This topic is closed

Change the Rank at which Beacon Defence becomes visible

125 Replies
djmoody
23 February, 2016, 2:51 PM UTC

Simple change that would take hardly any time to code. Promised to us in the next major update which was fortress but not done.

Is there a point to providing feedback?

If the largest leagues on the server all come together to make 1 simple request and nothing happens, can only assume that there is never going to be any hope of anyone being able to make successful game suggestions.

Zero input (although a forum mod could Skype Plarium with their suggestions) despite not even playing this version of the game - wtf.

WAKE UP PLARIUM

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
Mehnslayer
24 February, 2016, 1:41 AM UTC
lwonderly said:

So why can't we get an update on this request? It seems to have a lot of backing of many leagues. You do it with the off/def stats, why not the beacon stats as well? Shouldn't be rocket science here.

LW
As far as I am aware the developers are currently working on re-balancing fortresses, although that is just word of mouth
E 'n la sua volontade è nostra pace
UTC +10:00
Drogar61
24 February, 2016, 2:39 AM UTC
Mehnslayer said:

lwonderly said:

So why can't we get an update on this request? It seems to have a lot of backing of many leagues. You do it with the off/def stats, why not the beacon stats as well? Shouldn't be rocket science here.

LW
As far as I am aware the developers are currently working on re-balancing fortresses, although that is just word of mouth
You really should to read title of this thread 
Mehnslayer
24 February, 2016, 3:03 AM UTC
Drogar61 said:

Mehnslayer said:

lwonderly said:

LW
You really should to read title of this thread 
He asked for an update on the request, the update was currently the developers are working on re-balancing fortresses. Or at least so I am told.
Drogar61
24 February, 2016, 5:59 AM UTC

@Mehnslayer:

OK, but I think that he spoke about beacon not fortress. 

Lady Nerium KT-S2
29 February, 2016, 5:30 PM UTC

Tony Hobson said:

I fully support the suggestion that all League Stats, Inactivity and Beacon Defenses should only be visible to high ranking officers ....

..... but I find the reasons stated in this thread to be rather worrying

The main reason seems to be because most league officers fear the threat of infiltration by spies - these spies are invariably alt accounts.
Booting a suspected spy is pointless because they can easily change their name and castle location, remove their friends and allies, and then re-apply to the same Legion.

It would be much more sensible to tackle the root causes instead of keeping all League members at the rank of Soldier.

Plarium needs to do much more to track down alt accounts and bot accounts on this server = problem solved

Protecting important League information and preventing spies from seeing it is the major reason I want to be able to control who can see that information on an individual basis, not by generic rank. I fully agree that we need to be able to promote our players; it shows their growth within the league, and is a matter of pride and trust.  

Spies are a reality in any game of this type and are employed by ALL the leagues, whether they're alts or just randomly recruited players, so get over it and move on. The issue isn't that they are in every league, it's that you can't control what they might see. Adding another selection for leadership to activate (as it currently is for DE usage) would solve that.

Another problem, as you stated above, is that a player can change their name, move, and voila! new player with nice stats, all set to get an invite from another league, or the same league unfortunately.  This is something Plarium should address as a totally separate issue. Even if the player has no ulterior motive, it is terribly confusing to have people suddenly switch identities. How can we possibly help identify Alts if we can't tag behavior and play patterns to a particular player name? 

I think, therefore I game.
UTC +5:00
Gadheras
29 February, 2016, 5:39 PM UTC

Just make it so you can see a  players previous names and locations in his player profile.

UTC +2:00
Lady Nerium KT-S2
29 February, 2016, 6:06 PM UTC
Gadheras said:

Just make it so you can see a  players previous names and locations in his player profile.

I'd love to be able to see which Leagues they've been in as well. 
I think, therefore I game.
UTC +5:00
Stewart
29 February, 2016, 11:27 PM UTC
Poke again
Noodle maker extreme
crazy4years
2 March, 2016, 9:43 AM UTC

I would really like to know why as a marshal I am given controls that absolutely do nothing. They do not work. It appears I can control troops leaving the beacon, wrong. It appears I can set the stats to be visible only to myself and captains, wrong again. It appears I can control who can activate features on the fortress, another wrong. I have set it so that no one can see beacon facts except captains and marshals, and again wrong. I have asked every level of player to give me specific numbers off the stats they are not to see and they can. These are vital in the game play. Of course we know we have other leagues in our membership and need to control what is said in general, but if I cannot keep stats invisible to all, then it is senseless. A screenshot of my beacon defense was posted on regional chat. How sweet is that? Might as well stand the troops outside against a wall for slaughter if these controls will not be effective. Please get it right. 

UTC +6:00
Mehnslayer
2 March, 2016, 10:07 AM UTC

Crazy these options are adjustable within the league interface tab themselves, there should be a little cogwheel on the top bar in the statistics tab you can use to adjust who can see the units, you most likely have that enabled for others besides captains to see. As for the fortress, only those with permission in the members can actually use tomes to upgrade the fortress. 

If these didn't actually work, (you are the first person I have seen have this issue) you might need to ticket the help desk and ask them for help
Skycooldude
5 March, 2016, 11:59 PM UTC
poke... again...
Crowley KTI
6 March, 2016, 12:08 AM UTC
This would be a great idea.
Crowley KTI
UTC +6:00
Dave K4P
6 March, 2016, 3:48 AM UTC
Let us add Knights Templar's voice to the desire fix this issue. We would be most interested in being able to determine which players have the need or ability to see team beacon defense. 
WallyFous
6 March, 2016, 3:48 PM UTC

And if you decide to go with giving the viewing rights individually like Dark Essence is done, please do not do it like the Fortress setup where the Marshall is the only one to set it. Captains will also need the ability to set individual flags.

Skycooldude
8 March, 2016, 2:42 AM UTC
bump
stormwatcher
8 March, 2016, 4:45 AM UTC
Five months ago this question was asked and still no definitive answer (or by omission I guess we have one)
Mehnslayer
8 March, 2016, 4:49 AM UTC
stormwatcher said:

Five months ago this question was asked and still no definitive answer (or by omission I guess we have one)
Unfortunately I can't provide that information, because I don't know... And I doubt a definitive answer will be given unless it is near the end of development.
djmoody
8 March, 2016, 8:06 PM UTC

We had our definitive answer today.

They would rather waste development time on boxes to further complicate the sapphire buying process.

Coding for this request is just a few hours work. Plarium don't give a monkeys. They are never going to work out that making the game better = more players = happy customers = more customers = more revenue.

They are happy with the game they have and want to cash cow it until it dies.

In honesty we are the stupid ones for still being here.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
Mehnslayer
9 March, 2016, 2:18 AM UTC
As mentioned in another post, I believe that the development process for the "bluelight" was done, maybe a year ago?
1718938 users registered; 42083 topics; 269749 posts; our newest member:Commander #2669357