Novices Aren't Protected Enough

31 Reply
bullweed
22 June, 2016, 6:30 PM UTC
This is going to be my first and last post.I am a complete novice to the game and game type.So had little or no idea of what to expect.I am sure that I have made quite a few mistakes and so probably deserve whatever I got under the present gaming format.It is this format that I think needs to be addressed as it appears that the ones with all the resources and all the power can do whatever they want to anyone entering the game.Because of this I have little or no desire to continue playing as I do not wish to keep being "a nice little earner" for those with all the the power
UTC +7:00
Ichezis
23 June, 2016, 7:42 AM UTC

I'm sorry to hear that, m'lord.

As I have no further words, I'll inform a Community Manager.

Good luck!

Plarium Global Moderator; "We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone."
UTC +2:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
23 June, 2016, 7:54 AM UTC

Hi, Bullweed!

It's always nice to see that new players come here and share their experience. I have moved your thread to Game Discussion. 

I'm sure that you've already noticed that this game is really hardcore, and it's hard to play, hard to compete, and hard to place in TOP.

That's why our players unite in Leagues, form Alliances, and find friends here. There's no such enemy which can't be beat with joint efforts. 

I'm sure that our players can share some tips with you 
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
djmoody
23 June, 2016, 1:35 PM UTC

It's not that bad.

You can catacomb your troops and no1 can touch you. So you only need to engage in PvP if you choose to. That will allow you to build up to the point where you can be competitive.

The long and short of it is, the game has been going for 3 years. There is no way to make that a level playing field and to be honest it wouldn't make sense to try - otherwise there would be no point in playing and growing.

If you are unlucky enough to catch one of the noobs who has IRL inadequacies and wants to bully you and attack for no real benefit for themselves, just to kill your game, you can always move your castle.

One of the biggest learnings in the game is to leave your ego at the door when it comes to being attacked. It feels personal, someone attacking your space. But ultimately you lose a few resources and maybe your alter goes down. Your troops are worth a lot more resources than the resources you are trying to defend - so why bother. Catacomb your troops and try and use all your resource up as frequently as possible, so you are a useless raid to people. 

FYI the raid mechanic is pretty much 1 for 1 losses. So even when someone overwhelms you they will lose the same amount of troops you do. That is very much set to favor the new player - the bigger player is getting no advantage for his size. DO NOT try settlements, hamlets, beacons until you know what you are doing as they don't work like this.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
Gadheras
23 June, 2016, 6:26 PM UTC

Biggest problem for new players is to log back in again to find whatever you built during off hours was destroyed. The auto catacomb scrolls you can buy for sapphires is a bad solution.

If units you make was just stuck in a queue and deliver system. Rather than arrive 1 by one into your castle as trained, it would been much better.

Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
24 June, 2016, 8:37 AM UTC
Gadheras said:

Biggest problem for new players is to log back in again to find whatever you built during off hours was destroyed. The auto catacomb scrolls you can buy for sapphires is a bad solution.

If units you make was just stuck in a queue and deliver system. Rather than arrive 1 by one into your castle as trained, it would been much better.

Do you have any solution for this issue? Maybe some tactics like leaving Defense outside, etc?
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
jumy
24 June, 2016, 8:53 AM UTC

the level does not really count, real new players i always see less

many are just noise and would serve a protection  to big levels really 

when i see this new players 
The truth hurts
UTC +12:00
Gadheras
24 June, 2016, 10:45 AM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Gadheras said:

Do you have any solution for this issue? Maybe some tactics like leaving Defense outside, etc?

As a new player, leaving defence outside is not something you ever want to do. The only solution to this is really in the hands of plarium. The queue and deliver system I mentioned above as example. 
Inaginni
24 June, 2016, 12:24 PM UTC

Gadheras said:

Gadheras said:

-snip-

As a new player, leaving defence outside is not something you ever want to do. The only solution to this is really in the hands of plarium. The queue and deliver system I mentioned above as example. 

I think a good option would be to have something similar to the novice protection, however, this would include a group of players lvl 30-50, say. That way, the people in this group could be somewhat on par with each other, at least more so than a lvl 70 coming by. It would also act similar to novice protection, in that if they attacked someone outside of the level range they could be raided by higher levels for a week, although at this point the protection would return. This would allow lower level players to participate in hitting league targets without having to sacrifice their protection forever. This would also give higher level players enough time to turn around and hit the lower level player that hit them.

This is something I've seen in another game, that did help players build up enough that they would have the knowledge, and necessary minimum power, to endure attacks from larger players.
Gadheras
24 June, 2016, 12:59 PM UTC

Inaginni said:

Gadheras said:

Gadheras said:

-snip-

I think a good option would be to have something similar to the novice protection, however, this would include a group of players lvl 30-50, say. That way, the people in this group could be somewhat on par with each other, at least more so than a lvl 70 coming by. It would also act similar to novice protection, in that if they attacked someone outside of the level range they could be raided by higher levels for a week, although at this point the protection would return. This would allow lower level players to participate in hitting league targets without having to sacrifice their protection forever. This would also give higher level players enough time to turn around and hit the lower level player that hit them.

This is something I've seen in another game, that did help players build up enough that they would have the knowledge, and necessary minimum power, to endure attacks from larger players.

Thats one way to kill the game.
Inaginni
24 June, 2016, 10:39 PM UTC

Gadheras said:

Inaginni said:

Not sure how it would kill the game as it would make low level players (30-50) more likely to stay. And it would also allow high level players to retaliate against the, probably extremely weak by our standards, attack that the low level players initially sent. Pretty sure end game doesn't revolve around raiding them ;)

I guess you could be talking about how easy it is for high level players to profit off of hitting them, but I would say that piece of gameplay removes more players than it generates.

Although, thinking about it, it would have to not apply to players that have left the game, either through a log-in requirement to keep it going or perhaps a time limit, similar to novice protection.

fts_group
24 June, 2016, 11:23 PM UTC
This games is great. it roclks....!!!
Gadheras
25 June, 2016, 8:48 AM UTC

Inaginni said:

Gadheras said:

Inaginni said:

Not sure how it would kill the game as it would make low level players (30-50) more likely to stay. And it would also allow high level players to retaliate against the, probably extremely weak by our standards, attack that the low level players initially sent. Pretty sure end game doesn't revolve around raiding them ;)

I guess you could be talking about how easy it is for high level players to profit off of hitting them, but I would say that piece of gameplay removes more players than it generates.

Although, thinking about it, it would have to not apply to players that have left the game, either through a log-in requirement to keep it going or perhaps a time limit, similar to novice protection.

You have 10 raids a day. Wanna bet how long until map riddled with protection bubbles. Siege rankings and such? forget that.
Inaginni
25 June, 2016, 1:48 PM UTC

Gadheras said:

Inaginni said:

Gadheras said:

Inaginni said:

-snip

You have 10 raids a day. Wanna bet how long until map riddled with protection bubbles. Siege rankings and such? forget that.

That's why I said it would have to distinguish between long agos and actives. There are enough long agos that I don't think anyone that places in seige actually chooses to seige actives.

As for the other rankings, I don't see how any of them would be affected. Even tribute rankings, the one possibly most likely affected, would not cause those that get in the top 10 to lose their position due to not being able to seige active lvl 50- players.
Lady Nerium KT-S2
25 June, 2016, 5:16 PM UTC
It's always a struggle when you start a game/server after it's in progress. You not only have the learning curve to overcome, you have the problem of being so much lower level than your neighbors. It's hard to keep up with veteran players, but it's worth sticking it out.

The only way to give new players protection is to make them less attractive targets by putting an attack penalty on someone attacking a player of significantly lower level ... which would be crazy given the reality that a level 30 player could buy millions of troops, provoke a level 60 player into attacking, and then reap the benefit of an "equalizing" penalty and gain unfair advantage.  

I would suggest that the best option is do your recruiting while you're online, level your catacomb and use it consistently, and keep your resources spent down by building constantly and upgrading scroll arts. You can increase your recruit speed with the obelisk and dragon, so concentrate on that. Joining a league is also a good idea - look for one that is willing to share information and help you learn.

It's possible to survive as a minnow in the shark tank if you play smart. 

I think, therefore I game.
UTC +5:00
jumy
25 June, 2016, 6:00 PM UTC
Lady Nerium KT-S2 said:

It's always a struggle when you start a game/server after it's in progress. You not only have the learning curve to overcome, you have the problem of being so much lower level than your neighbors. It's hard to keep up with veteran players, but it's worth sticking it out.

The only way to give new players protection is to make them less attractive targets by putting an attack penalty on someone attacking a player of significantly lower level ... which would be crazy given the reality that a level 30 player could buy millions of troops, provoke a level 60 player into attacking, and then reap the benefit of an "equalizing" penalty and gain unfair advantage.  

I would suggest that the best option is do your recruiting while you're online, level your catacomb and use it consistently, and keep your resources spent down by building constantly and upgrading scroll arts. You can increase your recruit speed with the obelisk and dragon, so concentrate on that. Joining a league is also a good idea - look for one that is willing to share information and help you learn.

It's possible to survive as a minnow in the shark tank if you play smart. 

time is time, if a alt is lv50 after 1 year is always a alt 
The truth hurts
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
27 June, 2016, 12:34 PM UTC
Come on, guys. It's a hardcore strategy after all. You do risk if you train Units. And there's always a chance that they will be destroyed. It's a war game, and there are not so many nice people there who wouldn't attack you if you have some Offense outside.
Gadheras
27 June, 2016, 4:13 PM UTC

Come on, guys. It's a hardcore strategy after all. You do risk if you train Units. And there's always a chance that they will be destroyed. It's a war game, and there are not so many nice people there who wouldn't attack you if you have some Offense outside.
just because something is very expensive, doesnt make it hardcore.
jumy
27 June, 2016, 6:58 PM UTC

Gadheras said:

harcore mah .... i know something hardcore but certainly not this game

The truth hurts
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
29 June, 2016, 1:36 PM UTC
Gadheras said:

Epic battles, possibility to lose all in one click, hard way to the top, a lot of enemies on all fronts - that's what makes it hardcore.
1665850 users registered; 33913 topics; 253261 post; our newest member:jul1