All Categories

development of updates

development of updates

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Feb 26, 2016, 14:1502/26/16

development of updates

notes before you read my post : 1)i have been playing since 20/10/2015 (4 months and 6 days as of this writing)

2)I read a lot of threads and posts on the forum

and I came to a conclusion PLARIUM IS TOO SLOW let me explain :

1) a feature requested a lot by a lot of players and plarium promised to deliver is the beacon defense should be viewed if the Marshall allows it however it is taking MONTHS so far and still nothing 

there is a thread requesting this feature that started on 7 October 2015 last post on the thread was 2 days ago 26/2/2016 and still nothing but the promise 

so more than 4 months for such request that should be a priority because the demand for it 

2) plarium started a topic where it asked players to vote for the best update in 2015 however there are only 9 options (updates) I thought a company like plarium would add much more to this game on the course of an entire year

note: some of the options are a very small additions such as the reduction of legendary units food consumption and new items being added to the store and units no longer dismissed at negative food production

i know i am not a developer to judge but I think company like plarium wont face hard time making these additions 

so i guess in total you get just 4 meaningful choices (hamlets/BG changes/tournaments and gateways) in a whole YEAR 

3) the major update (fortresses) how do you call that a major one, an update that added just one feature is called a major update I dont know but i play a lot of games even on mobile a major update would include several changes/improvements and most importantly more than just a building to upgrade in return of a bonus seriously just build it and go ahead upgrade stuff and that is it that is what you call major 

4) the only things i saw since i started playing is hamlets, fortresses and items in the black market nothing else (if i missed something tell me)

so i started to feel that a group of 5 people develop all of plarium games (i hope thats wrong)  please you have to speed things up 

and I am not mentioning the paragon slider and the crystals stuff that are requested so much that i think moderators and oberon started to dream about them in their sleep

conclusion : you are working on the game thank you very much but you are doing that very slowly and a lot of updates such as hamlets and fortresses are so bad that i really doupt you spent half that time on them

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 26, 2016, 14:2802/26/16
04/10/15

Lord Exxe

Thanks for sharing ur thoughts with all us. You have to consider that there are some features that are prior to other ones. i know devs are working for the most askings you are making and hope they will be implemented on game in near future.

consider that every thing takes its time to be implemented and tested so hope they could see light in a near future

Thanks again for posting

Regards
Feb 26, 2016, 14:4502/26/16
Feb 26, 2016, 14:50(edited)

Juglar del Viento said:

Lord Exxe

Thanks for sharing ur thoughts with all us. You have to consider that there are some features that are prior to other ones. i know devs are working for the most askings you are making and hope they will be implemented on game in near future.

consider that every thing takes its time to be implemented and tested so hope they could see light in a near future

Thanks again for posting

Regards

I know that the developers are working on the game and I know that it will take time my problem is that it takes way too much time (plarium has too many games i really hope that it has the development teams that is large enough to keep up), do you know how many times so far you (moderators and oberon) have said it will be implemented in the near future, last time i checked the near future is not +4 months.

i just can't imagine the view of someone who might have been playing for a year or longer

i just got a question : when devs start a development project don't they have deadline and a plan if delays occur ??

Feb 26, 2016, 14:4802/26/16

the game is great and thanks to everyone who shaped its greatness 

and i know that all the mentioned above plarium promised to deliver my problem is the delivery time ??!!!
Feb 26, 2016, 14:4902/26/16
04/10/15

Lord Exxe

I think the devs team are large enough to take care about it. You know some things take more time to arrive than others but finally some day arrives. i can tell you, next week i will be playing 3 years. (Ouch how time pass)

Regards

Feb 26, 2016, 14:5902/26/16
Feb 26, 2016, 14:59(edited)

you are completely right some updates are big thus take more time however look back at 2015 plarium on the course of a whole year added 4 big changes and that is it 

besides shouldn't there be a deadline and a backup plans whenever a delay occurs ?

I am not qualified to judge as well as i dont know the amount of work needed but in general you cant blame me for expecting a bit more than that

Lord OberonCharacter
Feb 26, 2016, 15:0202/26/16
Feb 26, 2016, 15:02(edited)
01/06/15

Lord Juglar is right.

Plarium games are developed by a group of people bigger than five, but at the same time Plarium is certainly not a company as big as some players think it is.

Development of every feature takes time. 

Basically it's Plan --> Analyze --> Design --> Develop --> Test --> Release -->Fix bugs --> Maintain.

Every feature must go through all these steps. And just the Planning step starts when the issues with a higher priority have been solved. And as I mentioned in another thread the priority of an issue is determined by the developer.

We strive to deliver as many new features as it is realistically possible every year, with the limited resources that we have, and we appreciate your patience immensely when we say to you that this or that feature is being worked on. We realize that the pace of development might not be what you'd expect form us, but as lord Juglar said "some things take more time to arrive than others but finally some day arrives."

Feb 26, 2016, 15:1502/26/16
Feb 26, 2016, 15:21(edited)

Lord Oberon said:

Lord Juglar is right.

Plarium games are developed by a group of people bigger than five, but at the same time Plarium is certainly not a company as big as some players think it is.

Development of every feature takes time. 

Basically it's Plan --> Analyze --> Design --> Develop --> Test --> Release -->Fix bugs --> Maintain.

Every feature must go through all these steps. And just the Planning step starts when the issues with a higher priority have been solved. And as I mentioned in another thread the priority of an issue is determined by the developer.

We strive to deliver as many new features as it is realistically possible every year, with the limited resources that we have, and we appreciate your patience immensely when we say to you that this or that feature is being worked on. We realize that the pace of development might not be what you'd expect form us, but as lord Juglar said "some things take more time to arrive than others but finally some day arrives."

that is great you are organized and more than five good

but the "one day will arrive" approach  in business and in gaming industry (please tell me it is a joke)

so when you say "in the near future" "will be implemented soon" and so on, you mean just play and it may arrive today, tomorrow , or maybe in a year

edit : sorry "some day arrives" that is the correct one

edit: at least give us a time frame tell us within 2 weeks for example and whenever a delay happens announce it but dont keep us flooding the forums with the same simple requests you already agreed on
Lord OberonCharacter
Feb 26, 2016, 15:2802/26/16
01/06/15

We have deadlines of course, but we are unable to share them with the community, unfortunately, because sometimes they shift and some updates get postponed and sometimes even cancelled. 

Feb 26, 2016, 15:4902/26/16
Feb 26, 2016, 16:10(edited)

Lord Oberon said:

We have deadlines of course, but we are unable to share them with the community, unfortunately, because sometimes they shift and some updates get postponed and sometimes even cancelled. 

ok if you say that the beacon deff feature is coming early 2017 (for example lol if you really need this time then hire more devs) and suddenly postponed because of a bug you go ahead and say delayed till mid 2017 and that is it 

1)i dont see how a requested feature already approved would be cancelled

what i mean here is that when you approve you already know that it is possible so there wouldn't be any technical issues that cancels it

2) delay it once, twice and tell us would be much better than what is currently being done  ( if you keep shifting and postponing then you have an issue within the staff so pls no more than 2 delays or you give us new things to complain about)

look at gaming consoles they delay a game release by years sometimes

3) let this be just for the things the community asks for keep whatever things else you work on secret thats fine by me 

cover the requests that are just basic functionality that is extremely needed for a better gaming experience dont cover requests that are too big or add too much (cover the request that improve the things already existed im not expecting announcements on the requests of new stuff)

take as much time as you want but tell us how long do you want

i know a lot of unexpected issues occur that may delay things but +4 months for such things i am not asking to change the whole core of the game come on be flexible lol

Feb 26, 2016, 16:1702/26/16
Feb 26, 2016, 16:22(edited)
07/25/15

I see one man devs that funded by Pateron, that got more updates and progress on their games, or even early access games on steam. Than what it seems Plarium does with theirs. But imho, Plarium doesn't push changes to just one game. They have this whole line of games, that is basicaly the same game but with a different skin. 

If the games had their individual direction, and devs working on them, rather than become a blue copy of each other where stuff just got different skins and names, they could maybe blossom in their own right. 

With the actual profit Plarium make from their games, it seems the actual cost put down on development is rather low key. On the other hand I see banners all over the web proclaiming the  "the best strategy game" there is. Imagine the effort was actually put into make it so?

I been playing computer games since the early days of the c64, and online mmo's or variants of since early 2000. It's not like I drag criticis out of no where, when I compare to all other games and such I experienced over the years in terms of development, changes, patches and so on.

Feb 26, 2016, 19:1902/26/16
04/10/15

Hi all

i think that the main matter of this thread has been properly answered and given enough reasons so i close it

beyond this point is a neverending discussion.

Regards and Good Haunting.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.