Game design should minimise un-necessary mouse clicks

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jul 10, 2020, 05:0007/10/20
08/23/15

When upgrading champions, need to select a sacrificial: 1 click needed

but the game demands 2 confirmations, then an extra click to acknowledge upgrade, and another to return to options, which in my humble opinion could be auto at the end of the upgrading routine

Thus, the game needs 5 mouse-clicks from user where 1 could have done the job... and from lag-observations, I think one of those is communicated back and forth through internet....

What a shameful !!! waste of resources, like mice, internet, player's time & patience and last but not least: GAME SATISFACTION

There are plenty of other examples of waste in the game... just too many to quote here or I would bore you for days to come

End of my rant, sincerely, captain DGO
Views
Comments
Comments
AlinaCommunity Manager
Jul 10, 2020, 08:2707/10/20
05/21/19
DeGrootsteOnzin said:

but the game demands 2 confirmations, then an extra click to acknowledge upgrade, and another to return to options, which in my humble opinion could be auto at the end of the upgrading routine

Thus, the game needs 5 mouse-clicks from user where 1 could have done the job... and from lag-observations, I think one of those is communicated back and forth through internet....

What a shameful !!! waste of resources, like mice, internet, player's time & patience and last but not least: GAME SATISFACTION

There are plenty of other examples of waste in the game... just too many to quote here or I would bore you for days to come

Hello! Thanks for sharing your opinion with us! We're working in this direction 
Jul 10, 2020, 23:1807/10/20
08/09/15

DeGrootsteOnzin said:

this was asked by many players and our suggestions has already been accepted

they say theyr working on this,hopefully the change will be applied soon

this will save us alot of time

Jul 12, 2020, 16:5807/12/20
Jul 12, 2020, 16:59(edited)
02/20/17
fURY said:

DeGrootsteOnzin said:

You should be named Moderator since each comment of Alina is aproved by you  lol
BiohazarDModerator
Jul 13, 2020, 05:5407/13/20
10/04/13
Haadaway. said:

fURY said:

DeGrootsteOnzin said:

You should be named Moderator since each comment of Alina is aproved by you  lol
Our job involves a bit more than that ;)  But more Alina fans are always appreciated.  
MicModerator
Jul 13, 2020, 08:1707/13/20
02/22/19

Haadaway. said:

fURY said:

DeGrootsteOnzin said:

Hello my Lord  Haadaway  ,

Me personally ,  have seen and read many posts by Lord Fury ,  and I can assure you that some talk about very important things in the game and are explained very well so is not just that he aprove each comment of the community manager Alina, but his posts are useful ( your  sarcastic comment or not..   http://prntscr.com/tgqoja  ) 

I wish you a good day and good game !
Jul 17, 2020, 15:4607/17/20
Jul 17, 2020, 15:52(edited)
02/22/16

Haadaway. said:

fURY said:

DeGrootsteOnzin said:

Yeah Fury is a help for sure I'm not sure if he would consider Moderating 

I am Glad he is around though he seems very game savvy and has some amusing post that leave me with a smile at times.

And these days a smile is always welcome.

And the tweaking of the game is a constant thing the Devs are very busy doing their best to increase the enjoyment of the overall game experience. 
Jul 23, 2020, 09:5207/23/20
Jul 23, 2020, 11:48(edited)
04/12/16

Quote Degroot "What a shameful !!! waste of resources, like mice, internet, player's time & patience and last but not least: GAME SATISFACTION"

I am sorry mate I just had to :)

I can't get no satisfaction

I can't get me no satisfaction

And I click and I click and I click, c-c-c-click, click

I can't get no

I can't get me no

When I'm clicking on my mouse

And a man comes on the forum

He's tellin' me more and more

About some useless information

Supposed to fire my imagination

I can't get no

No, no, no

Hey, hey, hey

That's what I say

I can't get no satisfaction

I can't get me no champion action

Try Singing it! Groovy...

Jul 23, 2020, 10:2207/23/20
02/22/16
Zardas said:

Try Singing it and I challenge someone to make the second verse!

Hello Zardas Please though I know this is an attempt at levity This can be considered an attempt to hijack the topic I ask that you try not doing this 
Jul 23, 2020, 11:3007/23/20
Jul 23, 2020, 11:32(edited)
04/12/16

You are correct mate, there will only be on verse then, anyway I agree with ya all upgrading champs take to many clicks and to mush time.
Game time in a war game should be spent on finding and killing the enemy.

And I think my carer as a single song writer will come to an early retirement :)

Jul 27, 2020, 17:3707/27/20
01/17/15

Alina said:

DeGrootsteOnzin said:

Hi ALina,

Yes....we have to many clicks...

For exemple scrool up and down in champion window. 

My sugestion is to make the champion window smaller

AlinaCommunity Manager
Jul 31, 2020, 10:5107/31/20
05/21/19
horia said:

Alina said:

DeGrootsteOnzin said:

Hi ALina,

Yes....we have to many clicks...

For exemple scrool up and down in champion window. 

My sugestion is to make the champion window smaller

Hello! I got your idea, but I'm afraid that in this case, many players will complain that the windows are too small!