All Categories

Need your help in making QA video with game designer!

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Nov 29, 2018, 10:0511/29/18
02/29/16

Hello, Lords and Ladies!

I have the plan to make a Q&A video with our game designer who will reply to the most popular questions we discuss on Forum.

In this topic, you can ask the questions you would like to get a reply on from our game designer. We will check them and try to answer the majority of them in the video.

Please note that all off-topic comments will be removed.

The topic will be opened till the 17th of December.

Don't miss a chance to get a reply from devs!

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 16, 2018, 18:5512/16/18
10/02/15

Good day,

There seems to be a great disparity in Defense and Offense troop loss.   When a player loses a significant number of troops especially defense the current methods of paying to restore either with purchase of packages, monthly passes, special discounts  falls short of expectations since the game algorithms are stacked against defensive geared more toward offense.  So my request would be:

1) Can playing field be leveled by losing troops after a  food to troop ratio has been exceeded?  This might help reduce the 20k Dragons etc. being held by one person.

2) Can a perk be given for Beacons when the last Beacon or a specific Beacon is wanted to be held since there seems to be no limit to the number of offensive troops being sent against Beacons especially by one person?  Maybe a cool down period before the last Beacon falls?

One person attack on a beacon with insurmountable troops needs to go away.  Same holds true for Hamlets and Settlements.  There has to be some chance either for them to lose once in a while or limit the number or troops one person can hold/send without some sort of restriction to level the gameplay field.

Current methods to recoup defense troop loss is very costly and inexplicably unacceptable with advantage going toward offense.   Since Offense has the advantage at least allow for a more reasonable recovery method of defense troops.

Most leagues participate in Beacon defense but unfortunately the game allows for one person with a high number of troops to dominate usually with little to no troop loss against what should be a substantial defense.  This issue is one of the negatives to gameplay and personally a huge turnoff.

v/r Tracy Handyside

Dec 16, 2018, 19:5312/16/18
Dec 16, 2018, 21:36(edited)
02/22/16

handysidet said:

1) Can playing field be leveled by losing troops after a  food to troop ratio has been exceeded?  This might help reduce the 20k Dragons etc. being held by one person.

2) Can a perk be given for Beacons when the last Beacon or a specific Beacon is wanted to be held since there seems to be no limit to the number of offensive troops being sent against Beacons especially by one person?  Maybe a cool down period before the last Beacon falls?

One person attack on a beacon with insurmountable troops needs to go away.  Same holds true for Hamlets and Settlements.  There has to be some chance either for them to lose once in a while or limit the number or troops one person can hold/send without some sort of restriction to level the gameplay field.

Current methods to recoup defense troop loss is very costly and inexplicably unacceptable with advantage going toward offense.   Since Offense has the advantage at least allow for a more reasonable recovery method of defense troops.

Most leagues participate in Beacon defense but unfortunately the game allows for one person with a high number of troops to dominate usually with little to no troop loss against what should be a substantial defense.  This issue is one of the negatives to gameplay and personally a huge turnoff.

v/r Tracy Handyside

On 1 That was how in used to Be it was changed I don't think it will be changed back 

On 2  not sure exactly what your asking for as a perk ?

As for force limits on attacking units at beacons I know that idea is being batted around.  I'm not sure on what side of the discussion the ball has landed on yet 

On the seeming disparity in regards to Offence and Defense Please note generally Defense units cost less resources and time to produce than offensive units .  

Either way as always your feed back will be forwarded and reviewed by the powers that be .

And we thank you for your time and thoughts to make the Game better 

Dec 17, 2018, 11:1712/17/18
02/29/16

Hello, Lords and Ladies!

Thanks for your question!

I will collect them and forward to devs.

As it was mentioned in my initial post, this topic is opened till the 17th of December.

So, I close it now. The video is planned for the end of January, beginning of February!   
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.