Battlegrounds are no longer appealing to members .... FIX THIS

Battlegrounds are no longer appealing to members .... FIX THIS

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
May 6, 2016, 08:3605/06/16
09/17/15

I do play this game as all other games of Plarium. 

But your suggestion seems like "Give us everything for nothing". You have a great Hero feature which allows you to make your Units stronger. Of course there will be some fair limits. 

You can't get all Moon Coins in a single click. If you want them, you need to wait. If you need some space, discard the Chests before opening them. I understand that you open them hoping to get a more valuable Item than you have now, but if so, then you will need to wait to sell it if it's not worth of equipping it.

I did pass the suggestion to make a selling queue, to allow selling more than one Item, but there's still no guarantee that they will be accepted by our developers. 

But the wait time won't be removed anyway. It's the basic feature, and it's your choice. You already have 18 free slots. If you need more, you can buy them with Sapphires. And it's also fair. If you don't want to spend your Sapphires, you will still have 18 slots. That's quite many, don't you think? The rest is up to you - you can build your strategy around available slots, or you can buy some more. 

May 6, 2016, 11:0805/06/16
07/25/15

I never said give anything for nothing. But from there to be reasonable, there is a long way. So let me ask you this question, you say you play all the Plarium games, how much do you spend on these games monthly on average then ?

The problem isn't one thing cost, its like every thing cost, and more get added that cost. You are stacking cost on top of cost.

Example the hero's "inventory" space. You have to pay something ridicilous to unlock ONE extra slot. Take any other f2p mmo like Neverwinter I used to play. I spent money ONCE to buy a bigger bag (iventory), and I think that gave me extra 50 slots. You should think that have to spend on keys and even chests, would be enough if not had to spend on space to store the chests in too. 

Dear Plarium, your games isn't tripple A blockbuster tittles. The push for spending doesn't match your product. To get involved in this game is kind of like go into voulnetary extortion if you want to progress any.

The core of the game have a good concept that is easy to like, but you get a sour taste after a while because of the ridicilous drive to spend all the time. Take a game such as "Arche Age", which is somewhat mix of pay to play and pay to progress, and yet it cost far less than Stormfall in the long run. 

May 25, 2016, 01:2705/25/16

It's the "lose more gain less, spend a 100 bucks on "special offers" scheme they have implemented as if people can throw away cash on sosmething they claim is free after losing 8 times more untis than yo9u gain, anjd lose almost a full army from a raid from a neighbour. 

Just lost as follows in a lvl 16 battleground personal quest:

4 warlocks

1 Necromancer

1 Great Lord

1 Eldrich Knight

8 Imperial Knights

1 Knight

22 Pikemen

2 Imperial Paladines

17 paladines

The "Spoils" were 

6 "Great Lords" and

2 Archers pluss the "incredible reward" of those "invaluable" 

10 pikemen. 

And they advdertise the game as "free"...Until they pop up with all those ads where they offer those "essential necessaries" to even advance an ounce. I had used the "20%" offensive boost and upgraded the "Hero" gear. I stil lose MORE and gain LESS now than only a week ago. 

So I wonder what makes them think it's attractive to play their game while they have us fight each other, having to kill off 150 units (not that every unit counts for points) to "win" the "major reward" of 5 zapphires and 5 units.

Or in other words, a giant scam. A type of online Hunger Games where the risk is the cash you lose by "investing" in units and boosts.

May 26, 2016, 09:3905/26/16
Jezebel said:

I received this message this morning, we have many high level battle ground players in our league, the changes to battle grounds is driving them to quit the game, what are you going to do to fix this and stop losing players that have been in this game for a long time and are now opting to play other games and leave this one all together? 

[11:10] name removed for privacy : JEZ:

One of the key game features that I liked was battlegrounds...I was close to level 99/100 quests but now that the attacks are so unrewarding, I find the game less interesting... the new Dragon Stone is the pits... you need to buy script since you can't win it in the battlegrounds and it's S-O-O-O SLOW

Convince me to stay since it's pretty boring now... i don't use the game as my social interaction network... i have about 500 real e-mails a day and I have other game sites going in the background (lately they are in the foreground).  

I still have full-time job.

May 26, 2016, 09:4905/26/16

Off course it is rigged. That's how these scammers operate!

The reward system is ridiculous. 

It's as if the count on that we do nothing but play this game, chasing the dragon while losing 3-5 times the "rewards" you get from theb BGs. Now you have to kill hundreds of units (and losing hundreds of units) to gain peanuts.

Only a few weeks go, you'd get something from lvl 1-3 BGs. Now, you see loss on your side (even AFTER upgrading gear) and no gain. 

I once lost 5 times as many units as I gained on a LOW LEVEL Battle Ground 

That's one of their "improvements". Lot's of BGs to lose your temper and units on while they laugh all the way to the bank. 

And the revival system? Looks like a lottery to me, 

So how do we get them to change their bad habbits?

By boycotting their game, and publicly denounce their tactics on social media where they CAN read the negative feedbacks and exposures. But that's just my two cents. 

May 26, 2016, 09:5005/26/16
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

IronApex Turok said:

now inventory gets full and theres no point in doing BGs because you cant hold any more items. 

How do you think, what could help in such situation?

May 26, 2016, 12:1505/26/16
03/09/16

Why have battlegrounds that we have to do that don't have any rewards? That makes no sense to me from an enjoyment standpoint.

Also, please have an instant "sell" or "discard" from the temporary holding part of the hero's storage. Don't you realize that once my temporary and permanent storage is full I can't do more BGs, and then I go away from the game while waiting for my stuff to sell. ZZZzzzzzzz. The permanent storage should be for things we really want to keep. To not allow us to sell from temporary also makes no sense from a game enjoyment standpoint. A lot of games give you more space and rewards commesurate with your level as your level rises, they don't make you pay for EVERYTHING! You fill up our storage with stuff below our level, and then we couldn't purchase good gear if we wanted to!

This game, while having lots of potential as a free-to-play, has such a limited amount of things to do, unless you just want to perpetually siege other castles, that I find myself losing interest and going to play other non-Plarium games. Not the outcome you want, I suspect. We free-to-play(ers) are the reason your spenders spend so much, and without us, they wouldn't spend as much.

Just food for thought...

May 30, 2016, 08:5105/30/16
07/25/15

@DJMOODY, well diversity at hobbies is good too.Plarium is just a tiny part of games I got vested time into.

From a gamers point of view. Its sad that Plarium take something initial great and make it into something awfull. So much potentional I feel get wasted. One thing that appeal to a lot of players is a sense of fair play, that is totaly lacking here. Such a shame.
May 31, 2016, 11:3405/31/16
09/17/15
Gadheras said:

@DJMOODY, well diversity at hobbies is good too.Plarium is just a tiny part of games I got vested time into.

From a gamers point of view. Its sad that Plarium take something initial great and make it into something awfull. So much potentional I feel get wasted. One thing that appeal to a lot of players is a sense of fair play, that is totaly lacking here. Such a shame.
So sorry to hear such feedback. I hope our future updates will change your mind 
May 31, 2016, 12:1505/31/16
07/25/15

Gadheras said:

I don't mind games where you can spend money to buy yourself short cuts in term of saving time (xp boosters, resources, faster build/research time and so on), because players with more time, will just wait and grind and spend more time in the game, where those with less time usually spend money to make up for little time. Or where stuff you can buy is fluff you can dress your avatar with or silly mounts, weapon skins and so on, things that is bling and fluff, but have no impact on the game play itself.  

Problem rise when someone can open wallet, and raise an army. And when that army dies, they can spend more money and raise it again and again and again. There is even a thread on the forum here, where some dudes ask Plarium to praise some big time spender. The whole buy yourself to victory/success totaly wreck fair play. Also legendary and epic units feel so common, because there is so much of it. Truly epic and legendary should been in short supply and make other players worried about someone have them. Conflict drivers...

And don't get me started on Dragons, lol. In a game such as Skyrim, dragons was awesome, in Stormfall they kind of like another kitten in the litter of 12 -)

Anyways.... just my opinion (again)

May 31, 2016, 13:2205/31/16
May 31, 2016, 13:23(edited)

Gadheras said:

of this step can only get worse, practically is a private game and every money you spend is not invested something in return but thrown

if you add other crap hero etc. only worsen the situation but there is who study the situation, grats for good job

all in favor of double castles and troops disposable.... "long term strategy game" 

Jun 1, 2016, 11:3406/01/16
09/17/15
Thank you for your fair feedback. I appreciate it. Maybe you have some ideas which could help us improve the game? I'm ready to listen to you in the Suggestions thread