All Categories

Wrong Tournament Rewards

Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted

Wrong Tournament Rewards

Dear Players,

This is to address the situation with the wrong rewards in one of the tournaments. The numbers were incorrectly stated from the very start, and we very much apologize for this confusion. We had to revert the numbers to the intended state because leaving them as they were would have had a considerable impact on the game balance.

However, we understand that it was a disappointing mistake on our side that’s why we’ve sent out a compensation package to EVERY PLAYER to make up for this situation.

Thank you for being understanding as it was just a human factor, and let’s not let this mishap spoil the most wonderful time of the year. Happy Holidays! 🎄

Views
Comments
Dec 28, 2021, 12:5612/28/21
Dec 28, 2021, 18:2812/28/21
06/05/17

It would've been understandable if it been changed immediately after the event began, but to wait a whole day, after so many players have put in many hours of play is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE! Shame on you Plarium. 

Dec 28, 2021, 19:5512/28/21
08/20/14

How about you restore the rewards to what they were?  DO THE RIGHT THING!

Leagues in the top 10 of that event made decisions that your paltry penitence gift don't make up for the lost time, troops expended in battle grounds and spending on packages!   

This appears like a bait and switch scam - well beyond human error and your solution for those leagues that put enormous effort into the event to take paltry gifts is underwhelming to say the least.  Told to be Merry and Understanding while the rest of the server got the same penitence gift is not a proper solution on your behalf.

Since you seem to need assistance in customer service and appreciation during this wonderful time of the year PLEASE implement an appropriate correction to your MASSIVE FRAUDULENT APPEARING MISTAKE that has tremendous impact on those that put massive effort into this event

As a long term player I lack confidence in anything you say or promise as reward in the game now.  Show me I'm wrong by doing the right thing. 

Dec 28, 2021, 21:1712/28/21
04/14/15

I will not be spending any money on any account for the month of January , this is your reward for shamefully robbing players of not only there troops but saphires as well , might be time to look for a new game .

AlinaCommunity Manager
Dec 29, 2021, 09:3512/29/21
05/21/19
Sir Charles

It would've been understandable if it been changed immediately after the event began, but to wait a whole day, after so many players have put in many hours of play is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE! Shame on you Plarium. 

Of course, Sir Charles. The earlier, the better. However, we corrected this mistake as soon as our players reported it. We're extremely grateful to them. It's always nice to have such a loyal group of players who understand what in-game balance is and care for the game so much.  

AlinaCommunity Manager
Dec 29, 2021, 09:4012/29/21
05/21/19
Grimnbold

How about you restore the rewards to what they were?  DO THE RIGHT THING!

Leagues in the top 10 of that event made decisions that your paltry penitence gift don't make up for the lost time, troops expended in battle grounds and spending on packages!   

This appears like a bait and switch scam - well beyond human error and your solution for those leagues that put enormous effort into the event to take paltry gifts is underwhelming to say the least.  Told to be Merry and Understanding while the rest of the server got the same penitence gift is not a proper solution on your behalf.

Since you seem to need assistance in customer service and appreciation during this wonderful time of the year PLEASE implement an appropriate correction to your MASSIVE FRAUDULENT APPEARING MISTAKE that has tremendous impact on those that put massive effort into this event

As a long term player I lack confidence in anything you say or promise as reward in the game now.  Show me I'm wrong by doing the right thing. 

I hear you, Grimnbold. However, I'm afraid it's not possible to revert the reward. It would have had a considerable impact on the game balance. Besides, I've got a question - was this reward the only thing that made your League take part in this tournament or have you ever participated in it before?

AlinaCommunity Manager
Dec 29, 2021, 09:4112/29/21
05/21/19
Sepelteira

I will not be spending any money on any account for the month of January , this is your reward for shamefully robbing players of not only there troops but saphires as well , might be time to look for a new game .

Whether to spend or not to spend has always been up to every player, my Lord. We accept and appreciate your decision anyway. 

Dec 29, 2021, 23:3612/29/21
Dec 29, 2021, 23:38(edited)
08/20/14

1) The falsely advertised reward is what drove a few leagues to score in this event (mine included).  If you understood game mechanics your never would have made your illinformed comment about the 150K saphires impacting game balace.

2) That amount of saphires would get you back the purgators I used to kill one top Stone heart battle ground not dozen top regular and stone heart battleground.  I killed well over 200 assorted battlegrounds to score in this event and need over 10,000,000 milion saphires to resurect those troops now.  

3) This poorly thought out fast response was purely based on Plariums bottom line and has nothing to do with game balance.  You want to sell more packages.

4) Maybe now that you understand the enormity of the MISTAKE and the poorly thought out solution PLARIUM might give the solution the time it deserves.

5) Yes the league I'm part of wins events when we try - our effort and those of others that tried to win it deserves more than the same "gift" that every alt on the server that didn't even play gets!

6) This lack of appropriate response and compesenstion to those negatively impacted by your MISTAKE is helping kill your already declining player base.

7) I find it funny that the players that notified Plarium about this MISTAKE took their sweet time when the MISTAKE with the Argentine currency arose (that did more damage to game balance by the way).

8) How about someone besides a community manager that is actually given a pay check addresses this matter?  It is of the magnitude worthy of it.

Dec 30, 2021, 18:5712/30/21
02/20/17

Apologies accepted :-)
Thanks for everything :-) 

👍👌👍👌👍