Castle Sieges or Sitting Ducks?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jul 16, 2016, 20:2307/16/16
04/14/16

HI

I'm initiating this Discussion to understand if any experienced player can suggest how sieges can be saved from being a sitting ducks.

Is there any way to know if our siege is going to be broken before hand ?..

I wanted to send reinforcement but not sure....which caste Siege is about to be broken...

Inside Garrison tab...do we have any option?

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 16, 2016, 20:5307/16/16

rajeshkannan said:

HI

I'm initiating this Discussion to understand if any experienced player can suggest how sieges can be saved from being a sitting ducks.

Is there any way to know if our siege is going to be broken before hand ?..

I wanted to send reinforcement but not sure....which caste Siege is about to be broken...

Inside Garrison tab...do we have any option?

lord rajeshkannan 

unfortunately there is no way to know whether your siege is about to be broken

in garrison tab you can send defensive reinforcements to help keeping the siege however no matter what units you send the only warning of 

incoming attacks is for the attacks incoming to your own castle  

Jul 16, 2016, 21:0407/16/16
Jul 16, 2016, 21:22(edited)
04/14/16

Today...i was Challenged by a High Level Player (Level 77)...

This player started breaking all my sieges one by one....There is no way i can call this as a War ..... 

i was literally a sitting duck with no option for me to send a reinforcement to other besieged castles which was about to  be broken..

Can we have some Mechanism to make this a challenging war?

Make the game more fun:)

Jul 17, 2016, 00:0707/17/16
07/25/15

rajeshkannan said:

This player started breaking all my sieges one by one....There is no way i can call this as a War ..... 

i was literally a sitting duck with no option for me to send a reinforcement to other besieged castles which was about to  be broken..

I dont think anything you would done then, would help you defend your sieges anyways, if the guy was bigger than you to start with. Fifes and sieges is a brief thing, They are not yours more than anyone elses. Have people sending me mail about "hitting THEIR sieges, I ask them about the ownership of the actual place they siege.
Jul 17, 2016, 00:0707/17/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:09(edited)
11/05/14

Rajesh, as in the "rajesh"? You mean that you literally had endless indefensible sieges on dozens and dozens of castles. Then someone warned you to stop hogging the whole map, but you didn't listen. So that person, whose league was your league's friend and couldn't act, simply paid an ally in a different league to whack all of your ridiculous sieges.

From my point of view, I thought that was a lot of hilarious fun. Best game day ever.

Jul 17, 2016, 03:0207/17/16
Jul 17, 2016, 03:07(edited)
04/14/16

HI

I got to know more about the Game.........

In the end what i have learnt was , no one who is playing for Weekly siege ranking can have those many castles with enough reinforcement to withstand an unknown attack. that too it can come anytime (Even last minute) in that week.

Happy Gaming!!!!!!

Jul 17, 2016, 19:2807/17/16
03/22/16
rajeshkannan said:

First of all sieges, fiefs and bots are not a reason for war. If you in a league, you will find out that wars are very expensive in time, effort and forces. You were not challenged by a Level 77 unless you are over level 67 and choose to take it as a challenge. If you were being greedy, you were just being reminded how easily you can lose everything ifyou are not strategic and have lots of support.
Jul 17, 2016, 20:4107/17/16
Jul 17, 2016, 20:50(edited)
12/13/14

rajeshkannan said:

HI

I got to know more about the Game.........

In the end what i have learnt was , no one who is playing for Weekly siege ranking can have those many castles with enough reinforcement to withstand an unknown attack. that too it can come anytime (Even last minute) in that week.

Happy Gaming!!!!!!

The weekly rankings are a joke

if you have thousands of Archers just send them out one at a time on Sunday evening and by 07:00 Monday plarium will have given you thousands of sapphires - then you can recall them all with one click and start again two weeks later (it takes 7 days to reset your negative siege ranking)

The whole idea is laughable - but good luck anyway :)

p.s. We get 100 Dragons from Feats of Valour for liberating 5,000 of your sieges too haha
Jul 18, 2016, 19:0607/18/16
04/14/16

To All...

i'm sorry if you think that , i came here to complain about being challenged by Level 77.(No ...that is not my intention...)

i have learnt something ..its not about me being greedy...if there is an option to win ...sure everyone will go for it....i tried weekly siege ranking for the first time...

if  1000 siege is one way to earn weekly ranking...sure we should have an option to defend like we defend our own castle. this will make the game more interactive....(Think that what you siege are as if your own castle ..if there are 1000 seiges ...sure you should have the guts to defend all 1000 sieige from rest of the players who are planning to break it). 

Right now there is no option to defend the Besieged castles.

This is just a suggestion or you can call it my immagination...

And about sending 1000 archers sending one at a time to get more sapphireson a sunday weekend...why give only a few dragons ...have a system ..like liberated 1000 castles in that week..have a ranking for the Lion Heart of the week...give him also sapphires as a gift....

Jul 18, 2016, 19:1307/18/16
04/14/16
P.S: Plarium is not going to give anything for our suggestion...why bothering about Improvements...(I was also thing that in my mind when i shared my suggestion).,
Jul 18, 2016, 20:1907/18/16
12/13/14

rajeshkannan said:

P.S: Plarium is not going to give anything for our suggestion...why bothering about Improvements...(I was also thing that in my mind when i shared my suggestion).,

I once got top siege ranking when I was level 27 - it can be done - but that was on the Kongregate server, before plarium shut it all down with no warning.

I was not criticising you - hoped you had a sense of humour too :)
Jul 19, 2016, 04:3007/19/16
04/14/16

Now, How to stop people from Cheating in all three Ranking and also improve the gaming experience ...this is where experienced players like you all can lead by example.............. now i read about this somewhere....i'n not asking bring a whole life experience into this game but at least the essence of sieige a castle...lets not stop there after sieging a castle ...how to hold the siege after capturing it from other players should be the fun part.....

History (Some will think it is boring..i feel its a fantasy)....after all why so many gamer wants to play the castle games?

Here is an account of a siege. 

Stone throwing mangonels attack the towers and walls every day. The walls of the castles would hopefully be breached, and towers damaged. The enemy erects wooden towers called belfries, taller than the castle towers, to conceal and enable bow men to shoot arrows down into the castle. While this is going on, miners would be tunneling under the walls and towers of the castle in preparation to collapse them.

To counter the mining, anti-mining tunnels could be dug by the castle soldiers, which insured a ferocious hand-to-hand battle underground. Inside the castle, the guards would place a pot of water near the castle towers and walls. When the water rippled, they would know enemy miners were at work underneath them. Since some castles were defended with as few as 14 soldiers, you can imagine how busy they would be at this point!

The barbican is next assaulted and taken, with a loss of men on both sides. Then the bailey is attacked, and more men killed. Animals and some supplies would be captured. The auxiliary buildings containing hay and grain for the castle are burned. By now, miners have succeeded in collapsing a wall of the castle. The attackers have broken through and seized the inner bailey. More men on both sides would be lost in this phase of the attack.

By this time, the castle defenders would have retreated to the keep. Miners would now be setting fire to the mine tunnel under the keep. Smoke and fire are rising into the keep, and cracks appearing in the thick walls. The defenders of the castle are forced to surrender as the castle falls to the enemy.

Jul 19, 2016, 04:3307/19/16
Jul 21, 2016, 18:00(edited)
04/14/16

brunsonthomas said:

rajeshkannan said:

First of all sieges, fiefs and bots are not a reason for war. If you in a league, you will find out that wars are very expensive in time, effort and forces. You were not challenged by a Level 77 unless you are over level 67 and choose to take it as a challenge. If you were being greedy, you were just being reminded how easily you can lose everything ifyou are not strategic and have lots of support.

Where is the Fun if we are not challenged by High level player?....i enjoyed when some one in high level than me is challenging...
Jul 21, 2016, 14:0907/21/16
Jul 21, 2016, 14:09(edited)
04/14/16

I have no right to judge your comments....But Yes .....history is painful...Siege is one of great war tactics......

In this game, i wish they have such game scenario like the one i have mentioned in my earlier post.

Jul 21, 2016, 17:2307/21/16

Lord Tony Hobson,

posts with elements which could offend other players are against the rules.

Furthermore, its irrelevant for this game and topic.

Therefore, your last post is deleted.