Help Cancer patients

6 Replies
miaws58
27 May, 2016, 6:30 PM UTC

Dear Plarium,


I am a player who has enjoyed the time on the game immensely.  It is a fun game but if you want to be competitive it is a very expensive game.  I have no issue with the expenses except, and please hear me out and consider the suggestion.  


I am a cancer patient and due to this horrid disease I have no employment and virtually zero income.   I struggle monthly to be able to maintain my internet connection and then have taken to selling my personal possessions to fund my minor sapphire purchases.  Unfortunately my possessions to sell are now gone and I am looking at hoping that the good people at Plarium will step up to the plate for all we cancer patients who play and donate/give us sapphires so we can grow and enjoy the game during the time we have where we are able to play the game.   I would be very willing to  send you the diagnosis of my cancer and documentate it if it meant I could have more fun in the game and be more competitive with the free sapphires so I could build, rebuild and do the normal game things.  Many people have large disposable income, and yet others don't mind "taking" 5 years to build a great account.  Those of us, like me who  have metastatic Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma don't have the time and only a prayer that we will be enjoying this game in 1-2-3 or 5 years.  Hence I suggest you give consideration to funding a certain amount of sapphires and other awards as such on a monthly basis to the Cancer patients who play.  To make certain there is no "foul" play, I would  suggest that the accounts belong to Plarium and we are given ongoing changing passwords.   Should the ownership of the account somehow have an attempt to pass it to another then that account should be deleted in full and the patient not allowed to play "on the house" so to speak again.  


My name is Frederick Swaim and I am requesting not just for me but for many others who are fighting this horrid disease on a daily basis that Plarium aid us and help us make our "online" gaming fun and enjoyable in the time we have.   My email address is *[Censored] any further communication can be channeled via that email or to my cell phone which I will gladly give to a Plarium representative who emails me and gives me a number and name to contact.  Thank you very much for considering my proposal.

* Please, be aware that sharing your email to public can bring problems with it, hence the mail has been censored for your protection. 
I apologize for the inconvenience. - SlopranoDark

UTC +6:00
Gadheras
30 May, 2016, 8:35 AM UTC


Don't want to play the devils advocate. But, I get a week ban for commenting on another game, this been sitting here for days now without even being removed. Dude make an email address public (putting himself wide open for trolliong and all kinds of bad stuff) and this is a subject Plarium wont even touch, because its like open the pandoras box, it cant be closed again if it does.


Forum mods or even admins, how this been sitting here for days is... terrible.


And for the OP, I'm sorry for your condition and such, but even how hartless it sounds, Plarium is not a charity.



UTC +2:00
Ichezis
30 May, 2016, 9:10 AM UTC

Lord Gadheras,

I have read this subject, I have passed it forth to other mods and even the CM. This is a saddening story which I believe could use some help. However, I am not an Administrator or anything, so it now depends on what higher ranked think about it. I do not like the way you wrote how Plarium does not have charity. Please, think before you write.


Dear Miaws58,

I'm horribly sorry for your disease, I hope you can make the best out of it. I have asked the CM what she thinks of it, in the hope something will be accomplished.

Please, keep your heads up and good luck! 

Plarium Global Moderator; "We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone."
UTC +2:00
Gadheras
30 May, 2016, 9:33 AM UTC

SlopranoDark said:


Lord Gadheras,

I have read this subject, I have passed it forth to other mods and even the CM. This is a saddening story which I believe could use some help. However, I am not an Administrator or anything, so it now depends on what higher ranked think about it. I do not like the way you wrote how Plarium does not have charity. Please, think before you write.


Dear Miaws58,

I'm horribly sorry for your disease, I hope you can make the best out of it. I have asked the CM what she thinks of it, in the hope something will be accomplished.

Please, keep your heads up and good luck! 


I don't want to argue, but "have charity" and "is a charity" is two different things. If plarium start give out free sapphires and such to people with one condition, then they put themselfs wide open. Its a box once opend cant be closed.  You could at least censor the dudes email address.


UTC +2:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
30 May, 2016, 9:42 AM UTC

Greetings.

To Gadheras:

In Plarium we strive to help people in need. And we are engaged in charity: http://company.plarium.com/ru/news/charity/ (unfortunately, we don't have reports in English).


To Miaws58:

We are sorry to hear that you strive for your life with this awful disease. Thank you for contacting us and telling your story. 

Unfortunately, we are not ready to give free Sapphires to all players who are experiencing the same health issues as you do. This would be unfair to other players, and it could affect our game balance which we must save.

However, I gave you a one-time bonus of 1000 Sapphires, and I hope you will use them wisely. Please be aware that we will be unable to give you more Sapphires in the future, as we are unable to do the same for other players.

I really appreciate that you've found your strength to talk to us about it, and I think it's worth a small present.

Have a great day and enjoy our game.


Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Ichezis
30 May, 2016, 9:50 AM UTC
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Gadheras said:



I don't want to argue, but "have charity" and "is a charity" is two different things. If plarium start give out free sapphires and such to people with one condition, then they put themselfs wide open. Its a box once opend cant be closed.  You could at least censor the dudes email address.


Thanks. I've censored it.
Oops, seems like my late edit overwrote yours. You may change it back to yours, if you think it's better. 
Plarium Global Moderator; "We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone."
UTC +2:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
30 May, 2016, 9:54 AM UTC
SlopranoDark said:

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Gadheras said:



I don't want to argue, but "have charity" and "is a charity" is two different things. If plarium start give out free sapphires and such to people with one condition, then they put themselfs wide open. Its a box once opend cant be closed.  You could at least censor the dudes email address.


Thanks. I've censored it.
Oops, seems like my late edit overwrote yours. You may change it back to yours, if you think it's better. 
Nevermind, it's ok :)
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
1665850 users registered; 33913 topics; 253261 post; our newest member:jul1