Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Lord OberonCharacter
Jul 27, 2018, 13:1607/27/18
01/06/15

New Feature - Champions

New Feature - Champions

Prepare For New Challenges, Battles, And Bonuses

We are delighted to announce the launch of a brand new feature - Champions. Champions are special Units you can collect and improve, with Skills that will give boosts to your Castle and armies.

If you are Level 40 or above, you can begin exploring this new feature by clicking the Champions icon on the right hand side of your Castle screen.

Here are the key features of Champions that you should know about:

- Summoning Champions

Champions must be summoned to your collection. This can be achieved by applying a new type of Item - Summoning Bonds. Summoning Bonds are available in different Rarity Grades. These Grades correspond to the Rarity Grades of the Champions they grant you. Visit the “Items” tab of the "Champions" window for more information.

- Champion Parameters

All Champions have the following attributes, the Level of which determines the power of their bonuses: Rarity Grade, Rank, Level, Skill Level, and Enlightenment Level. With the exception of the Champion's Rarity Grade, which can never be changed, these can all be improved to make your Champion more powerful.

- Champion XP, Levels, and Ranks

Once you have summoned a Champion, you can begin sending them to battles. By participating in battles, your Champion will earn XP. After they have earned a certain amount of XP, the Champion's Level will increase, and their statistics will improve.

The maximum Level your Champion can reach depends on their Rank. Once you have reached the maximum Level for a Rank, you will need to increase that Rank in order to continue progressing - by sacrificing Champions of the same Rank in the "Upgrade" tab of the Champion interface.

The maximum Rank that any Champion can reach is 6.

- Enlightenment

You must enlighten your Champions for them to reach their full potential. This process requires you to choose a Champion to sacrifice first. They must be the same Rank and Rarity Grade as the Champion you wish to Enlighten. Champions who have completed the five stages of Enlightenment can reach the maximum Level for Ranks 5 and 6.

- Strengthening your Castle

You can station Champions at your Castle to strengthen Castle or to improve Resource Production. Champions of the following Types can be stationed at your Castle: Castle Spy Unit Defense and Castle Food Production, Iron Production, Gold Production, Food Storage, Iron Storage, and Gold Storage.

- Defeating the Undead

The Undead can be found at brand new PvE locations on the Map of Darkshine. Send your Champions to fight them to earn Rewards and Champion XP. In the “Undead” tab of the Champions window, you can view all the Undead currently terrorizing the land.

Note: Your Champions require Energy to fight the Undead. This is a new Resource that will restore over time, or can be recharged instantly at a cost.

- Fight your Enemies

You can now crush the opposition with the help of Champions. Send one with Supporting Units and give their efforts the boost they need with Champion bonuses. You can choose to send a Champion alone, but they do best when leading fellow warriors to victory.

- New Daily Mar’eth Quests

Mar’eth will now have new daily quests to help you master your Champions. Visit her Abode from the main Castle interface, heed her instructions, and earn big Rewards.

- Navigating the Champion Icon

Each of a Champion's key stats can be seen at-a-glance by viewing their Icon in your Collection.

The stars in the bottom left corner of the icon indicates a Champion’s current Rank. The sphere in the upper right corner represents a Champion’s Element. (Gold/green is Earth, orange is Fire, and blue is Water) The number in the bottom right corner of the icon is the Champion’s Enlightenment level. The top left corner will show the Champion's Level

Take the challenge. Fight among Champions.

Lord Oberon

Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 27, 2018, 15:3007/27/18
12/18/14
I see there are package deals that include summoning bonds so this is something else that can be exploited by the heavy spenders, once again an upgrade that will only hurt smaller leagues and players
Jul 27, 2018, 16:0507/27/18
10/10/17
I agree with JEZEBEL... there must be better prizes to those who plays everyday and take part at tournaments, battlefields.. etc. Tha game is changing to "the most you spend, high level you get.." and that is not good for the others good players... those who build their castle working day by day...
Jul 27, 2018, 17:5607/27/18
08/21/14

This update will only increase the rate of Darkshine's death.   Balur will only grow stronger and take over faster.  The gap between the Hammers and everyone else will now get bigger than ever.   The gap between mid level coiners and the non coiners has just increased dramatically as well.

Jul 27, 2018, 20:2407/27/18
08/03/14
so...the big update is the one update no one wanted. 
Jul 27, 2018, 21:5707/27/18
12/13/14

Champions are a good addition to the game which should not affect game balance

but heavy coiners will get the best champions sooner

Do the grind and keep plugging away and we can all have decent champions fairly quickly, without spending a penny

The big problem is the low drop rates ... so don't expect instant gratification

Even if you do throw money at them you will not get the champions that you want - You have been warned

Jul 27, 2018, 23:0507/27/18
02/20/17
What improvement? The champions addition stinks for those of us with a limited spending budget, personally I.m not going to spend another penny on the game now as I think you've killed what was a decent game with this. 
Jul 28, 2018, 15:5407/28/18
Jul 28, 2018, 16:06(edited)
12/13/14

stormtrooper said:

What improvement? The champions addition stinks for those of us with a limited spending budget, personally I.m not going to spend another penny on the game now as I think you've killed what was a decent game with this. 

You dont need to spend money attempting to buy the 'best' champions ... most are free
and trying to buy them will often result in abject failure .... serves 'em right  haha

We can get grey, green and blue champions from basic summoning bonds - http://prntscr.com/kc4ty8

Purple champions drop from some of the free epic summoning bonds, but these are rare drops and you can also buy them for emeralds earned in tournaments, and for upgrading

Orange champions are incredibly rare drops, so the coiners will go mental trying to buy them .. but the rest of us can ignore them .. you will get them if you are lucky enough

Jul 28, 2018, 22:2607/28/18
08/03/14

can we make this a war game again?

BGs, fiends, dragon fights against NPC,  selling items back to NCP

too much NPC.

the updates just take away the player on player actions.  

beacons are gone, from what i understand champions kill the fortress game.

this is no longer an MMo
Jul 28, 2018, 23:3907/28/18
Jul 29, 2018, 03:44(edited)
12/18/14

Please clarify exactly what the highest bonus to troops is ....

re: a level V Champion totally maxed out 

I want to at lease know what we are dealing with here 

I have to say its a pain to have to deselect the champions when sending out resource raids
Jul 29, 2018, 07:3107/29/18
01/11/16
farmville innovated 
Jul 29, 2018, 15:2207/29/18
09/18/15

kkkkkkkkk, I remember when the hero was released, someone told "the next improvement will be a hero pet"... He was right, but instead of pet we call them champion, and we can have a lot of then, the next improvement will be a house for the hero and a yard for champions...

Jul 29, 2018, 15:2307/29/18
Jul 29, 2018, 16:03(edited)
12/13/14

Jezebel said:

Please clarify exactly what the highest bonus to troops is ....

re: a level V Champion totally maxed out 

I want to at lease know what we are dealing with here 

I have to say its a pain to have to deselect the champions when sending out resource raids

Click the INDEX button to see ALL grades and bonuses - http://prntscr.com/kcf7j5

The deselect checkbox is broken - but plarium devs refuse to admit this, or fix it .... It is not a bug it is a game feature

Garbage as usual from Agent Pavel - https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/bug-reports/97062_champion-auto-delect-broken/

The only work-around is to send, then cancel ... but this should NOT be necessary as we have to repeat this with every new champion

We should no doubt consider ourselves extremely fortunate that our Castle Champions are not auto-selected?

Jul 29, 2018, 18:3007/29/18
04/13/15
It`s called super inflation nothing changes just the percentages.
Jul 30, 2018, 12:5907/30/18
12/13/14

roadstar Pitbull said:

#5 champion, reported raid stats, are 112.5% for each troop type (inf thru beast). But which stat and if it is base or stacked on with other bonus', i do not know.

I saw some with 300%+ bonus, I think they were BG champions

Watch the youtube videos

Bonuses are calculated on top of other unit enhancing bonuses

http://prntscr.com/kcs560

This makes a massive difference

Jan 29, 2019, 13:3601/29/19
03/06/16

My champion-dryade is at level 5 stars and I should be able to avance it until 35, but it is blocked at 30.

Jan 29, 2019, 14:2801/29/19
02/22/16
You need to enlighten your Champion before you can advance it to level 35 to get your second emeralds .
Jan 29, 2019, 15:1401/29/19
03/06/16

Sorry I don't understand what is "enlightend"!  I already advanced an other one to 35 ans I did not have to do anything different than usuel...  

I might understand better if you translate the expression in the word used in the french game.  Thanks
Jan 29, 2019, 15:2901/29/19
03/06/16
I think you forgot that 4 stars is level 30 to get.  So when I succed to get to 5 stars, it is level 35 to get, but somehow this hero stoped at 30 and never got 35 when I sacrified the 4 heros at 4 stars  level to get to 5 stars.  So the game uplifted it to 5 stars without changing the level 30 to 35.  Do you understand the bug?
Jan 29, 2019, 15:5601/29/19
02/22/16
Bélialla said:

Sorry I don't understand what is "enlightend"!  I already advanced an other one to 35 ans I did not have to do anything different than usuel...  

I might understand better if you translate the expression in the word used in the french game.  Thanks
enlighten = instruire
Feb 1, 2019, 17:0602/01/19
Feb 1, 2019, 17:07(edited)
02/29/16

Bélialla said:

I think you forgot that 4 stars is level 30 to get.  So when I succed to get to 5 stars, it is level 35 to get, but somehow this hero stoped at 30 and never got 35 when I sacrified the 4 heros at 4 stars  level to get to 5 stars.  So the game uplifted it to 5 stars without changing the level 30 to 35.  Do you understand the bug?

Hello!

It's not a bug :)

You need to Instruire to get more Levels for Champions of Grade V and VI.