All Categories

100% Sorcery Shield protection

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jan 10, 2021, 15:3601/10/21
09/11/19

I am currently working on maxing Sorcery Shield protection, My Augur is at 94.5% and stone hearts Sorcery Sheild is at 100%

This said should I be looking at this as my troops will be 94.5% protected or will I still be losing the same amount of troops until my Augur champ is at or above 100% ?

Will any troops Not be protected  ei... spirits, castle guards, leaguemates reinforcements. non stoneheart troops ect ..

Is Sorcery Sheild Chance worth upgrading after my Augur and Sorcery shield are at 100% or better ?

I am asking since I am hearing conflicting news about how Sorcery Shield actually works

This ''benifit'' is expensive to obtain for a non coiner so anyone that can clarify the ''expected vs real world'' results will be appreciated

Views
Comments
Comments
MicModerator
Jan 10, 2021, 18:5001/10/21
02/22/19

Hello my Lord, 

Sure is worth to upgrade the Sorcery Sheild Chance    at lvl 20  give you 30% chance to activate the Sorcery Shield  ! Depends also how many units do you have  😎 

Jan 12, 2021, 14:1801/12/21
09/11/19

http://prntscr.com/wlunpo

Looking at the Augur it says % of activation not Chance of activation. So according to this once at 100% with the Augur abilities and 100% Sorcery Shield your castle ''Should'' be 100% Fire Ball proof without anything in Sorcery Shield Chance. Sorcery Shield Chance Should be for those with Less then 100% in the other 2 to help them avoid FB's until they achieve 100% 

If this is Not the case Plarium needs to change what is in the Augur to % of inf/cav/occ/beast activation Chance since the way it is worded now has it claiming to activate at the % you have the Augur at.

This is the exact reason i'm asking here to get this clearly stated exactly what each part of the stoneheart abilities relies on it's level .... so that players know that 100% Augur + 100% Sorcery Shield equals 100% FB protection OR you need 30% Sorcery Shield Chance to only have 30% TOTAL FB protection

IF the 30% FB protection is the Maximum available then this needs to be Clearly stated somewhere

Jan 12, 2021, 14:4801/12/21
07/10/14

One art is the level of protection you get. One art affects the chance that the protection will activiate. 

It's possible to get 100% activiation chance your beast riders, and in with conjunction the basic sorcery shield art at lvl 20 for that to protect against 100% of FB damage.... so effectively you become immune to FB's.

But it's not up to anyone here to tell you exactly how that works. Its part of becomnig a good player to experiment in the game and work out the factors that influence something and how the game calculates them.

And it's certainly not up to Plarium to lay bare the mechanics so they are obvious to everyone - not unless you want to be playing a game for 5 year olds, with no challenge.

Jan 13, 2021, 15:3401/13/21
09/11/19

I'm not asking for Plarium to ''bare the mechanics'' just word the abilities correctly in the appropriate lost arts and champions that ''activate them'' since it seams 100% in the Sorcery Shield plus 94% in the Augur does not translate to ''about 100% FB proof'' ... it's more like 10% in the game. This ability is not easy or cheap to obtain and needs better wording in those seperate ''abilities and activators'' to better represent what players can/should expect when used.

As this forum is here to ''help improve'' people's understanding of the game I asked legitimate questions about just that, how to better understand how the interaction of hard earned abilities translate into actual game play

By the by I do not know of any 5 year olds that play this game ... 

Jan 14, 2021, 06:0001/14/21
07/10/14

Honestly this stuff is pretty clear:

"One art is the level of protection you get. One art affects the chance that the protection will activiate."

The level of protection you will get.

i

If the activiation chance is successful.

i

And as the champ says on the tin - it affects the activiation chance.

Jan 14, 2021, 09:2101/14/21
08/02/15

DJ Moody

Those i have read a few times, you forgot a component in the equation the Augur Champion

The Augur activates the Stoneheart abilities and once at 100% they should activate every time since my Sorcery Shield ability is at 100% ..... without even adding the 15% ''chance'' from the other lost art  Sorcery Shield Chance

At the top of the Augur it states ''Stoneheart Ability Activation Chance'' with the % of that ''chance'' in the lower columns. Once at 100% or more the activation by the Augur should be continuous, hence ''chance removed''

This brings me to the reason i've come to this forum for more information. It seams that ''most'' playing this game would ''take for granted'' that 100% castle sorcery shield protection added together with an activated 94% Augur would translate to 94% troop savings from FB's (not even counting the 15% from ''chance'') .... this however is not the case.

The protection works, just not at 94%    Out of 47 ten packs dropped on my castle 45 of them resulted in troop loss (not total 10 packs worth but adding up none the less) the other 2 ten packs only 1 troop died. I realize Plariums ''math'' is not quite up to Bureau of Weights and Measures standards after all this is a game and some latitude is given .... you would think they would be closer to what was achieved not what was actually seen in the reports.

My Augur will be over 100% soon and seeing how easily it is to attact copious amounts of FB's I will take your advise and test it ... then post my results here.

Jan 14, 2021, 18:0301/14/21
07/10/14

Seriously did you not read the whole post. Its only got 4 lines of text in it....

"And as the champ says on the tin - it affects the activiation chance."

You jumped to an assumption about how the Augur works. Other champs bonuses don't work like that. And if it did work the way you expected, it would be really bad game design as maxing the champ to 168% would be pointless (anything over 100% be be a waste), and the Sorcery Activation art iteself (and any other element of the calculation) would be rendered untterly irrelevant by the champ.

Logical conclusion - its pretty unlikely to work like that. And I can tell you it doesn't work like that.

Jan 15, 2021, 14:3501/15/21
08/02/15

DJ Moody

I'm afraid alot of champ bonuses work like that, if you raid using a champ the extra resources add up to what the champ % amount is, the same with BG champs effect on troops sent so wouldn't it be logical to expect all champs to work as '' advertised''

Granted I did think having some at better than 100% would be a waste ( case in point the Augur) but the deleted post right before my last post explained everything perfectly  :)  This will now be posted on our leagues website ( where others cannot censor) so at least my leaguemates will have a better understanding on how/what the % of each stoneheart ability translates into real game mechanics.

Jan 16, 2021, 02:4401/16/21
Jan 16, 2021, 03:12(edited)
07/10/14

What league / server are you in out of interest.

Jan 17, 2021, 15:4501/17/21
08/02/15

DJ Moody, I am playing 1 server with RA

Well I will explain how each part of this ability interacts ... hopefully in a Moderator friendy way

Sorcery Shield = the percentage of troops covered from FB's when activated

Sorcery Shield Chance = the percentage of FB protection's chance of activation

Augur = the percentage that sorcery shield chance is multiplied by

Beast Riders = troops needed up top to activate Sorcery Shield

You can check what your present percentages are in the Keep were stoneheart abilities are listed at the top

There are other things that I probably will not be able to post here seeing I would like this to stay and help clarify interacions for this ability.

Jan 17, 2021, 21:2701/17/21
Jan 17, 2021, 21:32(edited)
07/10/14

I thought I recognised the name from somewhere. Probably bumped into eachother somewhere.

Jan 18, 2021, 13:3001/18/21
Jan 18, 2021, 13:32(edited)
02/20/17

with this Augur level i have 100% fb protection but not each and every time';sometimes i lose few units wich means protection is not 100% but anyways close to...but the most of time it works.Of course beast riders abillities are level 20

i

Jan 18, 2021, 20:3101/18/21
08/02/15

DJ Moody : We may have met playing the game ... don't remember though.  

Working out the interactions between SS/SSC/Augur/Beast Riders took me awhile so now working on maxing it as much as possible. Have also been playing around loading 10 BR up top then adding different troops until I reach the percentage achieved with SSC trying to figure out how many each BR cover. 

Thank you for trying to help it's just that I have read through all the abilities sooo many times then thinking it was good to go until those 10 packs came raining down. You wouldn't believe how many players thought that 100% SS + 100% Augur = 100% FB protection, I wasn't alone.

Constatin Catalin: Nice Champs    Have a way to go with them since still missing 3 grade 5's to have them all, much less all enlightened ... someday  :)   With your troops up top you can check inside your Keep to see where SS & SSC percentages are at  ie ... 100% SS + 80% SSC Those numbers should work out to losing troops 2 out of 10 FB attacks ... those numbers would be great for me ! ... you would need to check yours. Also with your Augur so high the rest of the Stone Heart abilities are right there for the pickings.

BiohazarDModerator
Jan 18, 2021, 22:1001/18/21
10/04/13
Constantin Catalin

with this Augur level i have 100% fb protection but not each and every time';sometimes i lose few units wich means protection is not 100% but anyways close to...but the most of time it works.Of course beast riders abillities are level 20

i

If you have 100% protection and it activates it should protect all your units, but remember it only protects YOUR units.  If other people have troops in your castle they won't be protected by your stoneheart activation.  

Jan 20, 2021, 22:5401/20/21
Jan 20, 2021, 22:55(edited)
02/20/17
bonnieslayer

DJ Moody : We may have met playing the game ... don't remember though.  

Working out the interactions between SS/SSC/Augur/Beast Riders took me awhile so now working on maxing it as much as possible. Have also been playing around loading 10 BR up top then adding different troops until I reach the percentage achieved with SSC trying to figure out how many each BR cover. 

Thank you for trying to help it's just that I have read through all the abilities sooo many times then thinking it was good to go until those 10 packs came raining down. You wouldn't believe how many players thought that 100% SS + 100% Augur = 100% FB protection, I wasn't alone.

Constatin Catalin: Nice Champs    Have a way to go with them since still missing 3 grade 5's to have them all, much less all enlightened ... someday  :)   With your troops up top you can check inside your Keep to see where SS & SSC percentages are at  ie ... 100% SS + 80% SSC Those numbers should work out to losing troops 2 out of 10 FB attacks ... those numbers would be great for me ! ... you would need to check yours. Also with your Augur so high the rest of the Stone Heart abilities are right there for the pickings.

Thanks;still got 3 not enlightened but most of them are fully orbed.I would had most of them fully enlightened but i sacrificed many gold champs 5 stars and even 6 starts in order to get those many orbs-we can t have all we want,,.I know about percentages in Keep..

i

Jan 20, 2021, 22:5601/20/21
02/20/17
BiohazarD

If you have 100% protection and it activates it should protect all your units, but remember it only protects YOUR units.  If other people have troops in your castle they won't be protected by your stoneheart activation.  

Hi Biohazard.. i m awared only my troops are protected.. :)  i m an old player 

Jan 29, 2021, 00:0701/29/21
09/26/15

100% Sorcery Shield Protection 

First you need to take the "Sorcery Shield" StoneHeart lost art to lvl 20 , this gives 100% sorcery shield ... 

Now you have to activate this protection ...

Activation Chance has 3 factors :

* 1st factor * : It's the number of beast riders you have in the army you will be using and the percentage those beast riders represent in the group ... Example : you are sending 1000 beast rider along with 9000 griffens ... total number of units is 10 000 ... thhe percentage the beast riders represent is 10%

* 2nd factor * : Is the "Sorcery Shield Chance" StoneHeart lost art ... gget it to lvl 20 and you will get 30% chance 

* 3rd factor * : It's the Champion of StoneHeart Activation Chance ...

How is the overall chance calculated now ? simple 

Chance = 1st factor percentage  MULTIPLIED BY (2nd factor percentage + 100% ) MULTIPLIED BY (3rd factor percentage +100%)

So let's say i have 1000 Beast Rider and 9000 griffens / 30% activation chance from lost art and an 94.5% Champion of activation chance ...

This will be my activation chance according to those conditions :

10% MULTIPLIED BY (30%+100%) MULTIPLIED BY (94.5%+100%) = 25.285% 

Not so great , and as you can see the 2nd and 3rd factor are almost constant and when maxed they become constant for good , so the most important factor is the 1st factor ... How many Beast riders you got and how much percentage tthey represent ...

Ok , HOW MANY BEAST RIDERS I SHOULD SEND TO GET A PERMANENT 100% CHANCE ???

Percentage of beast riders needed = 100% DEVIDED BY (2nd factor percentage + 100% ) DEVIDED BY (3rd factor percentage +100%) 

Let's try this with the same conditions we did before :

Percentage of beast riders needed = 100% DEVIDED BY (30%+100%) DEVIDED BY (94.5%+100%)= 39.54%      .... it means 3954 beast rider in each total of 10 000 troops (3954 beast riders+6046 griffens or other troops) If you get your Champion higher then the number of beast riders needed will drop 

Sor someone who has the 2nd and 3rd factor maxed to the top , he will only need 2881 beast riders in each total of 10 000 troops ... (2881 beast rider + 7119 griffens or other troops , all the 10 000 troops will be 100% immune to fireballs) That's the best one can ever get ...

And this is not "sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't" ... that'ss how you conttrol your activation chance !

Hope this helps

May 26, 2021, 12:0405/26/21
09/11/19

Update- I have now ''tested'' the activation of this ability .... it works great !

With Sorcery Shield @ 100% , Sorcery Shield Chance @ 30% , Augur ( activate champion) @ 162%  ...plus 3k+ Beast Riders plus All of my SH/defense troops up top I am 100% covered 82% of the time fire balls are raining down. 

In other words out of 10 ten packs only 2 hit my troops with 8 of those showing zero losses (my troops). This ability works while at leaguemates castles as well ... 

It will take years to build enough SH troops to achieve 100% coverage so 82 % in a few months works for me

MicModerator
May 26, 2021, 17:4505/26/21
02/22/19
Barney

Update- I have now ''tested'' the activation of this ability .... it works great !

With Sorcery Shield @ 100% , Sorcery Shield Chance @ 30% , Augur ( activate champion) @ 162%  ...plus 3k+ Beast Riders plus All of my SH/defense troops up top I am 100% covered 82% of the time fire balls are raining down. 

In other words out of 10 ten packs only 2 hit my troops with 8 of those showing zero losses (my troops). This ability works while at leaguemates castles as well ... 

It will take years to build enough SH troops to achieve 100% coverage so 82 % in a few months works for me

Glad for you Lord Barney and thanks for your update  !

Have a great day and good game !

May 27, 2021, 11:0905/27/21
02/22/16
Barney

I'm very happy that you are satified with the results of your hard work on improving you activation chances. 

😁 Well done !😁