Battlegrounds are no longer appealing to members .... FIX THIS

35 Replies
Jezebel
20 April, 2016, 4:30 PM UTC
I received this message this morning, we have many high level battle ground players in our league, the changes to battle grounds is driving them to quit the game, what are you going to do to fix this and stop losing players that have been in this game for a long time and are now opting to play other games and leave this one all together? 

[11:10] name removed for privacy : JEZ:


One of the key game features that I liked was battlegrounds...I was close to level 99/100 quests but now that the attacks are so unrewarding, I find the game less interesting... the new Dragon Stone is the pits... you need to buy script since you can't win it in the battlegrounds and it's S-O-O-O SLOW


Convince me to stay since it's pretty boring now... i don't use the game as my social interaction network... i have about 500 real e-mails a day and I have other game sites going in the background (lately they are in the foreground).  

I still have full-time job.



UTC +0:00
2
fpventer
21 April, 2016, 6:13 AM UTC
I am sure that BG's will be much better if the Infirmary let you revive BG lost troops for free too...
.
UTC +2:00
1
Gadheras
21 April, 2016, 6:24 AM UTC

fpventer said:


I am sure that BG's will be much better if the Infirmary let you revive BG lost troops for free too...

lulz, as if....



BG's would be worth doing if you actually gained from do them. 
UTC +2:00
0
IronApex Turok
21 April, 2016, 8:54 AM UTC

they just introduced the hero. another sapphire sucking cyber sale.  you can get points from the BGs to get items for your hero.  I imagine eventually that will evolve to a sapphire only thing. 



but plarium has single handedly saved the game, and made BGs a valuable part of the game again!  im so glad we have a new place to spend sapphires.




^^^^^^^ sarcasm
UTC +0:00
2
SilverfoxGIB
21 April, 2016, 4:48 PM UTC

With every new update comes a new way to spend REAL money on UNREAL sapphires.


Plarium needs to stop thinking of ways for us to spend money and just sort out the game platform itself.
UTC +0:00
2
Ichezis
21 April, 2016, 7:29 PM UTC

IronApex Turok said:


they just introduced the hero. another sapphire sucking cyber sale.  you can get points from the BGs to get items for your hero.  I imagine eventually that will evolve to a sapphire only thing. 



but plarium has single handedly saved the game, and made BGs a valuable part of the game again!  im so glad we have a new place to spend sapphires.




^^^^^^^ sarcasm

Dear Lord IronApex Turok,

I doubt there's anything planned for changing the way of obtaining those items through BG's into Sapphire-wise ways.

I think you're seeing it from the wrong perspective; Enjoy the benefits of those items being obtainable freely instead of complaining about how Plarium might make it cost something. 

SilverfoxGIB said:

With every new update comes a new way to spend REAL money on UNREAL sapphires.
Plarium needs to stop thinking of ways for us to spend money and just sort out the game platform itself.

Dear Lord SilverfoxGIB,

It's not like you have to spend money, in the contrary; purchasing Sapphires is completely optional! Sapphires are obtained in many ways, don't forget about that, m'lord. The only difference is the time spent on obtaining Sapphires. Purchasing is more efficient, whilst obtaining them freely takes a while.


Good luck!

> SlopranoDark

Plarium Global Moderator; "We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone."
UTC +2:00
0
Gadheras
21 April, 2016, 7:50 PM UTC

SlopranoDark said:




It's not like you have to spend money, in the contrary; purchasing Sapphires is completely optional! Sapphires are obtained in many ways, don't forget about that, m'lord. The only difference is the time spent on obtaining Sapphires. Purchasing is more efficient, whilst obtaining them freely takes a while.


Good luck!

> SlopranoDark




I don't want to be nit picking... but...  This mantra about obtaining free sapphires, it just take time..... is getting pritty old.

Look at the "FREE" Sapphires you get. Which is basicaly the ones you can get from;


- Feats

- Lost art/dragon

- Daily login (90 days, whooping 600 in all).

- Development tourny.


Then we got thing such as pvp, bg tournies, which does NOT offer any free sapphires, because the investment you put in, is worth more than what you actually get back. Those in the top that get a so called nice return. That cost them a lot to start with.


For the most "popular" deal in Stormfall, I can subscribe for 3 accounts in like EVE, and I get expansions like this for FREE, its included in the sub cost... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bjTrPutt4k


I get it Plarium is a business and want to make money, but wrecking their game and monotize every level and layer of it, is not going about it the right way. Chasing away your players and have them play other games can't be a recipe for success can it?
UTC +2:00
1
roadstar Pitbull
22 April, 2016, 1:45 AM UTC

SlopranoDark said:


IronApex Turok said:


they just introduced the hero. another sapphire sucking cyber sale.  you can get points from the BGs to get items for your hero.  I imagine eventually that will evolve to a sapphire only thing. 



but plarium has single handedly saved the game, and made BGs a valuable part of the game again!  im so glad we have a new place to spend sapphires.




^^^^^^^ sarcasm

Dear Lord IronApex Turok,

I doubt there's anything planned for changing the way of obtaining those items through BG's into Sapphire-wise ways.

I think you're seeing it from the wrong perspective; Enjoy the benefits of those items being obtainable freely instead of complaining about how Plarium might make it cost something. 

SilverfoxGIB said:

With every new update comes a new way to spend REAL money on UNREAL sapphires.
Plarium needs to stop thinking of ways for us to spend money and just sort out the game platform itself.

Dear Lord SilverfoxGIB,


It's not like you have to spend money, in the contrary; purchasing Sapphires is completely optional! Sapphires are obtained in many ways, don't forget about that, m'lord. The only difference is the time spent on obtaining Sapphires. Purchasing is more efficient, whilst obtaining them freely takes a while.


Good luck!

> SlopranoDark


The point trying to be made, is simple....

We complained about the BG's,, plarium changed it.... to what they wanted, nothing to do with suggestions or any benefit to the player perspective. Oh and by the way,,,you do not have to, but the use of sapphires is encouraged...to avoid months of seemingly endless upgrades of equipment....all for nothing I can recall anyone seriously asking for(heroes).

The only thing this thread is missing is the obligatory ,,"new strategic updates will be coming",, which is becoming propaganda for " break open the credit cards"


UTC +0:00
1
fpventer
22 April, 2016, 6:15 AM UTC

Can we please get an option to replace BG's we DON'T  or CAN'T do? It does not make sense why the same BG's will remain there forever...

If the BG levels are to high for current troop counts, BG's becomes another unusable part of the game.

Suggestion:

1) Make a BG selectable for replacement.

2) Give an option to lower the level or raise the level of current BG

3) Replace all BG's with new BG's when BG's are given each day, except those that has already been actioned (attacked or defended)

4) Have Balur attack my castle for Def BG's, so make that BG spy-able to determine troops incoming. This will also make the Infirmary more usable which should reduce the amount of complaints that BG's are troop reducers, and make it more worthwhile.


Please look into this??

.
UTC +2:00
2
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
22 April, 2016, 11:33 AM UTC
fpventer said:

Can we please get an option to replace BG's we DON'T  or CAN'T do? It does not make sense why the same BG's will remain there forever...

If the BG levels are to high for current troop counts, BG's becomes another unusable part of the game.

Suggestion:

1) Make a BG selectable for replacement.

2) Give an option to lower the level or raise the level of current BG

3) Replace all BG's with new BG's when BG's are given each day, except those that has already been actioned (attacked or defended)

4) Have Balur attack my castle for Def BG's, so make that BG spy-able to determine troops incoming. This will also make the Infirmary more usable which should reduce the amount of complaints that BG's are troop reducers, and make it more worthwhile.


Please look into this??

We are currently considering the idea of improving the BG system, but I have no specific information yet. 
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
0
Skycooldude
23 April, 2016, 2:34 AM UTC
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


We are currently considering the idea of improving the BG system, but I have no specific information yet. 
If anything, returning to the old system would be better than how it is now. I am quite intrigued on how plarium wants to "improve" Bg's
UTC +0:00
0
IronApex Turok
23 April, 2016, 9:03 AM UTC
here is a specific....it will cost us players real money.




Alyona Kolomiitseva said:





We are currently considering the idea of improving the BG system, but I have no specific information yet. 

UTC +0:00
0
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
25 April, 2016, 11:23 AM UTC
Skycooldude said:

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


We are currently considering the idea of improving the BG system, but I have no specific information yet. 
If anything, returning to the old system would be better than how it is now. I am quite intrigued on how plarium wants to "improve" Bg's
I mean the changes like we made on Pirates: Tides of Fortune, where players can receive 60 Battlegrounds of different levels: starting from the lowest ones. But I don't have any information if such system will be implemented on SF.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
0
sneaks
26 April, 2016, 7:47 PM UTC

This medical profession is not worthwhile.

I'm going back to school so I can design a game like this and get rich, rich, rich!

If you have a broken bone, go find a poor fool to fix it, not me anymore!

UTC +6:00
1
Gadheras
26 April, 2016, 7:58 PM UTC

sneaks said:


This medical profession is not worthwhile.

I'm going back to school so I can design a game like this and get rich, rich, rich!

If you have a broken bone, go find a poor fool to fix it, not me anymore!


Yeah but you see, you want to make it last. You want to keep players play for a long time and spend money over time. With stormfall its like have your wallet being carpet bombed, and then they hope you stay around for next round :p


 
UTC +2:00
0
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
27 April, 2016, 8:31 AM UTC
Good news, guys. We will release the mechanics of issuing BGs like in PToF soon. It means that you will have more BGs in your Eagle's Nest, you can raid more of them daily, and you will have lower level BGs which will make it easier to equip your Hero. Do you like this?
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
0
Gadheras
27 April, 2016, 9:16 AM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


Good news, guys. We will release the mechanics of issuing BGs like in PToF soon. It means that you will have more BGs in your Eagle's Nest, you can raid more of them daily, and you will have lower level BGs which will make it easier to equip your Hero. Do you like this?


I think have more broad specter of bg's available will be great help for higher level players yes.


Could also possible give room for such events as like complete 10 bg's in a row, one higher level than the other, and maybe give a special prize at end idk.



UTC +2:00
0
Drogar61
27 April, 2016, 11:42 AM UTC
When?
UTC +0:00
0
roadstar Pitbull
28 April, 2016, 12:25 AM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


Good news, guys. We will release the mechanics of issuing BGs like in PToF soon. It means that you will have more BGs in your Eagle's Nest, you can raid more of them daily, and you will have lower level BGs which will make it easier to equip your Hero. Do you like this?
Do not even like the sound of this,, what I'm really hearing is this...
More BG's, More troops,, more worthless items to equip = = = more opportunities for you the player to BUY more troops
UTC +0:00
0
jumy
28 April, 2016, 2:25 AM UTC

if add 1-2 pages is good at max number, absolutely not fresh low levels


take stupid items at levels 50-60 and many i've sold (waiting for hours), think in low levels :((.... need pay also for space invetory.... ENOUGH!!!!!

The truth hurts
UTC +12:00
0
1782443 users registered; 48530 topics; 287844 posts; our newest member:Castle 1357566