How many Leagues have you been in?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Lord OberonCharacter
Oct 16, 2015, 11:0510/16/15
01/06/15

Lords and Ladies, tell us about your adventures in Darkshine. How many Leagues have you been in? Have you ever left a League, and if so, why?

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 16, 2015, 18:5210/16/15
07/11/13
I've been in King of Kings my entire gaming time in Stormfall and I intend to keep it that way.
Oct 17, 2015, 07:3910/17/15
03/13/15

I had been in T.I.L. Warriors and then to The AOC..

Had left T.I.L. Warrior as it did not have a very active chat even though the Marshal was a good man.. but u need atleast an active chat to have more fun in the game.
Oct 17, 2015, 11:5210/17/15
07/25/15

First league I joined was due to some of its members was very active in the region chat. Some very nice players, but turned out there was no active leadership and officers. Marshall keept demand everyone to send their def to the becon and if you didn't you was called a spy. (cute!). Tried to point out a few things to the Marshall and got told she was a very busy business woman and didnt have the time.

Some of the more active ones left to another league I did follow. Very active league, but turned out there was different rules for different folks. A core clique that could do as they wanted for most parts. (at least how it looked like). Got booted for follow the example of an officer. Do as we say, don't do as we do. right...

Current league got active players, very active Marshall, inactives get purged fast and no drama bullshit.

Oct 18, 2015, 02:5710/18/15
05/10/14

I began my adventure in Stormfall as a member of God of War, which lasted about two weeks when I was invited to join KOCII.  Despite the disparaging remarks from some about the character and reputation of my league, I have found a home and friends (some of the best I've ever played with) and I will stay in KOC until this game dies or I do. 

But that said, yes I love to play the game but without good friends, a game is boring and without a good purpose.  TG I have found really good friends in KOC or I'd have left a long time ago.

Ani

Lord OberonCharacter
Oct 19, 2015, 15:0610/19/15
01/06/15
LadyDominatrix said:

without good friends, a game is boring and without a good purpose.  

That is quite right. Finding good friends is a key part of the game. One can play solo, but that is not what Stormfall is about. For genuine Stormfall experience a good league is required. 
Oct 20, 2015, 00:1510/20/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:44(edited)
11/05/14

I've been apart of Teutonic Knights since I began the game, and I mean to keep it so. Teutonic Knights is a wonderful league. I started off as a simple recruit, and made my way up the ranks. Currently, I am a Captain. I, along with the Marshall and other Captains help keep Teutonic Knights a wonderful league to be apart of.

I've made excellent friends, and we work very well together. Our league is very tight with one another, and we've become a very tight knit family.

Oct 30, 2015, 22:1210/30/15
08/01/15

I started my gaming life as a Dacian - an arbitrary choice - and I had no idea what to expect. I pottered along, gradually leveling up and slowly climbing up through the ranks. The league chat room was very quiet and the marshal was not any more visible in the chat room than his officers and it was explained by someone that he was bringing people in through the academy and purging the ones who hadn't logged in for 4 days. 

OK, what did I know? 

After a remarkably short time, I found  I'd been made Captain of the league. In one of very few notes from the marshal, I was told I'd earned it by simply logging in each day. The point is that I had no clue what an active league should be like; no leadership to speak of, so example to follow. Even so, I tried to encourage interaction in the chat room. To my way of thinking, communication is paramount in this game and leagues will always do better than individuals, so making friends and talking to them cannot be dismissed as simply 'the done thing'.

My term as Captain lasted about two weeks until a friend within the league told me that he was forming his own league. When we left on the new adventure, I thought we would be a few lonely souls for a long while. Imagine my surprise when our allocation of 25 places was almost entirely filled with folks who followed for the chance to actually have friends, have a laugh and have fun in the chat room. 

Our new Marshal is active, the officers are busy, the chat room is usually buzzing and just over two weeks into the new league's journey, we've made a dozen very useful alliances and scores of friends outside of the league.

Sometimes, it pays to take a chance and shake things up. I don't see my future anywhere other than the Thunder Clan. 
Nov 1, 2015, 08:4111/01/15
01/12/15

My first league was Blood Redemption. As a little bit of trivia, my account was created at 12-01-15 the same date as BR creation lol. I join BR a day after I started playing, when there was a quest to join a league. I chose BR at that time because I like the name :) and it was ranked 300 something, which is good for a new player like me to try things, from my experience playing MMOs it sucks to join a big guild right when I started playing. Apparently the members knew each other quite well, very active, and willing to answer my questions regarding the games, trust me, in the beginning I asked lots of questions lol. Anw, due to my activity in the neighbourhood I  got attacked a lot, mostly by higher level more experienced players and because at the time I was really weak I always requested a WOD, and we thwarted lots of attacks hahaha. Oh one of the attacker even mailed me asking how did I get so much troops? And I asked him back, your league doesn't teach you about WOD?

Time pass by and my marshall inform me of a merge between BR and the vampires, or more like a migration really. Which I said sure. And here I am in the vampires. It doesnt matter what league I'm in, I'll follow my comrades from BR even if they don't want me to lol.
Nov 1, 2015, 11:2611/01/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:47(edited)
11/05/14
It's difficult undertand all if is not in your mother leanguege like me and the ather italian people...
Nov 2, 2015, 00:4011/02/15
08/05/14
Wouldn't that have been Friction? LOL   You guys DO seem to think he's everywhere. (I just couln't resist!)
Nov 5, 2015, 15:0511/05/15
Oct 12, 2020, 12:02(edited)

Gadheras, 

You could at least post what this new awesome league you're in :) 

Nov 10, 2015, 03:5411/10/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:56(edited)
11/05/14

I have been in 2 leagues, Crusaders which i clicked on top of list when game tutorial said join league, nice league, small but helped each other.

Then i learned to raid good and made top 7 or 10 or something and then recruited by KoK and am very happy there now.
Dec 6, 2015, 05:3012/06/15
Aug 17, 2019, 12:05(edited)

Jeesh, reading these I feel like a League hopper. 

1. Knight of BloodOath - League Marshall went inactive

2. AOC 

3. AOC2 - Brother started a League, so went to help him

4. Heedless

AOC full of good people and they have been through a heck of a roller coaster ride. Leaving the AOC family was a tough decision to make. 

Heedless, small but active and loyal. This is where I will stay, for personal reasons. 

Jan 1, 2016, 02:5701/01/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:58(edited)
11/05/14

Yup, I play on Untamed Lands, so people might not know them. But I was in "Fellowship Untamed", but I left because they wouldn't let me beat up someone my level who was picking on a low level player in our league since it might start a war. So I left.

Now I run my own league, Epitaph! :D It's only like, 3 hours old, but I brought some friends with me to help build it!

May 10, 2016, 08:4605/10/16
06/01/15

Good mornig to all Ladis and Lords, a question for you.

No italian language in the forum?

Sal
Jun 17, 2016, 01:4506/17/16
06/21/15

i have been with several leagues including

Unforg/ kings ..sidthe..Aust warlocks..where there marshall accused me of being a spy and raided my castle when i left... and was offline..lol

Kovadek hybrids/ dam nations/dam shield/fellows..legacy deuce which was a great league under Marty [ marshall ]

I dont bother with leagues..they all have spies in them ..cant trust marshalls or the members in  them.

beacons are worthless other than league stature ..there,s no real player advantage with them

so at this point i have not come across a worthwhile league...and doubt if there is one.

the only advantage to a league is quest rewards and lots of  league players dont do them so no advantage .

Jul 5, 2016, 22:0907/05/16
03/22/16
I have been in1 league on each Stormfall server. 1 Coalition in Sparta. 3 clans in Nords. I left the first one because it was mostly inactive players. Was ousted from the second for not developing my defense fast enough.
Jul 10, 2016, 04:3607/10/16
djmoody said:

I am just waiting for someone to say

all of them - I am the spy master general

Aug 26, 2016, 06:3708/26/16
03/01/15

I started off in a league associated with 75th Rangers.  It was 75th Rangers and some battalion number.  I left because leadership vanished.  The marshall stopped logging, most of the higher levels went to Destiny, and the remaining Captain sent a league letter saying the marshall was probably gone for good, then he left the league too.

I followed a friend to dragonskeep.  The community there was great; a group of us who had all started around the same time were very active in chat, helping each other, and basically making being there fun.  The league had a falling out due to issues with AOC and ASL that the marshall kept concealed from the rest of the league until it exploded into war.  Suddenly being in a war with no warning, no preparation, and over issues we didn't even know had been problems did not sit well with anyone.  People looked to the Captains to figure out what was going on, but the Captains had been kept in the dark too; all we were told was to blindly follow the marshall.  I was kicked because I discovered the marshall had lied to us about several things and refused to follow on blind faith.  I know there is always a risk of spies in chat, but one can still prepare a league for war without giving away the important parts of the game plan; I suspect things would have turned out much better if we'd known it was coming and had a rough idea what our goal was.  

It was hard to choose between joining a friend in Teutonic Knights or joining a friend in a new league he'd recently started up.  Other leagues had also offered me a spot, but I wanted to stay clear of any league that might end up fighting with dragonskeep, since I felt that would give me significant conflict of interest.  I thought it might be more fun to be part of building a new league, so I went to Emperors and have been there ever since.  

Aug 28, 2016, 21:2308/28/16
08/31/15
I've been in Emperors since I started playing, almost a year ago =)