All Categories

What do you think of Stormfall now and Stormfall in the past?

What do you think of Stormfall now and Stormfall in the past?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Jun 9, 2016, 23:2606/09/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:56(edited)
11/05/14

Let's say anyone could do a BG with 100 archers and always win 101 archers, a single 1% per BG win. You do 10 BGs every day and by the end of the week you would then have 200 archers. Continue this 1% per day increase and after ten weeks you would have over 100,000 archers. Ten weeks later you'd have over 100 million and by the end of the year 400 million billion archers. Of course, no one could feed that many troops, but the point is that no game can work if the player always wins, even as little as 1%.

Jun 10, 2016, 02:5606/10/16
07/25/15

securitas04 said:

Let's say anyone could do a BG with 100 archers and always win 101 archers, a single 1% per BG win. You do 10 BGs every day and by the end of the week you would then have 200 archers. Continue this 1% per day increase and after ten weeks you would have over 100,000 archers. Ten weeks later you'd have over 100 million and by the end of the year 400 million billion archers. Of course, no one could feed that many troops, but the point is that no game can work if the player always wins, even as little as 1%.

You for real?

So by your defination, you play games to lose. Because winning is not a option? Geeeze.

If you turn it around, and by the end of it, you have no army left, then what is the purpose of do the bg's then? If I play a game like swtor, do my dailies, farm for items and gold, I will always have more than when I started for the time and effort I spent. 

Jun 10, 2016, 18:5906/10/16
Jun 10, 2016, 19:18(edited)
02/24/15

at a ratio of 1% winning , after 10 weeks youll have no more than 1100 archer from 100 at the start, cause the increase is aritmetic no geometric

Now calculate at a ratio of  10-20% losses at the bgs (what actually is real)

Jun 10, 2016, 22:0906/10/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:57(edited)
11/05/14

Yes, I'm for real.

Since you are not disputing the inescapable mathematic logic of my post, we can now both conclude that the game only works if you win some BGs and lose some others. This is commonly referred to as gambling. Players who whine if they gamble and lose, do not deserve my sympathy. I'm just hardwired that way. Do I fight BGs? Yes, I do because I started with no Dragons or Griffins and now after just one month I have scores of them. It's one of the few ways to get higher level units when you start out. I'm also doing the Saga quests and I will have 55 Eldritch Dragons and 150 Griffins later next week. I'm going to continue to level up the BGs until I get all of the Saga quests completed. Then, (fasten your seatbelt), I'll probably stop doing BGs because they will no longer be to my benefit.

See how that works?

Will I stop playing SF then? Of course not! The more I level up, the more I can do for my League. League players have helped me and I in turn help new members. I have one ally who only texts in Spanish. Thanks to Google Translate, we are dos amigos. The more players I mentor past level 50, the more Runes of Fealty our League gets and the more new players we can attract. So BGs are only a small part of the whole experience this great game offers.

Ion, 1% growth is geometric not arithmetric. Multiply 1 times 1.01 seventy times and you get two. Then growth is exponential. You can't win every time even at only 1% growth and not brake the game.

Jun 10, 2016, 22:4606/10/16
Jun 10, 2016, 23:24(edited)
02/24/15

securitas04 said:

Yes, I'm for real.

Since you are not disputing the inescapable mathematic logic of my post, we can now both conclude that the game only works if you win some BGs and lose some others. This is commonly referred to as gambling. Players who whine if they gamble and lose, do not deserve my sympathy. I'm just hardwired that way. Do I fight BGs? Yes, I do because I started with no Dragons or Griffins and now after just one month I have scores of them. It's one of the few ways to get higher level units when you start out. I'm also doing the Saga quests and I will have 55 Eldritch Dragons and 150 Griffins later next week. I'm going to continue to level up the BGs until I get all of the Saga quests completed. Then, (fasten your seatbelt), I'll probably stop doing BGs because they will no longer be to my benefit.

See how that works?

Will I stop playing SF then? Of course not! The more I level up, the more I can do for my League. League players have helped me and I in turn help new members. I have one ally who only texts in Spanish. Thanks to Google Translate, we are dos amigos. The more players I mentor past level 50, the more Runes of Fealty our League gets and the more new players we can attract. So BGs are only a small part of the whole experience this great game offers.

Ion, 1% growth is geometric not arithmetric. Multiply 1 times 1.01 seventy times and you get two. Then growth is exponential. You can't win every time even at only 1% growth and not brake the game.

you are wrong, you presume what you will win remain intact, actually from 101 archers youll win ,youll lose 100 etc..Its a matter of perspective 

In reality losses are 10-20%, which means in a year (without bg tournaments) , if youre playing at bg's every day youll have 0-10% units (this if you're not fighting in PVP tournaments and building allwais units) from how much you builded(in a year). BG tournaments rewards are to compensate some of your losses.

I also play at bgs for winning sapphires for development but im aware is no way to win from bgs. Is not gambling ( a gambler has a chance to win sometimes, not a case here) 
PS.You have any ideea how many archers youll need to beat a level 100 bg? I tell you 150000-250000. You can build these archers in 50-70 weeks so you can calculate easyer 1% winnings 

Jun 10, 2016, 23:2406/10/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:41(edited)
11/05/14

Ion, start with 100 and grow by 1% per iteration. After 70 iterations you have 200. After 10 of those cycles you have 102,400 and every 10 cycles you grow by another magnitude of 1024. It's called math and I majored in it in college.

In case you missed it, no game can support players only winning even by the narrowest margin. You win some, you lose some with BGs. That's a gamble and gamblers never beat the odds in the long run.

Yes I have an idea how many archers I'll need. I have been beating the Sagas with archers and I will continue to do that.

Jun 10, 2016, 23:4206/10/16
02/24/15
i dont like to discuss in contradiction , i just suppose you are new in this game . We should continue this discution in a year from now , if we are still here. And about the math involved here , ok, youre right , maybe your college was better than mine
Jun 13, 2016, 22:1906/13/16
08/03/14

securitas04 said:

except the point is to lose 100% of those archers in trade for equal resource value of golems, griffins, and demons. 
Jun 14, 2016, 23:1006/14/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:03(edited)
11/05/14

Except that never losing is like always winning. If you lose 0%, then you can do BGs forever. You're also getting experience points, 100 of each resource, an item for your hero and BG points and possibly tourney points with every BG. The acid test for any idea is simple. If you played poker with someone and they got to use your idea against you, would you think they were cheaters?

Jun 15, 2016, 05:5506/15/16
07/25/15

securitas04 said:

Except that never losing is like always winning. If you lose 0%, then you can do BGs forever. You're also getting experience points, 100 of each resource, an item for your hero and BG points and possibly tourney points with every BG. The acid test for any idea is simple. If you played poker with someone and they got to use your idea against you, would you think they were cheaters?

To compare BG's to like raiding in WOW, you never end up succeed and end of the day you stuck with a repair bill.... Its not about never losing, its about never winning....

Jun 19, 2016, 03:1106/19/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:52(edited)
11/05/14
good to know
Jun 19, 2016, 04:5006/19/16
the stormfall as I see it now and the way it was when I stated is two different.Are two separate games . I just hit my 90 day reward and I only got 10 dragons. Why should I log in very day for 90 days to get such a horseshit reward ? The rewards you give out now are not worth a shit. The game has turned into a game of money and strategy no longer has anything to do with it. I need you to give me one good reason to continue in this game. This game was interesting and fun when I started it. now I see no reason to continue. the rewards i once looked forward to are no longer there. I know that alot of players are no longer happy with this game. What will happen once you loose the majority of you members because you are being such tightwads. I will never spend another penny in your game
Jun 19, 2016, 07:1506/19/16

Lord Sir Tiger the Claw,

please report that case to http://support.plarium.com/enstormfall/Tickets/Submit/Step1/48

Jun 19, 2016, 12:5506/19/16
08/12/14

Sir Tiger The claw said:

the stormfall as I see it now and the way it was when I stated is two different.Are two separate games . I just hit my 90 day reward and I only got 10 dragons. Why should I log in very day for 90 days to get such a horseshit reward ? The rewards you give out now are not worth a shit. The game has turned into a game of money and strategy no longer has anything to do with it. I need you to give me one good reason to continue in this game. This game was interesting and fun when I started it. now I see no reason to continue. the rewards i once looked forward to are no longer there. I know that alot of players are no longer happy with this game. What will happen once you loose the majority of you members because you are being such tightwads. I will never spend another penny in your game

Unless it was a bug you were probably at the 60 day reward point. For me, the 90 day reward still shows 50 dragons.

60 Day Screenshot

90 Day Screenshot

Jun 27, 2016, 10:0906/27/16
Jun 27, 2016, 10:15(edited)

this game is the biggest taking the piss that i know, only alts and plarium team 

no need nerf the entire game, need remove alts at least

Jun 27, 2016, 10:3506/27/16
Jun 27, 2016, 10:57(edited)
11/30/14

This game became major lag/freezing game plus money grab with those sketches and so on that was mentioned before. Stormfall as a whole needs a huge revamp. Most buildings are useless, BattleGrounds are useless ( You lose tons of units for nothing ), You need around 300-400k sapps or more to upgrade 20-25lvl farms + months to wait for the finish, not to mention iron/gold and other buildings. I understand if you can buy xp boosters and many more various boosters, but for Weor's sake, why units ? Lol, you have build them, not buy them. You need to get rid of your marketing system, they'll destroy this game. Most of the good games I knew got destroyed because of selfishness and never ending money-grabbing.

Mind your language please!
Jun 27, 2016, 10:5706/27/16
Jun 27, 2016, 10:57(edited)
01/31/15

vakonziko said:

This game became major lag/freezing game plus money grab with those sketches and so on that was mentioned before. Stormfall as a whole needs a huge revamp. Most buildings are useless, BattleGrounds are useless ( You lose tons of units for nothing ), You need around 300-400k sapps or more to upgrade 20-25lvl farms + months to wait for the finish, not to mention iron/gold and other buildings. I understand if you can buy xp boosters and many more various boosters, but for Weor's sake, why units ? Lol, you have build them, not buy them. You need to get rid of your marketing system, they'll destroy this game. Most of the good games I knew got destroyed because of selfishness and never ending money-grabbing.

Mind your language please!

Greetings m'lord!

I understand your frustrations. However, please make sure you give constructive feedback/critique as it's a lot more friendly and can be useful for both sides!

Jun 27, 2016, 18:2806/27/16
06/18/14
securitas04 said:

You are aware that savings accounts work on this principle & it has not led to economic disaster. Your math is fine but like all math it only partially captures human reality.
Jun 27, 2016, 18:5406/27/16

wilson said:

securitas04 said:

You are aware that savings accounts work on this principle & it has not led to economic disaster. Your math is fine but like all math it only partially captures human reality.

need you pay for others, particularly for alts that gain sapphires unfairly and stressed other for nothing

this is only one that ruin my gameplay (Merlin), see now

imagine how many others and i only put the evidence

Jun 28, 2016, 16:2806/28/16
02/22/16
This Game has been all about the money too call it a strategy Game is a joke,  Unless having tons of money  to throw away daily is considered a strategy. years ago this game was worth playing  now it's not unless you enjoy paying.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.