DoomieKT BGs IDEA!!!

DoomieKT BGs IDEA!!!

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Apr 27, 2016, 18:4704/27/16
05/30/14

DoomieKT BGs IDEA!!!

Hi All,

I believe many in this game see the Battlegrounds as very difficult and complex to maximise BGs payouts.

I would like the Plarium Game Developers to use a graphical bar system that would fill as you complete BGs. The system at the moment works on troops (gold and Iron) paid into the system with a tax on the top. 

A simple graphical bar system would suffice and as you reach the top of the bar then a payout is imminent.

I would like others to discuss and improve for others the way in which to encourage BGs 

Keep on Gaming

DoomieKT

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 27, 2016, 19:4704/27/16
07/02/15

I like the idea. 

the only problem i see is that you get small payouts each bg and larger ones sometimes. would the bar show if a decent payout is coming up or just for the biggest payout?

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Apr 28, 2016, 07:5304/28/16
09/17/15
Unfortunately, it won't be done :(
Apr 28, 2016, 08:2004/28/16
07/25/15

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Unfortunately, it won't be done :(

Any particular reason why it can't be done? It should be a number in the database tied to our player id right ? Most players like the idea of a progress bar towards achievement/completion, rather than the complete unknown/randomness. There is those that use spreadsheets and quite hardcore about do bg's and got a pritty good idea where they at in the landscape but that is not really the norm.

Some things I really hate about certain responses is like the above. Because it doesn't really give an explenation why it can't be done. 

A better answer would sometimes be "it can't be done due to technical aspects of the game", or "it can't be done becuase its something we don't believe will be good for the game, or whatever".

Apr 28, 2016, 10:0904/28/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:45(edited)
11/05/14
@Gadheras, the game wouldn't be hardcore and a strategic masterpiece anymore :(
Apr 28, 2016, 10:4404/28/16
06/22/14
Mehnslayer said:

Sarcasm? :)
Apr 28, 2016, 10:5204/28/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:45(edited)
11/05/14
Drogar61 said:

Mehnslayer said:

Me? No... Never >.>
Apr 28, 2016, 11:2404/28/16
Apr 29, 2016, 08:54(edited)
07/25/15

Mehnslayer said:

There is nothing hardcore with ANY game where you can buy yourself to victory/fortune etc. And if the most vital strategic choice is between how much you ponder about spending I think I pass on that one too. 

May 1, 2016, 04:3205/01/16
01/12/15

Mehnslayer said:

Drogar61 said:

Mehnslayer said:

Me? No... Never >.>

Yes, of course.

@DoomieKT : This idea has been suggested long time ago and the answer is always the same. And I believe the one who suggested it has quit the game altogether. Maybe. A good idea though nonetheless.
May 2, 2016, 01:2305/02/16
07/25/15

djmoody said:

As it happens your idea is impossible to implement.

The loading you need to do depends on the BG you are trying to get a payout from. As the game would have no idea what BG you might choose to hit next it couldn't display your progress bar.

Back on the theoretical side - not a big fan of dumbing down.

Actually no. Because the game keep track of how much resources you banked. If you know how much resources spent, and know aprox how much needed for next payout. It shouldnt be impossible to implement. 

as for dumbed down, this game been dumbed downHILL with all the drive to spend sapphires.
May 26, 2016, 22:0805/26/16

djmoody said:

The loading you need to do depends on the BG you are trying to get a payout from. As the game would have no idea what BG you might choose to hit next it couldn't display your progress bar.

well if they would make it :)  it should be like a bank reading 

so the battlegrounds where u have reached the bank for payout

should lit up green something they could do  easy 

since they have each of ours banks registrated already

miraculix

May 30, 2016, 12:1605/30/16
06/22/14
djmoody said:

Gadheras said:

djmoody said:

Actually no. Because the game keep track of how much resources you banked. If you know how much resources spent, and know aprox how much needed for next payout. It shouldnt be impossible to implement. 

as for dumbed down, this game been dumbed downHILL with all the drive to spend sapphires.

No seriously I was correct first time.

Which BG are you going for a payout on? How would the game know that? Since they all have different payout values how could it show progress towards an impossible to define goal (other than in your head).
If system knows how to calculate payout on finished task then it knows how to calculate all tasks every time when you open Eagle's Nest, and could put that numbers on Task image. Very simple, but Plarium will not do that because of its own reasons.
May 30, 2016, 15:3505/30/16
08/12/14
Drogar61 said:

djmoody said:

Gadheras said:

djmoody said:

No seriously I was correct first time.

Which BG are you going for a payout on? How would the game know that? Since they all have different payout values how could it show progress towards an impossible to define goal (other than in your head).
If system knows how to calculate payout on finished task then it knows how to calculate all tasks every time when you open Eagle's Nest, and could put that numbers on Task image. Very simple, but Plarium will not do that because of its own reasons.
DJ, actually I agree with Drogar, it should definitely be possible. It would be something along the lines of using the loaded amount of resources as a variable and then comparing it to the required amount for each bg. You could then write code that could give you a "% filled" for each bg and display it.
May 31, 2016, 16:5105/31/16

If the system would calculate Eagle’s Nest tasks in advance we would loose game’s charm. Players would play safe looking for profitable tasks, only. I think we should keep the risk and uncertainty in game by completing the tasks as they are right now. 

Jun 1, 2016, 12:2206/01/16
06/22/14

Nemanja said:

If the system would calculate Eagle’s Nest tasks in advance we would loose game’s charm. Players would play safe looking for profitable tasks, only. I think we should keep the risk and uncertainty in game by completing the tasks as they are right now. 

One day you will hate your own words 

To be clear I didn't say do I want or not to see such inf, I just said that it is possible. With such inf I could loose advantage because there are many people who have knowledge how BG works, so there is no charm for us. But with inf on screen we could see does Plarium know how many troops we have (or better, should have) in BG (I'm not 100% sure), and for sure it would be a much more strategic in strategic game than this lottery. 

But, in two things I'm absolutely sure - BG task isn't profitable task, no matter of condition. and Plarium will not give us such inf, just because of own love for real money.

Jun 2, 2016, 08:0906/02/16
Jun 2, 2016, 08:10(edited)
09/17/15

Guys, as I already said before, we are unable to disclose such information. It is basic part of our game mechanics, and it can't be shared with the third-parties. 

We want our players to discover this feature on their own, make some calculations, etc. 
Jun 3, 2016, 09:0306/03/16
10/07/14

there is a better way to win  just don't do battlegrounds at all just build your troops yes it takes longer but you don't lose anything ????

I do that now  its  better than loseing loads in a bg to get very little back

but then its every ones choice how thay play the game
Jun 20, 2016, 09:1106/20/16
Jun 20, 2016, 09:13(edited)

djmoody said:

it would be doable, and has been suggested before. The markers on the bankbar would correspond to bg level from 1- 125 or 140 ( or whatever the current max bg level is) rather than resources contributed. when the bank bar reaches the marker for a particular level, you can expect a big payout.

Jun 21, 2016, 09:2406/21/16
09/17/15
Camulos said:

it would be doable, and has been suggested before. The markers on the bankbar would correspond to bg level from 1- 125 or 140 ( or whatever the current max bg level is) rather than resources contributed. when the bank bar reaches the marker for a particular level, you can expect a big payout.

Hi, Camulos. Unfortunately, we will not implement this idea as this game aspect should be discovered by players. You can try different strategies and find out which one works better. All numbers are strictly classified and cannot be disclosed.
Jun 22, 2016, 06:3306/22/16

hi all, 

is there a way to know how much i have in bank currently? 

i use the excel calculator but cant decide whether i am making too much deposit or too much drawing

Jun 22, 2016, 12:2906/22/16
09/17/15

onlineplayer01 said:

hi all, 

is there a way to know how much i have in bank currently? 

i use the excel calculator but cant decide whether i am making too much deposit or too much drawing

Hi, onlineplayer01.

Unfortunately, this information is not available in the game, and we are unable to give it to you, because it's only for internal use and strictly classified.