All Categories

Screenshot - snapshot - how to

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jan 9, 2020, 06:2501/09/20
08/09/15

before we start please note that the first 2 paragraphs are not about screenshots,skip if u dnt want to waste the ur time...

i was in my alt(ernative) acc(ount) when someone asked me in mail how do u post a screenshot of the BGs u win ? then i asked him,is it okay if i explain in league chat so if u had any immediate questions u can address them fast ? this would save us alot of time... he said yes but i could kinda feel he was a little unwilling... i later realized the reason... as i was explaining the steps to how to, i received like 20 mails asking about the steps as i was progressing with explanation...do u know why they mailed ? cuz they felt embarrassed about not knowing something that was kind of common knowledge for some people...

a huge portion of online gamers are our seniors, a part that should only be respected and yet all we have done is to drive them in a way that they would feel embarrassed about not knowing a computer thing. even now i set up my father's computer and he is only 51... not knowing how to take a screenshot is not a crime.. please be little passionate about these things... or it could be someone who just isnt good with computer apps,or someone who has always had his computer things done till now

HOW TO TAKE SCREENSHOTS or SNAPSHOT (people also say SS in short)

first i should apologize if i didn't and/or wont use the correct word choice as English is only my fifth language

1.first u need to install a screenshot app(lication) almost everyone here uses Lightshot,so we will go with this app,u can also download and install an app of ur own choosing,u can download Lightshot Here.

a. download it for mac or windows for free 

b. after u downloaded it select language of ur choosing select "OK" then on "Nexts".  that easy ! now u have the app on ur computer

2.after it is installed it goes to right bottom side of ur windows next to time where other start up apps like plarium play are...

there u right click on the screenshot app (lightshot) and click on take a screen shot

there is a shortcut for this action ! u can set a hotkey for this,when u press the hotkey on ur keyboard it will automatically bring up the selection part for ur screenshot.u just have to seth this up once and it will always remain there.u dnt have to do this every time,and its like that permanantly. u just click on ur hotkey and it brings up the snapshot page

go to ur lightshot and right click on it (as shown in former picture) then click on options

when u click on options a tab opens,there u click on hotkeys

under hotkey u tick the general hotkey ,the hotkey should be set to prnt screen,if not or if u wanted another key to be the hot key click on the slot in front of it and insert another key or keys

just click on slot and press on any key on ur keyboard and it will become ur hotkey. if u press Ctrl and S together,those keys will become ur hotkey.so if u press Ctrl and S anytime it will take a snapshot

after u set the hotkey the way u want click on "OK" 

you are set and done here ! u wont need to do this again ever.ur setting is set and finished...

3.now all u need to do is press "Prnt Screen" (or "Ctrl" and "S" together ,if thats what u set as a hot key) and select then area u want to take the screenshot of and take the screenshot

u hold ur mouse left click and drag it over the area u want to take a screenshot of

after selection u either press the button in desktop arrows point to or just press "Ctrl" and "D" together..

ur screenshot is ready to be posted.

4.go to chat/mail and paste it there : to do this all u need to do is press "Ctrl" and "V" together

Ctrl+V pastes anything copied anywhere.its not just for this app

if i was not clear on any part feel free to ask any question on any part u want answered.someone who is willing to answer will show up

Regards,

fURY,

Shtpatawn,

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 9, 2020, 13:4101/09/20
08/09/15

i consider everything when talking about things as delicate and important as this !

providing well established data with easy to understand steps really takes my time.this post alone took more than an hour of my time. i really didn't want to have to explain the procedures too...

but with now security option on the table ill have to explain the THINGS I CONSIDERED WRITING THIS ONE WITH REASONING

1. first any connection to a network takes some processing power from ur system...no matter how trivial they are they add up !

2. with flash player being abandoned players will have to go to plarium app sooner or later..that means another tutorial for players who are not good with technicality again.ill be honest i dnt mind writing another one.i even answer private messages but in comparison to the extension and/or app,app is better and usable not only here but even in any power point, word and other programs... 

3.in each explanation i dnt just explain the subject at hand,i also try to explain related things at hand, for example abbreviations for things like alt(ernative) acc(ount) showin alt acc stands for that... not that they also learn how to copy/paste with buttons not right clicking, Ctrl+C (copy), Ctrl+V (paste) and options like these which will later help them not only in game but also anywhere they need as these kinda info can be very usefull when talkin with others in game..i really didnt want to explain this one but just said it..

4. there are alot of other things,one of which is 95% of players,myself included have used the app over 5 years playing this game

5. the security option is the most important one and as google chrome is the most trusted in my eyes and u urself also mentioned the name:

this is the google chrome evaluation for lightshot download address.. if u also read further the details that would take alot of time and lots of snapshots being needed to provide here in short it entails that any app received from any of the secure sites will also be secure and has passed the test..

with plarium app becoming a norm id recommend the app,still in the end it all comes down to players and what they want to use,..

cheers,

fURY,

shtpatawn,