League Brawl Tutorial

23 Replies
Character
8 April, 2019, 10:02 AM UTC

Lords and Ladies, a special new League Tournament is upon us - the League Brawl.

Muster your League Members to prove your nobility!



Tournament Overview


The League Brawl is a time-limited Tournament that lasts for 2 days. During this Tournament, your League will be matched with an Opponent League to compete with. Both Leagues must complete a variety of Tournament Tasks to earn Tournament Points. The League which earns more Points will be declared the winner.


Two days before the Tournament commences, League Members will be able to see the Teaser in the Events window. You can see your Opponent League here and do your research to craft a winning strategy.


Tournament Mechanics

To participate in this Tournament, you must meet the following conditions:

Your League must have more than 5 000 000 Power Points (Your League Marshal and authorized League Members can check it in the League Statistics tab)

Your League should have been created more than 30 days ago

Your League should not be in the process of being dismissed

You must be a member of a League for more than 7 days

Your League must be matched with an Opponent

Tournament Tasks

Your League must complete Tournament Tasks to earn Tournament Points. The Tasks can be viewed in the "Info" tab of the Teaser found in the Event window. There is a huge number of Tasks so all active League Members can earn Tournament Points easily. The types of Tasks are:

PvP Battles. Earn Points for Units and Spirit Wardens destroyed at various locations.


Note: ONLY Units belonging to your Opponent League will earn you Points.



Battlegrounds And Beacons. Amass Points by:

- Winning at Battlegrounds and Stoneheart Battlegrounds

- Completing Saga Quests and Stoneheart Saga Quests

- Destroying Balur's Units at Beacons



Castle. Accumulate Points by:

- Constructing and upgrading Buildings

- Discovering and upgrading Lost Arts and Stoneheart Lost Arts

- Discovering and upgrading Dragon Arts

- Doing Rituals at the Obelisk of Power

- Activating Dragon Bonuses


Resources. Earn Points by:

- Applying Gold, Iron, Food, Adamantine, or Maranian Amulet Resource Packs

- Raiding Resources



 Hamlets. Claim points by collecting Resources from Hamlets.



Unit Collection. Rack up Points by acquiring any type of Unit: Regular Units, Imperial Units, Eldritch Units, Legendary Units, Sorcery Spells, Spirit Wardens, and Stoneheart Units. You will get Points for:

- Training Units

- Getting Units through Special Offers

- Purchasing Units at the Black Market

- Earning Units as Rewards from Battlegrounds



Unit Revival. Gain Points for reviving Units at the Black Market or the Infirmary.



Unit Rank Upgrade. Earn Points for upgrading Unit Ranks.


Champion Battles. Seize Points by defeating the Undead and Corrupted Units.



Champions. Gather Points by:

- Summoning Champions

- Applying Orbs

- Increasing the Rank and Level of your Champions or Geists

- Enlightening Champions



Divine Quests. Collect Points by completing Individual, League, and Paragon Divine Quests.



Mar'eth Quests. Receive Points for completing Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Mar'eth Quests.



Hero Equipment. Obtain Points by:

- Opening Hero Equipment Chests

- Selling Hero Equipment

- Upgrading Hero Equipment



The more Tournament Points you earn, the more valuable will be your Rewards.


Opponent League Selection

1. For the first Tournament, Leagues will be divided into Tiers based on their Power Points to make it competitive and fair. In subsequent Tournaments, every League will be placed in a Tier based on the Tournament Points earned in the previous League Brawl. Leagues are matched with others in the same Tier. Higher Tiers yield greater Rewards.

2. Leagues are paired based on the following factors:

They are not from the same Coalition

They have not been matched with each other in the last 5 League Brawls

Note: Sometimes there may be no other option but to pair Opponents from the same Coalition. Further, in the Stone Tier, there is a chance that a League will not be assigned an Opponent and will not be able to participate in the Tournament.


Rankings

The League Brawl Tournament has a new Ranking category - Tier Rankings.

Each Tier has its own Ranking. Leagues that reach the Top 10 of their Tier will receive special Rewards. The higher the Tier, the better will be the Reward.

Rewards

There are three types of Rewards in this Tournament. Each League Member can earn one or more of the following Rewards:

Reward for Completing Stages in your Tier. If your League completes a Stage, you can claim a Reward immediately.

Reward for Winning the League Brawl. If your League earns more Tournament Points than your Opponent League, you can claim this Reward after the Tournament finishes.

Reward for Ranking in the Top 10 of your Tier. If your League earns enough Tournament Points to be ranked among the TOP 10 Leagues in your Tier, you can claim this Reward after the Tournament finishes.

Note: To claim Rewards, League Members must earn at least one Tournament Point.

Now, get together with your League and blow your rivals away!


Oberon, Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall
UTC +2:00
0
User
8 April, 2019, 11:05 AM UTC
If one of the member has holiday the whole league doesnt get any reward?
UTC +8:00
0
User
8 April, 2019, 12:43 PM UTC

Lord Oberon said:


League Brawl.

PvP Battles. Earn Points for Units and Spirit Wardens destroyed at various locations.


Note: ONLY Units belonging to your Opponent League will earn you Points.

As expected, my league is matched against an Ally

You have done NOTHING to fix this problem even tho you have received many complaints about the League Duels

You have actually managed to make this situation much worse, because all other pvp battles will be excluded
Leagues with no friends, allies, coalitions or peace treaties have been handed a huge advantage


p.s. Power Points are not 'fair'

A level one dragon with no bonuses has exactly the same Power Points (42) as a level 32 dragon with maximum bonuses ... so how is this fair?




UTC +0:00
0
User
8 April, 2019, 1:18 PM UTC

Feuerherz DSW said:

If one of the member has holiday the whole league doesnt get any reward?
Thats not fair for the league. If that is the case, what is the point of participating. I would ask my league not to bother with the brawl and just play how they usually play everyday. 
UTC +4:00
0
Moderator
8 April, 2019, 2:11 PM UTC

RedBaron said:



Feuerherz DSW said:

If one of the member has holiday the whole league doesn't get any reward?
That's not fair for the league. If that is the case, what is the point of participating. I would ask my league not to bother with the brawl and just play how they usually play everyday. 

I do not see where it says  every player in the league must compete I see where is says to receive a reward a player must collect at least 1 point in the event.


The Keep
UTC +4:00
0
User
8 April, 2019, 2:22 PM UTC

It is way too vague... 

It can be read in the way you specified or the other way around. Just wanted to clarify. I asked my agent this question but I did not get any reply. So I thought I would come here. 
UTC +4:00
0
User
8 April, 2019, 2:26 PM UTC

Got confirmation from the Agent. 

"Hello Red! Thank you for the question.

This means that a player should earn at least one point in the Tournament in order to get Tournament rewards.

All players who have earned points will be able to claim their rewards normally."

So all good. 

UTC +4:00
1
Moderator
8 April, 2019, 2:41 PM UTC
RedBaron said:

Got confirmation from the Agent. 

"Hello Red! Thank you for the question.

This means that a player should earn at least one point in the Tournament in order to get Tournament rewards.

All players who have earned points will be able to claim their rewards normally."

So all good. 

There is nothing wrong with getting confirmation I'm glad to of been of assistance. 
The Keep
UTC +4:00
0
Moderator
8 April, 2019, 2:44 PM UTC

Inigo Montoya said:


Lord Oberon said:


League Brawl.

PvP Battles. Earn Points for Units and Spirit Wardens destroyed at various locations.


Note: ONLY Units belonging to your Opponent League will earn you Points.

As expected, my league is matched against an Ally

You have done NOTHING to fix this problem even tho you have received many complaints about the League Duels

You have actually managed to make this situation much worse, because all other pvp battles will be excluded
Leagues with no friends, allies, coalitions or peace treaties have been handed a huge advantage


p.s. Power Points are not 'fair'

A level one dragon with no bonuses has exactly the same Power Points (42) as a level 32 dragon with maximum bonuses ... so how is this fair?






In some ways this can be an advantage if allied leagues agree to take turns in helping their allied Opponent to gain points to boost them ahead of the other contenders . It's all a matter strategy and adaptation to gain advantage in whatever creative way you can devise .

The Keep
UTC +4:00
0
User
8 April, 2019, 4:04 PM UTC
Truth Wesley, Put the Strategy back into this Strategy Game.  Even if it is mainly P2P Now ;)
UTC +0:00
0
User
8 April, 2019, 6:46 PM UTC

On the face of it, I'd find it hard to criticize this new tourney. You can pretty much earn points for doing nearly anything in the game that you'd do on a daily basis anyway. Off the top of my head, they missed out on points for using DE and points for activating your Paragon. But that's just nit-picking.


I assume you'd need to earn at least 1 point in each of the 10 Stages in order to get the max rewards? Or can you just earn 1 point in any Stage and then get the rewards for all Stages that are eventually completed? It doesn't seem very clear from this bit of text. (At least, not to me.)


Hola!
UTC -12:00
0
Moderator
9 April, 2019, 12:30 AM UTC
Limad said:

On the face of it, I'd find it hard to criticize this new tourney. You can pretty much earn points for doing nearly anything in the game that you'd do on a daily basis anyway. Off the top of my head, they missed out on points for using DE and points for activating your Paragon. But that's just nit-picking.


I assume you'd need to earn at least 1 point in each of the 10 Stages in order to get the max rewards? Or can you just earn 1 point in any Stage and then get the rewards for all Stages that are eventually completed? It doesn't seem very clear from this bit of text. (At least, not to me.)


I'm thinking you maybe correct but as I have yet to see it in action I'll need to reserve my full yes or no about that :)
The Keep
UTC +4:00
0
Moderator
9 April, 2019, 12:38 AM UTC

THE Jew said:


Truth Wesley, Put the Strategy back into this Strategy Game.  Even if it is mainly P2P Now ;)

Well  I admittedly did get some nice Discounted packages  this week while the Fortress discount was active and made my Castle less raider friendly But other than getting into a great league that has a few that have deeper pockets  so I get rained upon by gift Chest when they buy a package. money helps  but strategy has kept me  playing that and rebuilding when bad luck beats  strategy :)  

I have Noticed that Baldur's units seem to be a bit more aggressive than they were before 
The Keep
UTC +4:00
0
User
9 April, 2019, 7:31 AM UTC
Thank you Redbaron.
UTC +8:00
0
User
9 April, 2019, 2:04 PM UTC

Does this replace the duels?

I don't see the point of keeping both
UTC +8:00
0
Moderator
9 April, 2019, 4:09 PM UTC
Stiletto said:

Does this replace the duels?

I don't see the point of keeping both
HHHmmm Not sure maybe it will or maybe it won't or maybe both might get run at the same time  it is in the hands of the Game Gods. Only time will tell :) 
The Keep
UTC +4:00
0
User
12 April, 2019, 5:00 AM UTC

it was the best activity plarium has done so far. 

i hope brawl will continue frequently.
UTC +0:00
0
User
18 April, 2019, 10:53 PM UTC

Not sure  about this BRAWL - I see peeps have weighed in - Well there is NO winning unless you get  a TIER...

DANG TOUGH TIER ONE ...gives me a GUT ACHE,,,,I will just play through from now on...


I did 1 days activation and extra dailies and had lucky building upgrades...keep on them champions and hit the dragon..raids and what not...


PLEASE....30 sapphires / tier one ...to WIN... 20 soulstones - and that class 3 orb....UGH !!!!   not for me...Just saying...


and JUST LAST WEEK AND AGAIN THIS WEEK ???  I will run out of one days...NO CAN DO !!!   cool idea though - just BEYOND REACH !!!
UTC +7:00
0
Community Manager
22 April, 2019, 10:29 AM UTC

Hello, Lords. Thank you all for your thoughts. We're going to launch a League Brawl tourney each week. We believe that it's not an impossible task to earn some points into the overall League score in the tourney. As far as I know, a lot of teams found this event beneficial and play actively in order to get valuable prizes.


Wish you all good luck in battles!
UTC +8:00
1
User
24 April, 2019, 9:48 AM UTC

It's nice to see new content.

Couple of questions.

What was the thought process behind not allowing defensive troops and legendaries to be chosen for the rewards?

Also would be interesting to hear what the devs were thinking to provide such a massive reward. Not that I suspect anyone is going to complain but it's more than people can build from 24/7 production and all that is required is getting 1 point from what I read above. So it's a huge reward with one of lowest thresholds to get the reward of all league based tournaments.

Also why such low scoring for raiding (which is the only major game activity that doesn't have it's own tournament). 1k points for a day's full raiding at 100k each, compared to 20/30k points from killing one reasonably sized BG.




UTC +0:00
0
6698708 users registered; 104416 topics; 456051 post; our newest member:ryzke