Castle defense bonus vs A Fireball

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Sep 8, 2016, 23:5409/08/16
06/22/14

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Icoer said:

I guess I'm the odd man out here, but I like fireballs.  

I get great personal satisfaction out of knowing that someone spent money, to wipe out a small handful of troops that I made for free. The more they fireball me, the less $$ they have to do something that might actually hurt.

Good point 

Wrong point.

Theoretically it is good point, but in reality, real coiners spend money because they can, even on stupidities like games (not only Plariums).

There is a normal spending for any pleasure including gaming. Such people aren't coiners; they accept to give something to get something.

But there are people they simple have money for anything they want, because of many really different reasons, mostly to buy some kind of virtual life - they build own world (not only in computer virtuality). In Stormfall we have and had chance to see them and some of them explain why they did that. Over that there are people who cant easily spend huge amount of money on game, but still they can spend more than should be normal, and in such situation owner of the game use whatever it can to suggest money spending.

With those who cant spend almost anything, and those who spend whatever they want, good game has to make balance, and should allow all players similar chances, or at least chance to have same things. Logically, patient coiner will have much better conditions than patient non-coiner, but number of such cases will be small.

Instead of that, Plarium plays ugly game counting on middle/normal coiners making items possible only for real money, at same time destroying this game, but filling own pockets.

I admit that I admire that attitude a bit, because obviously produces results, but it can not be something that I will agree. Nor it will be good think for game. In turn, opinion like Icoer's cant be good point, at least for me.

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Sep 9, 2016, 06:5409/09/16
09/17/15

I understand what you mean, Drogar61.

It's not necessary that everyone will like that idea. It's individual. It's a subjective point of view. I think it's a good thing when people find something positive for themselves. Even in such situations. 

But I also agree that it can't be acceptable for everyone.
Sep 9, 2016, 08:4209/09/16
08/03/14

I have said this before. 

I am a reformed coiner. I played multiple accounts (like 20) and coined on them all. I was the marshal of the top 3 leagues in the game.  I had armies big enough to make and entire league wake up, log in, and see they have nothing left.

The developers went as far as deleting my armies. I just bought more.   Once they made the game where i could just buy my way to the top, it killed the game.  I could kill anyone with a credit card.  I could send waves of armies for weeks at a time. it just made players quit the game. 

point of the story is, shaping a game to cater to coiners is setting a deadline for the game to end.

if you want this game to go on perpetually, gear it for the F2P, spend money on customization and personalization of castle and heros. 
Sep 9, 2016, 19:1409/09/16
Sep 9, 2016, 19:15(edited)

roadstar Pitbull said:

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

wilkensrene said:

ok, that means there is no defence against fireballs
We will create one soon ;)
I have a much better idea, and easier..... remove fireballs instead. It truely has no place in your so-called strategy game.
so fb's are 3 minute attacks with no warning:  so for the price of sapphires will there be a warning?  will the attack still be 3 minutes?  will the defense be the same amount, 12,600 defense?  how will a player know they need 1 or 10?  will they be the same price as an fb?  an fb is sent at the player's command. "absolute knowledge".  the defender has no knowledge.  will the protection be 1 day, or will it be 1 week coverage for someone to buy 10 of the protection?  have the developers thought any of it through?
but my big concern is this:  that evening out the fb by a protection is simply a precursor to the topic of bunker busting fireballs and bunker defending protection.  both bought with sapphires no doubt.  bunker busters make your 30m power in the catacombs open targets.  this is where i think this is heading.

Jul 2, 2018, 07:1407/02/18
06/04/16

It really doesn't matter if they thought it through or not.  The fact is that the FB is a lame part of the game.  This is a war game and Plarium introduced an otem that people can use money to stay cowardly.  They can hide behind their walls and lob FBs at others and then stay hidden.  And even worse, we have one who throws so many FBs in our server, I would bet she is a GM and gets her sapphires for free "just to keep the game interesting".

I agree wqith others previous... the FB has no place in this game except to male Plarium money... and they will stop making money when we all quit because we are sick of them.  I have 71k castle defense... which I purchased... but the FB ignores this defense.  I leave troops out to defend my castle... they just get demolished by someone lobbing FBs at me.  So, the point of the game (WAR) is mute because the crap Plarium introduced ignores all the aspects of war.

Introduce whatever you want to defend against FBs Plarium.... this is one coiner who has had enough.  Either make the FB conform to the mechanics of the game or people will stop playing your game that no longer makes any sense.
Apr 17, 2023, 10:2604/17/23
Apr 17, 2023, 10:27(edited)
04/17/23

IronApex Turok said:

right....but this is a game of strategy......
its not supposed to be a game of luck or chance. You're right. But there is a random component in many formulas. For instance, which Units will die and which will not.  Could anyone explain about this. I am going to bookmark this topic to see the awnsers here https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/511_archive/11157_castle-defense-bonus- uk49s  -vs-a-fireball/