Change the Rank at which Beacon Defence becomes visible

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Dec 28, 2015, 02:3612/28/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:06(edited)
11/05/14
djmoody said:

The big problem is though that Plarium use the forum moderator group for more than just forum moderation. That is where it the flawed selection process really starts to hurt, because then the privileged link to Plarium is utterly wasted (well presumably atm its down to two people).

I didn't entirely understand this part, are you able to elaborate please.
Lord OberonCharacter
Dec 28, 2015, 09:2612/28/15
01/06/15

My Lord, this topic should be maybe discussed in this thread http://forum.plarium.com/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/topics/moderator-roles-and-responsibilities/ 

Right now it feels like a bunch of people that are pulled out of a hat have more say and input than the most influential players combined. 

This is not like that at all. There are currently 3 moderators on this forum and I can guarantee that they know enough about the game to be giving advice and help fellow players on this forum, which the do admirably. Check all the topics Mehslayer, Juglar del Viento and Slorpanodark made in the Tutorials and other sections and their replies.

They volunteered to do this, just like any other player can. They don't have the privileges that you probably think they have. As Mehnlsayer said, their views are as important as yours. I personally think that being a mod doesn't make your life easier and we all should be grateful to them for what they do.

Dec 28, 2015, 11:5612/28/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:05(edited)
11/05/14
As I mentioned above ^ Glasher and Demoncat do not moderate the english forums, but they do moderate stormfall (I believe they moderate the german forums)
Dec 29, 2015, 04:4112/29/15
03/02/14

Mehnslayer said:

As I mentioned above ^ Glasher and Demoncat do not moderate the english forums, but they do moderate stormfall (I believe they moderate the german forums)

I would just like to say that I agree 100% with all of djmoody's past few post on this subject on these subject.

I have pretty much given up on this forum and trying to have plarium listen to the members in hopes of making this game better. But I truly feel our request go un answered 99% of the time and this one thread proves this more then anything in this game.

On a side note I do believe that the moderators do a great jump communicating and replying with stormfall members and there hands are prob tide most of the time being the middle man between plairum and the community.

But I have given up on trying to bring change.

Heres a request GIVE US BACK OUR SETTLEMENTS!

Dec 29, 2015, 05:0612/29/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:57(edited)
11/05/14

I think my words got twisted from what my intention was, yes we have privileges but it also comes with responsibility... We have just as much say as anyone else, one of our privileges is we do have a live connection to Plarium but my opinion means next to nothing unless the community backs the idea. If the moderators had their way the games would be so much different, be it better or worse. 

Plarium is trying to amend what the players feel like is a broken communication, this includes the post the AMA post done by Lord Oberon and the thread I made previously about opening up pathways. 

In life there will always be a hierarchy, its uncommon for a leaderless movement to work out or communism. In the ideal world I would think players should always be the bosses, and same with consumers for every other business. 

Would you recommend all moderators just go back to text book "did you try clearing your cache" and completely ignore the suggestions thread? I don't really know what you want DJ but from my perspective you are just as, if not (due to experience) more important in terms of ideas and suggestions then myself. 

Dec 29, 2015, 07:0512/29/15
03/02/14

Mehnslayer said: one of our privileges is we do have a live connection to Plarium but my opinion means next to nothing unless the community backs the idea. If the moderators had their way the games would be so much different, be it better or worse. 

I feel the community does back and support the moderators here. I know a lot of weight is put on the moderators to help bring change since you are the main contact to plairum for the whole community but to say the community does not support your ideas is wrong and I give the example of how hard you work on bring change for the troops building speed you setup up voting on many forums and had a lot of feed back but plarium in the end did nothing. just like this most important feature that all top leagues are requesting for the in this thread to change who can see beacon stats.

I have to ask Mehnslayer do you not find this frustrating yourself on how much information is passed along by you to never see any thing change that you have personal passed along to plarium?

its great plairum continues to develop the game and new features but there is a major disconnect to the changes and features the community wants and request to the features that plarium rolls out.

the community needs to be herd and respected by plaruim. this goes far beyond the moderators here who are just stock in the middle.

this thread clearly shows that plarium is not listening to there members along with all the other forums.

Dec 29, 2015, 07:2512/29/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:57(edited)
11/05/14

I think I should quit while i'm ahead haha...

I didn't mean the community doesn't support me or I don't support it... in the end I am part of the community, I just meant that the voices of a group will always be looked at more then the voice of a single person, 1 person unfortunately can not change the world. 

I do get frustrated, but then again so does everyone at certain things, in the end I enjoy the game and interacting with the community on the forums. 

I don't know why but pretty much everything I have said recently gets taken incorrectly, or from what I intended... maybe its just me.
Jan 6, 2016, 20:4401/06/16
07/11/13
bumping this thread yet again....  Hope to see this implemented soon, especially after the forum post about communication :D
Jan 7, 2016, 12:2701/07/16
Jan 7, 2016, 12:30(edited)

guys i dont think we all must lose the possibiity of view (instead leader captains i mean) our leaders should got this option allow or not to lower rank see if he trust them.

dont forget that some of us work on our leagues and we must know whats wrong,

ok accepted the captains and some commanders  whith the leader is the eyes of the beacon but instead of them we are active members of our league and the others people and we should have the right ask of of our leader give us the possibility of view or not

i didnt read all the pre history of the post but i say here my opinion because i have the fear that the view of beacon troop maybe is completely banned for lower ranks after that post and i dont want this happens ,,

if i am out of topic and you didnt talk about a completely ban for lower ranks then i ask sorry i did nt read all this but i said my opinion just

Lord OberonCharacter
Jan 8, 2016, 13:4001/08/16
01/06/15

Lord Sison, 

If this option is made marshal definable, for instance, you would just need to ask your Marshal nicely to let you see the information. I understand the need to hide this information from newcomers (possible spies).
Jan 8, 2016, 20:5401/08/16
Jan 8, 2016, 20:55(edited)

i have no problem dear oberon on this topic

leagues and older players will talk for this who know better the current mechanic of units view in the beacon according to the rank

thank you
Feb 14, 2016, 22:2402/14/16
07/11/13
poke
Feb 23, 2016, 14:2602/23/16
01/26/15

So why can't we get an update on this request? It seems to have a lot of backing of many leagues. You do it with the off/def stats, why not the beacon stats as well? Shouldn't be rocket science here.

LW
Feb 24, 2016, 01:4102/24/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:51(edited)
11/05/14
lwonderly said:

So why can't we get an update on this request? It seems to have a lot of backing of many leagues. You do it with the off/def stats, why not the beacon stats as well? Shouldn't be rocket science here.

LW
As far as I am aware the developers are currently working on re-balancing fortresses, although that is just word of mouth
Feb 24, 2016, 02:3902/24/16
06/22/14
Mehnslayer said:

lwonderly said:

LW
As far as I am aware the developers are currently working on re-balancing fortresses, although that is just word of mouth
You really should to read title of this thread 
Feb 24, 2016, 03:0302/24/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:51(edited)
11/05/14
Drogar61 said:

Mehnslayer said:

lwonderly said:

LW
You really should to read title of this thread 
He asked for an update on the request, the update was currently the developers are working on re-balancing fortresses. Or at least so I am told.
Feb 24, 2016, 05:5902/24/16
06/22/14

@Mehnslayer:

OK, but I think that he spoke about beacon not fortress. 

Feb 29, 2016, 17:3002/29/16
08/20/15

Tony Hobson said:

I fully support the suggestion that all League Stats, Inactivity and Beacon Defenses should only be visible to high ranking officers ....

..... but I find the reasons stated in this thread to be rather worrying

The main reason seems to be because most league officers fear the threat of infiltration by spies - these spies are invariably alt accounts.
Booting a suspected spy is pointless because they can easily change their name and castle location, remove their friends and allies, and then re-apply to the same Legion.

It would be much more sensible to tackle the root causes instead of keeping all League members at the rank of Soldier.

Plarium needs to do much more to track down alt accounts and bot accounts on this server = problem solved

Protecting important League information and preventing spies from seeing it is the major reason I want to be able to control who can see that information on an individual basis, not by generic rank. I fully agree that we need to be able to promote our players; it shows their growth within the league, and is a matter of pride and trust.  

Spies are a reality in any game of this type and are employed by ALL the leagues, whether they're alts or just randomly recruited players, so get over it and move on. The issue isn't that they are in every league, it's that you can't control what they might see. Adding another selection for leadership to activate (as it currently is for DE usage) would solve that.

Another problem, as you stated above, is that a player can change their name, move, and voila! new player with nice stats, all set to get an invite from another league, or the same league unfortunately.  This is something Plarium should address as a totally separate issue. Even if the player has no ulterior motive, it is terribly confusing to have people suddenly switch identities. How can we possibly help identify Alts if we can't tag behavior and play patterns to a particular player name? 

Feb 29, 2016, 17:3902/29/16
07/25/15

Just make it so you can see a  players previous names and locations in his player profile.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.