This topic is closed

Change the Rank at which Beacon Defence becomes visible

125 Replies
Invokers
22 December, 2015, 9:55 PM UTC

I am seeing this get bumped again and again after some time but still no sign of it getting implemented.

This feature is an absolute necessity.

Invokers
UTC +1:00
djmoody
24 December, 2015, 4:27 AM UTC

I think this is because they invite people who hardly play the game to be moderators (apparently they don't check out the accounts in any way) and then interact with only that small group with regards to up coming developments.

There are only 2 moderators that are even active in the forum, yet the others still have the direct line of communication with Plarium (as well as the free sapphires), are told about updates in advance etc etc.

I just spoke the marshal of a major league today and he has been trying to get in contact with one of his members that is a forum moderator. Finally when this not particularly active player got back to him, it turned out the player didn't even know how to raid for more than 50k. The guy has 2/3 forum posts. What use is that as a moderator (and the guy gets 2k free sapphires a week for doing nothing).

Then you get a thread like this, which is pretty much supported by the leadership of every major league in the game - these are all the players are most knowledgeable about the game and drive 99% of the content and activities in the game and yet they get ignored and not taken seriously.

It's a total joke.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
Mehnslayer
24 December, 2015, 5:53 AM UTC

Hardly play the game? I may not be perfect but I have a pretty good understanding of the game, except BG's which im pretty bad at. Only 2 moderators are really needed, Plenty of Plarium and moderators watch these forums, most are like Biohazard and are moderators for other games however. I don't know which moderator you are talking about but maybe if you find his lack of knowledge and responsiveness bad, you should message the corresponding Plarium rep, in SF's case Lord Oberon.

If you are unhappy with the moderators, or a specific moderator I suggest you talk to Plarium about it. I can personally say I try my best to do what I can, including keeping this suggestion alive with Plarium's community managers.
E 'n la sua volontade è nostra pace
UTC +10:00
djmoody
28 December, 2015, 2:07 AM UTC

There are 5 moderators. As far as I see on the forums, only ever seen 2 post. 

You are one of the posting moderators. As a forum moderator you are doing a great job.

But even you must question how they pick the moderators. The policy seems to be picking random players, you don't even have to be active in the forums apparently and it turns out as per the example I gave above aren't even active in the game. . How are they making these important decisions? This pot luck approach is a waste of everyone's time. They are lucky they hit you with the scatter gun.

The big problem is though that Plarium use the forum moderator group for more than just forum moderation. That is where it the flawed selection process really starts to hurt, because then the privileged link to Plarium is utterly wasted (well presumably atm its down to two people).

Either they need to start appointing some experienced players into the forum moderator group, or they need to start another group for game feedback to gather input on ideas and development prioritization.

All we have asked for (en masse as a group of the most influential players in the game)  is a tiny update the mechanics and code for which already exist in other features. What hope for making any large, complex or time consuming suggestions? 

Right now it feels like a bunch of people that are pulled out of a hat have more say and input than the most influential players combined. You get a hot line to Plarium, we get to write forum posts that are mainly ignored.

Something is very wrong here.

(and please don't take it personally, none of the above is aimed at you, Plarium just haven't though for 2 seconds about how to appropriately solicit quality input and feedback)

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
Mehnslayer
28 December, 2015, 2:26 AM UTC

As far as im aware there is 3 English stormfall moderators, not 5. I can PROMISE you that my views are just as important as yours and I have actually brought this thread up specifically several times. I am completely open to any feedback you wish to provide about me, as I have said several times I will always do my best for the community and the game. I personally believe that the disconnect you feel is that Plarium has multiple other games and because of that the community is split. 

You have made it very clear several times that you are a dedicated and intelligent person. I am very much a stubborn person and (for example) still believe build time reduction is needed, but you have certainly made me think about it. I can assure you that I am personally listening to these type of threads and any other I see to be quality suggestions. 

I'm not sure I can really disclose the moderation process (?) but I can tell you that Plarium does have some really good moderators, example being Shawna Moore on Facebook.

DJ, if you think/feel the forums are a "bad?" method of getting the point to developers on what the community wants, may I ask how you would go about looking into changing the way the community interacts or affects the game? An example I keep seeing come up is a way to poll/vote before an update has been released.. But is voting on something in development a good way to go about it?

Edit - Another thing I see come up is people want more open communication, maybe this is something we could add into the future updates but again, I don't have a clue how.

Glasher and Demoncat moderate the other languages.
Mehnslayer
28 December, 2015, 2:36 AM UTC
djmoody said:

The big problem is though that Plarium use the forum moderator group for more than just forum moderation. That is where it the flawed selection process really starts to hurt, because then the privileged link to Plarium is utterly wasted (well presumably atm its down to two people).

I didn't entirely understand this part, are you able to elaborate please.
Lord Oberon
Administrator
28 December, 2015, 9:26 AM UTC

My Lord, this topic should be maybe discussed in this thread http://forum.plarium.com/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/topics/moderator-roles-and-responsibilities/ 

Right now it feels like a bunch of people that are pulled out of a hat have more say and input than the most influential players combined. 

This is not like that at all. There are currently 3 moderators on this forum and I can guarantee that they know enough about the game to be giving advice and help fellow players on this forum, which the do admirably. Check all the topics Mehslayer, Juglar del Viento and Slorpanodark made in the Tutorials and other sections and their replies.

They volunteered to do this, just like any other player can. They don't have the privileges that you probably think they have. As Mehnlsayer said, their views are as important as yours. I personally think that being a mod doesn't make your life easier and we all should be grateful to them for what they do.

Oberon, Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall
UTC +2:00
djmoody
28 December, 2015, 11:52 AM UTC

They don't have the privileges that you probably think they have.

This isn't at all true. They can talk/write to you directly in a live two way conversation and be heard and taken notice of. One of the moderators is continually saying "I will take this up with Plarium for you". I just had a PM  from a moderator saying "I am having an incredibly in depth discussion with one of the community managers right now".

So when do I get my in depth discussion with the community managers if there is no privilege and we are all equal?

And that is my ENTIRE point. The forum mod role is now being used way outside of just forum moderation, now as a filter for player input and ideas. If I can convince a moderator to take up my idea, a moderator who has the ear of Plarium, my issue is quite likely to be dealt with. If I don't understand the power moderators have quietly been given or a moderator doesn't see or agree with my idea/issue it is significantly more unlikely it will be dealt with.

On the one hand it's great progress that Plarium are listening at least to someone. Now you need to find the time to interact and take feedback from the players that run and create all the content in your game for you. Like the couple of good moderators you have, these are people that take hours of their personal time, beyond just playing, to run league and run the game for you (without them there is very little MMO content). For the value they bring to your company they also deserve to be heard.

I look forward to hearing about how you will bring us also into the trusted circle of people you listen to directly and give feedback to directly.

Mehnslayer
28 December, 2015, 11:56 AM UTC
As I mentioned above ^ Glasher and Demoncat do not moderate the english forums, but they do moderate stormfall (I believe they moderate the german forums)
Techway_GrandMarshal
29 December, 2015, 4:41 AM UTC

Mehnslayer said:

As I mentioned above ^ Glasher and Demoncat do not moderate the english forums, but they do moderate stormfall (I believe they moderate the german forums)

I would just like to say that I agree 100% with all of djmoody's past few post on this subject on these subject.

I have pretty much given up on this forum and trying to have plarium listen to the members in hopes of making this game better. But I truly feel our request go un answered 99% of the time and this one thread proves this more then anything in this game.

On a side note I do believe that the moderators do a great jump communicating and replying with stormfall members and there hands are prob tide most of the time being the middle man between plairum and the community.

But I have given up on trying to bring change.

Heres a request GIVE US BACK OUR SETTLEMENTS!

Mehnslayer
29 December, 2015, 5:06 AM UTC

I think my words got twisted from what my intention was, yes we have privileges but it also comes with responsibility... We have just as much say as anyone else, one of our privileges is we do have a live connection to Plarium but my opinion means next to nothing unless the community backs the idea. If the moderators had their way the games would be so much different, be it better or worse. 

Plarium is trying to amend what the players feel like is a broken communication, this includes the post the AMA post done by Lord Oberon and the thread I made previously about opening up pathways. 

In life there will always be a hierarchy, its uncommon for a leaderless movement to work out or communism. In the ideal world I would think players should always be the bosses, and same with consumers for every other business. 

Would you recommend all moderators just go back to text book "did you try clearing your cache" and completely ignore the suggestions thread? I don't really know what you want DJ but from my perspective you are just as, if not (due to experience) more important in terms of ideas and suggestions then myself. 

Techway_GrandMarshal
29 December, 2015, 7:05 AM UTC

Mehnslayer said: one of our privileges is we do have a live connection to Plarium but my opinion means next to nothing unless the community backs the idea. If the moderators had their way the games would be so much different, be it better or worse. 

I feel the community does back and support the moderators here. I know a lot of weight is put on the moderators to help bring change since you are the main contact to plairum for the whole community but to say the community does not support your ideas is wrong and I give the example of how hard you work on bring change for the troops building speed you setup up voting on many forums and had a lot of feed back but plarium in the end did nothing. just like this most important feature that all top leagues are requesting for the in this thread to change who can see beacon stats.

I have to ask Mehnslayer do you not find this frustrating yourself on how much information is passed along by you to never see any thing change that you have personal passed along to plarium?

its great plairum continues to develop the game and new features but there is a major disconnect to the changes and features the community wants and request to the features that plarium rolls out.

the community needs to be herd and respected by plaruim. this goes far beyond the moderators here who are just stock in the middle.

this thread clearly shows that plarium is not listening to there members along with all the other forums.

Mehnslayer
29 December, 2015, 7:25 AM UTC

I think I should quit while i'm ahead haha...

I didn't mean the community doesn't support me or I don't support it... in the end I am part of the community, I just meant that the voices of a group will always be looked at more then the voice of a single person, 1 person unfortunately can not change the world. 

I do get frustrated, but then again so does everyone at certain things, in the end I enjoy the game and interacting with the community on the forums. 

I don't know why but pretty much everything I have said recently gets taken incorrectly, or from what I intended... maybe its just me.
Skycooldude
6 January, 2016, 8:44 PM UTC
bumping this thread yet again....  Hope to see this implemented soon, especially after the forum post about communication :D
Mehnslayer
7 January, 2016, 12:48 AM UTC

Skycooldude said:

bumping this thread yet again....  Hope to see this implemented soon, especially after the forum post about communication :D

http://forum.plarium.com/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/topics/ask-oberon-anything/9/#89112/ if that is anything to go by :)

sison
7 January, 2016, 12:27 PM UTC

guys i dont think we all must lose the possibiity of view (instead leader captains i mean) our leaders should got this option allow or not to lower rank see if he trust them.

dont forget that some of us work on our leagues and we must know whats wrong,

ok accepted the captains and some commanders  whith the leader is the eyes of the beacon but instead of them we are active members of our league and the others people and we should have the right ask of of our leader give us the possibility of view or not

i didnt read all the pre history of the post but i say here my opinion because i have the fear that the view of beacon troop maybe is completely banned for lower ranks after that post and i dont want this happens ,,

if i am out of topic and you didnt talk about a completely ban for lower ranks then i ask sorry i did nt read all this but i said my opinion just

Lord Oberon
Administrator
8 January, 2016, 1:40 PM UTC

Lord Sison, 

If this option is made marshal definable, for instance, you would just need to ask your Marshal nicely to let you see the information. I understand the need to hide this information from newcomers (possible spies).
Oberon, Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall
UTC +2:00
sison
8 January, 2016, 8:54 PM UTC

i have no problem dear oberon on this topic

leagues and older players will talk for this who know better the current mechanic of units view in the beacon according to the rank

thank you
Skycooldude
14 February, 2016, 10:24 PM UTC
poke
lwonderly
23 February, 2016, 2:26 PM UTC

So why can't we get an update on this request? It seems to have a lot of backing of many leagues. You do it with the off/def stats, why not the beacon stats as well? Shouldn't be rocket science here.

LW
LW
UTC -4:00
1658899 users registered; 33393 topics; 251733 posts; our newest member:Unknown_Ranger