Settlements are being replaced

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Lord OberonCharacter
Dec 16, 2015, 13:3712/16/15
01/06/15

Settlements are being replaced as part of an update which will take place tomorrow, for this reason they will not respawn so you will be unable to locate them.

Relic Settlements will be released today, December 16, 2015

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 16, 2015, 14:0012/16/15
05/20/15

Thanks for this

Replaced is a little vague ...replaced with what?

"unable to locate them"? ..."respawn"? Sorry I don't follow this at all

The settlements added to the game - as someone in our league once said 'they are a game within a game' - please expand a little
Dec 16, 2015, 15:3412/16/15
11/04/15

18 November, 2015, 4:15 PM UTC

New Feature: Diamond and Resource Repositories!

Seize Control of Repositories to get Free Diamonds and Resources!

Commander!

New advancements in satellite detection technology have led to the discovery of new Resource collection sites known as Repositories!

Repositories are new places on the Map which may contain Fuel, Rations, Munitions, Diamonds, or Thulium. Unlike Depots, the number of Resources you may gather from a Repository depends on the overall carrying capacity of the Defensive Troops you have stationed there.

You will need BOTH Offensive and Defensive Troops to Capture a Repository, but Defensive Troops will NOT engage in the battle. All surviving Offensive Troops will be automatically returned to your Bunker. If you successfully Capture the Repository, Defensive Troops will start gathering Resources there. The number of Resources that they can gather depends on their carrying capacity. The more Defensive Troops you send, and the bigger their carrying capacity, the more Resources you can collect!

If your Troops are defeated, and an enemy takes control of the Repository, all surviving Troops will return to your Base with all the Resources they were able to collect.

You will be able to view your captured Repository’s information under the “Repositories” tab at the Command HQ.

By Attacking or Capturing these Repositories, you can get free Resources, Diamonds, Experience Points, Tournament Points, and/or Points for the Rankings!

Be advised:

- You must build the Radar in your Base in order to detect Repositories.

- You must build the Airfield in your Base in order to Recon Repositories.

- You must build the Stock Exchange in your Base in order to Gather Thulium from Repositories.

- You may only send Reinforcements to your own captured Repositories.

- You may NOT send Joint Attacks to Capture or Attack a Repository.

- If you send Offensive and Defensive forces to Attack (not Capture) a Repository, all Troops will participate in the attack. It is therefore not recommended to send Defensive Forces on Attack missions.

- Initially, you may capture a maximum of 3 Repositories, indicated by the number of "M37 Transport Vehicles" you possess. To Increase the number of Repositories you may capture, visit the Training Center and upgrade "Maximum Depots and Repositories" to Level 30.

Good luck, Commander!

Dec 16, 2015, 17:0312/16/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:43(edited)
11/05/14
Thank you Richard :)
Dec 16, 2015, 17:2212/16/15
Oct 26, 2020, 12:00(edited)

Richard, do you have the right game forum

Radar?

M37 transport vehicles?

Air bases?

...or has Stormfall gone through a development revolution?
Dec 16, 2015, 17:3612/16/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:04(edited)
11/05/14
He is quoting a previous post on Soldiers + TD about this update, as they have it but SF does not yet. 
Dec 16, 2015, 19:1612/16/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:05(edited)
11/05/14
Awesome, had this sapphire mine capture quest for almost a week now.
Dec 17, 2015, 04:5812/17/15
05/03/15
Radar? Airfields? In a medieval battleground?
Dec 17, 2015, 06:0112/17/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:00(edited)
11/05/14
Ecko said:

Radar? Airfields? In a medieval battleground?
From what is currently understood; the mechanics will be similar (or identical), but the names are inappropriate because they're from a different game that's also being updated. The official change log hasn't been formatted for Stormfall yet, so we're just drawing comparisons from data the community has at this time.
Dec 17, 2015, 20:0912/17/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:10(edited)
11/05/14
good luck holding one during pvp event all the super cashers will clear all the hamlets for free pvp points be prepared to loose a ton of defense.
Dec 18, 2015, 05:5912/18/15
05/20/15

Early days ...but;

My 2c; there are not very many of them and they're some way away -so it takes a long to get there

Who would leave a lot of defence there? When pvp is up?!?

it will be hit hard by the bigger players and the up-and-coming will lose their offense when they get a Quest

This may work well in other Plarium's ...not sure it makes for better game-play here

/2c

Jan 11, 2016, 00:3901/11/16
03/01/15

Demon said:

good luck holding one during pvp event all the super cashers will clear all the hamlets for free pvp points be prepared to loose a ton of defense.

Not just supercashers.  I see lots of players throwing overkill offense at hamlets.  Its annoying, but you don't have to put tons of good defense at a hamlet, especially knowing that people will throw millions of offense at it for easy points.

What works fairly well for me is sending small amounts of inexpensive and fast to build troops.  They finish quickly, allowing me to be in and out before most PvP hunters find my hamlets and the few that do get less than 10 points for the hit.  There are some times of the day, even non PvP days, where I get too many people smashing my hamlets for it to be worthwhile, but long as I avoid those times, I get enough resources for it to be worth the effort.

If anything, the bigger problem I have is neighbors sending more offense than needed to take an unclaimed hamlet and stealing from me since I happened to get there first.  There is no need for 100 necros to capture unclaimed hamlet unless you are hoping someone gets there first so you can get points killing their stuff.  My response to that is to return the discourtesy by sending enough offense to kill other's stuff when I send troops to unclaimed hamlets.  

You get more points when you take losses than when you send overkill and just flatten everything.  I wish the people sending overkill attacks would realize that and send smaller forces; they'd get more points, the loser gets more points, everyone benefits.  
Jan 11, 2016, 00:5001/11/16
03/01/15

Zulf said:

Early days ...but;

My 2c; there are not very many of them and they're some way away -so it takes a long to get there

Who would leave a lot of defence there? When pvp is up?!?

it will be hit hard by the bigger players and the up-and-coming will lose their offense when they get a Quest

This may work well in other Plarium's ...not sure it makes for better game-play here

/2c

It depends on your location.  I'm in an area with lots of upper 70s and 80s.  Only a few of us bother with hamlets, so there is plenty for all and no need to fight over them.  People hit hamlets during PvP, so you don't want to leave good stuff there.  Stick with archers and once you unlock the tech, lost ones or huntresses.  You risk less and if you send smaller groups, they are exposed for a smaller amount of time.  

I suspect the purpose of hamlets is to force people to expose more defense to attack, to try to get more PvP going.  If you are a strong player and can afford to risk it, putting a lot of def at a hamlet can be worthwhile.  You get tons of PvP wiping out blind attackers' armies and your troops come home with lots of resources.