League Tower Event - Dev notes

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Lord OberonCharacter
Nov 6, 2018, 11:0311/06/18
01/06/15

My Lords and Ladies, a new challenge has arrived in your game!

Introducing a new feature - the League Tower Event!

The League Tower Event is a unique new Event launching in Stormfall. Gather your League Members and show your opponents what real teamwork is. Develop a strategy with your League, complete your objectives in a timely manner, and communicate effectively with your fellow League Members to achieve victory!

Overview

The League Tower Event allows League Members to work together by fighting the Corrupted with Champions to get Champion XP and incredible Rewards.

The Tower is split into floors. The Corrupted are malevolent creatures who patrol these floors. You will need to defeat all of the Corrupted on each Floor in order to progress to the next Floor. Leagues that clear all the Floors in a Tower will be richly rewarded!

This is a time-limited Event. You have a total of 6 days to clear the floors before the current Event expires. Once this happens and a new Event begins, you will need to start again from the very beginning.

The Event is available for League Members with access to Champions. League Members must also be fully-fledged Members of their Leagues to participate in the League Tower Event.

The Corrupted

The Corrupted have Levels and some - but not all - have Elements. If the Champion’s Element beats the Corrupted’s Element, the Champion will get a 25% Attack Boost in the battle. This increase will be applied to the total power of the attack - ensuring you inflict even more damage on the Corrupted. If your attack results in a Critical Strike, the elemental bonus will be applied to the total power of the Critical Strike.

The Corrupted cannot receive elemental bonuses. This will enable League Members to clear more floors. In this case you can choose whether to send a more powerful Champion or a less powerful Champion that has the necessary Element.

Mechanics

Each League Member can use only 1 Champion of each Type (for example, a Dryad - Type: Castle Defense) during the League Tower Event. There are 15 Types of Champions which means that each player can launch a total of 15 attacks against the League Tower, unless you use a Champion Type Unblocker (see below).

For example, if you use the Templar (Champion Type: Raids) any other Templar Champions you have will be blocked from entering the Tower until the next Event. This means that to succeed, each League Member should have various Champion Types.

Certain Tower Floors can only be cleared by certain Champions. For example, Champions of all Rarity Grades are able to clear the first 20 Floors, but only Champions of Rarity Grade V are able to clear the Tower’s final 5 Floors.

Note: The best strategy is one that sees you defeat the Corrupted in a single battle. While a Champion's attack reduces a Corrupted’s HP in a fight, thus weakening them so they’re easier for your other Champions to defeat, you can only send a total of 15 Champions to the Tower during the Event. As a result, the more Champions it takes to defeat the Corrupted, the less likely it is that you’ll be able to reach the higher Tower Floors.

Once you’ve cleared Floor 1 of the Tower, you’ll be able to use a Champion Type Unblocker. Remember: You can only unblock each Champion Type ONCE. This means that, if an Unblocker is used on each Champion Type, you’ll be able to send a total of 30 Champions of different Types to attack the Tower during one single Event.

Rewards

Rewards you receive for clearing Tower Floors can be divided into 3 types:

Personal Reward. You receive this Reward for defeating the Corrupted on the Tower Floors. This Reward is the same as the one players receive by defeating Undead in the Champion window.

Milestone Floor Reward. This Reward is given to Leagues upon successfully clearing a Milestone Floor. To receive this Reward, each League Member must defeat at least one of the Corrupted within a given number of floors.

Special League Reward. This Reward is given to a League that successfully clears Floors 30, 50, and 100. To receive this Reward, each League Member must have defeated at least one of the Corrupted during the current League Tower Event.

Rewards gained during the League Tower Event can be claimed once the Event has ended. Exceptions are Champion XP and Energy gained in battles with the Corrupted, which are added to your account automatically.

Geists

Geists are a special type of Champion. They cannot participate in battles but when sacrificed they give huge amounts of Champion XP to a chosen Champion. You will receive Geists as part of your League's Milestone Rewards. Geists also have Rank and Rarity Grades. You can increase their Levels and Ranks but they cannot be Enlightened. Geists exist largely to improve other types of Champions. To increase your Champion's Rank, sacrifice Geists of the same Rank and Rarity Grade as the Champion you want to improve.

Geists gained as Rewards are sent to the “Goods” tab of the Inbox window. You’ll be able to send Geists to the slots in the Champion window within a set period of time. If you fail to do this before the time runs out, the awarded Geists will be lost.

Ranking

You can track the progress you and your League make in the League Tower Event with the following Rankings:

1) Your League’s position in the Rankings will be calculated according to the highest floor you are able to clear during the League Tower Event. The higher the floor, the higher your position in the Rankings! Gather your League Members and aim for the stars (i.e. Floor 100).

2) Your position in the League Rankings will be calculated according to how much damage you inflicted on the Corrupted compared to the other warriors in your League.

Tips

The League Tower Event is sure to challenge even the most experienced Lords and Ladies. A League that works well together and goes in with an effective strategy is key to your success in this Event.

Here are some tips to help you achieve success in the League Tower Event:

More powerful Corrupted appear the higher up the Tower you go, so you’d be wise to use your less powerful Champions to fight the Corrupted on the lower floors. Save your strongest Champions for the higher floors.

Communicate with your fellow League Members to learn which Champions each has. This way you can develop an effective strategy and send the most suitable Champion to defeat the Corrupted. The most suitable Champion will be the one whose Type and Rarity Grade matches best with that floor. To help your League communicate most effectively, a chat has been added that will include information about the current League Tower Event.

Increase your League’s power! The more active Members you have in your League, the better your chances of reaching and clearing Floor 100.

Upgrade your Champions, get additional Champion Types, and achieve victory!

A towering adventure awaits you – and thrilling Rewards to boot!

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 10, 2018, 06:1411/10/18
10/23/15
This event is slanted against the smaller leagues that have fewer active members and will never reach floor 30 for league rewards. The big leagues get stronger and receive more bonuses while the smaller leagues go no where. 
Nov 12, 2018, 12:2311/12/18
02/29/16

Geraldthelonely said:

This event is slanted against the smaller leagues that have fewer active members and will never reach floor 30 for league rewards. The big leagues get stronger and receive more bonuses while the smaller leagues go no where. 

Hello!

Then think about extending your League. No matter how many players you have in the League, Tower is a good chance for any League to receive free rewards.

So, yes, bigger Leagues will get more rewards. But they have more members so it's quite logical.

Nov 12, 2018, 23:4011/12/18
07/28/14

I agree with Gerald, its a broken event. The bigger leagues will get more than the smaller. Even expanding the league it wont work.

Like Apocalypse Horsemen, we 117 members, even we are having trouble with the tower event. Members must hit each floor in order to get league rewards. How when each has 12 bosses and you got a 117??? We did , we hit the milestone floors but no one got the league rewards.

So please tell us how a 117 are supposed to do this, when each member has different times and days they play, to make this a viable event for our league.
Nov 13, 2018, 02:2611/13/18
05/17/16
Rarius_Lycan said:

I agree with Gerald, its a broken event. The bigger leagues will get more than the smaller. Even expanding the league it wont work.

Like Apocalypse Horsemen, we 117 members, even we are having trouble with the tower event. Members must hit each floor in order to get league rewards. How when each has 12 bosses and you got a 117??? We did , we hit the milestone floors but no one got the league rewards.

So please tell us how a 117 are supposed to do this, when each member has different times and days they play, to make this a viable event for our league.
You are wrong in so many ways. Anybody who participates in the event gets the league reward, it doesn't matter the size, just that you clear the milestone level. Also you don't have to hit EACH floor, you have to hit ONCE for EVERY block of 5 floors. You have to space out your hits. It you come on, use up all 14 champions in one block and leave, you're gonna do terribly. This event is about timing and patience.
Nov 13, 2018, 07:0611/13/18
07/28/14
Scrolls R US said:

Rarius_Lycan said:

You are wrong in so many ways. Anybody who participates in the event gets the league reward, it doesn't matter the size, just that you clear the milestone level. Also you don't have to hit EACH floor, you have to hit ONCE for EVERY block of 5 floors. You have to space out your hits. It you come on, use up all 14 champions in one block and leave, you're gonna do terribly. This event is about timing and patience.
Then explain to me Scroll how our league had one member hitting a 1/12 bosses, then repeating up on the next floor. Yet we made floor 17 and nobody got diddly for a reward. 3 Basic summoning scrolls, 3 league chest, and 4 Giest cards. But yet none received the league bonuses. Maybe a bug? Who knows.  I'd be glad to hear more, if you got a viable plan on it. Just look me up on Dark Plains.
Nov 13, 2018, 08:5711/13/18
05/17/16
Because you need to clear level 25 to claim the first league milestone reward
Nov 13, 2018, 20:3311/13/18
Nov 13, 2018, 20:36(edited)
12/13/14

Scrolls R US said:

Because you need to clear level 25 to claim the first league milestone reward

floor 30 gives a couple of free firebombs, which are now obsolete haha

unless you love to waste firebombs killing a few spirit wardens
Nov 14, 2018, 19:1811/14/18
11/14/18
I have a problem i buy 4 pack for 15 USD but i resev aonly 2 becaz servor oz down i have the pictures withe the pay but i reserv only 2 i luz 30USD, pls explay how you chen help me
Nov 14, 2018, 19:3211/14/18
08/30/17

Vatamanu said:

I have a problem i buy 4 pack for 15 USD but i resev aonly 2 becaz servor oz down i have the pictures withe the pay but i reserv only 2 i luz 30USD, pls explay how you chen help me

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Pls post this issue in Bug reports section and a Support Agent from Plarium will investigate the issue. Also, pls write there castle coords, server and platform...

Thanks and enjoy the forum - here you'll find many useful informations and you'll meet new friends which are playing the game!

Bogdan
Nov 18, 2018, 06:1411/18/18
02/22/15
So is it only the League tower event that is skewed towards larger leagues? I think every league event is. I know I started in a smaller league than I am in now and I also know when the league I am in now started it was started with one member, after lots of hard work and great members it has grown to a large league. I think the large leagues have paid their due's to get where they are and now receive the benefits. It is a level playing field when it comes to the growth of a league, all have equal opportunity to make their league great. Take a look at Royal Phoenix, they have made their mark in a very short time I think less than 8 months since inception and finished quite well in the tower event.  I am pretty sure some leagues have been around longer and are still smaller or the real answer is less active.
Dec 4, 2018, 16:0612/04/18
07/03/15
I see nothing that describes what the league does with all the league geists /awards won in tower challenge, only what to do with personal rewards?? Explain please.
Dec 5, 2018, 16:0812/05/18
02/29/16

Euclus said:

I see nothing that describes what the league does with all the league geists /awards won in tower challenge, only what to do with personal rewards?? Explain please.

Hello!

The League does nothing with Geists, players receive these rewards personally :)

If you won Geists, you receive this Geist to your account and decide what to do with it.