All Categories

Issue with Hero - equipping offensive rings

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jul 12, 2016, 12:4907/12/16

Hi:

There is an apparent issue with equipping offensive rings with the Hero.

The system will not allow the ring to be equipped in the "Offensive" side but is being allowed in the "defensive" side for equipment.

As a result of this, both offense and defensive "ring" items cannot be equipped at the same time.

Is this a known issue/bug? 

It was working at one time.  Only became known when trying to replace the "common" offense item with an "uncommon" one.

Thanks

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 12, 2016, 13:2707/12/16
04/10/15

Lord Rbrian

im unable to reproduce what u are saying. actually i have one defensive ring area and one offensive ring area equipped so by now both sides are equipeed at same time

check it in case u are trying to equip the hero with the same kind of object

however if u think it could be a bug or issue please send ticket to support following this link

Regards
Jul 12, 2016, 14:0607/12/16
Jul 12, 2016, 14:51(edited)

Juglar del Viento said:

Lord Rbrian

im unable to reproduce what u are saying. actually i have one defensive ring area and one offensive ring area equipped so by now both sides are equipeed at same time

however if u think it could be a bug or issue please send ticket to support following this link

Regards

Double checked.  The "Offensive" ring is being allowed on the "Defensive" space but not being allowed in the offensive space..  I have a screen shot.

Update:  Now its working again.  This is weird!   Thank you for your response :)

Update #2:  System is allowing an offensive ring/talisman to be loaded in both offensive and defensive slots??.

Jul 12, 2016, 15:4807/12/16
11/04/15
It has always been possible to equip 2 rings of the same type, and is possible to equip both rings in the wrong slots - I was forced to drag one ring to equip in the correct slot
Jul 12, 2016, 17:4107/12/16
richard.plantagenet said:

It has always been possible to equip 2 rings of the same type, and is possible to equip both rings in the wrong slots - I was forced to drag one ring to equip in the correct slot
OK.  Thank you.  Must be one of those undocumented features ;)
Jul 15, 2016, 15:2607/15/16
12/13/14

Juglar del Viento said:

Lord Rbrian

Regards

Is this bugged or not?

Why is it possible to equip 2 defensive rings or equip 2 offensive rings? - http://prntscr.com/btabk9
Why is it possible to equip rings in the wrong slots?

Are the stats from our rings bugged? I have just won a battle that I expected to lose - I deliberately sent a weaker force but won the battle.
I removed all of my hero equipment, but my friend had his equipped - This seems to prove that his stats for Infantry defense were bugged by his equipment - http://prntscr.com/btag0q

We also need to know why our combat losses have been nerfed
I won the battle but lost 281 of 503 pikemen - I should not be expected to lose more than 50%

I lost almost 56% which is unacceptable

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jul 18, 2016, 12:1707/18/16
09/17/15
You can equip any ring in any slot 
Jul 18, 2016, 15:2907/18/16
Jul 18, 2016, 15:35(edited)
12/13/14

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Yes, we already know that. My screenshot proves it conclusively. Your answer is another non-answer.

Can you guarantee that the rings are not bugged? Have they been thoroughly tested?

I have had some insane battle results when wearing hero equipment, winning and losing unexpectedly - this does NOT happen when I unequip the hero equipment.

We can calculate the exact infantry strength of battlegrounds, so why do my pikemen fail to win the battles when wearing your stupid rings?

Jul 18, 2016, 16:5007/18/16

Tony Hobson said:

Yes, we already know that. My screenshot proves it conclusively. Your answer is another non-answer.

Can you guarantee that the rings are not bugged? Have they been thoroughly tested?

I have had some insane battle results when wearing hero equipment, winning and losing unexpectedly - this does NOT happen when I unequip the hero equipment.

We can calculate the exact infantry strength of battlegrounds, so why do my pikemen fail to win the battles when wearing your stupid rings?

lady Tony

pls check with support for a confirmed answer
Jul 23, 2016, 15:2107/23/16
Jul 23, 2016, 15:28(edited)
12/13/14

exxxe said:

Tony Hobson said:

lady Tony

Why?

This is the Form Bug Report Thread - so why are we expected to send tickets?

What is the purpose of this section if not to report bugs?
Jul 23, 2016, 17:0207/23/16

Tony Hobson said:

exxxe said:

Tony Hobson said:

lady Tony

Why?

This is the Form Bug Report Thread - so why are we expected to send tickets?

What is the purpose of this section if not to report bugs?

lady tony 

this thread is to report bugs and make it known to other players (including us and we try to reproduce it) however even if devs are now notified we still need help desk because we can not operate technically on the forum that task is for help desk

help desk can check your account directly as well as your logs if issue is found they collect the data required to let the devs fix it

as it seems this  problem is not effecting other players so the issue might be on your side the only way to find out is through support

Jul 23, 2016, 21:1607/23/16
I don't know what happened?  I lost all of my work from the past 6 days and have to start all over again.  How do I fix this?
Jul 24, 2016, 22:4107/24/16
12/13/14

Arman12fam said:

I don't know what happened?  I lost all of my work from the past 6 days and have to start all over again.  How do I fix this?

Arman, there are 2 servers - Dark Plains and Untamed Lands - I guess that you managed to log into the wrong server

Click the server name at top of page to switch from one server to the other
Jul 25, 2016, 21:1107/25/16
Jul 27, 2016, 14:48(edited)
12/13/14

exxxe said:

Sir Tony 

this thread is to report bugs .....

as it seems this  problem is not effecting other players so the issue might be on your side the only way to find out is through support

Why do you assume that this is not affecting other players? This problem is not on my side as it affects other games and servers too.

Please check my arithmetic

I just sent 204 archers to a level 16 bg and was defeated - this should not have happened, which implies that hero equipment is bugged.
It should be very easy to reproduce.

http://prnt.sc/bxflr6

204 Archer at 42.86 average defense = 8743.4 ( including all bonuses) - http://prnt.sc/bxfguw

182 Balur Units = 8480 total offense

If I had only lost by one or two units then I would ignore the problem, but imagine this problem reproduced on a level 100 bg

Jul 27, 2016, 15:0207/27/16
12/13/14

I just repeated the test sending 8441 defense against 8420 balur offense and lost again - obviously this should NEVER happen and screams that a bug exists

http://prnt.sc/by6zug

http://prnt.sc/by6xoa

but I no longer believe that the rings are bugged.

One possibility is that balur units are actually receiving bonuses from our fortress

http://prntscr.com/by7grz

We were told that this is only a visual glych, but the evidence is mounting that we have been seriously misinformed (again)

It is now time to have it fully tested by devs
Jul 27, 2016, 15:5607/27/16
04/10/15

Tony Hobson said:

I just repeated the test sending 8441 defense against 8420 balur offense and lost again - obviously this should NEVER happen and screams that a bug exists

http://prnt.sc/by6zug

http://prnt.sc/by6xoa

but I no longer believe that the rings are bugged.

One possibility is that balur units are actually receiving bonuses from our fortress

http://prntscr.com/by7grz

We were told that this is only a visual glych, but the evidence is mounting that we have been seriously misinformed (again)

It is now time to have it fully tested by devs

Dear Tony

i have done the calcs only with the 40% of arts (if u give me all your infantry bonus instead of average deff i will do with the bonus)

i explain you: balur attacks and you defend. balur average atack is 8420 points

balur attack is 74% beast 15% cavalry 8% infantry adn 2% occult so when you defend your infantry is going to use their 74% defense vs beast, 15% defense vs cavalry, 8% defense vs infantry and its 2% defense vs occults, so ur infantry is going to have the most part of battle against beast, part with is very weak ur infantry.

Aug 1, 2016, 14:0408/01/16
Aug 1, 2016, 14:17(edited)
12/13/14

The reason that I sent Lost One and Huntress is that they have identical defense stats against all balur units.
Your reply would only make sense if I had sent archers, dwarfs etc - The units sent were deliberately chosen to avoid any complication.

Inf/Cav/Occult /Bestiary makes no difference - the basic defense stat is ALWAYS 30, so the total must always be 8441 - http://prntscr.com/c08fgl

8441 defense should never lose against 8420 balur offense

Q.E.D.

Aug 1, 2016, 19:4508/01/16
Aug 1, 2016, 19:53(edited)

Tony Hobson said:

The reason that I sent Lost One and Huntress is that they have identical defense stats against all balur units.
Your reply would only make sense if I had sent archers, dwarfs etc - The units sent were deliberately chosen to avoid any complication.

Inf/Cav/Occult /Bestiary makes no difference - the basic defense stat is ALWAYS 30, so the total must always be 8441 - http://prntscr.com/c08fgl

Q.E.D.

lady Tony 

thank you for all of this effort reporting this bug 

however i unfortunately can not do anything about it 

so if i may ask you to do one more thing, pls send all these informations and screenshots to support (i know you are not excited about sending tickets however as i said this thread is to let other players know about the issue and to allow us to reproduce it)

i would report this myself but my account does not seem affected by it

again thank you and accept my apologies for not being able to do more
Aug 2, 2016, 16:1908/02/16
04/10/15

Tony Hobson said:

Q.E.D.

Hi again

with your numbers i have done again the calculations

take note that that 27,5% are the total of the effects (cristals, parangon and hero equipment) i put down a pic where the hero equipment can be found quickier.

so with ur numbers u are right and you have a total defense of 8441. dont sure if the formula used for bgs is the same for battles between players, i think the only difference if forces are so equal that player loose all and balur almost all or viceversa.

percentages on battle are 50% vs 50% so is so equal that battle can go for one side or the other by the decimals

in this case your percentage of death is 49.94% and balur is 50.06% so yes you should have win and save at least 1 troop, so pass it to devs for its study 

in the other hand i dont think balur has its effects percentage increased, in my side when i open the troops of balur shows me a ? on effects, what happens to u that appears one number is known visual glitch that still havent been fixed (siq).

hope any proffesional of bgs can do the calcs better than me and show the formula could be used in this case. 

Regards