Elite reward packs not showing up to be claimed then appearing as expired.

10 Replies
pauldoc99
25 June, 2016, 12:01 AM UTC

Hi,


For the second time now, I have been collecting my league reward packs in the black market, only to see that 3 elite packs have expired. The first time this happened I figured I had somehow missed them. But this second time, I have realized that I did not miss them, the elite packs  are not appearing as no other pack has expired. My league just completed a tourney where we earned all 3 packs. I just collected the first two packs and the elite pack is not there.


If I had been remiss in picking up my packs, I would expect to have not just the elite packs expired, but the other two as well.


Please investigate and correct.


Thanks,

Sharkerty.
UTC +8:00
Vladimir Stojanovic
25 June, 2016, 8:44 AM UTC

My Lord, please submit report to support team for further investigation.




UTC +2:00
tardcat
26 June, 2016, 5:35 PM UTC

This has happened to me multiple times as well. I just took it as me somehow screwing up. the fact that there is someone else who has had the same problem makes me question it now though. 


I wonder if others have had the same issue and, like me,  just thought they had messed up and though no more about it.
UTC +6:00
ilyria190
27 June, 2016, 1:15 PM UTC
I have experienced the same thing a few times. Like you, the first time I thought I had just missed them, although I check my specials every day I log on. The second and third time, like you, I had collected the others ( which were still valid), and the elites said that they were expired... I have found, sadly that many times I file a ticket, get the autoresponder, and never get a follow through.... :-(
UTC +5:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
29 June, 2016, 1:39 PM UTC
They appear once you reach the required amount of points, not when the Mission is over. Many players open the reward packs while the Mission is running, and don't even notice that 
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Lady Nerium KT-S2
3 July, 2016, 10:27 PM UTC
I happens to me as well, and I check at least once a day to make sure nothing is overlooked. I had 2 today that did that, and the quests had just finished, so I know they couldn't have been expired.
I think, therefore I game.
UTC +5:00
ilyria190
13 July, 2016, 8:30 PM UTC

It doesn't make sense. I logged in, claimed all my reward packs that were showing, but when I logged in again later, it said I had 15 expired Elite packs!!  I reported this to support before and no one ever responded, so please don't tell me to file a ticket. Of the five times I have asked for support because of a glitch in the past six months, they have only replied once. I know I'm not the only one with issues, but what good is it to report stuff if they never get back to you?


This game has some fun aspects, and I would like to keep playing, but I get frustrated when problems go unaddressed, especially when it takes away the rewards I have earned with diligent playing!!
UTC +5:00
jumy
15 July, 2016, 3:31 AM UTC

ilyria190 said:


It doesn't make sense. I logged in, claimed all my reward packs that were showing, but when I logged in again later, it said I had 15 expired Elite packs!!  I reported this to support before and no one ever responded, so please don't tell me to file a ticket. Of the five times I have asked for support because of a glitch in the past six months, they have only replied once. I know I'm not the only one with issues, but what good is it to report stuff if they never get back to you?


This game has some fun aspects, and I would like to keep playing, but I get frustrated when problems go unaddressed, especially when it takes away the rewards I have earned with diligent playing!!

for any problem send a ticket to support, the best answer in this forum, support? where? who?

try to write and realize that the level of understanding the language and the problem is worse than here (standard Plarium) if some alien responds

ps
always checks also troops, refresh and check back or remain outside the catacombs

The truth hurts
UTC +12:00
dworka777
20 July, 2016, 8:06 AM UTC
I already wrote about this in " Your Suggestions " that they should be auto applied. But I got no feedback yet.
UTC -10:00
dworka777
20 July, 2016, 8:13 AM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


They appear once you reach the required amount of points, not when the Mission is over. Many players open the reward packs while the Mission is running, and don't even notice that 

That may be truth, but it happens to me often, that I wait until the event is finished, then I click claim and then I go to BM. I never go there before or after the event is finished. Strange thing is that there is Basic, Standard and Elite reward pack, but there is no Exclusive reward pack.

It should be there but it is not. Keep in mind that it is the same day when event is finished and new begins so it can't be the rewards from the new event.

For exclusive reward to appear I need to wait certain amount of time which is usually 8 to 12 hours don't know why.

This is just an example but it happens with ANY reward pack depending on your max reward.

If your Max is Exclusive, then standard is missing. If it is Standard then the Basic is missing.
UTC -10:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
20 July, 2016, 8:41 AM UTC
dworka777 said:

I already wrote about this in " Your Suggestions " that they should be auto applied. But I got no feedback yet.
I will give you feedback on suggestions a bit later.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
1720572 users registered; 42462 topics; 270756 posts; our newest member:Castle №8315213