FireBall Offense Vs. Castle Defense

19 Replies
RickB FoL
9 October, 2015, 3:39 AM UTC

It is well accepted among players I talk to that Fireballs changed the game... mostly for the worse if I or my friends are receiving them.


Why not allow my castle def bonus to operate against Fireballs?  So my trrops & my allies' troops are defended from FB attack by my castle def bonus.  I will lose fewer troops... my enemy will gain less PvP or off points... and he will look around for a less-defended castle.


And players who do nothing but throw FB will have to use troops instead of throwing & hiding... throwing & hiding.  Let's level the playing field back again.  Don't mistake me... I will throw FB as well.  But this will make the strategy more challenging than simply throwing at any and all castles.  It is a strategy game, right?


RickB, Marshall/KT-II
UTC +0:00
zapelo
9 October, 2015, 3:46 AM UTC
I agree 
UTC +0:00
Ridick of KOC 1
9 October, 2015, 3:54 AM UTC
But for some its all they can do in def against a number one or two league that just cant get enough they are number 1 but this dose not suit them so they pick and pick and pick at same sore till it festers then they get what one can do and that is fire bomb and if one is upset enough well a whole paycheck or more can fly just as those who spend money here do to be number one those who cant be number one have fire bombs
UTC +0:00
klonk_KoC
9 October, 2015, 4:02 AM UTC
I agree that fireballs has changed the game.  But, I think there should be a different way to protect yourself from fireballs.  A new sorcery spell called shield.  Once active, it would protect the castle from one fireball.  Of course, just like the fireball, you should be able to activate up to 10 shields at one time.
UTC +0:00
Lord Oberon
Administrator
9 October, 2015, 8:51 AM UTC

klonk_KoC said:


I agree that fireballs has changed the game.  But, I think there should be a different way to protect yourself from fireballs.  A new sorcery spell called shield.  Once active, it would protect the castle from one fireball.  Of course, just like the fireball, you should be able to activate up to 10 shields at one time.

My Lord, a spell that acts in a manner similar to the one that you have described, is already under development. 

Oberon, Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall
UTC +2:00
Snowgoon
9 October, 2015, 12:45 PM UTC

Double the price of Fireballs and remove their discount from the Wheel of Fortune

Give points to defenders from Fireball attacks


I honestly don't know what game devs were thinking when they added Fireballs. They have created a generation of lazy, armchair attackers who add nothing to the game, yet you give these idiots up to 80% discount to buy them.

I find the very idea of trying to sell us a new protection spell to be disgusting. We have ALREADY spent thousands of Sapphires building Castle Walls and Skins

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way - Pink Floyd - http://prnt.sc/dv923b
UTC +0:00
Gadheras
9 October, 2015, 2:02 PM UTC

Tony Hobson said:


Double the price of Fireballs and remove their discount from the Wheel of Fortune

Give points to defenders from Fireball attacks


I honestly don't know what game devs were thinking when they added Fireballs. They have created a generation of lazy, armchair attackers who add nothing to the game, yet you give these idiots up to 80% discount to buy them.

I find the very idea of trying to sell us a new protection spell to be disgusting. We have ALREADY spent thousands of Sapphires building Castle Walls and Skins


You can also ignore the cost of what you spent on the current sever and start on a new one fresh right? Oo


Fireballs should been a quest reward, thus made it more rare to use. We just had a league member get fireballed 25 times by just 3 different players.

The deeper they try dig into our wallets the more they chase players away, and no matter how many servers they spawn will fix that though.



UTC +2:00
djmoody
9 October, 2015, 6:09 PM UTC

Fireballs are horrible.

The only purpose they serve is making money for Plarium.

Should be removed from the game but I understand why they won't be.
Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
Nefer Nefergod
9 October, 2015, 8:04 PM UTC
 i agree with you all...
私はバーチャルだから私を離れさせない
UTC -7:00
IronApex Turok
11 October, 2015, 9:09 AM UTC
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
UTC +0:00
Red
11 October, 2015, 9:12 AM UTC

Fireballs have their strategic uses, but I hate them.  Those who use fireballs get low risk PvP points for killing stuff and the defender gets worst possible points because their troops die with nothing to kill.  

I don't advocate removing them from the game because they do have strategic uses, but I would recommend taking away the PvP points for using one.  Pretty simple, you want PvP, you gotta risk troops.  If you want to lop fireballs, do so to your heart's content, but you won't get points for it.  With teleportation and all the boosts you can get from buying some of the packs that are almost always for sale, distance is no longer an excuse to use fireballs.  You can teleport into their back yard or just boost your troops, turn a 11 hour trip into a few minutes.

Shield spell sounds like an expensive defense.  There is also the issue of how long it lasts; permanent until you get hit or wears off?  Do you get PvP for using it?  How much PvP for "killing" a fireball?  How many fireballs will a shield spell stop?  Each player can hit you with a max of 100 fireballs a day, so I'd say shields have to provide a lot of protection to be worth the sapphires.

UTC +0:00
SuperStar
19 October, 2015, 9:36 AM UTC
I would like to receive an answer too
UTC +3:00
Red
20 October, 2015, 7:15 PM UTC

SuperStar said:


I would like to receive an answer too

They probably don't know yet if its in development right now.  Hopefully the mods will be able to get this concern to the devs to that if they do make a shield spell, it will be worth while.


I'd also suggest making shield spells quest rewards so that even non $ players can benefit from them.  Otherwise you just create a dynamic where only $ can protect against $ spells.
UTC +0:00
Lord Oberon
Administrator
21 October, 2015, 8:29 AM UTC
Thank you for your interest! The measures against Fireballs are still in development. Details will be published as soon as I have them. 
Oberon, Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall
UTC +2:00
Xestos
25 March, 2016, 8:28 AM UTC

Lord Oberon said:


Thank you for your interest! The measures against Fireballs are still in development. Details will be published as soon as I have them. 

Any updates with this other than this             ?

Xestos
UTC +0:00
Gadheras
25 March, 2016, 8:37 AM UTC

Xestos Destiny said:


Lord Oberon said:


Thank you for your interest! The measures against Fireballs are still in development. Details will be published as soon as I have them. 

Any updates with this other than this   ?

You got your protection spells now. Open your wallet, if you need them.


UTC +2:00
Xestos
25 March, 2016, 8:44 AM UTC

Gadheras said:


Xestos Destiny said:


Lord Oberon said:


Thank you for your interest! The measures against Fireballs are still in development. Details will be published as soon as I have them. 

Any updates with this other than this   ?

You got your protection spells now. Open your wallet, if you need them.


Problem with those is that all it does is defers the fireball throwing until the spell wears off. I was actually hoping they would bring a spell out which neutralizes the effect of a fireball so the thrower actually ends up wasting something. Also you don't need to spend money to get the protection spell - you can actually use your soulstones.

Xestos
UTC +0:00
Gadheras
25 March, 2016, 9:13 AM UTC
Xestos Destiny said:

Gadheras said:


Xestos Destiny said:


Lord Oberon said:


Thank you for your interest! The measures against Fireballs are still in development. Details will be published as soon as I have them. 

Any updates with this other than this   ?

You got your protection spells now. Open your wallet, if you need them.


Problem with those is that all it does is defers the fireball throwing until the spell wears off. I was actually hoping they would bring a spell out which neutralizes the effect of a fireball so the thrower actually ends up wasting something. Also you don't need to spend money to get the protection spell - you can actually use your soulstones.

You are spending one way or the other, and those spells is what you got.
UTC +2:00
jumy
25 March, 2016, 9:37 AM UTC

Lord Oberon said: 21 October, 2015, 8:29 AM UTC

Thank you for your interest! The measures against Fireballs are still in development. Details will be published as soon as I have them. 

see date :(

The truth hurts
UTC +12:00
Jezebel
25 March, 2016, 9:56 AM UTC
Get rid of fireballs it is more entertaining to use actual troops to play the game.
UTC +0:00
1720893 users registered; 42364 topics; 270863 posts; our newest member:wiperini