All Categories

FLASH PLAYER

FLASH PLAYER

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Sep 16, 2019, 11:5309/16/19
11/27/14

FLASH PLAYER

Please tell us what will happen after 2020?

We will use only the Plarium App ?

This is a payed acc....so I want to know if I invest or not in this game!

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 16, 2019, 12:4409/16/19
Sep 16, 2019, 12:48(edited)
02/22/16

My plan is to run the Game on a browser that still supports Flash.  With more than a year ahead before those that won't keep supporting stop. There will be others that will wisely see where there will be a void in the market that they will fill.

And it appears Plarium is and has been working on a work around they will keep us  abreast of the developments as they have done recently.
MicModerator
Sep 16, 2019, 13:5909/16/19
02/22/19

Mark ROMANIA said:

Hello Mark ,

You can read the thread of the Community manager about this Subject , 

there is a very good explanation ,  what will happen ,  and how we will can play without flash player ! 

I wish you good game and good battles !

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/54_-news-and-announcements/154505_plarium-s-plans-for-its-strategy-games-once-browsers-stop-supporting-flash-3/

MicModerator
Sep 17, 2019, 10:2809/17/19
02/22/19

WOW, Lord Sir Dan Saul Knight...is amazing that you don't read with attention ...i see you just reply for the second time with the same answer , so i will copy and paste my answer for you from the other your comment ...

Hello SIR DAN SAUL Knight , i am afraid you didn't read with attention all the article about , so i will copy/paste for you here :

In2016, Adobe announced that they would stop developing Flash. By December 2020, Flash will no longer be supported by any web browser. As many of you know, most of Plarium’s strategy games run on the Flash engine. If the browsers block Flash, it would spell the end of an incredible gaming community. It would be a disaster, and we’re not about to let it happen.

Adobe suggested we transfer our games from Flash to WebGL to avoid the problem entirely. As an experiment, we began to transfer one of our games - Sparta: War of Empires - to WebGL in the middle of 2016.

It took 2 years, and the results were disappointing. The WebGL engine was not as powerful as Flash: the minimum system requirements went up, the visual quality went down, the load times were 5-7 times longer, and the game was much less responsive. After 3 years of awesome gameplay, players had come to expect more. WebGL would not do!

Our top priority was, and will always be, the development of high-quality games for our players. WebGL was unacceptable, so we built an alternative: Plarium Play, an independent desktop application. It enables us to safely and reliably use Flash even after Adobe stops supporting the engine. It’s convenient for you, it’s convenient for us, and it’s already the solution being implemented by others facing this problem.

What does this mean?

Chrome will support Flash till the end of 2020. We recommend switching to Chrome if your browser cuts support early.

Players who are currently playing on plarium.com should switch directly to Plarium Play as soon as possible.

Players who are using facebook.com should switch to Facebook’s Gameroom application.

Other social platforms hosting our games are currently developing desktop applications. Once those are out, you should switch over.

While Flash is available on browsers, we will do everything we can to help you play our games on your format of choice. Once that’s no longer an option, you can still keep playing on Plarium Play or your platform’s desktop application.

We want to assure you that our strategy games will keep using Flash. Our best developers will continue working on improving the game quality, adding new content, and implementing new features to provide you with the best game experience. We will also continue collecting feedback from our gaming community so we can create a perfect game together.

Thank you for sticking with us. We will keep you updated!

Plarium Team

Sep 17, 2019, 16:0509/17/19
Sep 17, 2019, 16:11(edited)
05/27/17

MIC999's post is very informative and I am sure the Plarium Play App is the bee's knees... unfortunately it is utterly useless to anyone using a Linux Operating System

Sep 19, 2019, 12:5209/19/19
07/26/15
Hi there Limad, we will need to wait for the next official reply from Plarium, untill then its all speculation from us as players of the game 
BiohazarDModerator
Sep 19, 2019, 15:3509/19/19
10/04/13
Mark ROMANIA said:

You can still access the same account from the app, you just enter your login info there.   
BiohazarDModerator
Sep 19, 2019, 15:4109/19/19
10/04/13
Limad said:

A quote from Alina;

"Our top priority was, and will always be, the development of high-quality games for our players. WebGL was unacceptable, so we built an alternative: Plarium Play, an independent desktop application. It enables us to safely and reliably use Flash even after Adobe stops supporting the engine. It’s convenient for you, it’s convenient for us, and it’s already the solution being implemented by others facing this problem."

I'm just curious how Plarium think they'll be able to "safely and reliably" maintain a Flash Player reliant application when it's no longer being patched post 2020 by it's owner - Adobe - who have given up the ghost on supporting it due to security issues. 

I'm all ears. 

That's a good question, hopefully plarium devs will explain their plan in more detail at some point.  It's certainly possible to embed flash in a desktop application and keep it running after 2020, but there are a lot of security concerns.  
Sep 25, 2019, 10:4709/25/19
Sep 25, 2019, 10:58(edited)
02/22/16

Sir Dan Saul Knight said:

So the other mod is encouraging ppl to "use a browser" because "someone will fill the market gap".....

Even Plarium's own announcement clearly acknowledges that NO browsers are planning to support flash post Dec 20 (and we had linked here by ppl the official statements from the bowers developers - just a shame amazing info like that gets deleted here, should have been pinned).

And I would prefer not to be flamed by a mod about attention when I quite closely already read the Plarium statement. I also researched this topic substantially. To top it off I have supplied all the evidence Gamesroom will not support Flash post 2020 - as stated quite clearly by Facebook themselves.

Direct Link to the Facebook annouocment:

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/games/gamesonfacebook/webtech/

The important paragraph in that announcement (4th one in)

Adobe has announced its plans to stop updating and distributing Flash Player at the end of 2020. While games built with Flash will run on Facebook until the end of 2020, we strongly advise developers to follow the timelines set by browsers, as this may impact your decision to migrate sooner. For developers building new games, we strongly recommend using open web standards. To learn more about how you can migrate off Flash, you can sign up for our upcoming webinar or visit our blog post.

Either:

a) Plarium are intentionally misleading ppl (which I doubt given this is a pretty big public statement on the record)

b) The statement about Gamesroom like the Chrome statement is one about how to best access the games from now until Dec 2020 as certain browsers / apps etc turn-off flash support prior to Dec 2020 (the most likely IMO)

c) Facebook have updated their strategy but failed to communicate it and update their previous comms (pretty unlikely, and googling the subject yields nothing to suggest that) 

I stated My personal opinion  that is all !!  take it  or don't . Your history of throwing Shade on plarium is well known to me some people just love to stir the pot !  

you seem to of neglected to mention My statement that Plarium is making a work around to the Flash issue and I trust they will have a workable solution when it is needed !

Sep 27, 2019, 10:0109/27/19
07/26/15
For Linux and Mac users, please make a post saying that you use those operating systems, Plarium really needs to hear from you all
Sep 27, 2019, 10:2909/27/19
02/22/16
Limad said:

Wesley Pringle said:

you seem to of neglected to mention My statement that Plarium is making a work around to the Flash issue and I trust they will have a workable solution when it is needed !

Please point me to an official Plarium statement regarding "a work around". I guess I must have missed a post somewhere. 

I was referencing The in game  recent update that Plarium gave that said they are working toward a solution to the end of flash support at the end of 2020.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.