This topic is closed

What do you think of Stormfall now and Stormfall in the past?

205 Replies
Gadheras
18 May, 2016, 3:33 PM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


Taybor Bennett said:


I've enjoyed Stormfall for some time now, I had three players on three servers. Two of my three players are approximately 2 million troop in the negative since the battle grounds changed. I decided to do a test with my third player who had 7 million approx in offence - I kept sending my 7 million into the battlegrounds and did as many as I could. The result was that player was left with 1.5 million. I no longer use that player, I stopped playing on that server. I have two players left, I have put what I consider a large amount of money into the game but if the battle grounds are not fixed I can't continue to play. Several of my fellow players agree with me. 

So my question is this - Do you plan on fixing the battle grounds or are they staying the same? 





Battlegrounds will remain as they are now. Please remember that they are not the main source of Units. You need to play them wisely, and use the strategic approach. We have a lot of experienced BG raiders on Forum, and I'm sure that they will share their experience and tactics with you.

The bottom line is, you put more resources into it than you get out. For new players its a good way to gain units they can't make already. But in terms of resource worth. You get less out than you put in, so what is the reward for doing them then ?


UTC +2:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
19 May, 2016, 7:10 AM UTC
Gadheras said:

The bottom line is, you put more resources into it than you get out. For new players its a good way to gain units they can't make already. But in terms of resource worth. You get less out than you put in, so what is the reward for doing them then ?


You still get some experience points, valuable Items, Hero Items. But it's always up to you. If you are more interested in other game activities, you can take part in them instead of BGs Each player has his own strategy and his own priorities, and no one can tell you what will be the best for you and your current goals.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Gadheras
19 May, 2016, 7:50 AM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


Gadheras said:

The bottom line is, you put more resources into it than you get out. For new players its a good way to gain units they can't make already. But in terms of resource worth. You get less out than you put in, so what is the reward for doing them then ?


You still get some experience points, valuable Items, Hero Items. But it's always up to you. If you are more interested in other game activities, you can take part in them instead of BGs Each player has his own strategy and his own priorities, and no one can tell you what will be the best for you and your current goals.

You just long away confirmed that battlegrounds run at a negative reward curve...


That is very bad you know.


UTC +2:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
20 May, 2016, 7:36 AM UTC

Gadheras said:




You just long away confirmed that battlegrounds run at a negative reward curve...


That is very bad you know.


I have never said that, you know 

BGs do require strategy and planning. They can give you a big amount of Units, if you play them wisely.

Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Drogar61
22 May, 2016, 3:04 PM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


Gadheras said:




You just long away confirmed that battlegrounds run at a negative reward curve...


That is very bad you know.


I have never said that, you know 

BGs do require strategy and planning. They can give you a big amount of Units, if you play them wisely.

You should to learn some things about BG. If you knew about BG mechanic already, then this is a big lie.

There is no reward in BG, just payout which is less then you spent to get it.

UTC +0:00
LongJohnSilver
25 May, 2016, 1:42 AM UTC

Just lost as follows in a lvl 16 battleground personal quest:



4 warlocks


1 Necromancer


1 Great Lord


1 Eldrich Knight


8 Imperial Knights


1 Knight


22 Pikemen


2 Imperial Paladines


17 paladines



The "spoils" were 


6 "Great Lords" and


 2 Archers pluss the "incredible reward" of those "invaluable" 


10 pikemen. 

In other words, I lost more than 3 times the units gained. And the units "gained" was not nearly is high levels as the ones lost. 

 Can someone explain to me how this is going to make people want to play these quests on those terms?

And can someone explain to me what the incentives should be in killing off 250 of other people's hard worked for units to "win" those "YUUGE" rewards of 5 zapphires?

What does 5 zapphires buy you?


An archer with spare change...

Great!


People would have to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars just to come near higher levels, unless you have years of your life to waste on online games when they can fight real wars in real lives. And for what? A few meagre zapphires and "rewards" that doesn't even remotely come near the losses suffered. 


And those "bonus" quests is nothing more than begging you to spend more money.

I would like a rational explanation for this if not a giant scheme to suck people's wallets dry with side order of aggrevation. 




UTC +2:00
Grud
27 May, 2016, 4:42 PM UTC

stormfall has become too much of a money game. too many players are cheating and Plarium you are intentionaly allowing this to go on. One or two alts is one thing but when someone has close to 100 alts that is going way too far and that player should be permanently banned from the game( all accounts)


UTC +0:00
jumy
27 May, 2016, 6:20 PM UTC

could be a job, you never thought?

The truth hurts
UTC +12:00
Cec
28 May, 2016, 6:19 AM UTC
I guess aside from the exorbitant costs of most of the new stuff, the Hamlets were a really bad idea. It involves putting troops out as sitting ducks to be attacked by a large force from which the defender gets almost no pvp. At least with the old settlements, a person had a choice whether to defend or not. Note all the vacant Hamlets, many do not even bother with them.
UTC +0:00
gouveiarodrigues
29 May, 2016, 9:10 AM UTC
Enjoying it so far
UTC +7:00
Steamgamer41
31 May, 2016, 1:32 AM UTC
Hi
UTC +5:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
31 May, 2016, 11:22 AM UTC
Steamgamer41 said:

Hi
Hi. Do you have something to say about our game?
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Gadheras
31 May, 2016, 11:44 AM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


Steamgamer41 said:


Hi
Hi. Do you have something to say about our game?

Isn't posts such as the above an awfull "off topic" for the current thread its in? I see posts with such as "hello, hi etc" in the most random threads on the forum.
UTC +2:00
Falstaff
31 May, 2016, 6:45 PM UTC

FauxHeart said:


The flood of recent changes have diversified the game too much.

I must admit it does only seem to be a plarium money grab - very sad.


I have become greatly disheartened by recent mass changes, and am trying to decide whether to continue.

I have spent money on the game, but I can see little benefit to me by putting further money in, as I could meet the great cost needed to be truly competitive.

Not a fan of many of the recent changes - although the Dragon Stone is not bad.


This kind of summarizes things for me. I have been playing for close to 2 years & I am a modest coiner but lately the game has become a serious negative grind. As FauxHeart says the only way to move forward is through serious money investment. The biggest negative is BGs. In many ways BGs are central to making the game work effectively but currently the BGs are broken. I sent 10 million troops (points) into BGs in a recent tournament & lost approximately 3 million without any real return. It may take me 3 months to rebuild these lost troops! Even if I use discounts it would cost me hundreds of dollars to replace these troops with sapphires. I am just not going to do that. Like FauxHeart I am marking time while I decide if there is any fun left in this game. In my opinion, the current problems with the game are not cosmetics nor bugs nor a lack of community; The main issue is playability & fun are being stripped from the game. The game is becoming a boring grind that only comes alive when you inject money.

UTC +0:00
Lord Mark
2 June, 2016, 10:15 AM UTC
Can we recive special wall when we recive Oberon castle ?
UTC +0:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
3 June, 2016, 8:29 AM UTC
Lord Mark said:

Can we recive special wall when we recive Oberon castle ?
What kind of Special Wall? 
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Tuyache
4 June, 2016, 10:24 AM UTC
It was good when I was doing annihilation did know that after 2 or 3 raids ı would gain more troops to maintain my game. Now it is rubbish. I used rabbish not to be impolite. I have attacked lvl 35-36 both and defend and not a single troop ı gained instead ı lost 200.000 attack and defence force. Soooo what one shall do. .. :) just give up the game . Who lost I or plarium. Think about twice. It was like this at Total Domination but when gamers protest you changed it and now its working pretty well, that ı am playing there. Here untill it changes ı am off. 
UTC +0:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
6 June, 2016, 8:31 AM UTC
Tuyache said:

It was good when I was doing annihilation did know that after 2 or 3 raids ı would gain more troops to maintain my game. Now it is rubbish. I used rabbish not to be impolite. I have attacked lvl 35-36 both and defend and not a single troop ı gained instead ı lost 200.000 attack and defence force. Soooo what one shall do. .. :) just give up the game . Who lost I or plarium. Think about twice. It was like this at Total Domination but when gamers protest you changed it and now its working pretty well, that ı am playing there. Here untill it changes ı am off. 
We are always ready to listen to our players' suggestions. however, we are unable to accept 'give us free stuff and let us get 100 Units for 1 lost Unit' suggestions. We should always consider the game balance. But you may check the "Implemented suggestions" thread to make sure that we do listen to our players, and we want you to have a positive game experience.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Gadheras
6 June, 2016, 8:35 AM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


Tuyache said:


It was good when I was doing annihilation did know that after 2 or 3 raids ı would gain more troops to maintain my game. Now it is rubbish. I used rabbish not to be impolite. I have attacked lvl 35-36 both and defend and not a single troop ı gained instead ı lost 200.000 attack and defence force. Soooo what one shall do. .. :) just give up the game . Who lost I or plarium. Think about twice. It was like this at Total Domination but when gamers protest you changed it and now its working pretty well, that ı am playing there. Here untill it changes ı am off. 
We are always ready to listen to our players' suggestions. however, we are unable to accept 'give us free stuff and let us get 100 Units for 1 lost Unit' suggestions. We should always consider the game balance. But you may check the "Implemented suggestions" thread to make sure that we do listen to our players, and we want you to have a positive game experience.

Why is it that when players complain about lack of rewards, Plarium seems to go overboard? No one said they want a 100-1 to win ratio of rewards. I would be quite happy about just turn units I sacrifice into other units of same resource value with maybe a few extra to go. Remember units gained from pve would most likely end up burn in pvp activities too.
UTC +2:00
Drogar61
8 June, 2016, 6:33 PM UTC
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Tuyache said:

It was good when I was doing annihilation did know that after 2 or 3 raids ı would gain more troops to maintain my game. Now it is rubbish. I used rabbish not to be impolite. I have attacked lvl 35-36 both and defend and not a single troop ı gained instead ı lost 200.000 attack and defence force. Soooo what one shall do. .. :) just give up the game . Who lost I or plarium. Think about twice. It was like this at Total Domination but when gamers protest you changed it and now its working pretty well, that ı am playing there. Here untill it changes ı am off. 
We are always ready to listen to our players' suggestions. however, we are unable to accept 'give us free stuff and let us get 100 Units for 1 lost Unit' suggestions. We should always consider the game balance. But you may check the "Implemented suggestions" thread to make sure that we do listen to our players, and we want you to have a positive game experience.
Are you tired or simple rude? Your answers are really unacceptable. Please, watch on your answers.We payed you, not vice versa.
UTC +0:00
1720162 users registered; 42299 topics; 270489 posts; our newest member:Commander #2680131