All Categories

Battlegrounds are no longer appealing to members .... FIX THIS

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Apr 20, 2016, 16:3004/20/16
12/18/14

I received this message this morning, we have many high level battle ground players in our league, the changes to battle grounds is driving them to quit the game, what are you going to do to fix this and stop losing players that have been in this game for a long time and are now opting to play other games and leave this one all together? 

[11:10] name removed for privacy : JEZ:

One of the key game features that I liked was battlegrounds...I was close to level 99/100 quests but now that the attacks are so unrewarding, I find the game less interesting... the new Dragon Stone is the pits... you need to buy script since you can't win it in the battlegrounds and it's S-O-O-O SLOW

Convince me to stay since it's pretty boring now... i don't use the game as my social interaction network... i have about 500 real e-mails a day and I have other game sites going in the background (lately they are in the foreground).  

I still have full-time job.

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 21, 2016, 06:1304/21/16
I am sure that BG's will be much better if the Infirmary let you revive BG lost troops for free too...
Apr 21, 2016, 06:2404/21/16
07/25/15

fpventer said:

I am sure that BG's will be much better if the Infirmary let you revive BG lost troops for free too...

lulz, as if....

BG's would be worth doing if you actually gained from do them. 
Apr 21, 2016, 08:5404/21/16
08/03/14

they just introduced the hero. another sapphire sucking cyber sale.  you can get points from the BGs to get items for your hero.  I imagine eventually that will evolve to a sapphire only thing. 

but plarium has single handedly saved the game, and made BGs a valuable part of the game again!  im so glad we have a new place to spend sapphires.

^^^^^^^ sarcasm
Apr 21, 2016, 16:4804/21/16
Apr 27, 2019, 12:04(edited)

With every new update comes a new way to spend REAL money on UNREAL sapphires.

Plarium needs to stop thinking of ways for us to spend money and just sort out the game platform itself.
Apr 21, 2016, 19:2904/21/16
01/31/15

IronApex Turok said:

they just introduced the hero. another sapphire sucking cyber sale.  you can get points from the BGs to get items for your hero.  I imagine eventually that will evolve to a sapphire only thing. 

but plarium has single handedly saved the game, and made BGs a valuable part of the game again!  im so glad we have a new place to spend sapphires.

^^^^^^^ sarcasm

Dear Lord IronApex Turok,

I doubt there's anything planned for changing the way of obtaining those items through BG's into Sapphire-wise ways.

I think you're seeing it from the wrong perspective; Enjoy the benefits of those items being obtainable freely instead of complaining about how Plarium might make it cost something. 

SilverfoxGIB said:

With every new update comes a new way to spend REAL money on UNREAL sapphires.
Plarium needs to stop thinking of ways for us to spend money and just sort out the game platform itself.

Dear Lord SilverfoxGIB,

It's not like you have to spend money, in the contrary; purchasing Sapphires is completely optional! Sapphires are obtained in many ways, don't forget about that, m'lord. The only difference is the time spent on obtaining Sapphires. Purchasing is more efficient, whilst obtaining them freely takes a while.

Good luck!

> SlopranoDark

Apr 21, 2016, 19:5004/21/16
07/25/15

SlopranoDark said:

It's not like you have to spend money, in the contrary; purchasing Sapphires is completely optional! Sapphires are obtained in many ways, don't forget about that, m'lord. The only difference is the time spent on obtaining Sapphires. Purchasing is more efficient, whilst obtaining them freely takes a while.

Good luck!

> SlopranoDark

I don't want to be nit picking... but...  This mantra about obtaining free sapphires, it just take time..... is getting pritty old.

Look at the "FREE" Sapphires you get. Which is basicaly the ones you can get from;

- Feats

- Lost art/dragon

- Daily login (90 days, whooping 600 in all).

- Development tourny.

Then we got thing such as pvp, bg tournies, which does NOT offer any free sapphires, because the investment you put in, is worth more than what you actually get back. Those in the top that get a so called nice return. That cost them a lot to start with.

For the most "popular" deal in Stormfall, I can subscribe for 3 accounts in like EVE, and I get expansions like this for FREE, its included in the sub cost... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bjTrPutt4k

I get it Plarium is a business and want to make money, but wrecking their game and monotize every level and layer of it, is not going about it the right way. Chasing away your players and have them play other games can't be a recipe for success can it?
Apr 22, 2016, 06:1504/22/16
Apr 22, 2016, 06:19(edited)

Can we please get an option to replace BG's we DON'T  or CAN'T do? It does not make sense why the same BG's will remain there forever...

If the BG levels are to high for current troop counts, BG's becomes another unusable part of the game.

Suggestion:

1) Make a BG selectable for replacement.

2) Give an option to lower the level or raise the level of current BG

3) Replace all BG's with new BG's when BG's are given each day, except those that has already been actioned (attacked or defended)

4) Have Balur attack my castle for Def BG's, so make that BG spy-able to determine troops incoming. This will also make the Infirmary more usable which should reduce the amount of complaints that BG's are troop reducers, and make it more worthwhile.

Please look into this??

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Apr 22, 2016, 11:3304/22/16
09/17/15
fpventer said:

Can we please get an option to replace BG's we DON'T  or CAN'T do? It does not make sense why the same BG's will remain there forever...

If the BG levels are to high for current troop counts, BG's becomes another unusable part of the game.

Suggestion:

1) Make a BG selectable for replacement.

2) Give an option to lower the level or raise the level of current BG

3) Replace all BG's with new BG's when BG's are given each day, except those that has already been actioned (attacked or defended)

4) Have Balur attack my castle for Def BG's, so make that BG spy-able to determine troops incoming. This will also make the Infirmary more usable which should reduce the amount of complaints that BG's are troop reducers, and make it more worthwhile.

Please look into this??

We are currently considering the idea of improving the BG system, but I have no specific information yet. 
Apr 23, 2016, 02:3404/23/16
07/11/13
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

We are currently considering the idea of improving the BG system, but I have no specific information yet. 
If anything, returning to the old system would be better than how it is now. I am quite intrigued on how plarium wants to "improve" Bg's
Apr 23, 2016, 09:0304/23/16
08/03/14
here is a specific....it will cost us players real money.

Apr 25, 2016, 11:2304/25/16
Apr 25, 2016, 11:23(edited)
09/17/15
Skycooldude said:

If anything, returning to the old system would be better than how it is now. I am quite intrigued on how plarium wants to "improve" Bg's
I mean the changes like we made on Pirates: Tides of Fortune, where players can receive 60 Battlegrounds of different levels: starting from the lowest ones. But I don't have any information if such system will be implemented on SF.
Apr 26, 2016, 19:4704/26/16
10/20/15

This medical profession is not worthwhile.

I'm going back to school so I can design a game like this and get rich, rich, rich!

If you have a broken bone, go find a poor fool to fix it, not me anymore!

Apr 26, 2016, 19:5804/26/16
07/25/15

sneaks said:

This medical profession is not worthwhile.

I'm going back to school so I can design a game like this and get rich, rich, rich!

If you have a broken bone, go find a poor fool to fix it, not me anymore!

Yeah but you see, you want to make it last. You want to keep players play for a long time and spend money over time. With stormfall its like have your wallet being carpet bombed, and then they hope you stay around for next round :p

Apr 27, 2016, 08:3104/27/16
09/17/15
Good news, guys. We will release the mechanics of issuing BGs like in PToF soon. It means that you will have more BGs in your Eagle's Nest, you can raid more of them daily, and you will have lower level BGs which will make it easier to equip your Hero. Do you like this?
Apr 27, 2016, 09:1604/27/16
07/25/15

Good news, guys. We will release the mechanics of issuing BGs like in PToF soon. It means that you will have more BGs in your Eagle's Nest, you can raid more of them daily, and you will have lower level BGs which will make it easier to equip your Hero. Do you like this?

I think have more broad specter of bg's available will be great help for higher level players yes.

Could also possible give room for such events as like complete 10 bg's in a row, one higher level than the other, and maybe give a special prize at end idk.

Apr 27, 2016, 11:4204/27/16
06/22/14
When?
Apr 28, 2016, 02:2504/28/16

if add 1-2 pages is good at max number, absolutely not fresh low levels

take stupid items at levels 50-60 and many i've sold (waiting for hours), think in low levels :((.... need pay also for space invetory.... ENOUGH!!!!!

Apr 30, 2016, 08:3004/30/16
08/03/14

now inventory gets full and theres no point in doing BGs because you cant hold any more items. 

May 5, 2016, 08:5505/05/16
09/17/15
IronApex Turok said:

now inventory gets full and theres no point in doing BGs because you cant hold any more items. 

How do you think, what could help in such situation?
May 5, 2016, 09:1905/05/16
May 5, 2016, 09:31(edited)

served you use a little imagination .....

could create a single inventory for all in fact.... but ehi ye see make money anywhere and are not able to do one thing capable of improving the game, ye are blinded by the money

improving the game is not do always a ridiculous trap, strategic game? where what? 

pathetic plarium

advice for Alyona: have you ever tried this game? 

remove wait time for sell.... i sell for gain poor coins and wait too many.....

not add Discard, need remove wait time and pay my item