How many Leagues have you been in?

21 Reply
Red
26 August, 2016, 6:37 AM UTC

I started off in a league associated with 75th Rangers.  It was 75th Rangers and some battalion number.  I left because leadership vanished.  The marshall stopped logging, most of the higher levels went to Destiny, and the remaining Captain sent a league letter saying the marshall was probably gone for good, then he left the league too.

I followed a friend to dragonskeep.  The community there was great; a group of us who had all started around the same time were very active in chat, helping each other, and basically making being there fun.  The league had a falling out due to issues with AOC and ASL that the marshall kept concealed from the rest of the league until it exploded into war.  Suddenly being in a war with no warning, no preparation, and over issues we didn't even know had been problems did not sit well with anyone.  People looked to the Captains to figure out what was going on, but the Captains had been kept in the dark too; all we were told was to blindly follow the marshall.  I was kicked because I discovered the marshall had lied to us about several things and refused to follow on blind faith.  I know there is always a risk of spies in chat, but one can still prepare a league for war without giving away the important parts of the game plan; I suspect things would have turned out much better if we'd known it was coming and had a rough idea what our goal was.  

It was hard to choose between joining a friend in Teutonic Knights or joining a friend in a new league he'd recently started up.  Other leagues had also offered me a spot, but I wanted to stay clear of any league that might end up fighting with dragonskeep, since I felt that would give me significant conflict of interest.  I thought it might be more fun to be part of building a new league, so I went to Emperors and have been there ever since.  

UTC +0:00
ThatGuy
28 August, 2016, 9:23 PM UTC
I've been in Emperors since I started playing, almost a year ago =)
UTC +6:00
1783412 users registered; 48657 topics; 288239 posts; our newest member:vyachelav