Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Feb 7, 2016, 14:1002/07/16
Feb 7, 2016, 14:11(edited)
11/16/14

Yes that would be very helpful.

Feb 7, 2016, 16:2002/07/16
07/14/14

"There was a beacon NAP (Non Aggression pact) between Bilks & GoA/KoC. As part of this they agreed a swap of beacons with GoA/KoC and territory boundaries.

When the beacon spawn didn't go their way Bilks chose to step over the agreed boundaries. "

Okey thank you for this information. Agreement of territory boundaries. Then the beacon drop and it did not fall to Bilskirners favor. So they decided to step over the agreed boundaries and not ask first. 

Feb 9, 2016, 06:5102/09/16
06/29/14

mindful said:

"There was a beacon NAP (Non Aggression pact) between Bilks & GoA/KoC. As part of this they agreed a swap of beacons with GoA/KoC and territory boundaries.

When the beacon spawn didn't go their way Bilks chose to step over the agreed boundaries. "

Okey thank you for this information. Agreement of territory boundaries. Then the beacon drop and it did not fall to Bilskirners favor. So they decided to step over the agreed boundaries and not ask first. 

The beacon drop was in favor of both leagues.  The map had 200 beacons, and it spawned another 100 beacons (50% increase) for a total of three rows in the north above both BILSK and GoA.  They both had the same opportunity for Northern growth from where their areas were.

There was a written agreement with a picture addendum that had a very clear verticle line drawn to show who could go where.  GoA was to stick to the West side of the line, and BILSK was supposed to stick the East.  Instead, BILSK went west srtaight above GoA beacons (the West side) and took a couple beacons, and followed it up with league wides to stack and defend them.  A very blatent breach of the NaP which we all signed and agreed to just a few days before (maybe it had been a week by this point) (strike 1)

Then after Jezebel did a ton of work and got the league to reverse SILVER's decison and then worked a ton of diplo with us to explain why we should give them another chance, that was sorted for the time being.  BILSK beacons sorted on the correct side of the NaP agreement and we were back to another attempt at a fresh start.  And a week or 2 later, they took yet another beacon, on the wrong side of the line from German Raiders.  (strike 2)

Then about a month went by and SILVER told me in our group chat that he was about to secure a swap with German Raiders edge beacon which was once again, on the wrong side of the line.  I reminded him that this is the third time he has broken the NaP we all agreed to and that I wanted nothing more to do with any attempts at beacon diplomacy.  (strike 3)

After repeated, blatent disregard for the agreement he made, enough was enough, and we decided to fight with him for territory instead of attempting any further negotiations for a peaceful arragment, since time and time again his actions showed he had no desire to keep his promises.

And as DJ had mentioned above, this is on top of the previous 6 months of issues that had gone on.  And to top it off, nearly their entire leadership had quit the league (which should be a huge warning sign for anyone).  Take a moment and think about your own league, if nearly all of your current captains either quit or are booted, what kind of statement does that make?  

Was it everyone else causing the issues, or is it possible that there might be an issue at the top that all the subordinates could no longer work with?

Hope that makes a bit more sense as to why the issues are there with BILSK.

Feb 9, 2016, 16:4002/09/16
07/14/14
Very good and informative text test. Thank you sir. I would do my best to blow anyone, not complying as above, to smithereens a lot earlier. Golly you are one patient leader.
Feb 10, 2016, 17:1902/10/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:08(edited)
11/05/14

TEST 

again misinformed 

i booted some of those captains for making derogatory and inflammatory comments about a fellow captains sexuality 

one who happens to be in your league 

so i stood up for a longtime captain of mine 

who still left to follow his dreams of being a lackey to self imposed tyrant like your self 

so be it 

others left due to the threat of being assaulted by about 6 big leagues 

because none of you 

especially KOC 

and GOA 

have the balls to take us on by themselves 

so you guys resort to your old worn out tactic of bullying and using your lackey leagues to do softening blows 

and having one of my actual allies attack me also 

good show 

your form of diplomacy is absolutly disgusting 

and not a league out there trusts any of the CORALITION

so next time get your facts straight before spouting they left because of me 

Feb 10, 2016, 21:5002/10/16
07/14/14
Such difference in posts. test and djmoody is giving alot of important strategic information about decisions in a wargame like Stormfall. And keeping the flame at a low and good level. Silverhammer your post just reek of vileness in a rpg way. Some slander. Can you please give information. Is it correct description on how you broke the agreement? And to be honest from my viewpoint of reading your text it looks like your captains did not want to fight your war. Which means test is more correct then you about that also. So I do not see that you have a single argument against test. Can you please write again and bring something up?
Feb 11, 2016, 00:5602/11/16
11/12/14
From my point view, this is a war game, only cowards use many leagues to hit a league for subjugate this, ok, some peoples claims this as strategy but for me is just that: cowards actions from "big" leagues.
Feb 11, 2016, 01:4002/11/16
Oct 26, 2020, 12:00(edited)

In war, there is only win, or do not win.  It's pretty binary.

That being said, "winning" in a game like this usually requires a lot of diplomacy and at least a perception by others that you will stick by your word, once given.  Treaties can be broken, of course, but there are consequences to your reputation to such things.  What happened to BILSKIRNIR is a prime example of what happens when you can't keep your word and ignore treaties that you've made.  Not only do other leagues turn on you, but your own members will desert you and your league will fall out of power pretty fast.

In the real world, one of the prime functions of governments is to enforce agreements (treaties, internal laws, trade agreements, etc).  To that end, they create internal security (police) and external enforcement (armies) to make sure that they CAN enforce their own (and others') agreements.  Leagues and alliances of leagues, much like governments, must enforce their own treaties or the consequences of breaking them have no meaning.  In order for treaties to have any meaning, they MUST be enforced by those involved or all suffer a larger amount of war, banditry (random beacon attacks) and civil unrest (members leaving).   If this means that all the leagues in an alliance must get involved to help enforce something, that's simply a requirement of being a part of the alliance and yes, GOOD STRATEGY.

Remember also, that while other leagues' perception of yours is important, your own members' perceptions are also critical in making a successful highly-ranked league.  By breaking treaties that were previously agreed to, the damage to BILSKIRNIR is pretty severe as not only do other leagues no longer trust them (and thus they are now relegated to the status of unprotected and free-to-hit for raids, beacons, etc), their own members are leaving (or have left) en-masse, thus reducing even further their ability to protect their investments and members.

Honestly, I don't think I've seen a more clear-cut example of why it's a bad idea to break treaties in a while.  An object lesson for all, imho.

War never changes, just the players and those on top :)

Feb 11, 2016, 01:5102/11/16
11/12/14
i'm agree with you in many things, but a league dont need treaties that push you agaist with the wall. This a war game a very soon i'll see move the top, and big leagues fall :D
Feb 11, 2016, 02:0102/11/16
Oct 12, 2020, 12:03(edited)

If you can back that up, I'll be the first to congratulate you.  Good luck :)

As for treaties that push you against the wall...well, THERE is where it behooves your leaders to think hard about treaties before agreeing to them and make sure it doesn't do that.  A treaty that walls you in is only helpful to your enemies.  However, if you DO find yourself in that position, it's almost always better to at least attempt to renegotiate before simply ignoring the treaty.  How a league marshal handles that situation says as much about their skill as anything else.
Feb 11, 2016, 04:3002/11/16
Feb 11, 2016, 04:31(edited)
06/29/14

SILVERHAMMER said:

TEST 

again misinformed 

i booted some of those captains for making derogatory and inflammatory comments about a fellow captains sexuality 

The way I remember it (which might be wrong, but I think is right), is that you only demoted, not booted them after one of your other captain quit your league because you wouldn't do anything about it.  Then they left of their own accord.

who still left to follow his dreams of being a lackey to self imposed tyrant like your self 

Funny, for a moment there I almost thought you had a heart, then you went an insulted a long time captain and instead of saying "thanks for the long tenure here at BILSK, I wish you the best with your new endvors" or something along those lines...   What a big man you are SILVER, good job making fun of people who have served BILSK for quite some time.  It's no supprise that he's not in your league anymore after seeing just the smallest snipit of how you treat others.

I guess it just really goes to show what type of character you have.

so be it 

Another bold claim - care to back that up with some proof or does this stuff just fall off your forked tongue with reckless abandon?

because none of you 

especially KOC 

and GOA 

Oh SILVER, how short your memory is.  Let me bring back one of your famous messages about assaulting others with a team of leagues:

[07:15] SILVERHAMMER : ATTENTION ALL WARRIORS AND SHEILDMAIDENS 

I HAVE WORKED HARD ON THIS AND IT CREATED A CONFEDRACY BIG ENOUGH TO TAKE ON KNIGHTS TEMPLAR AND KOC/KOK/DESTINY AT THE SAME TIME YOU DIONT LIKE THE THIRD OPTION GO PLAY WITH THEM 

PRETTY SIMPLE 

YOU DONT LIKE THE RULES AND ALLIANCE GO JOIN THE PURPLE F.U.C.K.IN. PONIES AND DO WHATEVER YOU WANT 

SILVERHAMMER

so you guys resort to your old worn out tactic of bullying and using your lackey leagues to do softening blows 

Your really gonna cry using the server buzzword "bullying"?  When a team of leagues work together to take down the person who has lied time and time again to them, it sounds like a proper alliance working as one unit, as it should.  

I thought your BC was the thing of legends, the thing big enough to take on all the big leagues on the server at the same time.

Or was that just another lie you were spouting off to your league...

good show 

SILVER, you using the word "trust" is hillarious, I can't think of anyone that is less qualified than you to throw that word around.

Funny you tell me to get my "facts straight", let me remind you what I did say, not what you state I said (you really can't help yourself with all of these lies can you?).  This proof is especially easy because it's in my other post just up above : "Was it everyone else causing the issues, or is it possible that there might be an issue at the top that all the subordinates could no longer work with?"

I'm sure you've got a couple more lies up your sleeve.  I can't wait to hear what you have to say next...

Feb 11, 2016, 05:1102/11/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:58(edited)
11/05/14
Woah, I aint messing with Test.
Feb 11, 2016, 19:3602/11/16
Feb 11, 2016, 19:45(edited)

SILVERHAMMER said:

TEST 

again misinformed 

so be it 

because none of you 

especially KOC 

and GOA 

good show 

unforgiven 4-5-6 (up little time in their profile quoted +600 people)? kt4-5? other allied + too many alts (this for all)? and it is clear that they all work for one league and disturb others  and you bothered with the very clear and precise terms of other leagues? 

sorry if someone tries to play regularly and working together for protection..... which side is bullying? 

make your game or that of others?