Help us improve our communities - results

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Nov 19, 2018, 11:3211/19/18
02/29/16

Hello, Lords and Ladies!

As you remember, several months ago we asked you to fill in the survey form for our Community.

We thoroughly analyzed the feedback we received from you, and I want to share it with you.

General information about the players who filled in the form:

1. The majority of players who left their feedback play Pirates: Tides of Fortune, then go Stormfall: Age of War, then Sparta: War of Empires and then Soldiers Inc.

2. The majority of the voted players are members of the Community for 3-4 years and spend more than 2 hours in the Groups/on Forum per day.

3. The main reason why players come to Community are:

- the game news;

- information on how features work;

- new game tips; 

- communication with other players;

- sharing own experience;

- reporting problems.

The form you filled in consisted of several parts.

1. Community manager.

The main recommendations you gave for the improvement of Community manager's work:

• better listen to the players' problems and feedback; update on the suggestions and the reported bugs; push the bug fixes and suggestions to devs. 
  • give more personal answers, be more positive and approachable. 
  • give more information about version updates, open up the roadmap and decision-making process. 

From these replies, I understood that you lack receiving feedback from developers back to you. That's why I plan to do the following:

• post feedback I receive from devs on the most discussed topics during the past month. I plan to do it at the beginning of each month. I already posted it for October:  https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/-news-and-announcements/116446_monthly-dev-s-feedback--october-/
  • I'm working on a Q&A video with our game designer. I think it will be made in the form of the interview where I will ask him the most popular questions from players and he will reply on them. 
  • I discussed the content of Forums/Groups with our Content team and they're ready to create more teasers as well as Roadmap :) So, this change is coming. 

2. Content

Here you asked for: 

• More info on the game mechanics (i.e. BGs), strategies, tips, how to's. 
  • Detailed info about new features and updates. 
  • Suggestions need better organizing, perhaps topic threads for related suggestions; feedback on players' suggestions. 
  • Info about the upcoming tournaments 
  • Warn in advance about updates & server maintenance. 

We already post Dev Notes for all new features added to the game. They're very detailed and give the basic understanding of the feature.

We also started adding the in-game warnings when the game update is coming. Still, it's done only in the cases when it's a planned update.

As for suggestions and Tournaments' schedule, I'm working on both of them. I plan to make changes to workflow with suggestions and content team is going to create the Tournaments' schedule.

3. Moderators

The main feedback on how we can improve the work of moderators is the following:

• Give them more information to share with the community. 
  • Take new mods; hire players from the game, not outsiders. 

Moderators receive the advance notice on the coming update as well as the news about the changes planned for it. If moderators have any questions on bugs or features they're not sure about, they always contact me and receive the required information.

Still, moderators are also players and we don't share with them the mechanics players should discover by themselves. For example, BGs mechanics.

As for the new moderators, they're hired when someone leaves the moderator's team or the load is too high on Forums/in Group and we need to extend the team. We hire moderators only from the game he/she will moderate. But they can play on a different platform. Taking into account the majority of the mechanics is the same, it's a common practice.

Thanks to all the players who spent their time to fill in the survey form! 

You helped us a lot to understand what players want to improve in the Community!

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 21, 2018, 13:1911/21/18
02/22/16
Removing People posting sex enhancement links and products from the forum and Game completely would be a good start ! 
Nov 22, 2018, 11:2311/22/18
02/29/16

Wesley Pringle said:

Removing People posting sex enhancement links and products from the forum and Game completely would be a good start ! 

Hello :)

We remove spam on Forum as soon as we notice it. In the future, Forum devs have plans on implementing a better spam protection.

As for the game itself, you need to report such players to Support team: https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Nov 27, 2018, 20:2711/27/18
11/04/15

Alina Phoenix said:

Wesley Pringle said:

We remove spam on Forum as soon as we notice it. In the future, Forum devs have plans on implementing a better spam protection.

As for the game itself, you need to report such players to Support team: https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

The zendesk is not a good enough support link

This is one of the BIGGEST problems in all plarium games

It can be almost impossible for us to contact support directly, you just send us on a run-around which returns us to this forum
Dec 3, 2018, 14:5712/03/18
02/29/16

Inigo Montoya said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Wesley Pringle said:

The zendesk is not a good enough support link

This is one of the BIGGEST problems in all plarium games

It can be almost impossible for us to contact support directly, you just send us on a run-around which returns us to this forum

What issues do you face trying to contact them?

You can also send the cords of players who use the abusive language in their messages to my PM.
Dec 5, 2018, 16:0512/05/18
02/29/16

Sir Dan Saul Knight said:

This looks great and covers lots of the points that regularly come up in discussions I have with other players.

Good luck with following though on the action points.

There is an awful lot wrong with the relationship between the players and the developers. It does seem like for the fist time in a long time there is an acknowledgement of that at Plarium and a willingness to try and improve things. 

If you can listen, I think there are win win areas where Plarium can meet it goals and objectives whilst also delivering more enjoyments and a better experience for players. At the end of the day having a great game = more customers = more revenue and profit. There really should be more overlap between what is good for you and us. That really comes alive if your time horizon shifts to the long term and not the short term.

Thanks a lot, Sir Dan!

It's a great pleasure to hear such words from you!

I hope we will be able to implement all these points and improve our Community in this way. 

Dec 7, 2018, 08:2212/07/18
07/25/15

Alina Phoenix said:

This looks great and covers lots of the points that regularly come up in discussions I have with other players.

There is an awful lot wrong with the relationship between the players and the developers. It does seem like for the fist time in a long time there is an acknowledgement of that at Plarium and a willingness to try and improve things. 

If you can listen, I think there are win win areas where Plarium can meet it goals and objectives whilst also delivering more enjoyments and a better experience for players. At the end of the day having a great game = more customers = more revenue and profit. There really should be more overlap between what is good for you and us. That really comes alive if your time horizon shifts to the long term and not the short term.

Thanks a lot, Sir Dan!

I hope we will be able to implement all these points and improve our Community in this way. 

You know, when the players goes to great effort meeting up to discuss the future of the game and agreeing on 2 bullet points they want to bring forward they hope can change the game to the better. With the result of you close down the thread and give a "cut'n paste standard response" on behalf of Plarium... I think this entire improve the community will just fail.... don't you think?

Quite disappointed in that one.. 

If they can marshall those 10k+ players they where talking on behalf of, I'm sure they can be a force to be recognized with proper actions taken. As Jim Morrison sang; Light my fire... And you (Plarium) is doing such a great effort at it...  whole thing just sad...

Dec 7, 2018, 11:3112/07/18
07/25/15
Wesley Pringle said:

Gadheras said:

The issue is with the way people like to over state the numbers of players they supposedly represent. Anyone an come a say I represent this or That and these are our numbers.  (not saying some don't )  This is the internet a place where facts are often stretched beyond belief. :)
It got more to do with players of browser games not so much "gamer's" in nature, more like sheep's. Not saying that to be mean or cruel, just an observation. I played game's where the players forced the devs to listen. Where the devs actually acknowledge the players as  stakeholder in the game.  But yeah, if you make a number of have 10k players under your banner, you should have 10k players under your banner, and then be ready to burn the house down..
Dec 7, 2018, 16:2612/07/18
02/29/16

Gadheras said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Thanks a lot, Sir Dan!

You know, when the players goes to great effort meeting up to discuss the future of the game and agreeing on 2 bullet points they want to bring forward they hope can change the game to the better. With the result of you close down the thread and give a "cut'n paste standard response" on behalf of Plarium... I think this entire improve the community will just fail.... don't you think?

If they can marshall those 10k+ players they where talking on behalf of, I'm sure they can be a force to be recognized with proper actions taken. As Jim Morrison sang; Light my fire... And you (Plarium) is doing such a great effort at it...  whole thing just sad...

Please specify what topic you are talking about here:

> With the result of you close down the thread and give a "cut'n paste standard response" on behalf of Plarium

Dec 7, 2018, 16:5212/07/18
07/25/15

Alina Phoenix said:

Gadheras said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Thanks a lot, Sir Dan!

> With the result of you close down the thread and give a "cut'n paste standard response" on behalf of Plarium

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions/118174_dark-servers-suggestions/ This thread. There is a lot of disappointed players out there, to put it like that....

Dec 10, 2018, 11:1112/10/18
02/29/16

Gadheras said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Gadheras said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Thanks a lot, Sir Dan!

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions/118174_dark-servers-suggestions/ This thread. There is a lot of disappointed players out there, to put it like that....

It was closed as according to the Rules on how to submit suggestions: https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions/117637_how-to-submit-a-suggestion--3/  all topics that don't require additional details on a suggestion from players' side and got the reply from CM or moderator are closed to avoid further off-topic discussion.

If you have any comments regarding my reply on this suggestion or you have smth to add, you're welcome to send me a PM.

I would like to remind you that the discussion of admin's actions on the Forum is not allowed by its Rules.

If you have any comments on my decision you need to send them either to me in PM or to the Support team.