All Categories

At WAR!

At WAR!

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jun 15, 2016, 20:3806/15/16
05/01/15

At WAR!

My league is curently at war with another league. It's our first one and we seem to not have figured out the right strategy to win yet. No matter what we do, they get the most points. Attacking doesn't count nearly as much as defending does, but we cannot get them to attack. Instead they send tons of fake raids and sieges to upset us, I assume and make us attack.

Lately they changed strategy and are sending reinforcements to our league players, always 1 archer, but many one after another. For example, I have 18 single reinforcements incoming. What is this all about?

I could also use some advice on winning a war...
Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 15, 2016, 20:5006/15/16
08/03/14

plarium changes the algorythm for the battle calculator constantly. once, defending was the most important thing, then it changed, and no one ever defended, now it seems weight has been added back to defending.

we stopped doing wars, for a strategy game, it became a little annoying to not be able to build a strategy because game mechanics arent reliable.

Jun 15, 2016, 21:0006/15/16
05/01/15
Anyone an idea why they are sending reinforcements?
Jun 15, 2016, 21:1406/15/16
08/03/14
to keep tabs on who is raiding which of  your members. making sure people are following orders.
Jun 15, 2016, 23:0506/15/16
06/20/15

Dang... I'd not like to be in a league w/out trust... At least trust Ur league or find another...???

So I'm wondering IF I send a massive amount of defense to MY enemies castle and then another of MY league players was to attack and not be successful, would MY side gain points while stationed at their castle??
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jun 16, 2016, 08:1906/16/16
09/17/15

I think it's more about discipline and order, not trust. They do trust their members, but they need to control dozens of men. It's really hard if you don't have any info about their actions. 

Jun 16, 2016, 11:5106/16/16
Jun 16, 2016, 12:08(edited)
06/21/15

In this game u cannot trust anyone including Marshall's

All members have friends in other leagues.Not to mention Alts deliberately placed in other leagues to spy

this is common knowledge ..Every league will have spies in them

Trust no one in war .

The first thing Marshall needs to do is remove long ago,s in your league ..they are a weak spot .

leave nothing in your castle ..also res as low as possible when members go off line.

select your biggest members to be attackers..remainder do not attack only defend.

Beware of fb,s many only use these to gain attack points as u cannot defend them .
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jun 17, 2016, 08:1806/17/16
09/17/15
seeker said:

In this game u cannot trust anyone including Marshall's

All members have friends in other leagues.Not to mention Alts deliberately placed in other leagues to spy

this is common knowledge ..Every league will have spies in them

Trust no one in war .

The first thing Marshall needs to do is remove long ago,s in your league ..they are a weak spot .

leave nothing in your castle ..also res as low as possible when members go off line.

select your biggest members to be attackers..remainder do not attack only defend.

Beware of fb,s many only use these to gain attack points as u cannot defend them .
But why you can't trust your Marshall? He can't be a spy...Or can he?
Jun 17, 2016, 08:3106/17/16
08/03/14

in a previous game i was Marshal of the top 3 ranked leagues.  no one knew i had Alts, let alone that my alts were the marshals of the most powerful leagues in the game. 

if i didnt have control over the marshal of a league, i had spies who were the marshals most trusted advisors. i dominated every aspect of that game.  There wasnt a move made on 8 servers i didnt know about. 

i dont have the free time to play that kind of game now. But i imagine there are people who do and have dedicated a significant amount of time to developing their information gathering networks. 

Jun 17, 2016, 17:1806/17/16
05/01/15

Talking about spies, how do you guys detect them?  (since I'm pretty sure that we all have them, or had tjem at some point in our leagues)

I'd also like to know, how do you make sure that important tactical information doesn't fall into the wrong hands...

Do you use external chatrooms for your commanders and above, or pms?
Jun 17, 2016, 20:2806/17/16
08/03/14
lol, you send spies to other leagues, give misleading information and see how the other leagues react. depending on who you have the bad info too...you can weed out who told them what. 
Jun 22, 2016, 21:5306/22/16
Jun 22, 2016, 21:56(edited)
08/20/15

We game, therefore we spy - it's a fact of life.

All you can do about spies is keep your plans off chat as much as possible, and don't broadcast strategy. Troop numbers, especially of Beacon/Fortress defense should be kept off chat at all times. Anything you don't want to share with the server should be done by email or off game communication such as Teamspeak or Skype. Even then you're not safe, you've just limited the risk.

It isn't always the people on chat who are spies unfortunately, but keep note of who is on chat when plans are shared, and what happened when you actually ran the operation. Sometimes you can tell who isn't committed to the league and watch what they do, such as not sending defense when they were asked to, but otherwise it's nearly impossible to detect a spy. A lot of people have alts in other leagues, and there isn't much you can do about it if they want to pass information. 

It's not just spies you need to worry about though, its also disgruntled players in your own league. I've seen screenshots of a lot of league's beacon and fortress defenses and can only hope that my leagues information isn't also making the rounds. 

Hopefully you can get Captains and Commanders you can trust. The main thing is don't promote everyone in the league to a rank that can see all the league statistics and beacon defense numbers. Holding an officer's position in a league is a matter of responsibility - one of which is keeping the league secure. Unfortunately, until Plarium allows a Marshall to control who can see the league statistics by player, not rank, you'll either have to limit promotions, or you'll just have to cross your fingers and hope your information isn't used against you.  

Jun 24, 2016, 08:3706/24/16
08/03/14
or stock a beacon so full of defense its suicide to go after it.  then it doesnt matter how many spies you have, lo.
Jun 24, 2016, 23:2606/24/16
08/20/15
There's no such thing as a "safe" beacon when there are many players on-game who can field over 50 million offense (unit count, not offensive strength).  
Jun 25, 2016, 08:5706/25/16
08/03/14
Lady Nerium KT-S2 said:

There's no such thing as a "safe" beacon when there are many players on-game who can field over 50 million offense (unit count, not offensive strength).  
true. did you guys have a fella on server 1 that spent $15k on a beacon take down?
Jun 25, 2016, 16:4406/25/16
08/20/15
That's just crazy :-(  but it wouldn't surprise me. Gaming can be as addictive as gambling and just as expensive. I had to set limits years ago - it makes you think about what you're spending when you have to go buy a specific gift card. Those "click click click's" on your credit card can add up, quickly.
Jun 25, 2016, 21:3006/25/16
08/03/14
Lady Nerium KT-S2 said:

That's just crazy :-(  but it wouldn't surprise me. Gaming can be as addictive as gambling and just as expensive. I had to set limits years ago - it makes you think about what you're spending when you have to go buy a specific gift card. Those "click click click's" on your credit card can add up, quickly.
yep. thats the way i do it. i only use subway gift cards.   $25 at a time. anymore than that and i am compelled to explain to the cashier why i need $500 worth of subway on one gift card.