All Categories

"Raid vs Siege vs League  Attacks" looking for definitive information

"Raid vs Siege vs League Attacks" looking for definitive information

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jul 11, 2020, 00:5107/11/20
11/14/16

"Raid vs Siege vs League Attacks" looking for definitive information

I have read multiple time's about the mechanics of them being different but I have not yet read a definitive summary of how and obviously why.

From what I understand about a raid is this, you total the power points from both party's and then you calculate the loss based on your  contribution to the total power points.

I.e.. 600m off attacking 400m defense. the attacker would lose 40% while the defender would lose 60%. Now what people fail to mention when they say the mechanic is different for a siege is how it is different ?  :)

I am also curious about "league attacks" and how the power points are used to determine loss because it is clearly difernt than the formula above.

So would a league attack on a hamlet or castle act like one being done on a beacon where the attacker may lose  50% while making up 20% of the total power points?

Thanks

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 11, 2020, 10:5007/11/20
01/10/17

I'm not sure anyone will spend as much time as it would take to Break down the mechanics to the enth degree listing each and every variable an individual account may have against the myriad of of variables a league with many accounts would have or even if it would be possible.

It would take too much of my time away from the game  to read such a post (Personally speaking of course) 

I don't need to see how the sausage is made I just would rather enjoy the sausage ! 

Good luck on your quest ! 
Jul 11, 2020, 18:0807/11/20
11/14/16

CertainDeath said:

I'm not sure anyone will spend as much time as it would take to Break down the mechanics to the enth degree listing each and every variable an individual account may have against the myriad of of variables a league with many accounts would have or even if it would be possible.

It would take too much of my time away from the game  to read such a post (Personally speaking of course) 

I don't need to see how the sausage is made I just would rather enjoy the sausage ! 

That's a very fancy way of saying you don't know. It took me a bit to even read that circle :)

Thanks for input none-the-less.
Jul 11, 2020, 19:2207/11/20
04/23/20

It's not hard to run a basic test and go from there to try work it out for yourself. 

Raid 

Siege.

Have fun. 
Jul 12, 2020, 01:5007/12/20
Jul 12, 2020, 01:56(edited)
11/14/16

Reverse Midas said:

It's not hard to run a basic test and go from there to try work it out for yourself.

Thanks for the input, its actually quite telling.

But what your really saying is I should go and find out for myself instead of asking if someone actually knows already?

Maybe fURY knows? I am really not wanting to spend a few thousand units to calculate the outcomes if someone who uses the "public forum" already knows the answer. That would just be dumb.

Jul 12, 2020, 15:1807/12/20
01/10/17

Head Games said:

CertainDeath said:

That's a very fancy way of saying you don't know. It took me a bit to even read that circle :)

Thanks for input none-the-less.

No it's a fancy way of saying your asking for more than you will get and more than I care to know  .

And as soon as you say You want the definitive answer to your question I will tell you this It would require over fifty pages maybe even 150  who Knows ? 

There is no way no how you will get this and have it correct because what your asking for Has too many variables and By the time  you think you know what's what there will be another change made that will make all those Pages Obsolete! 

Enjoy your Sausage because when you see how it's made it will forever change your appetite for it. 

Jul 12, 2020, 15:3807/12/20
02/22/16

Hello Head Games wow that sure is a tall order I'm not sure if your going to be able to get it filled.

it would require several hours maybe even a few months to compile such a Tome. 

It would also require a league fully disclose all of the Leagues stats and upgrades and troop numbers And I really don't think that's going to Happen. Not to mention I don't think a definitive answer can be really made because the game is an always changing adventure .

But you are welcomed to try to see if someone has the time to find out what you want. 

I also wish you luck.

Jul 12, 2020, 16:4707/12/20
11/14/16

Well, if nobody knows that fine. people talk like they do so I figured I would ask.

Thanks for the feedback
Jul 13, 2020, 01:3007/13/20
02/22/16

Head Games said:

Well, if nobody knows that fine. people talk like they do so I figured I would ask.

Thanks for the feedback

Well I'm very sure there are a few that do But they have done the hard yards and compiled it . 

I'm not thinking it would be something they would sharing it would defeat the advantage they worked so hard to achieve.
BiohazarDModerator
Jul 13, 2020, 05:5107/13/20
10/04/13

Head Games said:

I have read multiple time's about the mechanics of them being different but I have not yet read a definitive summary of how and obviously why.

From what I understand about a raid is this, you total the power points from both party's and then you calculate the loss based on your  contribution to the total power points.

I.e.. 600m off attacking 400m defense. the attacker would lose 40% while the defender would lose 60%. Now what people fail to mention when they say the mechanic is different for a siege is how it is different ?  :)

I am also curious about "league attacks" and how the power points are used to determine loss because it is clearly difernt than the formula above.

So would a league attack on a hamlet or castle act like one being done on a beacon where the attacker may lose  50% while making up 20% of the total power points?

Thanks

Here's the short version:

Raid is 1:1 loses based on power after all bonuses are applied (including def bonus from walls). So if you send 100 million offense raid at a castle that has 10 million defense, you'd lose about 9 million offense and the attacker would lose about 9 million defense. If the castle has high walls this could mean the defender loses fewer units because their troops have 3x or more their normal power due to the walls, but the effective power lost is the same for both sides.  

With siege mechanic the person with more power gains a bonus (the amount depends on how overwhelming the fight is, there's a formula for it but the exact numbers are kind of a secret). For outnumbering 10 to 1 you get about a 2.5x bonus, so in the same battle mentioned above the attacker would lose about 4 mil offense and the defender would lose about 9.6 mil defense.

If you attacked 100 million defense with 100 million offense the result would be the same whether you sent a raid or a siege, 50% losses for both sides. If you think you outnumber the target it's better to send a siege, if he outnumbers you and you're just trying to wear him down it's better to send a raid.

League attacks always use the siege mechanic, and the losses are divided between the participants based on their portion of the total units.  (ie if you send 10k dragons in an attack made up of 50k dragons total, and the attack loses 10%, you would lose 1k or 10% of yours, regardless of whether your units had better or worse bonuses than the other people in the attack).  

Jul 13, 2020, 15:5707/13/20
11/14/16

BiohazarD said:

Here's the short version:

Raid is 1:1 loses based on power after all bonuses are applied (including def bonus from walls). So if you send 100 million offense raid at a castle that has 10 million defense, you'd lose about 9 million offense and the attacker would lose about 9 million defense. If the castle has high walls this could mean the defender loses fewer units because their troops have 3x or more their normal power due to the walls, but the effective power lost is the same for both sides.  

With siege mechanic the person with more power gains a bonus (the amount depends on how overwhelming the fight is, there's a formula for it but the exact numbers are kind of a secret). For outnumbering 10 to 1 you get about a 2.5x bonus, so in the same battle mentioned above the attacker would lose about 4 mil offense and the defender would lose about 9.6 mil defense.

If you attacked 100 million defense with 100 million offense the result would be the same whether you sent a raid or a siege, 50% losses for both sides. If you think you outnumber the target it's better to send a siege, if he outnumbers you and you're just trying to wear him down it's better to send a raid.

League attacks always use the siege mechanic, and the losses are divided between the participants based on their portion of the total units.  (ie if you send 10k dragons in an attack made up of 50k dragons total, and the attack loses 10%, you would lose 1k or 10% of yours, regardless of whether your units had better or worse bonuses than the other people in the attack).  

BiohazzarD

Thank you very much, this is exactly what I was looking for.
Jul 14, 2020, 00:0307/14/20
08/09/15

people keep pushing my buttons,messaging or commenting on me with their alts,but in the end u can see their patterns and everything....anyways

head games,hello my friend

for what biohazard said,some part people agree or disagree,me for one :p  for his explanation,u should take note of few things here

1.unit types.a 100 million offense can be stronger/weaker than 100 mil defense in regard with their type and match up (e.g. infantry vs bestiary)

2.given the same situation, as the multipliers in power difference increase or decrease so do the losses and percentages

3.same goes for every positive/negative buffs attacker/defenders receive

im really sorry that i cant share more than this,but given how smart u are,im pretty sure ull figure the rest out for yourself easily

Jul 14, 2020, 07:3807/14/20
Jul 14, 2020, 15:04(edited)
10/16/14

this worked fine 2 years ago. 

LINK REMOVED.  DO NOT POST LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES.  

Raid

Siege 

Fireball

People already explained this. But I guise you wanted it in words. 

Jul 14, 2020, 12:5407/14/20
Jul 14, 2020, 12:56(edited)
11/14/16

For me I am just trying to minimize loss with max damage.

Curious about the league attack

A solder sending 1b to attack a Beacon would do less damage than a fighter sending the same attack since the fighter can send as a league attack rather than normal. This is the understanding and no way will anyone test this :)

That calculator wont work for me, thanks for the link tho.

Jul 14, 2020, 19:0907/14/20
04/23/20
You need to think about force limits. 
Jul 14, 2020, 22:5207/14/20
08/09/15
Jul 15, 2020, 14:1407/15/20
07/10/14

Head Games said:

This is spot on.

People have mentioned that it's really complicated, with the impression that you should give up ever trying to understand it. It's not.

The raid and seige mechanics are simple 1 line equations. 

If you were to break the process down, it really has 3 steps.

1. Calculate Offence & Defence Power

2. Apply the simple formula/equation to determine loss %'s

3. Multiple the Loss % into size of troop stacks to determine troop loss numbers

With all the bonuses, champs etc step 1 is now much complex to calculate the total offence and defence power of an army. You'll need a reasonable in depth spreadsheet to do it.

But don't confuse that step and think the actual siege or raid mechanic calculation is complicated. It's not

I am not going to tell you what those formulae are. That is one of the key competitive advantages that has kept my league alive and competitive in a sea of mega spenders.

So while this isn't exactly the answer you were looking for, I hope it helps you cut through the noise and maybe makes it easier for you to have a chance to work it out for yourself.

Jul 15, 2020, 17:0307/15/20
02/21/16

I've seen Players wish you luck  I haven't seen anyone tell you it's too hard so give up ! 

My spin is it will take a while and it will require the units you don't want to use to figure it out. 

A lengthy and accurate spread sheet. 

And don't forget to Add the Values of Champions and Crystals and Lost arts that may or may not been done. Oh yes not to forget whatever dragon arts might be Activated . Then there Are the boost That can be applied and special Stoneheart Units that maybe in the mix etc etc etc

And then you will need to figure out the Formula

Because having someone just give you the Super simple secret formula would be a betrayal to their league. 

It's been done by others but I don't see anyone whispering the answer into your or my ear yet.

I do hope some one will give you the answer you seek (Then you can whisper it into My Ear )  

good luck sir Headgames