All Categories

Major Security And Data Protection Concerns Denied By Plarium

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Apr 12, 2016, 13:4304/12/16
12/03/15

During all the St Patricks day tourneys when this server was crashing for everyone because of the greed of PLarium overloading with money grabbing tourneys and special offers my account had 18 million of offence stolen from it, I have been in a constant battle with plarium ever since and have been spoken down to on several occasions in a disturbing condescending manner. The security of this site raises many questions for me and here are the facts. I reported the missing troops to Plarium after 18 million offence was sent to defend a league members castle whilst I was logged out. when I logged back in I quickly recalled and thought I had made a very unlikely mistake anyway upon returning to the game a few hours later I had over 400 legendries put into my account along with saphires and boosts which were not mine and infact a mistake on the part of Plarium. all items were then removed which although not mine I found to be disturbing that these mistakes were being made so I made a complaint and still have no answers,my offence was missing and I checked my account activity and found some one had gained access to my account an alarmingly high number of times in a few days so I noted the ip address and started my complaint to Plarium I included as much detail as possible and also added all details about the Trojan my security system quarantined whilst using this server, my first reply was to inform me that it was my email providers fault and that my email account had been accessed by a second party, I swiftly informed them that I have two stage verification on my email account and this was highly unlikely as I had not received any reports and my account had not been accessed any where in the world , I was then accused of giving my personal details to a complete stranger to allow them to access my account and sabotage it ,yeah right plarium your really scraping the bottom of the barrel with that one,i was also informed that the web browser had been the place I had picked up the Trojan even though I have full details of the Trojan being blocked from this site, I was never believed from the outset and have been made out to be a liar and have had my morals attacked and handled with not so much as an ounce of humility. plarium have now concluded that I have hacked my own account and just given my password out to any tom dick or harry regardless of the thousands of pounds I have spent on this game.Obviously I have told my friends and family members to change their passwords and upgrade security as there are severe threats on this server.My son requested a change of password and followed the link from the email received from plarium and changed his password. when my son entered his new login details he was astounded to find he had gained access to somebody else's account. he immediately logged out and tried once more and again it was not his account but had full access to do as he pleased with another persons property had he wished to.The true owner of the account was informed and said yes I have been logged out for some reason,upon checking their profile they found that their email address had been replaced by the one my son uses for his account.both parties have now made a complaint to plarium and plarium now insit my son logs into this other persons account and take pictures to prove it as this is not possible and pointed out that my son must have given his details to this other party.the case is ongoing but Plarium will take no responsibility what so ever for anything and quite clearly have no respect for personal details stored on their system.I bring this to the attention of the forum because I want other players to know that there are serious data protection and security breaches on this server

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 12, 2016, 14:1504/12/16
07/25/15

Holly paragraph batman. But yeah, disturbing.

I would question the sanity of someone spending several thousand pounds on this game though :/

Apr 12, 2016, 18:1004/12/16
07/11/13
just a suggestion, but splitting the post into multiple paragraphs will help greatly. There are some people who may not read the post after seeing the one big paragraph. Just a thought.
Apr 12, 2016, 18:5104/12/16
12/03/15
Thank you for the advice
Apr 12, 2016, 19:3804/12/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:41(edited)
11/05/14
agreed with all above: very interesting indeed, but hard to read.
Apr 12, 2016, 23:4304/12/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:58(edited)
11/05/14

Either take it to consumer affairs or drop it because Plarium accepts no responsibility for literally anything even if they get hacked...Plarium is very much like a religion... 1 higher up sets the rules and everyone just picks and chooses what they want to actually enforce.

Also #AnotherThreadDown

Apr 13, 2016, 00:0504/13/16
07/25/15

Sounds an awfull lot like brush things under the carpet...
Apr 13, 2016, 05:3204/13/16
12/03/15
well it sounds like im fighting a losing battle,plarium are no better than clampers and traffic wardens
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Apr 13, 2016, 07:3804/13/16
09/17/15

Such issues should be discussed solely with our Support Team. 

If you still have any issues, please contact them. 
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.