All Categories

Where is the incentive - a question still unanswerd.

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
May 27, 2016, 10:5605/27/16

Where is the incentive to play the BGs and PvP when the point system is impossible to reach and you lose 3-5 times more units than you gin in the BGs on top of the point system so rigged it reminds me of an American election?

Can someone please explain that to me?

I raided a low lvl 6 Orcs cave where I lost as follows:

2 Pikes

2 Paladines

The gain?

Some incomprehencable "points" and 1 - ONE single pikeman

I defended a lvl 13 village against orcs and lost as follows:

2 griffins

1 Golem

1 demon

1 barbarian

1 nomad

28 archers

17 dwarfes

My "spoils" of "war"?

11 ballistas

11 Wardens

12 bear riders

You need almost 5000 points to "win" 5 eldrich necromancers

For anyone to "win" those "fabulous prices", the lowest points needed to be gained to get 4 zapphires is 2000 points.

They call it "epic". Right! Epically rigged! There is no joy in this when the terms are getting more and more intolerable. and the staff isn't very good at picking up everything that is wrong about their "free game" scheme. Call it "free registration - pay to play" rather than "play for free". Why? Because it¨'s impossible to advance anything with these "incentives" and false carrots they put up. 

I have seen others ask these questions, indicating that this is nothing but a money scam, made to make you spend lots of money, thinking you have bought something of actual value.

I have seen no response but seen posts regarding this disappear without explanation

Why cannot anyone representing SF give an explanation for this?

Views
Comments
Comments
May 27, 2016, 11:5805/27/16
LongJohnSilver said:

Call it "free registration - pay to play"

you nailed it right there the best description of all plarium games not just SF 
May 27, 2016, 12:5005/27/16

see also ratio bg points/tournaments points... all random and planned :D

the best win is no play in this game :)

May 27, 2016, 14:2805/27/16
01/12/15

I think you were talking about league tourney. League tourney should be done by the whole league not just some individuals.

To be honest this pvp is good. And with muliplier it's better.

Though usually the rewards end at 17 but this one ends on 15. Need to watch out at upper points.
May 27, 2016, 16:1205/27/16
03/09/16

That's funny, I wrote a response yesterday and it has disappeared. It is frustrating that we are required to do the low level BGs even though there is now no unit reward below level 7. (which they are denying, saying it's based on some undetermined factors (more smoke and mirrors)). They fill up our lists with required but useless activities, and more junk to get rid of for hero/.

I'm losing interest, sadly, but I keep hanging in, hoping they will wake up...
May 27, 2016, 16:2305/27/16
May 27, 2016, 16:23(edited)

Sifr said:

I think you were talking about league tourney. League tourney should be done by the whole league not just some individuals.

To be honest this pvp is good. And with muliplier it's better.

Though usually the rewards end at 17 but this one ends on 15. Need to watch out at upper points.

typical yourself raid 

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
May 30, 2016, 09:5205/30/16
09/17/15
Greetings. I'm not sure I understand your suggestion. Could you please give me some details? What do you suggest?
Jun 2, 2016, 08:5606/02/16
Jun 3, 2016, 09:48(edited)

Are you serious?

It's paradoxial that the player know what I am talking about and you a moderator, and alleged expert come with this non-answer?

RAISE THE REWARDS!

And don't put up ridicoously high points (kills) for little or no reward. The only incentive you give is to waste money in order to advance. And then you lose all your knew units on a high lvl bg. If that wasn't enough, this "revive your units for free" is also a giant lie. 

Put up more low lvl bg's with PAYOUT and start actually to pay out the "beseige rival"...Which you haven't done yet.

I have beseiged TWO CASTLES todahy just to get rid of the annoying "beseige castle" that always comes up when I log on, and then you actually don't keep the promise of wsaid rewards.

Watch your language! 

Jun 2, 2016, 19:3706/02/16
Jun 2, 2016, 20:38(edited)
10/07/14

for the last 2 months ive stoped doing battlegrounds  now to me its finished

the payout is not worth it , i play now  to see my friends , 

this was a real good game but plarium you have killed it totally even the  7 year  rewards are a joke ???

its just for coiners only , ive finished coining in this game 
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jun 3, 2016, 09:4706/03/16
Jun 3, 2016, 09:49(edited)
09/17/15

Unfortunately, we are unable to simply raise the rewards. They need to be balanced. Higher rewards in BGs are available on higher levels. So maybe you should try them? :)

As for your another question, do you see any suggestions here: http://screencast.com/t/bs4vjUnI I don't. That's why I've asked for the details. Please re-read your Suggestions before posting them and make sure that you have included a suggestion into your post.

Jun 3, 2016, 10:0506/03/16
07/25/15

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Unfortunately, we are unable to simply raise the rewards. They need to be balanced. Higher rewards in BGs are available on higher levels. So maybe you should try them? :)

As for your another question, do you see any suggestions here: http://screencast.com/t/bs4vjUnI I don't. That's why I've asked for the details. Please re-read your Suggestions before posting them and make sure that you have included a suggestion into your post.

May I ask you how you define reward?

Because it doesn't necessary match well with the Cambridge dictionary. Just saying. Doing bigger level BG's doesn't reward you any more. At least Im very interested in how you judge/see it as a reward?

A reward should be the incentive to do something. If by doing something put you in a worse situation than before you did it. Then where did the incentive go?

At lower levels doing bg's you trade your inferior units into better units, but at a bad trade ratio. Resource vs Resource, you lose more than what you gain. That is not reward. If it is Id like you to explain how it can be?

When you reach higher levels, you can take units that take less time to build and throw them in to get units out that take longer to build, but you still lose out resource vs resource.

When I go on a raid in another mmo, I end up with gold, loot, gear and things for my time spent. My highest risk is a repair bill to my gear if the raid party wipe along the way. That rewards is the incentive for me to go raid and risk wipe and so on. I'm sad to say that for me (and apparently many others) there is no real incentive to do bg's in stormfall, because the rewards just not there for the effort you spend). 

Jun 7, 2016, 19:5606/07/16
08/03/14

my incentive to keep playing........

just havent found a new game yet.
BiohazarDModerator
Jun 9, 2016, 17:1706/09/16
10/04/13
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

I think his suggestion is to increase the bg payouts at all levels so that you are given back slightly more troops than you invested in hitting the bg.  It would make sense that if you're going to put time and effort into doing bgs, you should have something to show for it.  With the current system, if you hit enough battlegrounds you will eventually lose your entire army (any time you send troops to a battleground, you will only ever get about 90% of them back).