Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Sep 23, 2020, 12:2309/23/20
07/10/14
What server is that on?
Sep 23, 2020, 17:2009/23/20
10/31/14

I don't know what happened. But I can certainly say that Weor units are very dangerous. 

Before

After

This all happened within hours. Beacons were cut like there were butter. 

It was a fun Monday morning. One of the best I had since I came back. 

Sep 23, 2020, 20:0809/23/20
Sep 23, 2020, 20:09(edited)
08/09/15

Oracle said:

I don't know what happened. But I can certainly say that Weor units are very dangerous. 

Before

After

This all happened within hours. Beacons were cut like there were butter. 

It was a fun Monday morning. One of the best I had since I came back. 

hello oracle

nice pics

is this server 3 ?

why not share the fun with us too ? preferably in a different thread

Sep 23, 2020, 20:2509/23/20
10/31/14

fURY said:

hello oracle

nice pics

is this server 3 ?

why not share the fun with us too ? preferably in a different thread

That is server 2. 

I don't know what happened. MILT is in a better position to tell us what happened. I am still not sure why a number 2 league lost all its beacons. And the other 3 leagues suffered the same fate. 

I am also not sure why Black Rose (the MAD squad), a league that nearly destroyed the server was allowed to upgrade its fortress to level 20 as a result. 

I am unsure of many things. Many players are voicing concerns. Some have even mutinied. The lack of complexity and the total unpredictability of this whole issue is a call for concern. 

Sep 23, 2020, 21:3109/23/20
Sep 23, 2020, 23:31(edited)
12/22/14

The current weekly off / def stats for the server should give you a decent understanding of what happened on the ground, if not what may have happened in the background. 

I don't play on S2, but that's usually how I reverse-engineer things when I've missed out on them in real-time. 
Sep 23, 2020, 23:4609/23/20
05/03/15

Taking the reason given at face value, creating some lvl 1's for everyone to PvP, is not good timing as Plarium agreed to drop new beacons into that server, so there will soon a load of lvl 1's.

BiohazarDModerator
Sep 24, 2020, 14:5909/24/20
10/04/13
BeastMaster said:

Taking the reason given at face value, creating some lvl 1's for everyone to PvP, is not good timing as Plarium agreed to drop new beacons into that server, so there will soon a load of lvl 1's.

There are always other reasons for this type of thing.  Could be somebody was upset about someone in the other league hitting their hamlets, or saying something they didn't like, or maybe the beacons just weren't defended well enough (could tell if that was the case by looking at offense/defense rankings for somebody on that server).  
MicModerator
Sep 24, 2020, 15:5809/24/20
02/22/19

Hello Lords, 

Is always a battle for the beacons, i saw leagues grow up...and get down 
Sep 25, 2020, 14:0509/25/20
05/25/14
server 2 renzo les juistis has said he has the money and WILL control who can have beacons how many and at what level took 31 level 5 beacons
Sep 25, 2020, 19:3809/25/20
12/22/14
4 players from that league have about 2m off points between them this week. It doesn't sound like the beacons were properly defended. I guess that's what happens. 
Sep 26, 2020, 06:2109/26/20
10/31/14

Limad said:

4 players from that league have about 2m off points between them this week. It doesn't sound like the beacons were properly defended. I guess that's what happens. 

Most of the beacons were taken last week. So they will not reflect on the current offense and defense stats. What is currently reflecting is the aftermath of that battle. 

From what I heard that was his first attack The members of this league were in BG rankings. He then went about wiping the Drunken Dragons  off the map. 
Sep 26, 2020, 06:2209/26/20
10/31/14
BiohazarDModerator
Sep 26, 2020, 09:0009/26/20
10/04/13
Oracle said:

Limad said:

Most of the beacons were taken last week. So they will not reflect on the current offense and defense stats. What is currently reflecting is the aftermath of that battle. 

From what I heard that was his first attack The members of this league were in BG rankings. He then went about wiping the Drunken Dragons  off the map. 
Ooh battle screenshots 0.o  Always love seeing some carnage.  
Sep 27, 2020, 08:4709/27/20
Sep 27, 2020, 08:49(edited)
08/09/15

i love seeing these kind of battle reports too Bio 

it says way way much more than it shows

so a rank 2 league didnt have a defense hammer or 2 prepare to send few bil defense and catch 1 or 2 hits ? or the just wernt around ? 

i would understand 1 beacon going down,2,3 4 ,5 ,okay 10 ,15,20 

what happened to their defense hammers ? were they not around/offline ?

wish plarium revived chronicles

then judging from ranking were there revenge hits too ?

how/where was this revenge hit if any ?

wish plarium revived or made a chronicle for all servers separately

i wait and try to see if sombody(s) will give us some info and nothing...

anyone here who can give us some info ? someone with a good understanding of the situation who can tell us what REALLY happened??

Sep 27, 2020, 11:0209/27/20
Sep 27, 2020, 11:46(edited)
07/10/14

That is around a 3bn hit (assuming top bonuses and champ).

We can't see the champ but seeing as it's a complete shop bought army, it's pretty much guaranteed the champ will be near maxed. You wouldn't spend tens of thousands of dollars on the troops and then not spend the $3-6k on the champ.

It's 50/50 losses so he JUST killed that beacon. So you know it was defended at around 3bn.

3bn is not a shabby level of defence (certainly not a level to pour scorn on). And remember this is server 2, it's not as active or not as big as server 1. 

That level of defence that would have been much more robust 3-6 months ago, but now easily popped due to the effective erosion of force limits. The previous max hammer was 1.4bn. The theoretical max is now 7bn, although it will take time to get there as the offers for Weor units only come up so many times a month. Looks like we are just under half way there atm.

As I predicted in an earlier thread the erosion of force limits is heading us back to a time when mega coiners can run around and kill entire servers at will (ergo server 1 from between 2016-18 pre-force limit). 

I guess Plarium will be able to track how many people from the effected leagues will give up and leave the game. And only they will know exactly how much money those people spent and therefore what this has cost them. 

Maybe it's enough to make them take notice and start considering the effect updates have on the force limits.

But if we continue to put more Weor units in the game and add more updates that increase army power then it's only a matter of time before a massacre like this comes to a server like yours. It's not an if it's a when.

The one thing that you can guarantee is that if the game mechanics allow someone to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars and be capable of wiping an entire server, someone will eventually come along who has the money do it.

Sep 27, 2020, 23:1709/27/20
Sep 27, 2020, 23:26(edited)
08/09/15

DJ Moody said:

We can't see the champ but seeing as it's a complete shop bought army, You wouldn't spend tens of thousands of dollars on the troops and then not spend the $3-6k on the champ.

It's 50/50 losses so he JUST killed that beacon. So you know it was defended at around 3bn.

3bn is not a shabby level of defence (certainly not a level to pour scorn on). And remember this is server 2, it's not as active or not as big as server 1. 

The theoretical max is now 7bn, although it will take time to get there as the offers for Weor units only come up so many times a month. Looks like we are just under half way there atm.

i agree with like 95% of what u say,no argue

my 5% disagreement with u here on this thread regarding beacon downgrade of this size in this altitude is :

u make it all about money bringing forth all the theoretical numbers and ...

its neither my league ,nor even my server,again agreed on all the points u made 

1.Biohazard has a 7 star revenant/beacon defense (he has used a picture of his champ on a thread)  if we ask him,has he spent 3-6k dollars on his champion ? 

2. would someone/anyone be able to take a league's beacons like this ? why/why not ?  i didnt say urs or mine(feel free to argue so on them if u want to) or if league captains or defense hammers were around

3. all it takes is one wall and a hammer is no longer a low force limit one ! u say theoretically we are half way through,purchased unit and a 3 bil now,so what if the purchased units run into a wall :s not once,twice ! just as it takes time to go to the theoretical numbers posible,in reality units die too

30 beacons each time 30 to 150 players losing a portion of their army and every time a hammer losing half his/her army

but its not always the money !!!

Sep 28, 2020, 09:5909/28/20
10/31/14

fURY said:

i love seeing these kind of battle reports too Bio 

it says way way much more than it shows

so a rank 2 league didnt have a defense hammer or 2 prepare to send few bil defense and catch 1 or 2 hits ? or the just wernt around ? 

i would understand 1 beacon going down,2,3 4 ,5 ,okay 10 ,15,20 

what happened to their defense hammers ? were they not around/offline ?

wish plarium revived chronicles

then judging from ranking were there revenge hits too ?

how/where was this revenge hit if any ?

wish plarium revived or made a chronicle for all servers separately

i wait and try to see if sombody(s) will give us some info and nothing...

anyone here who can give us some info ? someone with a good understanding of the situation who can tell us what REALLY happened??

Sorry, I can't help. I do not know anything. But like I said and Biohazard emphasized. This battle lacked complexity and was totally unpredictable. So this was more likely a player having his fun without any intent and reason. 

Wars are predictable. rage is not. 

Renzo does hold Hamlets, as he probably has the biggest defence harmer EVER on all three servers.

Sep 28, 2020, 10:3709/28/20
Sep 28, 2020, 10:38(edited)
10/31/14

DJ Moody said:

We can't see the champ but seeing as it's a complete shop bought army, it's pretty much guaranteed the champ will be near maxed. You wouldn't spend tens of thousands of dollars on the troops and then not spend the $3-6k on the champ.

You are correct, it was a 50/50 loss. But it was planned to be a 50/50 loss. He test hit the beacon a couple on minutes beforehand and then sent this particular army. 

I think you know Renzo, he does play on server 1, in the Die/Les league. I did include him in my addition of the biggest players of 2016/17, among Frenzie and Roy. Renzo is probably the best player on Plarium.com right now. He has three servers on his leash. He is marshal of the biggest leagues in servers 2 and 3. 

He holds virtually all beacons on server 2. And hold 29 beacons on server 3. The first ranking league holds 30 and the third holds 9. 

I haven't interacted with him much, if at all. But those who have, say he is a very reasonable player. 

Sep 28, 2020, 12:0409/28/20
11/22/13

fURY said: 

i agree with like 95% of what u say,no argue

my 5% disagreement with u here on this thread regarding beacon downgrade of this size in this altitude is :

u make it all about money bringing forth all the theoretical numbers and ...

its neither my league ,nor even my server,again agreed on all the points u made 

1.Biohazard has a 7 star revenant/beacon defense (he has used a picture of his champ on a thread)  if we ask him,has he spent 3-6k dollars on his champion ? 

2. would someone/anyone be able to take a league's beacons like this ? why/why not ?  i didnt say urs or mine(feel free to argue so on them if u want to) or if league captains or defense hammers were around

3. all it takes is one wall and a hammer is no longer a low force limit one ! u say theoretically we are half way through,purchased unit and a 3 bil now,so what if the purchased units run into a wall :s not once,twice ! just as it takes time to go to the theoretical numbers posible,in reality units die too

30 beacons each time 30 to 150 players losing a portion of their army and every time a hammer losing half his/her army

but its not always the money !!!

First let me start with my own,"but/if's, could've/should've/would've".

If the moon was made of cheese, would you sacrifice it to end hunger? Knowing all it will/could effect.

Now on to the rest

1> You can not compare moderator compensation along with noncoining/coining.

2> Any beacan can and will fall, given the determination of the player(s).

3>'Hammer' is not usually a once and done concept, testers, multiple reloads, 1st, 2nd. and 3rd levels....

Now the last line "but its not always the money !!!",, in this case or example,,,, it was all about the money..

Sep 28, 2020, 12:3609/28/20
Sep 28, 2020, 13:02(edited)
08/09/15

roadster we are talking about this case ,its not about using anyone's tool as a standard 

any beacon can be dropped,as i agreed with DJ moody 95%,in this case i agree with u 100%

determination is good,even a revenge hit could be a motive to hitback,a strong motive,what about the cost ? u downgrade and lose 10 bil 

so run everything u just stated urself

isnt this just strange ? all these