Monthly Developers' Feedback: October 2018

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Nov 9, 2018, 15:2211/09/18
02/29/16

Hello, Lords and Ladies!

I want to explain what this topic is about and what Rules we will have here (next month I will create a separate Thread for it to have it managed easily).

While working on the Forum (and while analyzing your survey on Community), I noticed you lack feedback from devs regarding the main concerns you post on Forum.

Each Monday I send to devs the list of the most discussed topics in the Community for the previous week. Devs check them and give the replies.

I decided to share them with you. But I will do it every month, not every week.

As for the Rules:

1. I will try to make such posts till the 10th of each month. It will be the feedback for the previous month.

2. You can discuss the feedback I post, but please note all off-topic will be removed. If you have any other feedback, you still will need to post it in the Game discussion. In this Thread, we will discuss only the questions I posted.

3. When I post the feedback for the new month, the topic with the discussion of the previous one will be closed to avoid spamming comments.

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 9, 2018, 15:2611/09/18
Nov 9, 2018, 15:43(edited)
02/29/16

Feedback October

1. Players don't like that they can't cancel Units for free during the first 50 seconds after they sent them.

Devs' Answer:

It was done to avoid cheating with one of the Stoneheart Castle's Lost Arts. It doesn't affect Caravans though.

2. Players ask to return timer that was displayed in the Lost Arts' Icon: https://www.screencast.com/t/ksIP791c

Devs' Answer:

They will think about it. Maybe it will be added back in one of the next updates.

3. Many Offers players receive in the Wheel of Fortune are not useful anymore.

Devs' Answer:

Devs know of this issue, and shortly they want to review all Offers available in the Wheel of Fortune and make some updates to them.

4. Stoneheart BGs are not counted in Mar'eth Quests.

Devs' Answer:

Devs plan to add separate Mar'eth Quests for Stoneheart Castle.

5. Tournaments for Stoneheart Castle.

Devs' Answer:

They will be launched in the near future.

6. Lack of Soulstones.

Devs' Answer:

Devs plan to add more Tournaments where they will be given as a reward. Plus, they will give them as a Reward in the new features.

7. Plarium Play for Mac OS users.

Devs' Answer: 

It is released now! 

8. Spirit Wardens die even if they are attacked by Units that have less power than Warden's defensive points.

Devs' Answer:

In the update that is planned for the end of November (beginning of December), devs are going to change this mechanics of Wardens' work.

9. The additional queue of building for Stoneheart Units.

Devs' Answer:

They want to solve the issue with the lack of Soulstones first. Then, they can consider adding an additional training queue.

Nov 10, 2018, 03:2711/10/18
08/21/14

I would like a better explanation for #1.   I do not see how canceling sent units can cause cheating with any of the SH arts.   This same response was given on Facebook, with 'abilities being activated on launch' comment added in.

If this is the reason, I fail to see how this matters.   If the launch is canceled, then the units never arrive at their destination.  Therefore, any activation of the ability is meaningless.

If this is not the reason, please elaborate on how any cheating can occur.   In any case, no Art is worth losing the 50 sec call back.  Get rid of the Art or fix it.

Nov 10, 2018, 05:0511/10/18
08/19/16
Sehr gut 
Nov 10, 2018, 05:4311/10/18
05/17/14

Hello ALINA PHOENIX

Just a heads up

Jezebel will be coming with a  message on the forum within the next two weeks. This will have the backing of Thousands of players and Hundreds of leagues,

We are also discussing about meeting in Teamspeak
Nov 10, 2018, 05:5611/10/18
09/29/14

That would be awesome. 

The actual players that play this game do have great ideas. 
Nov 10, 2018, 11:1411/10/18
06/10/14
Aegon Targaryen said:

I would like a better explanation for #1.   I do not see how canceling sent units can cause cheating with any of the SH arts.   This same response was given on Facebook, with 'abilities being activated on launch' comment added in.

If this is the reason, I fail to see how this matters.   If the launch is canceled, then the units never arrive at their destination.  Therefore, any activation of the ability is meaningless.

If this is not the reason, please elaborate on how any cheating can occur.   In any case, no Art is worth losing the 50 sec call back.  Get rid of the Art or fix it.

When u sent raid with stone heart units, then there is certain abilities or buffs that base of chance % as per there lost art lvls for different stone heart units, so when u sent raid there shows there % if u like that then ok otherwise u cancel it and u can resent the raid with same units, but every time abilities/buffs % changed so when u see the required best % then dont cancel it.  so palrum genius calling this change of affects as a cheating, for that they delete the free cancel raid option, so now coiner and high lvl players force to use diamonds for same purpose. 
Nov 10, 2018, 15:5511/10/18
02/22/15
Why not show abilities after the free cancel ends and that is when the abilities show and are effective. Simple fix in theory, programming that may be a nightmare.
Nov 12, 2018, 11:3211/12/18
02/29/16
Sir Dan Saul Knight said:

This is a good idea - thanks for taking the time and effort to do it.
Thanks, Sir Dan! 
Nov 12, 2018, 11:3311/12/18
02/29/16

roadstar Pitbull said:

A good over due start.

Lets just see how things develop.

I will try to make this feedback a regular and useful for players part of community life.

Hope it will go as I planned!
Nov 12, 2018, 11:3411/12/18
02/29/16
Yakuza said:

Sehr gut 

Nov 12, 2018, 11:3511/12/18
02/29/16

ETsphere said:

Hello ALINA PHOENIX

Just a heads up

Jezebel will be coming with a  message on the forum within the next two weeks. This will have the backing of Thousands of players and Hundreds of leagues,

We are also discussing about meeting in Teamspeak

I will be waiting for a constructive feedback!

I know lady Jezebel and she is a very experienced player with a good knowledge of the game.

Plus, she is an active member of the community. 

So, I'm waiting :)
Nov 12, 2018, 11:3711/12/18
02/29/16

HiTman-PK said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

When u sent raid with stone heart units, then there is certain abilities or buffs that base of chance % as per there lost art lvls for different stone heart units, so when u sent raid there shows there % if u like that then ok otherwise u cancel it and u can resent the raid with same units, but every time abilities/buffs % changed so when u see the required best % then dont cancel it.  so palrum genius calling this change of affects as a cheating, for that they delete the free cancel raid option, so now coiner and high lvl players force to use diamonds for same purpose. 

Exactly!

Thanks for your help in replying to this question  You're absolutely right!
Nov 14, 2018, 00:1911/14/18
08/21/14

Alina Phoenix said:

HiTman-PK said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

Exactly!

That still isn't cheating.   I know what my percentages are on defense at any moment, and can change them as I see fit in seconds.   I don't care, and I doubt anyone else does either, if a player can send and cancel 100 times while trying to get their percentages right on offense.    While I wouldn't mind someone getting their percentages incorrect when attacking me, my care factor is pretty small.

Its certainly not worth the loss of a free 50 second cancel.

Its certainly not cheating, unless Plarium believes its ok for the defender to know their abilities but not the offense.  In any case, its only a matter of time before the percentage formulas are figured out and posted.    Any two players can easily test Raids against each other.   Anyone can create an alt and send test raids.   So, the offensive percentage information WILL BE KNOWN ANYWAY.

So, please bring back the 50 sec free cancel and forget this nonsense about potential cheating.
Nov 14, 2018, 10:4311/14/18
02/22/16

When soulstones are required for so many things the meager amount in these tourneys is disgusting!! I say anything short Of A mine or mines in Stoneheart Castle is Not enough !!

Nov 15, 2018, 13:3111/15/18
02/29/16

Aegon Targaryen said:

Alina Phoenix said:

HiTman-PK said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

Exactly!

That still isn't cheating.   I know what my percentages are on defense at any moment, and can change them as I see fit in seconds.   I don't care, and I doubt anyone else does either, if a player can send and cancel 100 times while trying to get their percentages right on offense.    While I wouldn't mind someone getting their percentages incorrect when attacking me, my care factor is pretty small.

Its certainly not cheating, unless Plarium believes its ok for the defender to know their abilities but not the offense.  In any case, its only a matter of time before the percentage formulas are figured out and posted.    Any two players can easily test Raids against each other.   Anyone can create an alt and send test raids.   So, the offensive percentage information WILL BE KNOWN ANYWAY.

So, please bring back the 50 sec free cancel and forget this nonsense about potential cheating.

Devs won't return this option back. I discussed it with them already when Stoneheart Castle was just released.

Something that doesn't look like cheating for players is a cheat dangerous for balance in devs' eyes.

I understand you as player liked this feature, but devs have a better understanding of the balance itself and they can predict what feature can lead to a negative effect.

Nov 15, 2018, 13:3211/15/18
02/29/16

Wesley Pringle said:

When soulstones are required for so many things the meager amount in these tourneys is disgusting!! I say anything short Of A mine or mines in Stoneheart Castle is Not enough !!

Thanks for your feedback on it.

I haven't heard about any plans on adding a Soulstone mine, but devs will increase the number of Soulstones in rewards for sure.
Nov 18, 2018, 05:5211/18/18
02/22/15

Alina Phoenix said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

Alina Phoenix said:

HiTman-PK said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

Exactly!

Devs won't return this option back. I discussed it with them already when Stoneheart Castle was just released.

Something that doesn't look like cheating for players is a cheat dangerous for balance in devs' eyes.

I understand you as player liked this feature, but devs have a better understanding of the balance itself and they can predict what feature can lead to a negative effect.

"balance" the famous company line and easy answer.

Would you mind taking the time to explain to me and others on here that if the ability was not shown or active until after the free cancel how that would effect the game balance and give both the players what they want and maintain the "balance" since there is no way to know your ability until after the free cancel is gone?

Would that not be a "balance" between the players and Plarium while not changing the rules of the game on us or is it taking something that was free and now requiring a pay item in it's place the balance Plarium is looking for and that being their account "balance" from requiring more pay to play purchases.
Nov 19, 2018, 02:2411/19/18
05/17/16
How about a 3rd tier of dragon arts?
Nov 19, 2018, 12:3411/19/18
05/17/16

Oh and here's a suggestion, after upgrading a champion, have it take you back to the info page rather than the upgrade page. More people end up sacrificing the wrong stuff because of that than anything. Just about everyone in my league has made that mistake because of it. Once again, after you upgrade to increase rank of a champion, have the page go back to INFO, rather than stay on UPGRADE. Thanks.

Nov 19, 2018, 15:3111/19/18
02/29/16

TheFray said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

Alina Phoenix said:

HiTman-PK said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

Exactly!

"balance" the famous company line and easy answer.

Would you mind taking the time to explain to me and others on here that if the ability was not shown or active until after the free cancel how that would effect the game balance and give both the players what they want and maintain the "balance" since there is no way to know your ability until after the free cancel is gone?

Would that not be a "balance" between the players and Plarium while not changing the rules of the game on us or is it taking something that was free and now requiring a pay item in it's place the balance Plarium is looking for and that being their account "balance" from requiring more pay to play purchases.

Hello!

Lord HiTman-PK already gave the correct explanation of this decision.

Players could cheat by sending Units and then canceling them till the moment they receive the most profitable Bonus from Stoneheart Lost Art.

That's why this option was removed.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.