All Categories

Beacons on Sever 2 - Plarium's plan ?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Apr 21, 2020, 01:5404/21/20
04/16/16

Any chance that new Beacons will be added or will Balur's forces EVER be stong enough to take back some of the Beacons on Sever 2, so that many of us smaller leagues can have a chance to earn some league Archievements ?

I know this has been brought up before...

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/51_game-discussion/122251_level-5---beacons/?post=572575

I was just wondering if Plarium has finally come up with some plan for resovling this issue. Last I heard, Plarium had looked into adding more Beacons, but that "statisitcally" there wasn't enough reason to do it.

Right now 7 leagues control every Beacon and have them all at level 5

I'm wondering if this will ever get addressed due to the fact there are 10 different League Achievements that involve Beacons.

Views
Comments
Comments
AlinaCommunity Manager
Apr 21, 2020, 11:5704/21/20
Apr 21, 2020, 11:57(edited)
05/21/19

Jelly Baby said:

Any chance that new Beacons will be added or will Balur's forces EVER be stong enough to take back some of the Beacons on Sever 2, so that many of us smaller leagues can have a chance to earn some league Archievements ?

I know this has been brought up before...

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/51_game-discussion/122251_level-5---beacons/?post=572575

I was just wondering if Plarium has finally come up with some plan for resovling this issue. Last I heard, Plarium had looked into adding more Beacons, but that "statisitcally" there wasn't enough reason to do it.

Right now 7 leagues control every Beacon and have them all at level 5

I'm wondering if this will ever get addressed due to the fact there are 10 different League Achievements that involve Beacons.

Hello, Limad! Thanks for your question!

You're right. We monitor our players' progress on each server and add new Beacons according to it. As soon as we see that players on Server 2 are ready, we'll add new Beacons there. I hope for your understanding on this matter. 

Apr 22, 2020, 08:2704/22/20
04/16/16

The Forum link I included was from Feb 2019... That's 1 year and 2 months +

All Beacons have been held by just a few leagues and all at Lvl 5 since that post

Alina said,

Hello, Limad! Thanks for your question!     Who is Limad ?   Is this just a copy and paste answer ???

You're right. We monitor our players' progress on each server and add new Beacons according to it. As soon as we see that players on Server 2 are ready, we'll add new Beacons there. I hope for your understanding on this matter

I am trying to understand this matter, but after more than 1 year...

(1) How can you monitor players' progress when no players, other than those with massive coined units, can do anything with the Beacons on Server 2 ?

(2) Where are Balur's forces ?    

(3) Are Balur's forces just giving these few leagues Dark Essence for free since Balur's forces can't downgrade them ?

(4) Is this why Dark Units are now given for Free, in the Daily Gifts of Gratitude... because Plarium sees that no players can earn Dark Essence on their own,
other than those with massive coined units ?

Apr 22, 2020, 10:4204/22/20
07/10/14
Can you show us a picture of the beacon map on server 2? Just wondering what it looks like.
Apr 22, 2020, 13:5604/22/20
04/16/16

There are only 114 Beacons on Server 2...

Of course I can not take a screen shot of the whole map because of no zoom out feature...

Here is a sample:

And another look...

Only 7 leagues control all  114 Beacons

AlinaCommunity Manager
Apr 24, 2020, 14:3804/24/20
05/21/19

Jelly Baby said:

The Forum link I included was from Feb 2019... That's 1 year and 2 months +

All Beacons have been held by just a few leagues and all at Lvl 5 since that post

Alina said,

Hello, Limad! Thanks for your question!     Who is Limad ?   Is this just a copy and paste answer ???

You're right. We monitor our players' progress on each server and add new Beacons according to it. As soon as we see that players on Server 2 are ready, we'll add new Beacons there. I hope for your understanding on this matter

I am trying to understand this matter, but after more than 1 year...

(1) How can you monitor players' progress when no players, other than those with massive coined units, can do anything with the Beacons on Server 2 ?

(3) Are Balur's forces just giving these few leagues Dark Essence for free since Balur's forces can't downgrade them ?

(4) Is this why Dark Units are now given for Free, in the Daily Gifts of Gratitude... because Plarium sees that no players can earn Dark Essence on their own,
other than those with massive coined units ?

Hello, Jelly Baby!

I'm sorry about this misunderstanding. Limad is another player on Stormfall and somehow I mixed it up. Sorry again!

Regarding your question about Beacons again. we monitor how many free Beacons there are on each server. Do you mean that there are no free Beacons on Server 2? 

Replying to your other questions:

1) There is a tool that collects data on how many free Beacons there are on each server. According to this info, we decide if any new Beacons should be added or not. If there are enough free Beacons on a server, there is obviously no need to add any new ones. 

2) Not sure what you meant here, sorry. Could you please specify your question? 

3) I don't think so. 

4) Definitely not! We just want our players to receive good rewards 

Cheers! 

Apr 24, 2020, 15:1504/24/20
04/16/16

Regarding your question about Beacons again. we monitor how many free Beacons there are on each server. Do you mean that there are no free Beacons on Server 2? 

answer:  YES   there are no Free Beacons    And there have not been for over 1 year+ ...   when a new one is added it is immediately taken and made to level 5

1) There is a tool that collects data on how many free Beacons there are on each server. According to this info, we decide if any new Beacons should be added or not. If there are enough free Beacons on a server, there is obviously no need to add any new ones. 

answer:  THE TOOL IS BROKEN    someone needs to look at the Beacon field and not rely on a tool

answer:   In the past, Balur's forces got increasing stronger the longer you held a Beacon and Balur would take it back...  this is not happening

3) I don't think so.

answer:  Of course they are.  When Balur's forces are slain...

Thanks to a unnamed player who sent me this screenshot of the Server 2 Beacon map... just so you can see the entire Beacon field is controlled by 7 leagues   and   there are no FREE Beacons

Again, this Topic on the Beacons on Server 2 has been going on for well over 1 year+

**  WE NEED SOME TECHNICAL ATTENTION FOR THE BEACONS ON SERVER 2  **

Apr 26, 2020, 03:2604/26/20
07/10/14
Jelly Baby said:

Of course I can not take a screen shot of the whole map because of no zoom out feature...

Here is a sample:

And another look...

Yeah, you need new beacons - lol.
BiohazarDModerator
Apr 26, 2020, 04:0704/26/20
10/04/13
YDoom said:

Jelly Baby said:

Here is a sample:

And another look...

Yeah, you need new beacons - lol.
They'll probably get some sooner or later.  Hopefully we don't get more on server 1 though, seeing as most of the ones there are unowned.  
Apr 26, 2020, 15:2704/26/20
Apr 26, 2020, 15:50(edited)
12/13/14

answer: YES there are no Free Beacons And there have not been for over 1 year+ ... when a new one is added it is immediately taken and made to level 5

You seem to have answered your own question

Adding new beacons would seem pointless if the top coiner leagues will take them all immediately

The rich just get richer with everything they add - and it will get a lot worse after the browser shutdown

Zero interaction with beacons on Untamed Server - http://prntscr.com/s68c72

Apr 26, 2020, 16:3304/26/20
Apr 26, 2020, 16:33(edited)
04/16/16

Snowgoon said:

answer: YES there are no Free Beacons And there have not been for over 1 year+ ... when a new one is added it is immediately taken and made to level 5

You seem to have answered your own question

Adding new beacons would seem pointless if the top coiner leagues will take them all immediately

The rich just get richer with everything they add

Zero interaction with beacons on Untamed Server - http://prntscr.com/s68c72

I answered the question from Alina

Server 2 Beacons = 114

Server 1 Beacons = 773

Plarium would need to add 100+  new Beacons on Server 2...      all at once to give many leagues the opportunity to try and earn some league achievements in the Beacon area...     since there are 10 ahievements related to just Beacons

Apr 27, 2020, 00:1904/27/20
11/08/15
Seems to me there has to be an influx of Beacons so massive that those seven Leagues will not have enough troops available to distribute and secure them all...don't see that happening anytime soon...if ever tbh
AlinaCommunity Manager
Apr 27, 2020, 15:2804/27/20
05/21/19
Jelly Baby said:

answer:  YES   there are no Free Beacons    And there have not been for over 1 year+ ...   when a new one is added it is immediately taken and made to level 5

answer:  THE TOOL IS BROKEN    someone needs to look at the Beacon field and not rely on a tool

answer:   In the past, Balur's forces got increasing stronger the longer you held a Beacon and Balur would take it back...  this is not happening

3) I don't think so.

answer:  Of course they are.  When Balur's forces are slain...

Thanks to a unnamed player who sent me this screenshot of the Server 2 Beacon map... just so you can see the entire Beacon field is controlled by 7 leagues   and   there are no FREE Beacons

Again, this Topic on the Beacons on Server 2 has been going on for well over 1 year+

**  WE NEED SOME TECHNICAL ATTENTION FOR THE BEACONS ON SERVER 2  **
Thanks, Jelly Baby! I'll forward your request to the game team. Thanks for drawing my attention to it. Cheers!
Apr 28, 2020, 04:0404/28/20
04/16/16

Ruffneck said:

Seems to me there has to be an influx of Beacons so massive that those seven Leagues will not have enough troops available to distribute and secure them all...don't see that happening anytime soon...if ever tbh

Yes, that's the idea ** 

(1)  Put so many Beacons on the map that those 7 leagues can't control them all at LvL 5... 

(2)  There are many leagues that more than likely able to control maybe 1 to 5 Beacons at LvL 5... 

(3)  There would need to be 100+ ( maybe like 400+ ) new Beacons to make it worthwhile for the leagues that might be able to control 1 Beacon at LvL 5

** This would drive more game play and strategy from leagues and their members.  And it would feel like a new game because now everyone would be trying to work on their League Achievements for the Beacons

BiohazarDModerator
Apr 28, 2020, 05:5604/28/20
10/04/13
Jelly Baby said:

Ruffneck said:

Yes, that's the idea ** 

(1)  Put so many Beacons on the map that those 7 leagues can't control them all at LvL 5... 

(2)  There are many leagues that more than likely able to control maybe 1 to 5 Beacons at LvL 5... 

(3)  There would need to be 100+ ( maybe like 400+ ) new Beacons to make it worthwhile for the leagues that might be able to control 1 Beacon at LvL 5

** This would drive more game play and strategy from leagues and their members.  And it would feel like a new game because now everyone would be trying to work on their League Achievements for the Beacons

It would probably also result in some leagues taking beacons who really don't have enough defense to hold them properly, and then getting smashed by the bigger leagues for pvp.  But that's unavoidable I suppose.  At least it makes things interesting...
Apr 29, 2020, 02:5904/29/20
04/16/16

BiohazarD said:

It would probably also result in some leagues taking beacons who really don't have enough defense to hold them properly, and then getting smashed by the bigger leagues for pvp.  But that's unavoidable I suppose.  At least it makes things interesting...

Thanks for finally saying that

Yes bringing some intrest back into the game...    

interest  =  a good   "concept / idea"   to pass along to the Plarium crew 

Jul 9, 2020, 17:3707/09/20
02/06/18

I completely agree to increase the number of Beacons on server2, we need at least 500. It's absurd that only 7 leagues take the dark essence practically for free and reinforce themselves. The ridiculous thing is that they get angry if a small league allows themselves to attack their possessions.

If Plarium believes they won't increase their beacons, they could put a limit on the number of beacons they possess.

Thank you for your attention.

Jul 9, 2020, 18:5507/09/20
10/31/14

Plarium has introduced new beacons twice since this post was written. Nothing changed. The problem with leagues that don't have beacons is that they don't have any metagame. The entire gameplay has been reduced to marshals playing fiefdom with their exclusive players. 

Without metagame, you can't hold a beacon. This game is more complex than just building a mega army, Its a social game. You need diplomacy, you need to build relationships that allow negotiations. Without metagame, a league exists solely as fodder for larger leagues to get players. They are player farms, training players for leagues that have metagame. 

Jul 10, 2020, 07:3707/10/20
Jul 10, 2020, 07:58(edited)
04/16/16

Thanks for showing that 7 new Beacons have been added since the April 24th, 2020 post... 

did you notice that the 7 new Beacons are still held by the same 7 league ??

Oracle said:

1.  "The entire gameplay has been reduced to marshals playing fiefdom with their exclusive players."

this is what we've been saying.... thanks for acknowleging the fact   

in a fiefdom, it is a "do as I say, or die" mentalitly (no negoetiations or diplomacy)

2.  "Without metagame, you can't hold a beacon. This game is more complex than just building a mega army, Its a social game. You need diplomacy, you need to build relationships that allow negotiations."

how do you tell the 7 leagues that control all the Beacons...       that they need to negotiate, that they need to be more diplomatic?   

Why would they give up their easy access to Dark Essence for their Darkened Units ?  

They certainly aren't diplomatic and don't negotiate with lower level leagues.

*** I would like some more information on how,   When speaking of Beacons,   this game is more complex than just building a mega army.  Mega Armies are what it takes to hold all of the Beacons at level 5 between the 7 leagues

3.  "Without metagame, a league exists solely as fodder for larger leagues to get players. They are player farms, training players for leagues that have metagame."

*** Honestly, I have not heard the term "metagame" so you may need to define that word, as to Plarium game play.

What I think your saying about metagame, is that eventually it is going to bring this game to just a few leagues who control every aspect of it.  

Then why would someone who is new to the game... stay and play if all they see is member after member stop playing and league after league dissolve...     ever wonder why there are so many lvl 2 to lvl 7 castles out there on the map ?

And when there is no benefit or enjoyment to them when they can't feel like they can contribute to a league... unless they join one of the Top leagues or their farm leagues.

which is your point, I believe...   " metagame "

When I first started playing this game there was strategy involved... now its just who has the most.

Gone are the days when you had to work at a project and it meant something, now you can just sapphire your way to the end

Gone are the days when troops couldn't be built when you couldn't feed them.  

Gone are the days when you had to work with other leagues to achieve your Fortress level. (no one can get past Fortress level 12 now because it requires you to hold a Beacon and that is not possible)

Gone are the days when Balur would have a big enough army to attack a Beacon and take it back.  

Gone are the days when Sketches were on a regular basis and 30% off.

Gone are the days when there were no Sketches.

New leagues will never be able to complete any of the  10  League Achievements that involve Beacons

That is why many players are asking for 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 more Beacons.  They want their league that they are in to Achieve something in the Beacon area.   

*** not just merge into another league for those benefits

I repeat from April...   bring some interest back to the game by adding
MANY MORE Beacons to the map all at once

MicModerator
Jul 13, 2020, 08:3707/13/20
02/22/19

Jelly Baby said:

Thanks for showing that 7 new Beacons have been added since the April 24th, 2020 post... 

did you notice that the 7 new Beacons are still held by the same 7 league ??

Oracle said:

1.  "The entire gameplay has been reduced to marshals playing fiefdom with their exclusive players."

this is what we've been saying.... thanks for acknowleging the fact   

in a fiefdom, it is a "do as I say, or die" mentalitly (no negoetiations or diplomacy)

2.  "Without metagame, you can't hold a beacon. This game is more complex than just building a mega army, Its a social game. You need diplomacy, you need to build relationships that allow negotiations."

how do you tell the 7 leagues that control all the Beacons...       that they need to negotiate, that they need to be more diplomatic?   

Why would they give up their easy access to Dark Essence for their Darkened Units ?  

They certainly aren't diplomatic and don't negotiate with lower level leagues.

*** I would like some more information on how,   When speaking of Beacons,   this game is more complex than just building a mega army.  Mega Armies are what it takes to hold all of the Beacons at level 5 between the 7 leagues

3.  "Without metagame, a league exists solely as fodder for larger leagues to get players. They are player farms, training players for leagues that have metagame."

*** Honestly, I have not heard the term "metagame" so you may need to define that word, as to Plarium game play.

What I think your saying about metagame, is that eventually it is going to bring this game to just a few leagues who control every aspect of it.  

Then why would someone who is new to the game... stay and play if all they see is member after member stop playing and league after league dissolve...     ever wonder why there are so many lvl 2 to lvl 7 castles out there on the map ?

And when there is no benefit or enjoyment to them when they can't feel like they can contribute to a league... unless they join one of the Top leagues or their farm leagues.

which is your point, I believe...   " metagame "

When I first started playing this game there was strategy involved... now its just who has the most.

Gone are the days when you had to work at a project and it meant something, now you can just sapphire your way to the end

Gone are the days when troops couldn't be built when you couldn't feed them.  

Gone are the days when you had to work with other leagues to achieve your Fortress level. (no one can get past Fortress level 12 now because it requires you to hold a Beacon and that is not possible)

Gone are the days when Balur would have a big enough army to attack a Beacon and take it back.  

Gone are the days when Sketches were on a regular basis and 30% off.

Gone are the days when there were no Sketches.

New leagues will never be able to complete any of the  10  League Achievements that involve Beacons

That is why many players are asking for 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 more Beacons.  They want their league that they are in to Achieve something in the Beacon area.   

*** not just merge into another league for those benefits

I repeat from April...   bring some interest back to the game by adding
MANY MORE Beacons to the map all at once

Hello   ,

i think you agree the game is in constant change, the developers always try to improve it, they always bring new things to the game ... it cannot be the same game as many years ago with the same things ...

I see that you are regretting past times a little bit...(me not LOL)
Your feedback was passed to the team , 
I am sure about that the developers will add more beacons  or more battlegrounds as soon they will see the server is ready for it ... 
Stay tuned and enjoy the game !

Jul 17, 2020, 22:0807/17/20
Jul 17, 2020, 22:18(edited)
02/20/17

"I repeat from April... bring some interest back to the game by adding MANY MORE Beacons to the map all at once"

More beacons needed with a fair method used for force limit - Any limit based on food consumption is hopeless

One mega coiner can smash any beacon with minimal casualties with the new 7 star champions, eldrich dragons and weor units
The Force Limit is a Joke
My league lost over 66 million defense, but the attacker lost only 0.4%

https://prnt.sc/ti9fr5

https://prnt.sc/ti9jqh

This was from Farwol server where there are dozens of empty beacons, but they cannot be held or upgraded without being bulldozed

More beacons is not the answer - any non-coiner league who attempts to hold a beacon will be obliterated