All Categories

Corner Beacon on Server 1

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Sep 18, 2020, 15:5009/18/20
10/31/14

What are the general political, diplomatic, and statistical requirements to hold a corner beacon on server 1? 

Does it require a league marshal to kiss a ring of some nefarious warlord? 

But seriously, What does one need to do to get one. 

I have seen leagues who have never won league tournaments. Whose performance on the Champion League tower is on average below level 55. WHo have less than 130 members in league members. Whose significant members of the league is inexperienced to such a point that they leave dozens of offense on Beacons ripe for the killing. Leagues that don't even perform on the brawl, and have never achieved 10 million points or ever appear on top ten of the Legendary brawl. 

Yet they have corner beacons. It could be that they spend significant money. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 19, 2020, 12:4209/19/20
Sep 19, 2020, 12:44(edited)
07/10/14

It's a little bit naughty to suggest the corner leagues aren't active. They all do top 10 in the brawl virtually every brawl, so that part of your post just isn't correct.

But to answer your question at face value and ignore the element that may well be cheeky propaganda.....

Right now, with force limits if you are in a corner you will always be in a corner (unless you pull a Dominus and don't defend your beacons sensibly). It's has just been too expensive to kill a properly defended beacon.

Weor units/updates are eroding force limits rapidly and the game showering people with free troops from brawls and "the offer", it's becoming more possible for a big beacon action and even really well defended beacons are no longer invulnerable. But don't underestimate people's lack of willingness to lose big amount of troops, which may well maintain status quo.

Last screenshot I saw was a 2.5bn worth hammer - but that is growing rapidly all the time due to Weor units. So well defended beacons need to be at least 2.5bn or you'll be one shot..... but in reality you probably want to be defending at a lvl to repel multiple max hits.

As to how those leagues got their positions, that would take the unravelling of years of the meta game and be a mini book.

But it wouldn't be a wrong to say that the common denominator in nearly all the top leagues is the amount of money spent on them. Dominus / Fellowship / KT / Rebels...  All had lvl 20 fort arts/bonuses shortly after they came out (and those tomes cost a fortune). No one else finished the bonues for best part of 2 years (how long it took to F2P the bonuses). 

So that 3 of the 4 corners are held by said leagues shouldn't come as a surprise tbh.

And your other big leagues that have come along since fort update (RP / The Horde) have massive amount of money spent in them also. One of them holds the 4th corner and the other is no1 in map space.

Is it really a surprise that money talks in this game given the lack of balance Plarium have allowed?

Sep 19, 2020, 23:1009/19/20
Sep 20, 2020, 16:01(edited)
08/09/15

DJ Moody said:

Weor units/updates are eroding force limits rapidly and the game showering people with free 

But it wouldn't be a wrong to say that the common denominator in nearly all the top leagues is the amount of money spent on them. Dominus / Fellowship / KT / Rebels...  All had lvl 20 fort arts/bonuses shortly after they came out (and those tomes cost a fortune). No one else finished the bonues for best part of 2 years (how long it took to F2P the bonuses). 

So that 3 of the 4 corners are held by said leagues shouldn't come as a surprise tbh.

And your other big leagues that have come along since fort update (RP / The Horde) have massive amount of money spent in them also. One of them holds the 4th corner and the other is no1 in map space.

Is it really a surprise that money talks in this game given the lack of balance Plarium have allowed?

i do not agree with this statement

Sep 19, 2020, 23:3909/19/20
Sep 19, 2020, 23:49(edited)
08/09/15

Oracle said:

What are the general political, diplomatic, and statistical requirements to hold a corner beacon on server 1? 

I have seen leagues who have never won league tournaments. Whose performance on the Champion League tower is on average below level 55. WHo have less than 130 members in league members. Whose significant members of the league is inexperienced to such a point that they leave dozens of offense on Beacons ripe for the killing. Leagues that don't even perform on the brawl, and have never achieved 10 million points or ever appear on top ten of the Legendary brawl. 

i deleted the picture of hand-kiss from my reply to u 

its in poor taste in an analogy even as a joke ! someone,a player,kissing another players hand (a marshal of a strong league),thats how it sounds like when put in words

first half ur statement is not only wrong but also judgmental,but still ill go with it

looking at ur post.information u stated

1. a league of members 120+> 130 

2. not a good performance on tower << completely incorrect,still i will use this,because i dnt want to argue over details

3. not good brawl performance .rarely 10 mil         << completely wrong but okay.ill hold it as a true thing in my discussion

few things 

1, their poor performance in tower,if it was true,would also explain their poor performance in brawl as well,at least to some extent .meaning they dnt have some good amount of champ activity which is the second most point giving activity in brawl after champion.it would also explain under 10 mil points ! BGs can get u so far .... !

2. 120 members ! a league like this can upgrade and put 3 bil defense in a beacon in any area they like.never mind that, they put 4 bil or more and upgrade a beacon  in the hearts of the strongest league in stormfall and that league can do nothing

what happens then ? the marshal of te big league u mentioned would be very much willing to just say,hey why not hold a corner beacon ? 

with brawls running as long as it has, that much defense is a normal for a league of 120 players,even more !!!

where did this coin and money came from i dnt understand

if ur question was sincere and it wasnt about just finding something to complain about coining 

statistical view i already mentioned

political : almost all the leagues would agree to give a league like this a beacon,corner or middle of the territory dsnt matter,but if given one in the middle it distorts territory image and that is the reason theyr usually given one at the corner

so in the end a beacon is given or not to a league depending on personal ties/alliance and other factors

diplomatically: if its given is all cool

if not,a beacon of that force can not be meddled with,at least that easy,so usually the league/members/fort is targeted !

Sep 20, 2020, 01:3109/20/20
Sep 20, 2020, 01:32(edited)
11/22/13
fURY said:

aside from oracle's topic

ur whole debate is naughty itself in ur own words

stop spreading lies about my league Royal phoenix

ur statement of my league fortress being updated by money just because we have money ?

u have no right to say that ,whats so disappointing is that u know a fortress arts/bonuses can be upgraded even if u dnt upgrade a fortres lvl,u know that and yet still make claims just so make this about spending 

whats this again ? some league/players have what u dnt ? why do i always feel like its always this with u 

RP this ,the horde that 

u have no right to make false claims of our hard work about money and what we spent years to do,upgrade bonuses,even before moving royal phenoix those arts were being upgraded before our players moved there

no,id rather say we have the knowledge and players to make things happen 

u already knew,but still just so to drive ur agenda,put forward those false information,at this point what u say is not important for me and my league.but still ill show this so everyone else can see through what u just said

what happened there : we seperated from a league and joined a league(an old one,a sister league of our own) which already had the tomes from various league tournaments.daily activities,also bonuses under upgrade !

see this ? u already knew ,everyone else check that image if u didnt know

this is another leagues fortress which is at level 8 ! so what now ? have they invested money on tomes ? no they receive tomes which u so valiantly claimed my leagued got just with money .almost all their arts are at max level. they have money too :o ? oh wow some league has something that u dnt again :o 

my league when started,it was a from a 2014 league ,but u already knew that too

we moved in a league like that,upgraded fortress and received more bonuses of the levels,most of which have already been upgraded

to say what we did with hard work,trashing 160 players effort ,was done by money is not only rude but also shows who you are to anyone reading this,making claims when u already know how fortress bonuses work 

my league spends ? sure .but u cant and have no right to call our achievement which was done by very heavy team work and hours/days/years of effort just a thing done by money

its a shame for  a league to have u as a captain representing here on forum 

im making an official complaint to plarium to not ever let u use my leagues name here on forum again if ur going to be spreading lies so clear

So far over board.....hope you are wearing a life vest....
Sep 20, 2020, 11:2109/20/20
07/10/14

@ Fury

Calm down. Re-read what I posted.

I didn't say anything about RP having spent money on their fort.

I'll just assume it was an honest mistake and not malicious. If it was malicious we have little to no hope of ever having a functioning forum, so I just have to hope that is was an honest mistake. But its not like this is the first time I have been misquoted and then personally attacked based on the misquote that I didn't ever say.

Sep 20, 2020, 15:2409/20/20
02/22/16

DJ Moody said:

I will go as far as to disagree with this statement wholeheartedly and with all due respect The most common Denominator in all the top leagues is High daily activity By players within the league I see a 98% average and that's accounting for not seeing it go under 95%  proper Planning and a constant eye on all the changing factors.That must be monitored and addressed by a  leadership team that can rally it's players to performing consistently every week and even more diligently since the introduction of the Royal Brawl every other week. Not say that the injection of a few dollars isn't helpful at the start. but at the end of the day. It's the daily player no matter what the rank that come in loyally be they well off  or paupers with time on their hands instead of money in their pockets.  

It's easy to say it's just coiners that make up the top leagues from looking from the outside. But having spent most of my time in the game in top leagues even a Marshal of one many years ago on facebook. I see many more addicted game players that enjoy each other's company and friendships.That are the backbone of any top league week in and week out they earn their place and if they don't they get replaced. 
Sep 20, 2020, 16:2609/20/20
08/09/15

DJ Moody said:

@ Fury

Calm down. Re-read what I posted.

I didn't say anything about RP having spent money on their fort. 

I'll just assume it was an honest mistake and not malicious. If it was malicious we have little to no hope of ever having a functioning forum, so I just have to hope that is was an honest mistake. But its not like this is the first time I have been misquoted and then personally attacked based on the misquote that I didn't ever say.

the fort part was a misuote,an honest mistake and not malicious/edited my post ! apalogies 

i dnt see any need to talk about something that dsnt concern the league 

it is always the money ! game knowledge being set aside for top leagues ! 

Sep 20, 2020, 21:3809/20/20
11/22/13

Wesley Pringle said:

I will go as far as to disagree with this statement wholeheartedly and with all due respect The most common Denominator in all the top leagues is High daily activity By players within the league I see a 98% average and that's accounting for not seeing it go under 95%  proper Planning and a constant eye on all the changing factors.That must be monitored and addressed by a  leadership team that can rally it's players to performing consistently every week and even more diligently since the introduction of the Royal Brawl every other week. Not say that the injection of a few dollars isn't helpful at the start. but at the end of the day. It's the daily player no matter what the rank that come in loyally be they well off  or paupers with time on their hands instead of money in their pockets.  

It's easy to say it's just coiners that make up the top leagues from looking from the outside. But having spent most of my time in the game in top leagues even a Marshal of one many years ago on facebook. I see many more addicted game players that enjoy each other's company and friendships.That are the backbone of any top league week in and week out they earn their place and if they don't they get replaced. 

The .com game has a rich history of top leagues buying their way up, or starting out. Not all, but a majority were started with  billion count "hammers", at a time that could only be done via cost. whether this was 1 or 2 at the start or more recent,(but still awhile back) multiple billion accounts.

Now that said, to maintain a longer standing does take more effort. 

But beyond a doubt to me, anyone(or a few) could put a league in the top of the ranks, rather quickly with some knowledge and a credit card.                                                               

Sep 21, 2020, 11:4209/21/20
07/10/14

@Wes

I think what you and I said can be correct at the same time.

There are going to be people and leagues that have spent big bucks and failed. So the leagues at the top are going to be better run and organised than the ones that failed.

BUT they ALL have massive money spent on them also. Name the league of hobby only spenders that managed to rise to the top of the rankings in the last 5 years? There isn't a single one right.

You can't realistically get to the top w/o support of mega coining because of the huge advantages spending big brings. But you won't guarantee getting to the top just by spending money.

Btw I didn't say that leagues were full of coiners. They just need the support of a few mega coiners. People willing to buy back losses = offence capability ; people willing to speed boost brawl points = top brawl performance = easier requirement = guaranteed activity; def hammers = easy and safe beacon moves etc etc.

Sep 21, 2020, 12:3209/21/20
02/22/16
@ DJ Moody  We will need to agree to disagree on this. 
BiohazarDModerator
Sep 21, 2020, 15:1209/21/20
10/04/13
Oracle said:

All it takes is enough $ and you can take all the beacons you want ;)
Sep 21, 2020, 15:2409/21/20
08/09/15

DJ Moody said:

@Wes

I think what you and I said can be correct at the same time.

There are going to be people and leagues that have spent big bucks and failed. So the leagues at the top are going to be better run and organised than the ones that failed.

BUT they ALL have massive money spent on them also. Name the league of hobby only spenders that managed to rise to the top of the rankings in the last 5 years? There isn't a single one right.

You can't realistically get to the top w/o support of mega coining because of the huge advantages spending big brings. But you won't guarantee getting to the top just by spending money.

Btw I didn't say that leagues were full of coiners. They just need the support of a few mega coiners. People willing to buy back losses = offence capability ; people willing to speed boost brawl points = top brawl performance = easier requirement = guaranteed activity; def hammers = easy and safe beacon moves etc etc.

few years ago league KoK ! was at a very top position.KoK was always at a top position 

when KoK had 4 sister leagues and KOC1 and 2 were high in ranking too ! 

aside from money,or the rewards player get for being in a big league.there is also knowledge.we always factor in these 2 things .sometimes game knowledge is completely ignored too

but there is one more thing ,there is one more thing ! players relations broken down,how a leadership talks with members,or ranked or how they are treated ! we had top leagues who members who had the knowledge,good army and etc. leave a league ! and thats what happened with many leagues too 

a league might have the knowledge ! where do these coiners which in the end always this discussion ends in,comes from ? theyr all players ! then they are treated badly and move to another league !

so lets not forget how people are treated in a league too ! 
Sep 21, 2020, 15:4109/21/20
08/09/15

BiohazarD said:

Oracle said:

All it takes is enough $ and you can take all the beacons you want ;)

i could do many things if i had the money too,but its nvr that simple

spending DOES affect the game. noone can deny that.pls note all the mentioned leagues down below were/had such kinda mentioned players

but we have seen a league whose beacons few beacons were dropped and a league disbanded

we have seen a league start with 20 core members who separated then this sister league became more successful than the original

we have seen a league in a top ranking who now are at rank minus 40 !

we have seen a league who had coiners who could buy their way through  5 downgrades easy,and now those players are playing in another league achieving great things just cause they were treated badly 

feel free to deny any of the statements above/this goes for every one

its never that easy

Sep 22, 2020, 22:5409/22/20
Sep 22, 2020, 23:00(edited)
07/10/14

fURY said:

few years ago league KoK ! was at a very top position.KoK was always at a top position.

As of right now, in a top position (very marginally behind your league as it happens).

When you can't get the really easy stuff right, what makes you think people will see you as having any credibility when we discuss the more complex stuff, like game balance and game history?

Sep 22, 2020, 23:1509/22/20
Sep 22, 2020, 23:41(edited)
08/09/15

DJ Moody said:

fURY said:

few years ago league KoK ! was at a very top position.KoK was always at a top position.

As of right now, in a top position (very marginally behind your league as it happens).

When you can't get the really easy stuff right, what makes you think people will see you as having any credibility when we discuss the more complex stuff, like game balance and game history?

by if u mean u, i dnt need to prove my credibility yo u

the question up there which my reply was to and ur own statement down here reveals everything
Sep 22, 2020, 23:3809/22/20
Sep 22, 2020, 23:48(edited)
07/10/14

fURY said:

DJ Moody said:

fURY said:

by people if u mean u,i dnt need to  prove my credibility to u

the question up there which my reply was to and ur own statement down here reveals everything

I said 5 years for a reason.

I know full well we are the exception to the rule of top leagues being massive coiners. But we had the advantage of being in the game from the very start - 7 years.

End of year 2 is when Plarium went berserk monitising the game and bought trooops shot way past earned troops. After that almost impossible to get started w/o being competitive in spending.

Anything else you want to get wrong or shall we continue?

Sep 22, 2020, 23:5009/22/20
Sep 22, 2020, 23:51(edited)
08/09/15

DJ Moody said:

fURY said:

DJ Moody said:

fURY said:

by people if u mean u,i dnt need to  prove my credibility to u

I said 5 years for a reason.

I know full well we are the exception to the rule of top leagues being massive coiners. But we had the advantage of being in the game from the very start - 7 years.

Anything else you want to get wrong or shall we continue?

u asked a question 

name one league which is in a top position without coining ! didnt u ask this ? so i answered, king of kings,a great league who has always been in top .some years back even higher than it is now 

as i told everyone else before ! if one player (here,topic discussion being a league reaching a top position)if a league has already done it,so can everybody else !

then down here u say we(as the league discussed is where ur from) were the exception ! and im in wrong ! talk about credibility !

as always im just in loss of words and dnt know what to say in reply to u

Sep 23, 2020, 01:0709/23/20
Sep 23, 2020, 01:37(edited)
07/10/14

No - you didn't answer MY question

My question said "in the last 5 years". Your answer is to pick a league that has been top of rankings for 7 years, since the inception of the game. You score nil pointe, zero points, cero.

I asked that question intentionally because the answer is - there isn't one. No one has made it after the heavy monitisation started. And that proves point blank that the nonsense about coining and the top leagues not having a direct correlation is absolute garbage. 

I don't know why people want to argue about what is blatantly obvious. Like we already said accepting that coining is a required factor to rise up now isn't the same thing as saying top leagues are useless and don't have other attributes that set them aside. I didn't make my post to disrespect anyone, just stated the flipping obvious.

Lets strongman your position, even thought it's silly and I am largely wasting my time discussing anything with you.

Lets say KoK did make to the top of the rankings in the last 3/4 years ago. A single lone league fought against all the odds and actually made it with just hobby spenders.

1 league many made it by non-coining and you want to dance around claiming victory in the argument, saying I lack credibility and your lost for words.

How on earth would it being ONE league.... make your point and not mine.

And you think you are lost for words.

Sep 23, 2020, 02:1009/23/20
Sep 23, 2020, 15:12(edited)
08/09/15

DJ Moody said:

I didn't make my post to disrespect anyone

You score nil pointe, zero points, cero implying that i dnt understand a language 

add any numbers after ur original 

make it all about coining in the end its all about people having what u dnt , all ur posts are up there for people to read But you still don't really answer the Question asked by Oracle 

Sep 23, 2020, 14:2209/23/20
Sep 23, 2020, 14:36(edited)
02/22/16

In answer to your question! Oracle  it requires the proper Diplomatic skills for the server your on 

And a motivated league membership That wants to put time into the Game along with a force of Defence that makes it not worth attacking.  

Friendship can be a Powerful Ally never underestimate diplomacy  .