All Categories

What do you think of Stormfall now and Stormfall in the past?

What do you think of Stormfall now and Stormfall in the past?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Aug 20, 2016, 20:2908/20/16
08/31/15

SlopranoDark said:

Greetings m'lords and ladies!

Allow me to ask the question what do you think of Stormfall now and Stormfall in the past? What are changes you liked or disliked? What do you think that should change in Stormfall right now and what shouldn't have changed back in the days?

Post your opinions & feedback here and see what others think!

Maybe one update you disliked wasn't that bad after all? 

Some rules before we start:

• A friendly tone and positive feedback is important to keep it calm. Critique is fine, as long as it does not fall out of control! 
  • Do not act rude to people whom have different opinions that yours! Discuss about it, in a nice way. 
  • Build your opinion up with arguments, it's important to make a powerful statement! 
  • The official forum & game rules apply here as well, don't forget that!
  • The rules of civility might be a useful guideline for the above standing point too.

I'm looking forward onto your replies!

The game has always had a pay to win aspect to it, but it feels like the explosion of items, buffs/debuffs, etc have turned the game into a giant cash grab.

I think the dragon stone, hero, and fortress are nice additions.  However, I do not like how 2/3 of them seem to lock the better stuff behind a pay wall.  The fortress gives no bonus for your defenders.  The only real "advantage" defenders have is there is a limit on how much off can be sent to attack.  That helps leagues with enough coiners, since they can stack so much def there that even those who could downgrade it don't due to how much off it would cost.  The end result is most fortresses got rushed to one of the safe points and then sit undefended.  Heros seemed like a nice addition; do bgs, get gear for your hero and make your troops stronger.  However, the rare items almost always drop in a chest that needs a key to open.  That locks the most desirable equip items behind a pay wall...and to add insult to injury, that chest replaces the equipment item you should have gotten.  Its like a giant middle finger from the devs, not only do you have to pay to open the chest, but that chest also replaces the free item you should have gotten (at the very least meaning the theft of several moon coins).

The new items almost all are pay only.  The end result being an ever increasing amount of content locked behind a pay wall.  I have seen some show up as tournament rewards, but aside from league tournaments (where the coiner's efforts help the whole league get nicer rewards), most of those items are out of reach...or I should say, the amount of troops I'd lose to earn them far overshadows the benefit from the item.

The old Stormfall, tournaments were not so frequent.  They felt like real events.  There was actually time to get stuff built up so you could play in them and the rewards felt worthwhile.  Now, there is a never ending cycle of tournaments, most with rewards that have been massively nerfed compared to the old events.  Normal warlocks or normal demons as your reward choice instead of eldrich necros and eldrich golems.  To be honest, the never ending flood of tournaments has caused me to ignore them altogether.  When I earn rewards, its a result of my normal playing, not of making any real effort to participate.  

I also found the attempts to liven up tournaments fell flat.  The Capture the Flag was entirely dependent on being online at the right time.  It felt like a new beacon drop, except it involved hitting mostly empty fortresses instead of expanding territory.  The "heats" (special August events?) seem like just a way to encourage the tops to spend ever more money while leaving average players in the cold.  

The explosion of cash only stuff and all these packs (remember when you didn't get troops for buying sapphires?) seem to have created a new type of noob as well.  I've seen so many attacks where it looks for all the world like the guy just bought every pack available and threw it at someone.  Spies, defense, unsupported legendaries...guess that proves that wallet can't replace brains?  It probably shouldn't annoy me, but I find the constant bombardment of these offers and the idiocy of some players who obviously buy it all while understanding nothing gets on my nerves.  I guess Plarium doesn't want smart players; they prefer them rich and dumb.

Overall, while there are some nice things that have been added, I liked the gameplay in the old Stormfall better than the gameplay in the newer Stormfall.  It feels like the increasing amount of things locked behind a paywall is driving average players away from the game and is leaving behind giant networks of alts (that used to be real players) that now slave away to grant unfair advantage (such as huge out of league defense at player castle) to those who inherited the castles after the players quit.

Aug 20, 2016, 20:5608/20/16
08/31/15

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Gadheras said:

daily login for 90 days get you 250 sapphires.... If you miss a day, back to scratch... There is a reason why players have other players babysit their castles and such if they have to go away for a few days, vacation etc. You should make it so it count towards every day you login total and not consecutive. But in the grand scheme of things, 250 sapphires after 90 days is.. a drop in the ocean.

You receive 600 Sapphires in total for 90 days, not 250. Don't forget this  And yes, you need to log in daily to receive a reward. Because it's the reward for the consecutive login. If you prefer playing only a few days a week, it's your choice. But you can't receive this kind of reward then. It's fair.

Only "fair" when the server is up.  When server goes down for hours and eliminates the time players have to play, we get knocked back to zero.  The game may be 24/7, but I have this thing called a "life" that demands I do things other than Stormfall.  

Other than the fact server outages are a fairly "new" thing, this has nothing to do with the original topic.  Amazing how fast the convo got sidetracked.
Aug 20, 2016, 21:1208/20/16
08/31/15
LongJohnSilver said:

Just lost as follows in a lvl 16 battleground personal quest:

4 warlocks

1 Necromancer

1 Great Lord

1 Eldrich Knight

8 Imperial Knights

1 Knight

22 Pikemen

2 Imperial Paladines

17 paladines

The "spoils" were 

6 "Great Lords" and

2 Archers pluss the "incredible reward" of those "invaluable" 

10 pikemen. 

In other words, I lost more than 3 times the units gained. And the units "gained" was not nearly is high levels as the ones lost. 

Can someone explain to me how this is going to make people want to play these quests on those terms?

And can someone explain to me what the incentives should be in killing off 250 of other people's hard worked for units to "win" those "YUUGE" rewards of 5 zapphires?

What does 5 zapphires buy you?

An archer with spare change...

Great!

People would have to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars just to come near higher levels, unless you have years of your life to waste on online games when they can fight real wars in real lives. And for what? A few meagre zapphires and "rewards" that doesn't even remotely come near the losses suffered. 

And those "bonus" quests is nothing more than begging you to spend more money.

I would like a rational explanation for this if not a giant scheme to suck people's wallets dry with side order of aggrevation. 

Imperial troops and amulet troops should never be used in bgs.  They have lower resource cost and so pay less into the bank.  Eldrich troops are also a waste to use on bgs since game counts only the resource cost of the regular unit.  
Aug 20, 2016, 21:5108/20/16
03/01/15

SlopranoDark said:

Greetings m'lords and ladies!

Allow me to ask the question what do you think of Stormfall now and Stormfall in the past? What are changes you liked or disliked? What do you think that should change in Stormfall right now and what shouldn't have changed back in the days?

Post your opinions & feedback here and see what others think!

Maybe one update you disliked wasn't that bad after all? 

Some rules before we start:

• A friendly tone and positive feedback is important to keep it calm. Critique is fine, as long as it does not fall out of control! 
  • Do not act rude to people whom have different opinions that yours! Discuss about it, in a nice way. 
  • Build your opinion up with arguments, it's important to make a powerful statement! 
  • The official forum & game rules apply here as well, don't forget that!
  • The rules of civility might be a useful guideline for the above standing point too.

I'm looking forward onto your replies!

The old Stormfall felt much more balanced.  There has always been pay to win option, but as DJMOODY said, it took stupid money to buy wins.  Whales were pretty rare and while you could buy sapphires, the rates weren't that great and you didn't get any bonus troops or items with them.  There were still plenty of unfair things in the old Stormfall, but in any game that allows involuntary PvP, you're going to encounter that.

Initially, I didn't dislike when they added the packs to the game.  The cost was low enough for an impulse buy ($5-20 range), and what you got for that money (especially compared to old Stormfall costs) was really nice.  However, it didn't take long for Plarium to start ratcheting up the cost while not increasing the value of goods purchased proportionately.  Those "special" deals were initially pretty sweet too.  Spend $10 for 20k sapph and some troops is a really sweet deal.  But once you buy that once, you'll never see it again; instead, they'll try to charge you $20 and then $40 for the same number of sapphs and a handful of troops/items that do not make up the cost dif at all...yup, that deal is "special" alright... Whales became a bit more common, but the food "cap" kept armies from getting too crazy.

The removal of the food cap, introduction of all these $ only items, and the $ aspects of heros and fortresses feel like they have turned the new Stormfall into a biggest wallet wins game.  Strategy is overshadowed by credit card crusaders and wallet warriors...you can't really hurt them because they buy it all back and don't seem to care that Plarium ratchets the price up each time.  In a way, its taken away incentive to spend because I simply am not rich enough to compete.  It does not matter if I spend $0 or $500, the same players would still crush me easily.  It also has made the game feel much like you "have" to spend to even enjoy the game.  In a free to play game, that feeling is generally when you see average players leaving in droves.

One side effect of the new Stormfall that I find quite irksome is increase of bugs/glitches/lag in the game and support that generally asks for proof then does nothing about it at all.  Its like they make you jump through a bunch of hoops then just ignore you...maybe all the requests for proof are just hoping you'll give up?  

Plarium is also cheating players; some item descriptions are flat out lies.  The only thing that makes the increased cash grab feel of the game sting more is when you waste money on items to help achieve league goals (eg, buying weor so you can be a staging point for a league attack) only to discover the item does not work as described (it is a small thing, but weor clearly says you cannot have any offensive action launched against you while under the protection. That is a flat out lie, people can launch attacks, they just bounce off unless weor expires or is cancelled before attack gets there).

Overall, more cash intensive to compete, poor support, increase in bugs/glitches/lag...the new Stormfall just is not as much fun as old Stormfall was.  

Aug 20, 2016, 22:1808/20/16
08/31/15

jumy said:

need you pay for others, particularly for alts that gain sapphires unfairly and stressed other for nothing

this is only one that ruin my gameplay (Merlin), see now

imagine how many others and i only put the evidence

You can always report Alts to our Support Team, Jumy.

Yes...we can report alts all day and all night and still nothing will be done.  I can understand to some extent.  It is very hard to prove a castle is an alt and not a friend/roommate/family member using same house and same computer.  I am certain there can be legal ramifications if a real player was wrongly banned as an alt.  That does not change the fact that a great many players are exploiting alts for unfair advantage in the game.  

I suppose on positive thing you could say about alts:  it is a way to build a massive defensive army without spending a dime.  Spend time and effort making an army of alts and having them crank out troops for you, send all the def to your main castle, and you have an ocean of unfair advantage, totally for free!
Aug 20, 2016, 22:3208/20/16
08/31/15

AlberBeni said:

Any hard time player can say me if offers to 50%power for 9´9$ are usual???

Really this is a tactics game, but is an economic tactics game for plarium (this is the better way to describe the game...). 

In StormFall you are so stronger than money can you spend. 

Is the most Unfair game I ever watch for players.

When I spent money, for a cheap offer, never received ofers against for cheap offers, only for the next most expensive. I dont know what the others players feel about it, but im feeling so idiot later to spend any money on it and watch ofers to up 50% power with 9´9$ in market. I remember when i was playing Wow, paying a fixed tax by month and with players so strongers than time dedicated to game. Or remember my time playing x-wars totally free with players than pay for bonuses, and i not remember nothing unfair than here. This is a very atractive game but opposite the fairly play on game it be transformed to a very poor game with a non clean future. Ill continue playing it but im considering to try other platforms more fairly, if any know other games similar this but more fairly will be apreciated to recive by pm to test it. Best regards and good coin spend to all (the game is in second place here....)

Plarium rachets up the price every time you spend.  If you wait long enough, it'll go down again.  The 50% item is actually a new thing and I'd be happy to see it go away.  If its any consolation, the 50% is very deceptive.  It is 50% only of base value, not of the value with all tech, relic, fortress, hero, shard, etc bonuses.  This is not disclosed anywhere in item description and for those with a high bonus, that is a huge difference.

In the new Stormfall, the tactics take place outside the game, mostly on teamspeak.
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Aug 22, 2016, 08:5908/22/16
09/17/15
ThatGuy said:

Only "fair" when the server is up.  When server goes down for hours and eliminates the time players have to play, we get knocked back to zero.  The game may be 24/7, but I have this thing called a "life" that demands I do things other than Stormfall.  

Other than the fact server outages are a fairly "new" thing, this has nothing to do with the original topic.  Amazing how fast the convo got sidetracked.
I agree that some players have only a few-hours window to log in and claim their reward. And when the game is down during this time, they lose their progress. In such cases our players can contact Support Team and ask them to restore the progress. 
Aug 24, 2016, 07:3308/24/16
08/31/15

ThatGuy said:

I agree that some players have only a few-hours window to log in and claim their reward. And when the game is down during this time, they lose their progress. In such cases our players can contact Support Team and ask them to restore the progress. 
We can ask, but we do not always receive.  I do not know if it is the volume of tickets support is flooded with when outages happen or how much $ you spend that determines whether you get a response or not, but I find my tickets are generally ignored or receive a request for screenshot then silence.  They are yet to make good for either server outage that has prevented me from logging in and losing my daily devotion.  That's a lot of free rewards I've lost due to their not making good.
Aug 24, 2016, 22:0608/24/16
10/04/14
and so 
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Aug 25, 2016, 07:4908/25/16
09/17/15
ThatGuy said:

We can ask, but we do not always receive.  I do not know if it is the volume of tickets support is flooded with when outages happen or how much $ you spend that determines whether you get a response or not, but I find my tickets are generally ignored or receive a request for screenshot then silence.  They are yet to make good for either server outage that has prevented me from logging in and losing my daily devotion.  That's a lot of free rewards I've lost due to their not making good.
I guess it's the number of tickets. But everyone should get a reply. If you don't receive it, please give me your ticket ID so I could check it and contact the responsible Support Agent if necessary.
Sep 2, 2016, 10:1909/02/16
Game was fun back, it was more give money and have a fun, and if you don't have any then it is ok. Now it is more like, hey you, you had not spent any k in dollars last month, you should get the hell out of here. (this is the polite version, of course there should been used more vulgar terms, because plarium is only making fools from us but that would not pass this forums policy, even tho it would had been my opinion).
Sep 8, 2016, 10:0909/08/16

Lord Dworka777,

I have to disagree. You're entitled to post your opinion but that attitude isn't based on actual policies. 

I'm playing Stormfall for five years now and so far I haven't payed for anything.

There are a lot of tactics how non-paying players can develop. There is always a choice how can you pay for your faster development and that has its price.   
Sep 8, 2016, 13:5809/08/16
07/25/15

Nemanja said:

Lord Dworka777,

I have to disagree. You're entitled to post your opinion but that attitude isn't based on actual policies. 

I'm playing Stormfall for five years now and so far I haven't payed for anything.

There are a lot of tactics how non-paying players can develop. There is always a choice how can you pay for your faster development and that has its price.   

Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinions and feelings without have to be wrong. I'm inclined to support Dworka. Even being a very small time coiner. (less than 10 usd on average a month, I only spend to keep my Paragon up). Such thing as the booster you can get by only spend cash, or skethces you can't earn from tournaments or events justs skew the balance to much over on the p2w aspect.

Not everyone like you Nemenja who love to bring a slighshot to a gunfight -)

Sep 9, 2016, 17:3609/09/16
06/22/14

@Nemanja,

on which level are you?
Sep 10, 2016, 06:5209/10/16

Lord Drogar 61,

I'm on lvl 81. How about you?
Sep 10, 2016, 08:5309/10/16
06/22/14

@Nemanja

My level is 93. But point of my question isn't my level but your level.

I'm in game for 26-27 months, and you said that you're about 60 months.

You said:

"There are a lot of tactics how non-paying players can develop. "

Difference between our levels are about 8-12 months.

That means that you (with your tactics) are late about 40 months compared to me. To be more clear, your tactics look poor from this point of view.

I don't want to say that you're bad player (I don't know what kind of player you are), but I want to say that any your tactics is pathetic compared with any real coiner tactics. My, too.

Or very explicit, any non-coiners tactics are funny compared with any coiners tactics.

That is what many of us talked on this forum, and I hope that you can understand that talking about any non-coiner tactics (your or my) is needless while (forever) Plarium will keep this unbalance in the game,

Sep 10, 2016, 13:0409/10/16

Lord Drogar61,

I'm playing this game purely for pleasure. I was marshal of three leagues on S1. I was lvl 80 there. Then I had to stop playing it for a year or so due to my work in different countries and since year ago I'm playing it again and now I'm lvl 81.

Sep 15, 2016, 05:0709/15/16
08/01/15

Hello , 

I have been playing this game for some time on both servers , I to get that it cost money to keep the game running, But as of late all the bots vas nolonger pay out as they ounce did and now you have to raide regular cas to make any amount of resorces , i have spend money monthly to get some new goodies and that is all good, but with out the payment from the bots it will cost more for me to play this game and it is making me less wanting to continue it , to bad i have played bot servers and really enjoyed it but i have limited time in which to play and do ont wish to have to check ecery cas for resorces that have always been there for the couragiouse , but now seem to be just a drain on my finaces so am thing about moving on to a game more playder orinted and not just a cash cow for the owners ill habg for a bit longer to see if it gets better if i have to pay more than i should just join up to a game that have monthly dues , to bad

DD
Sep 15, 2016, 07:3609/15/16
07/25/15
Drunges said:

Hello , 

I have been playing this game for some time on both servers , I to get that it cost money to keep the game running, But as of late all the bots vas nolonger pay out as they ounce did and now you have to raide regular cas to make any amount of resorces , i have spend money monthly to get some new goodies and that is all good, but with out the payment from the bots it will cost more for me to play this game and it is making me less wanting to continue it , to bad i have played bot servers and really enjoyed it but i have limited time in which to play and do ont wish to have to check ecery cas for resorces that have always been there for the couragiouse , but now seem to be just a drain on my finaces so am thing about moving on to a game more playder orinted and not just a cash cow for the owners ill habg for a bit longer to see if it gets better if i have to pay more than i should just join up to a game that have monthly dues , to bad

DD
Give us your co-ords, so we can use you as a farm when you leave please. Or start play the game as it was intended, no offense.. That the game is a very much p2w is no secret, and you just have to adapt to it.
Sep 18, 2016, 09:1109/18/16
07/20/14
Gadheras said:

hoschi1177 said:

But please, give it a chance. Some of the new game features may differ from what you're used to, but they are designed to diversify the gameplay, and make our game more interesting and exciting.I'm sure that you will like most of them if you can adapt your strategy.

Yes, they diversified the gameplay but not in a good manner.

For example hamlets. There is no way to adapt my strategy WITHOUT costs. Hunting for hamlets cost you a lot of time, patience and drawing blanks or sapphs. It's just annoying.

Time ago you got some sapphs for daily logging in. It was a little bit more profitable for the players and it would empower us to enjoy "new features", at least occasional.

But you can still get free Sapphires for daily log ind: On days 30, 60, 90. 

daily login for 90 days get you 250 sapphires.... If you miss a day, back to scratch... There is a reason why players have other players babysit their castles and such if they have to go away for a few days, vacation etc. You should make it so it count towards every day you login total and not consecutive. But in the grand scheme of things, 250 sapphires after 90 days is.. a drop in the ocean.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.