This topic is closed

Ask Oberon anything

246 Replies
Lord Oberon
Administrator
19 November, 2015, 9:29 AM UTC

AtheistMage said:


Hi Oberon,

My question is which is your favourite league in the game and why is it King of Kings?

Hahaha! Good one 

But honestly, alomost all of them. It is very pleasing to observe how Lords and Ladies interact with each other, how they find like-minded warriors and go towards a common goal. Basically any well-organized league that has integrity has my respect and appreciation.

Oberon, Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall
UTC +2:00
Lord Oberon
Administrator
19 November, 2015, 9:41 AM UTC

srlilley1 said:


Why is it that our castles can be attacked when we are offline and unable to make strategic moves!!  :(

Good question, my Lord. This element of the game is as close to real life as it gets. The enemy always attacks when you least expect the attack, or you aren't not ready to fight. Nevertheless, when you go offline, you can leave your Castle defended. Good defensive force can actually defend the castle, fighting off enemy attacks, or simply scare the enemy only by their presence. Remember what lord Benjamin Franklin said: "By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail".

Also how can we locate the castle that attacked our castle, so we can provide a little retribution?

This is vey easy. Just open the battle report and use the Avenge button in the bottom right corner of the report! 


Oberon, Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall
UTC +2:00
Gadheras
19 November, 2015, 4:42 PM UTC


Imho, best defence is not to defend and just put your units in catacombs when you go offline. Because log back in again and find all your defence dead is not particular fun.



UTC +2:00
sison
21 November, 2015, 1:19 PM UTC

hi lord oberon if see my letter i have a question my teamate gave me and neither me can help on it


when a castle is under bisiege and you put reinfirecment does it work like liberate?
UTC +0:00
Mehnslayer
21 November, 2015, 2:53 PM UTC
If a player has a castle besieged, the "send reinforcements" button for any player except yourself will actually liberate the besiege, even if you are allied/league members of the player besieging
E 'n la sua volontade è nostra pace
UTC +10:00
sison
21 November, 2015, 4:57 PM UTC
ow thank you this is i observe by testing that,thanks
UTC +0:00
Lord Oberon
Administrator
23 November, 2015, 12:02 PM UTC
Gadheras said:


Imho, best defence is not to defend and just put your units in catacombs when you go offline. Because log back in again and find all your defence dead is not particular fun.



By doing this you are just making sure you don't lose any units. But it could be that you actually would like to hurt your opponents instead of just avoiding them.
Oberon, Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall
UTC +2:00
Gadheras
23 November, 2015, 3:52 PM UTC

Lord Oberon said:


Gadheras said:



Imho, best defence is not to defend and just put your units in catacombs when you go offline. Because log back in again and find all your defence dead is not particular fun.



By doing this you are just making sure you don't lose any units. But it could be that you actually would like to hurt your opponents instead of just avoiding them.

Yes, because some big dude steamroll your units, that is REALLY hurting them. I know Plarium like us to rev units for Cash, but come on...

There is always someone big enough to give you a bad day, or well ever weeks and months in this game.



UTC +2:00
Mehnslayer
23 November, 2015, 8:02 PM UTC
I have kept some units out overnight expecting incoming, however my area might be a unique situation. No one that has any influence attacks each other, its always the level 50-60s that blindly raid us. So maybe my view is invalid but sometimes I have found it strategic to do it, but I dont always recommend it
E 'n la sua volontade è nostra pace
UTC +10:00
Falcon
24 November, 2015, 3:01 AM UTC

Lord Oberon,


I am familiar with the concept of banking battlegrounds & collecting a payout. My question pertains to legendary units in BGs, how exactly do they get counted? I ask as I have been wondering if I should turn in my heroes & niathis. 


Thank you for your time!
UTC +0:00
Mehnslayer
24 November, 2015, 3:18 AM UTC
Falcon said:

Lord Oberon,


I am familiar with the concept of banking battlegrounds & collecting a payout. My question pertains to legendary units in BGs, how exactly do they get counted? I ask as I have been wondering if I should turn in my heroes & niathis. 


Thank you for your time!
I personally would not recommend this, Famu (Facebook mod) has written a guide outlining that all units do add to the bank, however units that are not created from resources are worth far less then units that are. I dont know the exact number but it might be something like 100 archers = 1 niathi or something similar, I personally would not recommend it.
E 'n la sua volontade è nostra pace
UTC +10:00
sison
24 November, 2015, 3:41 PM UTC

hi dear oberon dear moderators anyone is available see my question i would apreciate the time you spent on it.


i understand we can 't say the mechanics of the game but i will try express somethink .


lets say we have 2 units(x+x) and they play against one unit(y)

the attack of every x units is 50

the attack of the y unit is 100


so we have equal offensive  power.

lets say now the deffense  of every x is the half of the y

so we have equal deffense also ,

the results of crashing eatch other in case of both play like attackers will be?


all this on my try to understand the killing system


if something must be secret from the companyi i ll respect it completly you can trust me i understand :)
UTC +0:00
buster8855
25 November, 2015, 12:51 AM UTC
how do we earn soulstones in the new server with no events
UTC +0:00
Tamerin
25 November, 2015, 5:09 AM UTC

sison said:


hi dear oberon dear moderators anyone is available see my question i would apreciate the time you spent on it.


i understand we can 't say the mechanics of the game but i will try express somethink .


lets say we have 2 units(x+x) and they play against one unit(y)

the attack of every x units is 50

the attack of the y unit is 100


so we have equal offensive  power.

lets say now the deffense  of every x is the half of the y

so we have equal deffense also ,

the results of crashing eatch other in case of both play like attackers will be?


all this on my try to understand the killing system


if something must be secret from the companyi i ll respect it completly you can trust me i understand :)

As far as I'm aware it works under this system.  The attacking force basically has first strike.  So.  In the case of an attack the attacking units tally as one overall total we'll in this case call the attacking unit A.  and the defending unit(s) we'll call D.  Now being that the defending units consist of defense ratings R for each unit type.  which we will designate CR for cavalry BR for Bestiary, OR for occult, and IR for infantry.   Here's how I believe it works.

(*)A=(n)B+(n)O+(n)C+(n)I Total offense points.

D1=(n)IR/(n)I 

D2= (n)CR/(n)C

D3=(n)OR/(n)O

D4=(n)BR/(n)B


If (n)IR > (n)I then (n)I-(n)IR= Attack force remaining.  So if your defense exceeds your offense the calculations should be that your offense will be eliminated entirely and a portion of your defense will remain.


If equal both will diminish equally

If the Offense exceeds the defense then the offensive points will carry through.

I believe this is how it works.




Tamerin33
UTC +0:00
Lord Oberon
Administrator
25 November, 2015, 10:33 AM UTC
Falcon said:

Lord Oberon,


I am familiar with the concept of banking battlegrounds & collecting a payout. My question pertains to legendary units in BGs, how exactly do they get counted? I ask as I have been wondering if I should turn in my heroes & niathis. 


Thank you for your time!
My advise - don't use your Legendary Units on Battlegounds if you treasure them. Or use at your own risk. You could lose them, and most probably will 
Oberon, Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall
UTC +2:00
Lord Oberon
Administrator
25 November, 2015, 10:35 AM UTC
buster8855 said:

how do we earn soulstones in the new server with no events
My Lord, please rest assured that there will be events soon where you will be able to earn them.
Oberon, Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall
UTC +2:00
Mehnslayer
25 November, 2015, 10:45 AM UTC

In the event that it is a 50:50,

Each player will lose 50% of each unit group (if you have 100 wyverns and 50 archers, you will lose 25 archers and 50 wyverns for example)

The system itself calculates the total offense + defense for both sides together, say its 100k + 100k = 200k battle

It then divides the total, in this case 200k into what percent each player has, for example

  • 200k = 100%
  • 150k = 75%
  • 100k = 50%
  • 50k = 25%
In this case it is 50:50 as its 100k vs 100k, so both sides would lose equal to 50% of each unit group.... This is why you will always lose more of troops you have more of, its not based on quality it is strictly the amount of each unit


In system works the same for all numbers, assuming it was a 50k defense and a 150k offense it would be added to a total of 200k then divided based on the difference between the offense and defense, in this case 50k = 25% of 200k so the defender would lose 75% of all his units and 150k = 75% of 200k so the offense would lose 25% of each unit group.

E 'n la sua volontade è nostra pace
UTC +10:00
Lord Oberon
Administrator
25 November, 2015, 10:52 AM UTC
the attack of every x units is 50
the attack of the y unit is 100
so we have equal offensive power.

The game is programmed in such way that a situation where two absolutely equal forces clash with other is highly unlikely. Just like in real life. 

Oberon, Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall
UTC +2:00
Top
25 November, 2015, 2:40 PM UTC

Lord Oberon, 

We have all sorts of Legendary units, why isn't there a Legendary Thief like Ali Baba?


Top
Top
UTC +7:00
sison
25 November, 2015, 8:21 PM UTC

thanks for answers if something i dont understand and i need help i will tell you,


thanks!!

UTC +0:00
1723342 users registered; 42954 topics; 272564 posts; our newest member:tclark1