Monthly Developers' Feedback: October 2018

Monthly Developers' Feedback: October 2018

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Nov 19, 2018, 15:3311/19/18
02/29/16

JAX 2 Scrolls Boogaloo said:

Oh and here's a suggestion, after upgrading a champion, have it take you back to the info page rather than the upgrade page. More people end up sacrificing the wrong stuff because of that than anything. Just about everyone in my league has made that mistake because of it. Once again, after you upgrade to increase rank of a champion, have the page go back to INFO, rather than stay on UPGRADE. Thanks.

Hello!

This topic is not for posting suggestions.

Please read the rules I've posted in my first post here.

As for suggestions, all of them should be posted here: https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions/102487_your-suggestions---4/

The same is for additional Dragon arts.

Nov 20, 2018, 07:1411/20/18
02/22/15

Alina Phoenix said:

TheFray said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

Alina Phoenix said:

HiTman-PK said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

I would like a better explanation for #1.   I do not see how canceling sent units can cause cheating with any of the SH arts.   This same response was given on Facebook, with 'abilities being activated on launch' comment added in.

If this is the reason, I fail to see how this matters.   If the launch is canceled, then the units never arrive at their destination.  Therefore, any activation of the ability is meaningless.

If this is not the reason, please elaborate on how any cheating can occur.   In any case, no Art is worth losing the 50 sec call back.  Get rid of the Art or fix it.

When u sent raid with stone heart units, then there is certain abilities or buffs that base of chance % as per there lost art lvls for different stone heart units, so when u sent raid there shows there % if u like that then ok otherwise u cancel it and u can resent the raid with same units, but every time abilities/buffs % changed so when u see the required best % then dont cancel it.  so palrum genius calling this change of affects as a cheating, for that they delete the free cancel raid option, so now coiner and high lvl players force to use diamonds for same purpose. 

Exactly!

Thanks for your help in replying to this question  You're absolutely right!

That still isn't cheating.   I know what my percentages are on defense at any moment, and can change them as I see fit in seconds.   I don't care, and I doubt anyone else does either, if a player can send and cancel 100 times while trying to get their percentages right on offense.    While I wouldn't mind someone getting their percentages incorrect when attacking me, my care factor is pretty small.

Its certainly not worth the loss of a free 50 second cancel.

Its certainly not cheating, unless Plarium believes its ok for the defender to know their abilities but not the offense.  In any case, its only a matter of time before the percentage formulas are figured out and posted.    Any two players can easily test Raids against each other.   Anyone can create an alt and send test raids.   So, the offensive percentage information WILL BE KNOWN ANYWAY.

So, please bring back the 50 sec free cancel and forget this nonsense about potential cheating.

Devs won't return this option back. I discussed it with them already when Stoneheart Castle was just released.

Something that doesn't look like cheating for players is a cheat dangerous for balance in devs' eyes.

I understand you as player liked this feature, but devs have a better understanding of the balance itself and they can predict what feature can lead to a negative effect.

"balance" the famous company line and easy answer.

Would you mind taking the time to explain to me and others on here that if the ability was not shown or active until after the free cancel how that would effect the game balance and give both the players what they want and maintain the "balance" since there is no way to know your ability until after the free cancel is gone?

Would that not be a "balance" between the players and Plarium while not changing the rules of the game on us or is it taking something that was free and now requiring a pay item in it's place the balance Plarium is looking for and that being their account "balance" from requiring more pay to play purchases.

Hello!

Lord HiTman-PK already gave the correct explanation of this decision.

Players could cheat by sending Units and then canceling them till the moment they receive the most profitable Bonus from Stoneheart Lost Art.

That's why this option was removed.

Well I guess you didn't bother to read my response.

If you had taken the time to read the question as opposed to trying to say it had already been answered we may get somewhere.

So how do the stoneheart abilities effect the regular BG because we can't cancel those either or has that been answered.

How about the response stating that we could get a free cancel if no stoneheart units were present?

Is it to much of a bother to actually answer or is it easier to wave the "game balance" wand and call it good?

Are you saying your devs are the only people who come up with good ideas so they are the only ones who get a say and if so this is a useless topic
Nov 22, 2018, 11:3011/22/18
02/29/16

TheFray said:

Alina Phoenix said:

TheFray said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

Alina Phoenix said:

HiTman-PK said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

I would like a better explanation for #1.   I do not see how canceling sent units can cause cheating with any of the SH arts.   This same response was given on Facebook, with 'abilities being activated on launch' comment added in.

If this is the reason, I fail to see how this matters.   If the launch is canceled, then the units never arrive at their destination.  Therefore, any activation of the ability is meaningless.

If this is not the reason, please elaborate on how any cheating can occur.   In any case, no Art is worth losing the 50 sec call back.  Get rid of the Art or fix it.

When u sent raid with stone heart units, then there is certain abilities or buffs that base of chance % as per there lost art lvls for different stone heart units, so when u sent raid there shows there % if u like that then ok otherwise u cancel it and u can resent the raid with same units, but every time abilities/buffs % changed so when u see the required best % then dont cancel it.  so palrum genius calling this change of affects as a cheating, for that they delete the free cancel raid option, so now coiner and high lvl players force to use diamonds for same purpose. 

Exactly!

Thanks for your help in replying to this question  You're absolutely right!

That still isn't cheating.   I know what my percentages are on defense at any moment, and can change them as I see fit in seconds.   I don't care, and I doubt anyone else does either, if a player can send and cancel 100 times while trying to get their percentages right on offense.    While I wouldn't mind someone getting their percentages incorrect when attacking me, my care factor is pretty small.

Its certainly not worth the loss of a free 50 second cancel.

Its certainly not cheating, unless Plarium believes its ok for the defender to know their abilities but not the offense.  In any case, its only a matter of time before the percentage formulas are figured out and posted.    Any two players can easily test Raids against each other.   Anyone can create an alt and send test raids.   So, the offensive percentage information WILL BE KNOWN ANYWAY.

So, please bring back the 50 sec free cancel and forget this nonsense about potential cheating.

Devs won't return this option back. I discussed it with them already when Stoneheart Castle was just released.

Something that doesn't look like cheating for players is a cheat dangerous for balance in devs' eyes.

I understand you as player liked this feature, but devs have a better understanding of the balance itself and they can predict what feature can lead to a negative effect.

"balance" the famous company line and easy answer.

Would you mind taking the time to explain to me and others on here that if the ability was not shown or active until after the free cancel how that would effect the game balance and give both the players what they want and maintain the "balance" since there is no way to know your ability until after the free cancel is gone?

Would that not be a "balance" between the players and Plarium while not changing the rules of the game on us or is it taking something that was free and now requiring a pay item in it's place the balance Plarium is looking for and that being their account "balance" from requiring more pay to play purchases.

Hello!

Lord HiTman-PK already gave the correct explanation of this decision.

Players could cheat by sending Units and then canceling them till the moment they receive the most profitable Bonus from Stoneheart Lost Art.

That's why this option was removed.

Well I guess you didn't bother to read my response.

If you had taken the time to read the question as opposed to trying to say it had already been answered we may get somewhere.

So how do the stoneheart abilities effect the regular BG because we can't cancel those either or has that been answered.

How about the response stating that we could get a free cancel if no stoneheart units were present?

Is it to much of a bother to actually answer or is it easier to wave the "game balance" wand and call it good?

Are you saying your devs are the only people who come up with good ideas so they are the only ones who get a say and if so this is a useless topic

Hello!

1. You still can cancel Units sent to BGs: https://www.screencast.com/t/rxV8tptMY9n2

2. How about the response stating that we could get a free cancel if no stoneheart units were present?

It's hard to implement it from the technical point of view. So, it won't be added in the near future.

But I will forward this suggestion to devs for consideration.

Nov 23, 2018, 20:3411/23/18
08/21/14

Alina Phoenix said:

Please tell me you're joking.

If this were true, we wouldn't be having this discussion.   The forums would also be lacking in negativity while SF player base would be thriving instead of bleeding out.

Nov 26, 2018, 13:3211/26/18
02/29/16
Limad said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Limad said:

Remove this spam pop-up, it's incredibly annoying. 

Hello!

As for suggestions, all of them should be posted here: https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions/102487_your-suggestions---4/

Thanks!

How about you just pretend I've posted it in suggestions and then bring it to your Dev team anyway. And add it to this thread. There's only about 15-20 people who post on this forum anyway. It's an annoying bit of spam. It would be nice if it went away. I doubt anyone will disagree with me.

Or everyone will just read the rules described for the topics and post all things to the right places :)
Nov 30, 2018, 15:2711/30/18
02/22/16
JAX 2 Scrolls Boogaloo said:

Oh and here's a suggestion, after upgrading a champion, have it take you back to the info page rather than the upgrade page. More people end up sacrificing the wrong stuff because of that than anything. Just about everyone in my league has made that mistake because of it. Once again, after you upgrade to increase rank of a champion, have the page go back to INFO, rather than stay on UPGRADE. Thanks.

Tell your members to lock the champions that they want to keep It will prevent the mistake of  sacrificing champions they want to keep :)  
Nov 30, 2018, 19:0211/30/18
Nov 30, 2018, 19:02(edited)
02/22/16

Snowgoon said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Limad said:

Hello!

As for suggestions, all of them should be posted here: https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions/102487_your-suggestions---4/

Thanks!

The link you give leads to a CLOSED Thread

That's because a new suggestion thread was started a new one can be found in 

the suggestion section of the forum :)

Dec 3, 2018, 13:5912/03/18
02/29/16

Snowgoon said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Limad said:

Hello!

Thanks!

The link you give leads to a CLOSED Thread

Hello!

Last week I've updated the process of suggestions submission:

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions/117637_how-to-submit-a-suggestion--3/

Dec 3, 2018, 14:0612/03/18
02/29/16

roadstar Pitbull said:

Will this be only for developers??, there are questions I'd like answers to, from others.

Copied from another thread.

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/117662_harvest-treasure-hunt/?post=538239

27 November, 2018, 12:10 AM UTC

Ok, so now i would like to hear an "official" answer, from a bonafide Plarium employee. (no forum mods)

1.How is it fair to non coining players, that not only can one gain tremendous advantages through wise spending, but Plarium as a company will also reward any such spending within in game contests/events.?

2. Where is my advantage of being continued devoted player for so long???

And feel free to foreward this post to someone higher in the company,,, take your time and give a responsible answer....

"regular gameplay" is not truely acceptable.

It will be the Event with a developer only.

As for your question, yes, you can collect Items through Black Market.

If you don't want to do it, then collect Items via other in-game activities. This Tournament gives a lot of variants how you can get these collectible Items.

As an experienced player, you should be good enough in the Tournaments, BGs, Quests and so on.

So, focus on the activities you're the best one in.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.