All Categories

Windows 10 update

Windows 10 update

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Apr 30, 2016, 12:3104/30/16
11/05/14

Windows 10 update

This is so far off topic but it's whatever, "here you can discuss whatever you want'

The past few weeks I have noticed a massive surge in the amount of people suffering from either

• The annoying "get windows 10" now pop ups
  • Just don't want windows 10 fullstop and it manages to auto update itself, or;
  • Have just reverted back from win 10 and want to make sure it doesn't come back

I made a script, it's pretty quick and nasty but I have tested it virtually on OS except 7 home prem, but it the reg keys shouldn't make a difference.

There will be that 1 guy that calls "virus" "hacker", simple solution is don't follow the link. I will be providing a screen shot of the script, so if you really wanted you could copy it but I have bug tested mine so it shouldn't error out.

I wasn't going to ever share this, it really isn't anything to be proud of but it has saved me a lot of time recently and made me a lot of money (so many people installing win 10 by mistake and pay me to revert it :)

The file is a .bat file so it will give you a windows popup saying it's malicious, ignore it, if you want change the file to .txt and open it before running it, it will be the same text as appears above ^ I can answer questions about it... If you don't want it, or think it's a malicious attempt by me to hack you just forget the script exists and move on :) You can run a .bat file the same as any .exe it will just be in a small black box (if you run it you might get an error "system path can not be found" that isn't an issue because the command is to delete that path anyway.)

http://www.filedropper.com/win10script

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 30, 2016, 14:3404/30/16

nice job, but you can uninstall this update and hide it (KB3035583)

also this are involved

Windows 7:  KB2952664

Windows 8:  KB2976978

ps. also make script to reenable :)

Apr 30, 2016, 15:1804/30/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:47(edited)
11/05/14

I'm 99% sure you can't hide it directly from CMD,

kb3035583 is the only important update, the other 2 are involved with the upgrade but don't need to be removed as they have no impact on the upgrade itself 

KB3035583 is the annoying GUI popup to "get win 10 now" - The only way I am aware you can hide updates is using vbscript, and I refuse to go near that lol.

If you really wanted them removed, just add this

timeout 20

wusa /uninstall kb----

timeout 20

wusa /uninstall kb----

I put this here because I know that the store I'm working out of currently is getting hammered with "windows 10 automatically upgraded me from 7/8... Fix it" I'm not really in the business of selling the stuff I write, but I figured this was simple and easy to use and could help a lot of people. There is a program called WuInstall which is a patch management program.

Reinstall can be done but I'm tired so heres a simple command to run from CMD to bring up the gui

%windir%\system32\wuapp.exe startmenu

Don't quote me on it as I'm half asleep, but I'm pretty sure you can't force single updates from cmd.

You can use the .msu, but you have to have it downloaded previously

You could download the file via batch and then use wusa update .msu but it would be easier just to go back in and re-enable the updates as the script doesn't hide them

May 1, 2016, 05:4605/01/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:57(edited)
11/05/14

uninstalling KB3035583 should get the job done. but it's microsoft and there's no 100% guarantee to work, with them

your batch file works as well, however i got a warning from my antivirus when accessing the download link.

May 1, 2016, 06:0605/01/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:05(edited)
11/05/14

mrfreezzzz said:

uninstalling KB3035583 should get the job done. but it's microsoft and there's no 100% guarantee to work, with them

your batch file works as well, however i got a warning from my antivirus when accessing the download link.

I have been using this for awhile, had no problems so I would be really sad if it didn't work, as for the warning... I did mention that because it is an executable file it would prompt it. It is very common for viruses to come in .exe .bat .zip formats 

Unfortunately just deleting KB3035583 doesn't fix the problem because Microsoft has it listed under recommended, it will be automatically installed next time you run updates unless you delete + hide it (I can't hide updates from batch, would need to make a .vbs script)

I have noticed that Microsoft has started removing the reg key by default which is why I added the 'del reg' even though it looks redundant because I add it back. There is nothing I can do about the warning for being malicious though, I could save it as a .txt but then I know for a fact some people wouldn't know how to use it.

I was reading up on microsoft's site and they actually added some more stuff to the GWX update which I didn't know about, so my script is updated however I don't want to reupload it, so just run these 2 commands from command prompt (gwx = get windows 10

REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /v DisableOSUpgrade /d 1 /f

REG ADD HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Gwx /v DisableGwx /d 1 /f       

May 1, 2016, 07:0805/01/16
11/05/14

yep, they're trying hard to (en)force people to update to winx.

agreed on the .txt extension, some wouldn't know how to edit back to .bat.

as to the kb update, and for what it's worth,  i've turned off WU completely and haven't done a single update since i built this machine, probably the best, if not the only way, to not be bothered by all those "important" updates which do nothing but clutter up and slow your machine down...
May 1, 2016, 07:2105/01/16
11/05/14

mrfreezzzz said:

yep, they're trying hard to (en)force people to update to winx.

agreed on the .txt extension, some wouldn't know how to edit back to .bat.

as to the kb update, and for what it's worth,  i've turned off WU completely and haven't done a single update since i built this machine, probably the best, if not the only way, to not be bothered by all those "important" updates which do nothing but clutter up and slow your machine down...

Send me your computer, I will speed it up... And I need $$$, Plarium stole mine :P

May 1, 2016, 07:3705/01/16
11/05/14
i doubt you'd make it any faster than it already is
May 1, 2016, 07:5605/01/16
11/05/14

I always found the 'speed' of a computer to be a strange topic.

Because saying like, it boots up quickly is different to it runs GTA V flawlessly, and then that is different again from being able to process multiple things at once. Depends heavily what you are using it for.

SVChost.exe only uses minimal CPU, if windows updates are making any form of an impact on your computers performance I would recommend using defrag or sfc /scannow

From a professional point of view, it is far better that we update each PC that comes through, which means we run an updated version of the script.

May 1, 2016, 17:0805/01/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:55(edited)
11/05/14

Mehnslayer said:

I always found the 'speed' of a computer to be a strange topic.

Because saying like, it boots up quickly is different to it runs GTA V flawlessly, and then that is different again from being able to process multiple things at once. Depends heavily what you are using it for.

agreed on all accounts. total boot time is a good indicator of a machine health though. as to running gta flawlessly, that's more a matter of gpu than cpu.

SVChost.exe only uses minimal CPU, if windows updates are making any form of an impact on your computers performance I would recommend using defrag or sfc /scannow

windows updates mess up machines performances because there's always a few bugged ones or worse, that will simply cause a bsod. 

May 2, 2016, 02:5105/02/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:02(edited)
11/05/14

Open world games typically strain the CPU a lot harder then the GPU because of the amount they have to render. 

As for the bsod, I don't have like 50 million years of experience, but from I do have bsod is typically caused by RAM, if you get 0x0000001a that is a RAM bsod, seems to be the most common by far
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.