All Categories

getting holy bonds from auto-run

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Sep 5, 2020, 05:4109/05/20
12/08/18

A lot of my friends are getting holy bonds by auto-run their champs, on group hunt or solo hunt. And i still did not get 1 and my champs walk 7 days a week on auto-run? 

What is the secret? or do i not spend enough money? 
Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 5, 2020, 12:5509/05/20
02/22/16

Do you have stoneheart Castle yet  ? Because I know the higher the update to the Shrine of Summoning that is within the Stoneheart castle the higher your likelihood of obtaining a holy bond during the hunt is.

I wish you luck in achieving your goals !
Sep 5, 2020, 16:5609/05/20
10/31/14

It has never happened to me in my over 4 months of playing Champions. My Shrine is level 15, and I had not ever seen one Holy Bond with my eyes. 

I think there must be a trick to it. Some said you have to run about 2000-4000 single mission attacks. I have won the champion duel over 5 times and have never been able to spawn a Holy Bond. 

Sep 5, 2020, 18:3009/05/20
12/22/14

There's no trick to it that I'm aware of, other than getting the Shrine to Lvl 20 to maximize the rate of bond drops (of whatever type) and then doing as many runs as possible. I usually leave it running over-night during the brawl and I'll get a drop every second week or so. Similarly, during the Bond tourney, I'll usually get a drop 2 out of every 3 tournaments. In one tournament over a year ago I got 3 drops. 

This was from today. You can see the overall drop rate was 14% which is close enough to the 15% average for a Lvl 20 shrine. 

Sep 6, 2020, 00:1409/06/20
01/10/17
I got Mine today and My SOS is  just 12 
Sep 6, 2020, 02:5009/06/20
07/10/14

Someone post drop data on the bonds a while ago. Between a bunch of people they had collected a massive amount of data.

The suggested drop rate for holy as around 20k to 1 and for epic about 7k to 1.

So on average you will get 1 Holy every 3 times you run the duel event (duel event is approx 7-8k sends, I used to run the duel event on about 4/5 accounts each time. And I would regularly see the expect 1 to holy drops each week. So the data provided looks pretty sound from my experience (all my accounts were lvl 10 summon shrine so no added drop bonus.
Sep 6, 2020, 05:2409/06/20
12/08/18

Thanx for all the info, my shrine is almost level 14 now. Allthough i think plarium is cheating as some of my friends have a shrine lower as mine in lvl, and allready have got 50+  holy bonds from auto-run, also most of them are below me on champions xp rank, most of them get them on group hunt. My old marshall gets them a lot he told me it has to do with your id number, he logs into the accounts of his players and gets holy bonds for them, as the players theirselves do not get them. 

So that makes u wonder i guess.

i guess i have to wait, until i have luck, but i think it has nothing to do with that. it's the same with the 100% blade for pathfinders, some have gotten it allready 20 times, others did not get 1 at all. 

thx for your help and have a nice day.

Sep 6, 2020, 10:2209/06/20
Sep 6, 2020, 10:32(edited)
07/10/14

RobTetteroo said:

Thanx for all the info, my shrine is almost level 14 now. Allthough i think plarium is cheating as some of my friends have a shrine lower as mine in lvl, and allready have got 50+  holy bonds from auto-run, also most of them are below me on champions xp rank, most of them get them on group hunt. My old marshall gets them a lot he told me it has to do with your id number, he logs into the accounts of his players and gets holy bonds for them, as the players theirselves do not get them. 

This will be absolute garbage.

One, if you were to log into someone else's account you would be doing so under their USER ID not your own. So that part of what was said isn't even factually correct.

The rest will be just down to the usual human defect. We are pattern recognition machines. And for the large part your brain does an amazing job at figuring out reality from observing patterns. But with low probability/infrequent events it's extremely bad at interpreting the patterns, it keeps looking for patterns when there aren't any, it's just the randomness. 

FYI with an infrequent random drop the drops will tend to clump, the one thing a random drop of 200 to 1 will not do, is drop around the 200th time you run the event. But because most people intuitively think random drops will be smooth, with the same gap between drops they tend to start thinking something must be causing the clumping and start attributing theories to it. Unfortunately most people don't have the kind of scientific mind to test out their theories and see if they actually do drive measurable and repeatable effect, they just emotional start buying into their theories.

Also as a side note, there games are businesses. The staff involved are tasked with making things as quickly as they can. They aren't given the time to code weird unneeded things into the game. Also running a MMO on the technical side is about minimizing server processing and minimising data storage because both things cost money. That gives you 3 smell tests for any wacky theory pass - WHY would they do it, would it adversely affect PROCESSING TIME, or STORAGE REQUIREMENTS. If a theory breaks any of those smell tests its highly unlikely to be true.

In the case of the User ID theory for example...... why would anyone spend time building that bias into the game? it breaks the first smell test. 

While it's possible someone might be that deviant they want to just mess with people, most people aren't build like that and it runs counter to their own career development prospects of being seen to be quick and efficient to execute their dev work. So it's pretty unlikely (and also it would then have to go unnoticed by anyone forever that there was a piece of code that shouldn't be there).

And if you think they might be favouring coiners intentionally that would be highly unlikely too. Sure, none of the players could ever be aware of the bias pr have a way to prove it but it would only take ONE disgruntled employee to spill the beans that you were doing that, to seriously tarnish your brand. So again I seriously doubt any management with 2 brain cells would allow intentional bias like that to be coded into their game. While the risk of exposure is low, the cost of getting caught is HUGE.

In this case, having run multiple accounts, many times, in multiple duel events (a massive sample of running champs - hundreds of thousands of undeads), the holy bond drops run just as they are supposed to and expected. Yeah one person will get none is 60k and another person will get 3 in 20k but that is just the randomness kicking in, there will be a distribution of results/experiences, than is how randomness works.

PS to get 50 free bonds from undead fights you would have to have done an insane amount of undead hits. Sorry but I don't buy that a significant number of people in one league have done that. If there was a good record you would find they haven't had as many drops as they think, or they are just coining but not wanting to admit it.

Sep 6, 2020, 16:2209/06/20
11/04/15

This is the Champion Tracker info as shown on Facebook Forum

Make of it what you like, but I doubt that upgrading SoS will show any significant improvements to the base drop rate of 0.05%

Sep 6, 2020, 17:0309/06/20
Sep 6, 2020, 17:21(edited)
08/09/15

RobTetteroo said:

So that makes u wonder i guess.

i guess i have to wait, until i have luck, but i think it has nothing to do with that. it's the same with the 100% blade for pathfinders, some have gotten it allready 20 times, others did not get 1 at all. 

thx for your help and have a nice day.

there is no trick to it ! 

s/he might have been just more active

anything percentage based on game is purely based on luck,so to increase ur luck to get the things u want id recomand more activity in the area

i wanted runic blades i did a research on it ! asked over 200 players in 3 leagues ! some got em from a hamlet attack,some from a beacon hit,some even from a settlement,my inventory now

i did all my raids,got 2 ! a castle is spied,i reinforce,not for the blade anymore and i still get it ! 

was trying to write a tutorial but i guess this should suffice and i am writing something else at the moment

anyways,again,

aside from percentage increasing factors(like increasing shrine level in bond case or increasing stoneheart units lost arts chance for them to activate), the only thing that increases ur chance of getting what u need is doing more of what u can to increase the activity rate / repetitive occurrence of an action to which there is a chance might give u a thing u want

here,the objective being a holy bond ,u need to log in and put up more auto hunts daily

lets hope ull be one the lucky players then, cause well no matter how many numbers people throw around, its still a chance ! if ur lucky u might even get 3 in just one event !

or none in 3 events

i will be hoping for a better results for u

happy gaming

P.S. all these tricks people talk about,at least most of them,are just people who get lucky on a thing theyr trying 
BiohazarDModerator
Sep 6, 2020, 18:4009/06/20
10/04/13
Inigo Montoya said:

This is the Champion Tracker info as shown on Facebook Forum

Make of it what you like, but I doubt that upgrading SoS will show any significant improvements to the base drop rate of 0.05%

It doubles the rate of all bond drops at max level.  So you'd get twice as many holy bonds, but also twice as many of all the other types.  So the 0.05% ratio of holy bonds to other bonds would not change, but the overall number of holy bonds you get would double.  
Sep 10, 2020, 08:4009/10/20
12/22/14

And another one today.

Sep 10, 2020, 09:2509/10/20
10/31/14

Limad said:

And another one today.

That is great work. I see that your Shrine of champions is at level 20. That must have cost a lot of sapphires. 

Sep 11, 2020, 20:4109/11/20
12/22/14

Not really. This is pretty much the only package I've bought over the last year.

I find it's a pretty decent offer.

Set construction boost running, upgrade the Shrine during a Brawl and boost it using daily boosts or sapphs. 

I can't remember the exact number of sketches required to max it, but it's one of the better buildings to upgrade in my opinion. 

I've about 23k emeralds, about 2k basic bonds and I don't even play Champs that hard compared to others. 

BiohazarDModerator
Sep 13, 2020, 19:0309/13/20
10/04/13
Oracle said:

Limad said:

And another one today.

That is great work. I see that your Shrine of champions is at level 20. That must have cost a lot of sapphires. 

If you buy sketches during the discount, the total cost comes out to just under 100k sapphires.  Although there was an event once that reduced the amount of sketches needed to upgrade the shrine by 50%, so if you did the upgrades during that it was much cheaper.  Maybe it'll come around again at some point.   
Oct 2, 2020, 21:0610/02/20
12/22/14

One more today, so that's three in less than a month.  

BiohazarDModerator
Oct 4, 2020, 04:3810/04/20
10/04/13
Limad said:

One more today, so that's three in less than a month.  

Congratulations, that's some good RNG.