Ask Oberon anything

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Dec 23, 2015, 06:1312/23/15

car6006 said:

Gadheras said:

car6006 said:

Thanks - there's just no purpose of this game... It's like it's just there, doesnt do anything... 

Hello,

Why is this game NEVER ENDING - it just goes on and on with out any purpose?

thanks

You can't really make this game round, or season based. Due to the time it take to aquire all the techs/scrolls. Also, people would get very uppset if they start throw away thousands of USD worth on this game (yes there is those silly enough to do that) and they start over.

The game is over when you realise its not worth it anylonger and find another game to play basicaly -)

Well, there are still a big bunch of idiots that keep playing.

They still play for themselves as well as for their leagues.

The dumbest are the ones that spend money to play.
Dec 23, 2015, 09:3112/23/15
07/25/15

gaianeka said:

car6006 said:

Gadheras said:

car6006 said:

Thanks - there's just no purpose of this game... It's like it's just there, doesnt do anything... 

Hello,

thanks

You can't really make this game round, or season based. Due to the time it take to aquire all the techs/scrolls. Also, people would get very uppset if they start throw away thousands of USD worth on this game (yes there is those silly enough to do that) and they start over.

The game is over when you realise its not worth it anylonger and find another game to play basicaly -)

Well, there are still a big bunch of idiots that keep playing.

They still play for themselves as well as for their leagues.

The dumbest are the ones that spend money to play.

No. games such as these need funding to stay up, there is people that have this as a job to run and maintain them bills to be paid etc. Just the business model totaly suck for players. As its all about try bleed as much cash out of the players as possible rather than try to give them the best possible gaming experience and thus make them spend cash that way.

There is just a couple things I spend cash on in this game, and over time that is no more than what I would like pay for a sub in SWTOR or spend on any other mmo out there.

This game have so much potentional to be a great game, due to the nature of the interaction with other players and the sandbox, but Plarium holding it back. *sad panda*

Lord OberonCharacter
Dec 23, 2015, 09:3512/23/15
01/06/15

Invokers said:

My question to Lord Oberon and only Lord Oberon:

Will you ever solve the bugs that all the players constantly mention on the forum or you would just continue to bring in features which bring short term benefits for plarium. There are heaps of bugs in newly added Hamlets (not to mention how much they suck). By any chance are they ever going to get solved. One of the issues I posted about in "Help and Support" section and looks like plarium has turned a blind eye towards it. Only if it was a feature that was beneficial for plarium then it would have been fixed the very next day (maybe even earlier then that).

Greetings, my Lord! Thank you for your question. The bugs that are mentioned on the forums/reported to the Heldesk system are added to the list of bugs that need to fixed. Portions of them are fixed in each update. Often new features bring new bugs (of course we test everything on our test servers before release, but live servers often reveal issues too), so the bug fix is a process that never stops.

The Hamlet bugs are being looked into as we speak and most of them will be fixed by the next patch. One should also understand that there are minor bugs and there are critical bugs. Naturally the critical ones get fixed quicker because the are assigned a higher priority.

In short, we fix as many bugs as possible 
Lord OberonCharacter
Dec 23, 2015, 09:4112/23/15
Dec 23, 2015, 09:41(edited)
01/06/15

car6006 said:

Hello,

thanks

My Lord, don't you find that in this regard the game is very similar to life? Life on Earth dates at least from 3.5 billion years ago and no one knows when it ends or it's purpose. 

Dec 23, 2015, 09:5612/23/15
07/25/15

Lord Oberon said:

car6006 said:

Hello,

thanks

My Lord, don't you find that in this regard the game is very similar to life? Life on Earth dates at least from 3.5 billion years ago and no one knows when it ends or it's purpose. 

the sun will fade and die, lights out.

Know what would been cool? if this game had seasons, like actual winter, summer, etc... and each gave bonus and penalities as in real world. And actual objectives and goals the players need to reach together even they fight amongs themselfs too. Why doesn't the orc hordes attack player castles or Oberons castle?

Lord OberonCharacter
Dec 23, 2015, 10:4312/23/15
01/06/15

Gadheras said:

Know what would been cool? if this game had seasons, like actual winter, summer, etc... and each gave bonus and penalities as in real world. And actual objectives and goals the players need to reach together even they fight amongs themselfs too. Why doesn't the orc hordes attack player castles or Oberons castle?

While this would add a whole new layer of realism to the game, Stormfall is still a primarily a war/PvP game, not a sandbox or life simulator and the amount of work to implement all these things would be huge. I agree that all this would be great, but realistically not going to happen in Stormfall. Maybe in one of the future Plarium games 
Dec 23, 2015, 10:5412/23/15
07/25/15

Lord Oberon said:

Gadheras said:

While this would add a whole new layer of realism to the game, Stormfall is still a primarily a war/PvP game, not a sandbox or life simulator and the amount of work to implement all these things would be huge. I agree that all this would be great, but realistically not going to happen in Stormfall. Maybe in one of the future Plarium games 

I would very much claim Stormfall is a sandbox, because the content is created by the players for greater part. Its the meta game and the player interaction that make this game what it is.

Dec 24, 2015, 11:0212/24/15
Dec 24, 2015, 11:02(edited)

Christmas is already so near.

Why is there no discount for castle improvements?

Lord OberonCharacter
Dec 24, 2015, 11:5412/24/15
01/06/15

There are other offers and also a quest to collect some presents has been launched today.

Happy Holidays!

Dec 24, 2015, 15:3312/24/15

Lord Oberon,

When are you going to shave your beard?

Or maybe at least dye it red or green?

Lord OberonCharacter
Dec 25, 2015, 10:1612/25/15
01/06/15
Not going to happen, my Lord. Beards are a huge trend in Darkshine. Have been for thousands of years. I prefer my natural color and hair dyes aren't good for you.
Dec 25, 2015, 19:5212/25/15
04/09/15
I understand this game is driven by greed, but starting a PvP event on Christmas is a reprehensible act. There is no reason why this couldn't wait one day.
Dec 25, 2015, 20:1812/25/15
07/25/15

MadameZelda said:

I understand this game is driven by greed, but starting a PvP event on Christmas is a reprehensible act. There is no reason why this couldn't wait one day.

Some celebrate xmas some doesnt. some celebrate the 24th, others the 25th, and so on.  Its a day for pvp as any other day.

Dec 25, 2015, 22:4712/25/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:10(edited)
11/05/14
I don't think that greed has anything to do with the date it happened on, the beacon tournament happened at the same time as the france attacks and everyone cried about it. It is a schedule, Plarium doesn't sit in their evil lair thinking of the perfect tournament at the perfect time to annoy people. I promise you, PvP normally runs on my time (Friday night) yesterday was no exception
Dec 26, 2015, 04:2812/26/15
07/25/15

Mehnslayer said:

Plarium doesn't sit in their evil lair thinking of the perfect tournament at the perfect time to annoy people. I promise you, PvP normally runs on my time (Friday night) yesterday was no exception

They do sit in their evil lair scheming thinking up more ways to bleed us though :p

Dec 26, 2015, 04:4212/26/15
Dec 26, 2015, 07:41(edited)

Jokes aside. On a more serious note, Lord Oberon, regarding the Battlegrounds, some say that if we get runes it means we will get less reward in terms of units joining us. So I have 3 questions for you related to this.

1. When we do Battleground quests that give out eldritch necros, eldritch dragons, eldritch knights, Legendary units like Fallen, Pegasus, and GW Dragon, and we lose a big chunk of our armies, but we won the battle and got the rewards (getting the eldritch units), will our units lost in the battle be in the resource bank that we can later cash out in subsequent battlegrounds? Or will those lost units be unaccounted because we have already gotten our payout/reward in those fixed eldritch/Legendary units?

2. How true is it really that if we get skull runes, that it is as good as getting units, and/or it reduces our resource bank and we end up getting less units as payout in future non-quest battlegrounds? If so, what is the worth of resources per skull rune?

3. If I hit a battleground until it gets to yellow bar and I don't finish it and I wait for a week before finishing it. Will this battleground replenishes, i.e. gets from yellow bar back to full?
Dec 26, 2015, 08:4812/26/15
07/25/15

gaianeka said:

3. If I hit a battleground until it gets to yellow bar and I don't finish it and I wait for a week before finishing it. Will this battleground replenishes, i.e. gets from yellow bar back to full?

They don't replenish. You can spend long time yellow bar all your BG's then when there is a BG event you can start complete them all to get most out of it.

Dec 26, 2015, 08:5912/26/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:51(edited)
11/05/14

gaianeka said:

Jokes aside. On a more serious note, Lord Oberon, regarding the Battlegrounds, some say that if we get runes it means we will get less reward in terms of units joining us. So I have 3 questions for you related to this.

1. When we do Battleground quests that give out eldritch necros, eldritch dragons, eldritch knights, Legendary units like Fallen, Pegasus, and GW Dragon, and we lose a big chunk of our armies, but we won the battle and got the rewards (getting the eldritch units), will our units lost in the battle be in the resource bank that we can later cash out in subsequent battlegrounds? Or will those lost units be unaccounted because we have already gotten our payout/reward in those fixed eldritch/Legendary units?

2. How true is it really that if we get skull runes, that it is as good as getting units, and/or it reduces our resource bank and we end up getting less units as payout in future non-quest battlegrounds? If so, what is the worth of resources per skull rune?

1- Saga quests (the battlegrounds that give these units) do not contribute to your bank, the rewards for these are fixed. 

2- I can't say for certain, but I highly doubt that skull runes would reduce unit payout.

3- Battlegrounds will not replenish overtime
Dec 26, 2015, 17:5112/26/15

dear oberon

a friend of my league ask me if he relocate his castle then can he return at the same place he was before

Dec 26, 2015, 20:5712/26/15
Feb 3, 2020, 12:06(edited)
sison said:

dear oberon

a friend of my league ask me if he relocate his castle then can he return at the same place he was before

He will need to use 2 gateways of relocation
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.