Experienced Moderators Needed

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Jul 12, 2016, 12:0007/12/16
Jul 12, 2016, 12:21(edited)
01/31/15

Greetings Lords and Ladies,

From where the sudden distrust towards us moderators Lord Turok? Our intention is and has always been helping the players whom need it on the forums. I do understand the frustrations and all the confusions however, if there is an issue regarding one or several moderators, please contact a Community Manager or Administrator instead of spreading the words on the forums. In my eyes this can be considered a light variation of hate-speech, but that's my opinion.

I'm always here to help, if there's really something urgent that's not related to stuff meant for the Support Team, feel free to contact me by message! I can assume fellow moderators are there for you all too! 

We're a team, made for helping the beloved players out here, not to pester or to be annoying. I hope you understand!

Jul 13, 2016, 15:3907/13/16
Jul 13, 2016, 15:40(edited)
08/03/14
Alyona has gone a long way to erode the trust of many here.  With constant down talk, false information and out right lies.  And if you h ave been reading the forums, this isnt sudden at all.  it has been a festering wound in many of us regular forum users for a while.  i would point you to some of Alyona's posts that make us feel this way, and the many topics started about it by various users, but  our posts keep getting deleted. or users get banned for "foul language".  So  i have no written evidence, only a bad taste in my mouth for new moderators or community managers.

SlopranoDark said:

Greetings Lords and Ladies,

From where the sudden distrust towards us moderators Lord Turok? Our intention is and has always been helping the players whom need it on the forums. 

Jul 13, 2016, 15:4507/13/16
Jul 13, 2016, 17:23(edited)
08/03/14

plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions-and-feedback/topics/on-searching-for-key-words/1/#144166/" target="_blank">http://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions-and-feedback/topics/on-searching-for-key-words/1/#144166/

here is one.   a moderator responded by saying the forum search works fine for him. Thats a lie. it is a known bug that if you search the forum you get results from several games, not just stormfall. how could it have been fine for him?!

either he didnt even try the search, and lied about trying or ....if he did try the search, he lied about it working.  

Jul 13, 2016, 17:2607/13/16

My Lords,

my role as Forum moderator  is to preserve the culture of dialogue and advise less experienced players.

The general principle is fair play and, because of that, we have access to the same information's as any of you. 

I play Stormfall for 5 years. I'm not at the leading position in my league.

Members of my league do not even know that I'm Forum moderator cause it did not think it would help those players or improve communication in the Forum.

Jul 13, 2016, 19:0607/13/16
Jul 13, 2016, 19:06(edited)

My experience

Jul 14, 2016, 01:5107/14/16
08/12/14
djmoody said:

Ok I have managed to get the thread to a point where ppl feel they have to justify themselves which was never the point. It's a fine line to critique the system and not the people. I kind of think it should be possible but its quite possible to also stir up emotions.

Hopefully the posts to date have thrown some seeds out there that the system can be improved though.

Changing tack to something less contentious which won't raise the temperature.....

Out of interest which versions of the game do you play?

Vlad's post reminds me of the Facebook version. That third icon beneath the ruling time is present in that version.
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jul 14, 2016, 10:2607/14/16
09/17/15

First of all I want to say "Thank you" to everyone who involved in this discussion. Seeing that you, guys, care about the Forum and about all players is the best thing, I can imagine working as a Community Manager.

As I always say, Moderators are regular players who want to spend their free time helping other players. They don't need to be aware of Beacons drops, of BGs mechanics and so on, 'cause they are players. Just try to imagine how hard it is to find someone with huge experience, deep knowledge in the game, great experience in management, and outstanding communication skills. On top of that this player must be ready to spend 4+ hours on looking through the Forum helping everyone and cleaning all the swearings. Unfortunately, it is impossible to find candidates  who will fill all those requirements.

Every our moderator is ready to help you, guys, and answer your questions. They are here to do this. I'm here to do this.

To close this topic, I want to say that our requirements and questions that we send to our candidates indicate how good the possible moderator is and give us a full picture of all strong and weak sides of a candidate. After comparing all the result, we decide whether we are ready to offer the position or not. This is a complicated process.

Anyone could become a moderator. 

I answered all questions and explained our process. I'm closing this topic. Thanks everyone for the discussion. 

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.