Updates Communication and Interactions

47 Replies
Mehnslayer
31 January, 2016, 3:49 PM UTC

I'm letting Oberon take this thread, because practically anything and everything I can say will get me yelled at by somebody.

Think what you will but I don't believe splitting the community up even more will help give feedback, should look at it from the other way... Give feedback on what the developers are doing prior to release...But that falls on Plarium's shoulders.

E 'n la sua volontade è nostra pace
UTC +10:00
djmoody
6 February, 2016, 2:42 PM UTC
And now it turns out some leagues had advanced warning of beacons drops and other didn't. Given the ridiculous advantage this info confers I would escalte this issue to now being A DEMAND not just a REQUEST.
Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
Mehnslayer
6 February, 2016, 3:46 PM UTC

djmoody said:

And now it turns out some leagues had advanced warning of beacons drops and other didn't. Given the ridiculous advantage this info confers I would escalte this issue to now being A DEMAND not just a REQUEST.

Moderators were given permission (at least the Plarium.com ones) to leak the information on the beacons, however as there is only 2 moderators that actively play on Plarium.com, the rest are on FB and I didn't leak the information myself (I have no reason to)

Can I ask which league(s) you are targeting? 

djmoody
7 February, 2016, 2:29 PM UTC

I don't think this is a league problem. The advantage of knowing when beacon spawns will drop is SO HUGE that any league that got the info is highly likely to end up using it.

The point is how Plarium have allowed their process to confer massive advantages on some leagues and not others leagues. This is a strategy game where my team starts the game without a queen on the board. It's just utterly unfair and unreasonable and has to be stopped.

But this kind of makes my whole point about the current situation - a small number of people who are not representative of the server as a whole have been given significant privileges, influence and inside info. 

This just bit Plarium on the backside in a big way - when all leagues who weren't privy to the beacon drop info find out that other were, there are going to be a lot of unhappy people. Who knows in what other ways the "inside" leagues get to drive advantage through this broken system. 

So I strongly want someone who represents my interest to "have a say" also.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
Lord Oberon
Administrator
8 February, 2016, 1:18 PM UTC

Lord DJMoody, 

The information about beacons isn't confidential. I'm not entirely sure what happened, but I assume that a league member wrote to Plarium  Helpdesk or one of the community managers and asked when new beacons will be released. The only answer he or she could have received is "Soon". Anyone could have gotten the same answer and I don't think it gives any strategic advantage to the person who received it.

All leagues are equal.
Oberon, Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall
UTC +2:00
djmoody
9 February, 2016, 12:44 AM UTC

Lord Oberon said:

Lord DJMoody, 

The information about beacons isn't confidential. I'm not entirely sure what happened, but I assume that a league member wrote to Plarium  Helpdesk or one of the community managers and asked when new beacons will be released. The only answer he or she could have received is "Soon". Anyone could have gotten the same answer and I don't think it gives any strategic advantage to the person who received it.

All leagues are equal.

Well your own moderator is contradicting what you wrote, a couple of posts above. I guess you didn't read the thread well enough before posting the above lie.

I didn't need it confirmed for me anyway, it was blatantly clear from conversations with other leagues that some people knew in advance.

So you have a leak.

And yes its a MASSIVE problem.

The above post just inflamed the situation even more. Don't try to defend the indefensible. Be honest, now is the time to to fess up and fix it so this never happens again.

Please make the next post a serious and well considered one or I suggest don't post at all.
Mehnslayer
9 February, 2016, 4:30 AM UTC

DJ this exact topic was raised on Facebook and I asked a person who said they were ready.... His response to how he knew is by monitoring past drops and predicting based on the activity.

So it may not be a leak more or less just a prediction because they tend to happen around the same time as updates... And the next update has been hinted at for at least 3 weeks.

Lord Oberon
Administrator
9 February, 2016, 12:52 PM UTC
So you have a leak.
And yes its a MASSIVE problem.

I appreciate the information that you've provided, my Lord. We'll investigate this and make sure that information leaks that can give potential advantage to some leagues do not happen ever again.

Oberon, Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall
UTC +2:00
1667346 users registered; 34156 topics; 253914 posts; our newest member:Worrior011