All Categories

Strange game imbalances

Strange game imbalances

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jun 3, 2016, 20:3206/03/16

Strange game imbalances

I believe the problem with BG's is evident everywhere in the game.

Take a look at the following:

Farm upgrades produces increased production up to level 17 with each upgrade being more than the last (which makes sense)

Upgrading to 16 gives +400 p/h

Upgrading to 17 gives +600 p/h

Upgrading to 18 gives +400 p/h

Upgrading to 19 gives +500 p/h

Upgrading to 20 gives +500 p/h

Mines and Town houses also seem to become less rewarding

Upgrading levels 6 - 16 gives +20 p/h

Upgrading levels 17 - 20 gives +10 p/h

Selling equipment of different class and rarity is strangely formulated !?

10 coins takes 7 min

30 coins takes 1 hr

60 coins takes 3 hr

90 coins takes 15 min

100 coins takes 6 hr

Making 1 Necromancer takes over 1.5 hrs

Losing 100 Necromancers in BG takes 1 min

This is just a few examples, there is definitely more...

Point is, that for #7YearsStrong this should not be a problem at all any more?! What is wrong with keeping the gain ratio?

Fix the imbalance (especially in BG's), and ask less for Buying and Using Sapphires. 

PS

Asking less will DEFINITELY ensure more sales

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 3, 2016, 20:4406/03/16
07/25/15

They happy about how it is. Players seems to be like children in their eyes. To be seen, but not heard -)

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jun 6, 2016, 08:5706/06/16
09/17/15

Greetings. I can ensure you that game balance is developed and maintained by several departments which consider each change carefully. There is always a reason why we have set a particular number. 

Unfortunately, I am unable to pass your suggestion considering the fact that balance changes are performed only according to some calculations and analysis. 

Not all game features increase linearly. Some formulas or calculations are more complicated, however they are always set consciously. 

Jun 6, 2016, 09:0606/06/16
07/25/15

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Greetings. I can ensure you that game balance is developed and maintained by several departments which consider each change carefully. There is always a reason why we have set a particular number. 

Could be inclined to believe that, but since there is no signs of life from any devs or such. Just forum admins. I'm not so sure.Guess why I really like early access games on Steam, because you can actually communicate with the devs through the process of making the games. Don't get me started on star citizen and the devs relation with the community there.