All Categories

Novices Aren't Protected Enough

Novices Aren't Protected Enough

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Jul 1, 2016, 17:4507/01/16
12/01/15

Communication is the thing that really makes a difference in the things that happen to you in the game. If you get raided a lot by the same person just have a talk with him/her (nice one not rude). Most of the people are friendly and understandable . They will stop bothering you if you have a good communication with them. When i started i got raided and sieged a LOT (lost the bubble 1 hr after started). That got me mad but after trying to talk with those guys i didn't had to do anything else. Those that were my worst enemy's when i started are now my best allies and all of this because communication.

Of course  you have to build troops tho bcs you can't survive with only talking and talking. But it gives you time to build up and get stronger at the start till you are ready to join a good fight.
Jul 1, 2016, 18:1607/01/16

My Lords,

patience and planning are keys to successful playing. You shouldn't be afraid of being raided. If you do... so what? 

Whenever you collect some resources you can invest that in training units and as soon as you get some new units hide them in catacombs. 

When someone raid you he can get into resources empty castle. Few raids like that and most of the players will loose interest. 
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jul 4, 2016, 11:4707/04/16
Jul 4, 2016, 11:47(edited)
09/17/15

DANIEL explained the subject pretty clearly! Great example. 

Communication is a key way in our game to progress and to find fellow comrades. 
Jul 4, 2016, 16:3207/04/16
12/01/15
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

DANIEL explained the subject pretty clearly! Great example. 

Communication is a key way in our game to progress and to find fellow comrades. 
Thank you 
Jul 5, 2016, 00:5807/05/16
Jul 5, 2016, 01:05(edited)
12/13/14

Gadheras said:

just because something is very expensive, doesnt make it hardcore.
Epic battles, possibility to lose all in one click, hard way to the top, a lot of enemies on all fronts - that's what makes it hardcore.

errrrrm - Novices Aren't Protected Enough

This thread is about novices being bullied by much higher level players.

Yes, they do lose all in one click ... but that is because plarium actively encourages high level players to send infinite armies against weak players.

If plarium had any shame or ethics, they would make the force limit much much lower when attacking these tiny castles, or make it impossible to attack them using the same method used with Hamlets

Jul 5, 2016, 07:2807/05/16

To better protect newer players just make them less desirable. Why do established players raid/ seige newer players...they are easy targets and they are more likely to leave troops in the keep. 99% of the time they are hit during PVP tourneys for points. 

So why not change the point system to make  attacks on newer players less rewarding.Reduce the amount of tourny points with which killing units of newer players offers. From my standpoint this can be done one of two ways..by grouping players and establishing tourney points based on player levels. EXAMPLE : Killing a wyvern of a level 55 is worth 8 tourny points but killing a wyvern of a level 40 is worth 4 points. OR   killing a wyvern of a player with 6 months play time is worth 8 points and killing said wyvern of a players with 2 months play time is worth 4 points.

Not only will this make attacking newer / lower level players less attractive  it will also reward newer players who have the guts to attack more established players with higher level / play time. By going after them it will reward them more PVP points than attacking someone within their peer group.

Hope that makes sense tried to explain it in the least complicated way.

Jul 5, 2016, 11:0707/05/16
Jul 5, 2016, 11:08(edited)
12/13/14

db dbomb said:

So why not change the point system to make  attacks on newer players less rewarding.

Unfortunately, the opposite is true. It is actually more rewarding to attack newer players because most of their units will be level one

One Dragon has 1680 offense so it is worth 42 power points (just divide by 40) It is much easier to kill level one dragons, but they give the same points as level 20 dragons with multiple boosts from crystals, hero equipment etc

The same is true of Griffins. They have 587.5 defense so are worth 15 power points - but it is so much easier to kill the griffins of low level players (who have no castle walls etc) and still get exactly the same rewards.

There should be severe penalties for attacking level one units - the entire reward system needs to be changed

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jul 5, 2016, 11:3607/05/16
09/17/15

Tony Hobson said:

Gadheras said:

just because something is very expensive, doesnt make it hardcore.
Epic battles, possibility to lose all in one click, hard way to the top, a lot of enemies on all fronts - that's what makes it hardcore.

errrrrm - Novices Aren't Protected Enough

This thread is about novices being bullied by much higher level players.

Yes, they do lose all in one click ... but that is because plarium actively encourages high level players to send infinite armies against weak players.

If plarium had any shame or ethics, they would make the force limit much much lower when attacking these tiny castles, or make it impossible to attack them using the same method used with Hamlets

This is not a question of shame or ethics. We strive to make our game hard, where every achievement means something. Stormfall: Age of War is a hardcore strategy game. You need to be socially active and ready for challenges. 

In most cases, simple negotiation resolves constant raiding issue.

Jul 5, 2016, 20:5507/05/16
08/20/15

I think the thing some people are forgetting is this is a WAR game. Troops die if you miscalculate the opposition, or forget to be ready for an attack.  If you want a 100% survival rate, go play Farmville. 

If you don't want to lose your troops and resources: 

• Keep troops in the catacombs when you aren't actively using them for raids or defense. 

• Don't defend against raids unless you have multiple league mates helping you, there's too many players who have larger armies than most can field individually.  Keep your resource levels low by building/researching constantly. 

• Recruit only when you are actively playing, or figure out when your most frequent attackers aren't playing and do it then. Invest in an Auto Unit Hider and do your recruiting while it's in effect.

• Join a league that works together to protect each other. Check who has diplomatic relations with the league that is attacking you.

Also, take a look at your own behavior - are you instigating these raids by spying, or raiding those players? Fastest way to get raided is to raid someone in an active league, because you're bound to get retaliation.  Look for inactive castles or Bots, and don't raid the same people all the time. Nuisances tend to get stepped on.  Be polite - mouthing off at someone who raids you tends to result in more raids, or firebombs. 

If you're not an attractive target, most will find different places to raid. 

Jul 5, 2016, 22:0107/05/16
03/22/16
Do not forget that raiding active members in leagues placed in the top twenty is probably suicidal and your league mates will just let you suffer. Do not raid or siege  officers of a league unless you want the entire league to attack you.