All Categories

have you noticed?

have you noticed?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Dec 21, 2020, 01:0912/21/20
11/22/13

have you noticed?

Aside from forum moderators, has anyone noticed a lack of Plarium staff?

Last noticed posts, aside fom starting "news" threads, there seems to be a decidedly noticiable void.

Anastasia (sp) 12/10/20

Alina 11/24/20

A show of support or encouragement, perhaps even  some answers to questions from a "careing" staff member might be nice.

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 21, 2020, 02:1812/21/20
08/09/15

Alina is a comunity manager 

so if there is not much in community there really isnt any urgent need to

but still,there is also the time zone diference and for that there are moderators for immediate responses

everything aside ,technicality,support,need moderators are always here in case anyone needs anything or if there is an issue !

Dec 21, 2020, 09:0912/21/20
08/09/15

have you noticed @Roadster Pitbull ?

after 7 hours this thread u have made has seen by just 3 persons !

MicModerator
Dec 21, 2020, 13:0112/21/20
02/22/19

This is a very helpful post , oh yes....lets stay on it and comment again and again and again  ahahahahahahahah😂

I wish you a good day my Lord , and if you have really something interesting to post it will be awesome !

Dec 21, 2020, 14:2912/21/20
11/22/13

@Mic999 

A post needs not be "helpfull", but atleast it is honest and true.

And comment all you like,,,, if your referring to me,, back up your words... Otherwise your post is violating forum rules and terms,,, this you know..

@fURY

I did not know posts were now a 'popularity' contest. 

And do please 'officially' declare the number of times this section of the forum was veiwed in the same time frame. The number will be in  close ratio,,, perhaps even 1 to 1????

@all The remaining is from personal experience.

During a time that most companies put forth an effort to aid an answer their players, Plarium is not the only game I play and not the only one to make a transition, although the others are currently running HTML5. 

Effort was taken, mails were sent, notices posted at signup, company STAFF were made even more available via forum and mail temporarily. They have been running smoothly for many months,

And before the moderators bring it up again, mods are not "paid staff" of Plarium, and yes the staff numbers have dropped significantly in the last 2 years.

CM, Admins, charater, etc.. are PAID employees of Plarium, even some answers from the likes, instead of "submit a ticket here", is the way at one time even Plarium handled thiings. Remeber the dedicated tech support personel per 2-3 games, admins that handled a few games, not all.

And before it is brought up, check for yourselves, they are not busy with other games no one is there answering either.

I guess maybe if I submit a ticket maybe I can get an honest answer,,, in a few day to a week.

Dec 21, 2020, 21:2012/21/20
12/22/14
Bonecrusher

but still,there is also the time zone diference and for that there are moderators for immediate responses

everything aside ,technicality,support,need moderators are always here in case anyone needs anything or if there is an issue !

Maybe it's just me, but I would have thought that there's a bigger need for some official Plarium employee to be involved with the Community now more than at any point in the last year. 

But nothing - no updates on HTML5. 

Plarium play app is not a long term solution. Lots and lots of players will be lost in the process. 

The OP is making a very valid point. 

Dec 21, 2020, 21:5112/21/20
08/09/15

@Limad 

i was not on an Op  here

@roadstar Pitbull

this was not about popularity,this was about activity ! 15 seen since yesterday which this post was made,it does not mean this is unpopular neither was it  my intention !

anyone needs something we are here if needed

if info/anything u might require ! make a thread/post about it and im sure a community manager if felt needed would share a post !

Dec 21, 2020, 21:5612/21/20
12/22/14
Bonecrusher

@Limad 

i was not on an Op  here

@roadstar Pitbull

this was not about popularity,this was about activity ! 15 seen since yesterday which this post was made,it does not mean this is unpopular neither was it  my intention !

anyone needs something we are here if needed

if info/anything u might require ! make a thread/post about it and im sure a community manager if felt needed would share a post !

You're here, Wes is here, Mic99 is here.

But no Plarium employee is here. That's the point. 

No official HTML5 updates from a Plarium employee. 

Dec 21, 2020, 21:5712/21/20
12/22/14

OK. 

Dec 22, 2020, 13:5812/22/20
Dec 22, 2020, 14:11(edited)
07/10/14
Bonecrusher

The game is in upraor, going through the most painful change ever. A huge amount of PR is needed to calm things down, provide info and help persuade ppl to migrate to the app (given some will be resistant to downloads - its why they played a browser game in the first place).

This is the very time we need a CM the most. Largely it made no difference for the last 4 years (with perhaps the exception of getting force limits put in the game) but this is the very time when super communication is needed.

And I can see the player mods are trying their best but only a Plarium representative providing solid info from deep inside the company can assure ppl on the host of issues they are facing.

I don't know what the management are thinking but how this has been managed from a comms perspective could be given as case study in mistakes to avoid and not totally mess things up. It's just been ridiculously poor.

It's as if no one cares in the slighest and the assumption at Plarium is that players will still be here no matter how badly they are treated. I have an open support ticket, 2 weeks encounting now....

Dec 22, 2020, 14:1212/22/20
07/10/14

PS btw - the number of times a post is viewed is kind of irrelevant in guaging its distribution through the games.

For instance - if I see something useful / informative - then my entire league will know about it. That might show up as just 1 post. But its comminicate to 100+ ppl.

Don't let the lack of activity here fool Plarium staff into thinking that what is posted here (or in the current case the complete absense of posting) is missed by the game community and they aren't aware of it.

Dec 22, 2020, 21:5912/22/20
Dec 22, 2020, 22:01(edited)
08/09/15

@limad :

You're here, Wes is here, Mic99 is here.But no Plarium employee is here. That's the point. No official HTML5 updates from a Plarium employee.  

you're focusing on the wrong part of what i said ! there is nothing here for a CM to do ! we are not not in a class call for a CM to say hi,here :p 

@GENERAL #1620905 :

A lot of offices on christmas holidays now, plarium staff may only have there mod hats on for the rest of 2020 unless they have work form home assignments. 

you too,Dear player ! its a diferent aspect ! they might be on a holiday today,tommorow,but u could always ask for something and it can be answered when theyr back.but this thread there just was nothing ! 

@Dj Moody :

This is the very time we need a CM the most. Largely it made no difference for the last 4 years (with perhaps the exception of getting force limits put in the game) but this is the very time when super communication is needed.

for a communication there needs to be a topic  .

PS btw - the number of times a post is viewed is kind of irrelevant in guaging its distribution through the games.For instance - if I see something useful / informative - then my entire league will know about it. That might show up as just 1 post. But its comminicate to 100+ ppl. 

you could always start it yourself , one that can get more people involved ! then complain about plarium representitives not being there ! didnt we also get Beacon force limit set up too ? hmmm how was that done ....?

to conclude ,Mods are always happy to lay any messages anyone brings

but it does not mean players themselves cant make a thread and ask for something if there is any 

Dec 22, 2020, 23:2612/22/20
11/22/13

So what I'm reading is, aside from just asking for staff to make an appearance, not enough.

So let us all begin.

1. What is being done for linux users?

2.What is the status, if any, of HTML5, as 2+ years has not been enough?? Asked in another thread,directly.

3. What is being done to directly help those with admin, download issues?

4.Where is the link to the play app requirements?

5. Why should we all trust Plarium company, when we were told there were "options",to be left with only one choice?

6.There are unanswered questions regarding "flash kill switch"?

BiohazarDModerator
Dec 23, 2020, 05:3512/23/20
10/04/13
roadstar Pitbull

So what I'm reading is, aside from just asking for staff to make an appearance, not enough.

So let us all begin.

1. What is being done for linux users?

2.What is the status, if any, of HTML5, as 2+ years has not been enough?? Asked in another thread,directly.

3. What is being done to directly help those with admin, download issues?

4.Where is the link to the play app requirements?

5. Why should we all trust Plarium company, when we were told there were "options",to be left with only one choice?

6.There are unanswered questions regarding "flash kill switch"?

1.  I don't know, think once the HTML5 project is done they'll be able to play again using browser.  

2. It's still in progress, it hasn't been canceled just delayed.  

3.  You can always contact support.  

4.  The game has pretty low minimum requirements, any modern pc should be able to handle it fine, but I don't know of a page with exact requirements.  

5. The HTML5 project is still in the works, then you'll be able to play with that on browsers or on the app.  

6. The app uses a version called pepperflash maintained by google, it shouldn't be affected by the death of flash player.  

Dec 23, 2020, 13:1112/23/20
11/22/13
BiohazarD

1.  I don't know, think once the HTML5 project is done they'll be able to play again using browser.  

2. It's still in progress, it hasn't been canceled just delayed.  

3.  You can always contact support.  

4.  The game has pretty low minimum requirements, any modern pc should be able to handle it fine, but I don't know of a page with exact requirements.  

5. The HTML5 project is still in the works, then you'll be able to play with that on browsers or on the app.  

6. The app uses a version called pepperflash maintained by google, it shouldn't be affected by the death of flash player.  

So you know NOTHING either, Why are you posting here????

Direct and solid answers from Plarium employees is only accept able answers.

MO MORE , soon, should be, working on it, maybe!!!!!!

Dec 27, 2020, 02:4512/27/20
05/15/16

Plarium, sign me up :) Not only will I help with game balancing and design, I will be kind and polite at the same time. I will defer the trolls :) 🤗

AlinaCommunity Manager
Dec 29, 2020, 16:2212/29/20
05/21/19

Hello, guys! I'm glad to see you've missed me 🙂  I was unavailable for 2 weeks due to personal reasons. But now I'm back and I hope we'll be keeping in touch as we used to 😉  Besides, due to the migration, our workload is huge now. We'll do our best to catch up, though. 

Here are my comments on the questions asked by roadstar Pitbull:

1) I'm afraid there is nothing we can do for Linux users now. There might be unofficial workarounds as I've heard, but I'm not relly entitle to advise anything here.

2) You might find the answer here.

3) Both our mods and Comunity Managers are doing their best to help players with any issues related to the migration. There is also a dedicated Support team. 

4) The basic requirements might be found here.

5) There were and there are two options - HTML5 and Plarium Play. 

6) I'm afraid I don't understand this question. I'll be glad to reply to it if you elaborate here. 

Happy Holidays! 🎄

Dec 31, 2020, 03:4312/31/20
02/20/17

If HTML5 is only in the works then it isn't an option. An option is something you can use now, not in some fantasy future. Do you really think the players that will be cut off are going to keep coming back to see if Plarium has finally hired some professionals to get the job done right? They will not. The ones who are being cut off, can't get Plarium Play to work, have too old of computers to run the app - whatever - THEY ARE LEAVING.

Its not just the Linux players, some of which are still working hard to do Plarium's job for them-with out thanks or support. Some have asked to be given the code to compile so there would be a Linux app but nothing but crickets.

From what I here the "support team" has been usless.

I know of at least 11 castles in danger of being cut off. If that happens, those people will be gone. People are saying their goodbyes in various chats. From what I see it looks like you may lose at least a third of your players on Stormfall. More if, as some players and leagues are in the planning stages of doing, people follow their cut off friends to new games.

BiohazarDModerator
Jan 7, 2021, 03:2901/07/21
10/04/13
Alina

Hello, guys! I'm glad to see you've missed me 🙂  I was unavailable for 2 weeks due to personal reasons. But now I'm back and I hope we'll be keeping in touch as we used to 😉  Besides, due to the migration, our workload is huge now. We'll do our best to catch up, though. 

Here are my comments on the questions asked by roadstar Pitbull:

1) I'm afraid there is nothing we can do for Linux users now. There might be unofficial workarounds as I've heard, but I'm not relly entitle to advise anything here.

2) You might find the answer here.

3) Both our mods and Comunity Managers are doing their best to help players with any issues related to the migration. There is also a dedicated Support team. 

4) The basic requirements might be found here.

5) There were and there are two options - HTML5 and Plarium Play. 

6) I'm afraid I don't understand this question. I'll be glad to reply to it if you elaborate here. 

Happy Holidays! 🎄

Good to have you back Alina, thanks for the info.

Jan 7, 2021, 23:0101/07/21
Jan 7, 2021, 23:02(edited)
11/22/13
BiohazarD

Good to have you back Alina, thanks for the info.

Kind of ironic, given the topic header,

@BioHazarD 

The post your referring to was a week old at the time of your posting.