This topic is closed

Experienced Moderators Needed

32 Replies
Drogar61
12 July, 2016, 1:06 AM UTC

On very weird way moderators took place of Administrators, even I would like to see Developer or Designer rather than Administrator.

Simple name of role isn't match to what we need.

I agree that moderators have just a simple job: to keep forum live.

But, from time to time moderators take not own role and open Pandora's box. I don't know if they do that by their will or someone smart enough push them in hell. That is main problem in forum.

We can share many info if we want and ask different questions. We have Juglar as mod for long time, and maybe once or twice he said something what started not nice discussion. Almost for forget.

Why no one has hard words with communication with Juglar is question and answer for many last situation where moderators were on pan.

Also, Alyona isn't enough to answer on our questions, but she is only one who speak with us as Plarium person. We need more.

In that case, moderators could be focused on really hard job, keeping forum clean and readable.

When mods take wrong role, very quickly conversation becomes ugly. And that is nothing more than wasting time.

It seems that someone have benefit when we are wasting time, and mods pays for that benefit.

There is no shame do not know, it's a shame to be stupid.

UTC +0:00
brunsonthomas
12 July, 2016, 1:13 AM UTC

IronApex Turok said:

brunsonthomas said:

I am one of the newest moderators. Why am I here? To help people understand the game and how it works. How did I get here? I volunteered and passed the required criteria and a probation period. Am I the best qualified, probably not,but I learn quickly, I have computer experience, 35 years. Programming experience, software knowledge, management experience. I have developed language skills and empathy with frustrated people. What else would you like to know that I can reveal without revealing proprietary or personal information not relevant to the game?

what is Your in game name

what are coords to your castle

what league you play with

how long you have been playing

which server you play on, or both

how much inside access do you get

do you know when beacon drops will come

what is the tax rate on the battlegrounds

why were the battlegrounds changed

can  you see my account and whats in my castle

what is your contact chain to the developers

Where is it that you applied for role of moderator

what were the criteria

lets just start with these. there are thousands more perfectly relevant questions on the forum, the easy ones first.

It depends on which server, but yes I play both servers. If you watch my screen shots I do not hide. However rules say we do not show coordinates.

I am in a league on both servers. Neither have a beacon yet.

I do not have accessto inside information and even if I did I would not release it to anyone, including league mates.

To date, I have been given no more information on beacons than you.

The battlegrounds were changed because a few players figured out how to beat the system. That error in programming was fixed.

I can see what any other player can see in your castle.

I have a Skype link to the International Help Desk and other moderators.

On this forum they requested volunteers and I had to answer a multitude of test scenarios and pass a probation period.

Volunteer and findout what the criteria is.

In answer to your questions as to why I was chosen, ask when you volunteer.
UTC +5:00
Ichezis
12 July, 2016, 12:00 PM UTC

Greetings Lords and Ladies,

From where the sudden distrust towards us moderators Lord Turok? Our intention is and has always been helping the players whom need it on the forums. I do understand the frustrations and all the confusions however, if there is an issue regarding one or several moderators, please contact a Community Manager or Administrator instead of spreading the words on the forums. In my eyes this can be considered a light variation of hate-speech, but that's my opinion.

I'm always here to help, if there's really something urgent that's not related to stuff meant for the Support Team, feel free to contact me by message! I can assume fellow moderators are there for you all too! 

We're a team, made for helping the beloved players out here, not to pester or to be annoying. I hope you understand!

Plarium Global Moderator; "We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone."
UTC +2:00
IronApex Turok
13 July, 2016, 3:39 PM UTC
Alyona has gone a long way to erode the trust of many here.  With constant down talk, false information and out right lies.  And if you h ave been reading the forums, this isnt sudden at all.  it has been a festering wound in many of us regular forum users for a while.  i would point you to some of Alyona's posts that make us feel this way, and the many topics started about it by various users, but  our posts keep getting deleted. or users get banned for "foul language".  So  i have no written evidence, only a bad taste in my mouth for new moderators or community managers.

SlopranoDark said:

Greetings Lords and Ladies,

From where the sudden distrust towards us moderators Lord Turok? Our intention is and has always been helping the players whom need it on the forums. 

IronApex Turok
13 July, 2016, 3:45 PM UTC

plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions-and-feedback/topics/on-searching-for-key-words/1/#144166/" target="_blank">http://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions-and-feedback/topics/on-searching-for-key-words/1/#144166/

here is one.   a moderator responded by saying the forum search works fine for him. Thats a lie. it is a known bug that if you search the forum you get results from several games, not just stormfall. how could it have been fine for him?!

either he didnt even try the search, and lied about trying or ....if he did try the search, he lied about it working.  

djmoody
13 July, 2016, 4:29 PM UTC

exxxe said:

moderators do NOT have inside access

The logic book you posted is quite exiting but for the fact that.......

A moderator has posted on this very forum confirming the inside information available to him. This included advanced details of new updates and beacon drops. I cba to find the post for you, was probably about 6 months ago.

It's one of the reasons I have a bee in my bonnet about moderator appointment along with this:

brunsonthomas said:

I have a Skype link to the International Help Desk and other moderators.

Direct voice comms access to Plarium staff, which has been bestowed in the past on ppl with castles as low as lvl 40!!!!!! (while the rest of us post suggestions with universal support from the entire player base and get nowhere **).

If you are convinced that beacon drop info is not leaked then put spies in a load of major leagues. You will soon change your tune when you see the league mails come out.

As to why Plarium leak this info, I can only suggest because they are utterly incompetent. I have posted before in this forum to protest how unfair it is and can only hope this has had some effect and they won't do it again.

** this reference is to the the change in level/marshall definiable visibility of beacon defence thread

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
djmoody
13 July, 2016, 4:55 PM UTC

Vladimir Stojanovic said:

I think this applies to me and Nemanja?
Well to give you hint do not look on date when we registered on the forum ;)

Had/have no intention of naming names. 

Plarium has a long history of surprising appointments but the catalysts for this particular post were:

- a moderator exposing a complete lack of even fundamental game mechanics

- a different moderator moderating "to the rules" with no understanding of the culture of this forum or the state of Plarium/Customer relationships (i.e. with absolutely no context because they were virtually brand new to the forum and game themselves).

This conversation could become highly personal. Appreciate current moderators may feel it attacks them. It's not meant to be about any individual person.

It's meant to be a commentary on how Plarium manages the moderator system and the powers it gives to moderators (which certainly in the past have gone way past forum moderation).

For the record I applied to be a moderator about a year and a half ago. Was asked if I spoke Italian or German and on replying I didn't was told no spots were open.

I am going to guess that they keep no record of who has applied and when they do need a new moderator they just take the next couple of people who express an interest at the point they need someone (otherwise I would have received a call or two right). So the system they run has a tendency to bais towards appointing new and inexperienced players as mods (whoever applies at the right moment). Its a pretty random system.

For example quite a lot of mods they appoint have little to no history of posting on the forums. To appoint ppl moderators over a forum they have to date no or little activity in is crass stupidity in my books. Most companies only appoint moderators who have been long term members and contributors to the forum they are about to moderate (criteria no1 you would have thought).

Tbh this areas is just another example of how Plarium don't do the game or the player base any justice with the time/effort they put in.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
djmoody
13 July, 2016, 5:16 PM UTC

Vladimir Stojanovic said:

Well to give you hint do not look on date when we registered on the forum ;)

No I always look at the unique user ID.

They auto increment each time someone creates an account. Very easy guide to how long someone has been playing. If you had an ID under 200k you would have been playing for over 2 years now.

Just an interesting throw away fact but every single player on this thread (other than Exxee) is more experienced in the game than all the every single moderator.

And just eyeballing it, the sum of the players total posts looks significantly ahead of the sum of the moderator posts. More experienced in the forum as well as the game.

Quite interesting little stats, something worth some quiet reflection by the right people.
Nemanja
13 July, 2016, 5:26 PM UTC

My Lords,

my role as Forum moderator  is to preserve the culture of dialogue and advise less experienced players.

The general principle is fair play and, because of that, we have access to the same information's as any of you. 

I play Stormfall for 5 years. I'm not at the leading position in my league.

Members of my league do not even know that I'm Forum moderator cause it did not think it would help those players or improve communication in the Forum.

Nemanja
UTC +1:00
Vladimir Stojanovic
13 July, 2016, 7:06 PM UTC

My experience

djmoody
14 July, 2016, 12:18 AM UTC

Ok I have managed to get the thread to a point where ppl feel they have to justify themselves which was never the point. It's a fine line to critique the system and not the people. I kind of think it should be possible but its quite possible to also stir up emotions.

Hopefully the posts to date have thrown some seeds out there that the system can be improved though.

Changing tack to something less contentious which won't raise the temperature.....

Out of interest which versions of the game do you play?

Inaginni
14 July, 2016, 1:51 AM UTC
djmoody said:

Ok I have managed to get the thread to a point where ppl feel they have to justify themselves which was never the point. It's a fine line to critique the system and not the people. I kind of think it should be possible but its quite possible to also stir up emotions.

Hopefully the posts to date have thrown some seeds out there that the system can be improved though.

Changing tack to something less contentious which won't raise the temperature.....

Out of interest which versions of the game do you play?

Vlad's post reminds me of the Facebook version. That third icon beneath the ruling time is present in that version.
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
14 July, 2016, 10:26 AM UTC

First of all I want to say "Thank you" to everyone who involved in this discussion. Seeing that you, guys, care about the Forum and about all players is the best thing, I can imagine working as a Community Manager.

As I always say, Moderators are regular players who want to spend their free time helping other players. They don't need to be aware of Beacons drops, of BGs mechanics and so on, 'cause they are players. Just try to imagine how hard it is to find someone with huge experience, deep knowledge in the game, great experience in management, and outstanding communication skills. On top of that this player must be ready to spend 4+ hours on looking through the Forum helping everyone and cleaning all the swearings. Unfortunately, it is impossible to find candidates  who will fill all those requirements.

Every our moderator is ready to help you, guys, and answer your questions. They are here to do this. I'm here to do this.

To close this topic, I want to say that our requirements and questions that we send to our candidates indicate how good the possible moderator is and give us a full picture of all strong and weak sides of a candidate. After comparing all the result, we decide whether we are ready to offer the position or not. This is a complicated process.

Anyone could become a moderator. 

I answered all questions and explained our process. I'm closing this topic. Thanks everyone for the discussion. 

Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
1723655 users registered; 43019 topics; 270785 posts; our newest member:svalka.reg