All Categories

Hamlet optional quests

Hamlet optional quests

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Mar 29, 2016, 23:1903/29/16
08/31/15

Hamlet optional quests

Why do hamlets and the optional quests give disproportionate reward to attackers?  Seriously, take a look.  To get rewards for occupying a hamlet requires 1-2 hours or more (depending on the quest) and we get WORSE rewards than the people who attack get for 15 minutes of effort.  To add to the injustice, those attacker's troops are auto recalled and automatically go to cata.  

We really need the rewards to be in line with the risk.  There is a LOT more risk in exposing troops for 1-2 hours with NO defense bonus at all than there is in sending millions of offense to harass people just trying to get resources.  Heck, attackers can even spy first, so they don't have to attack blind.  They have almost no risk other than the chance of players taking umbrage at too many harassing their holdings and attacking player castle...even then, attacker's stuff is auto cata'ed on return, no risk of being caught in the open.  

What I suggest is because attackers have so little risk, they should get no rewards at all beyond what is earned in tournaments.  Leave defender's rewards the same or increase them, since we take the bulk of the risk.  Even before the optional hamlet quests were added, people hit hamlets hard for PvP and experience tournaments.  

If for some reason the devs don't want to do that, then how about extending castle def bonus to ALL our holdings?  That should appeal to the devs since it still rewards $ players more than normal players, while offering some help to all who hold hamlets (and settlements).  It would increase the risk for attackers since they don't know the def bonus players have and could end up losing an unexpectedly high amount of off for the def they kill. That should also appeal to the devs since they want us to kill each other's troops since that is such a big profit point for them.
Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 30, 2016, 02:2803/30/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:55(edited)
11/05/14
I got collect 6k gold for 2 necros, too sit on a hamlet for 3 hours would require the loss of more then 2k offense
Mar 30, 2016, 07:5203/30/16
08/31/15

Attackers don't have to hit blind.  Its true that a defender can change things after hamlet is spied, assuming they are paying attention and see battle report in time.  With boosts, attacker can cause an attack to hit almost immediately after spy report (if you get a fish that gives you lots of points and you don't want to risk it escaping).

It is also true that defenders can get mad about the same attackers harassing their holdings over and over and can set traps, especially when said attackers are very predictable.  I've trapped a couple who always hit with 100 dragons during the same time frame.  The fact that not all attackers are smart and that they can lose a lot of offense if they attack something bigger than they thought it was does not change the fact that the risk is much higher for defenders than for attackers.  

Defenders troops are exposed the whole time, open for anyone to attack, and I've seen some massive offense thrown at hamlets (one lvl 64 hit my hamlet with 18k dragons and 300 great western dragons...I'm assuming he is a coiner).  The attackers troops are safe in cata until the attacker chooses to send them.  After the attack, the troops are automatically recalled and tucked safely in cata.  The attacker chooses whose stuff to attack, chooses whether to spy first or not.  If the attacker makes a poor choice and takes a big loss, it was still their CHOICE.  I'm not saying defenders have no choice and no control.  Defenders can see patterns and find the best times to harvest, who we can trap for points, etc.  It is simply that we have less control and less choice than attackers do, making for a much bigger risk.

Mar 30, 2016, 08:2003/30/16
08/31/15

Mehnslayer said:

I got collect 6k gold for 2 necros, too sit on a hamlet for 3 hours would require the loss of more then 2k offense

Most of the blind attackers I've seen hit with more than 3 million offense.  It may be different depending on your area and level bracket.  Where I am, its easy to go an hour outside of tournaments, but 2+ hour quests are unattainable unless you have a lot of def to stack the hamlet.  Seems when someone attacks and fails, they keep coming back for more, even when there is no tournament going on.  I have no clue why.  All I know is I've had the same unattainable hamlet quest up for 3 days now and would really like for it to refresh.  2+ hours trying to get 9k gold just isn't going to happen in my area without putting out some serious defense and that would set me up for some very serious losses just to win very small rewards.

Apr 3, 2016, 15:5404/03/16
12/18/14
Yes one of our members attempted to complete one of these quests and lost a lot of defense doing it, not wise to bother with them especially during PVP.  There are just too many people with huge armies that send at hamlets blind in the hopes of gaining points.  Unfortunate for our member, I suppose she won't make that mistake again. 
Apr 3, 2016, 16:1704/03/16

not perfect but are free rewards.... avoid during tournaments is mandatory