All Categories

Too Many Brawls

Too Many Brawls

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Sep 11, 2019, 14:2809/11/19
10/01/16

Too Many Brawls

While I greatly prefer the brawls to the duels since you implemented them,  the frequency of having one every 5 days or so is a a bit much.

There is just no time to recover and rebuild a little in order to again be competitive.  Of course,  the "coiner" leagues just go out and buy their replacement troops ,  and once again have an advantage. Good for Plarium, bad for the game.

I'm told that the determining factor as to what team you face is the amount of sapphs your team has received in previous brawls. I guess that's why my level 8 fortress team is always facing a level 20 fort opponent.  I think that formula needs to be changed also.

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 11, 2019, 20:1509/11/19
Sep 11, 2019, 20:15(edited)
02/28/16

Then skip one every now and then. According to the formula you are speaking of you will have breeze of a opponent after that Win-win.

But why the f... you are trying to limit brawls for leagues that are capable of maxing out every brawl is beyond me.

MicModerator
Sep 13, 2019, 09:2009/13/19
02/22/19

Hello  my Lords...

well Bob , if you think there are to often brawls ...you can skip someone , and don't partecipate, it's easy, nobody force you to do the brawl   ! 

I am sure you will find some other events or tournaments which you like to do !

I wish you a good game and good battles !

Sep 16, 2019, 11:4809/16/19
11/27/14

bob said:

While I greatly prefer the brawls to the duels since you implemented them,  the frequency of having one every 5 days or so is a a bit much. 

There is just no time to recover and rebuild a little in order to again be competitive.  Of course,  the "coiner" leagues just go out and buy their replacement troops ,  and once again have an advantage. Good for Plarium, bad for the game.

I'm told that the determining factor as to what team you face is the amount of sapphs your team has received in previous brawls. I guess that's why my level 8 fortress team is always facing a level 20 fort opponent.  I think that formula needs to be changed also.

It is to much because u are not able to win ?

For me at max reward and top1 is ok.

How many BRAWLS did u win in top position ?
Sep 16, 2019, 13:0709/16/19
07/26/15
Brawls, all  I can say as an opinion of a player who has been playing since 2013 is that they are the best thing that has happened to this game, they offer more rewards to win for their time duration than any other tournament in the game for not even having to kill other players, I will continue to enjoy the brawls each week, they are excellent 
Sep 16, 2019, 15:5909/16/19
Sep 16, 2019, 23:04(edited)
02/22/16

bob said:

Don't believe everything your told  It's based on the leagues past performance in their last Brawl  if you look at your  brawl it shows the Highest and Lowest range of points of the leagues that your brawl's tier has earned.  And accordingly the different tiers have different rewards according to the leagues rankings within the tier they are competing in.  With the top ten getting additional sapphire rewards for their performance. That being said  If you are presently in a brawl that is not in the Diamond tier and your rank is in the top ten your league will most likely graduate to at least the next tier level if not to the Diamond depending on your brawl score. Not the amount of sapphires your league has gained.

I have known of some leagues skipping being real active in one week so that they can be more competitive in the next Brawl in hopes of a better chance at final placement at the end of a Brawl.

This of course doesn't have the same  final payout as a higher tier. As with everything a strategist can find a work around to at least obtain advancements in some form if they can't compete in the higher echelons on the game.

I wish you well

Sep 16, 2019, 19:2509/16/19
10/01/16

Thanks all for your input !  I think the brawls are one of the best things implemented in the game in a while.   Having one every 5 days makes it tough to compete because it's not enough time to recover troops in order to do the BG's  and SH BG's .  I'm merely asking for a few more days between brawls .

To answer the question about winning brawls, yes we have won a few but mostly we lose.  However we have always ended up in the top 10 and yes this is diamond league. So we've been fortunate to win sapphires at each event.  We are a level 8 fort.  Yet we keep getting matched and re-matched over and over against level 20 teams that are top 5 every brawl event.  So that is why I question how the pairings are determined - and as I said the answer I got was that it was based on your sapphire amount in previous brawls. again, maybe something that could be modified. 
Sep 17, 2019, 19:4909/17/19
04/16/16

Is it possible to have the Brawls starts on Random days ?

Not every week, starting on Friday

Sep 18, 2019, 02:1509/18/19
02/22/16
Jelly Baby said:

I think the reason it starts on Friday is because most players are more likely be able to be active during their weekends for this multi day event. I know that's why I can get a reasonable score every week.
Sep 18, 2019, 13:3209/18/19
07/26/15

Bob, the reason you are getting the top leagues in Diamond teir is because of the brawl points you earn from the previous ones, thats how its worked, your in the top 10 rankings of Diamond teir even when your league looses so yes you will be paired against those top leagues

Your league must do exceptionally well for this Congratz there :D
BiohazarDModerator
Sep 19, 2019, 15:4609/19/19
10/04/13
Christine Hare said:

Bob, the reason you are getting the top leagues in Diamond teir is because of the brawl points you earn from the previous ones, thats how its worked, your in the top 10 rankings of Diamond teir even when your league looses so yes you will be paired against those top leagues

Your league must do exceptionally well for this Congratz there :D
Yeah, if they're in diamond tier they must be getting decent rewards since that takes a significant amount of points each week.   
BiohazarDModerator
Sep 19, 2019, 15:4809/19/19
10/04/13
Jelly Baby said:

Most people are busy during the week, so having it on a friday and saturday gives people more opportunity to participate.  Also, it lets people start buildings and stuff ahead of time to finish during the brawl.  Having it start on random days would be annoying and mean fewer people could participate.  
BiohazarDModerator
Sep 19, 2019, 15:5009/19/19
10/04/13
bob said:

Thanks all for your input !  I think the brawls are one of the best things implemented in the game in a while.   Having one every 5 days makes it tough to compete because it's not enough time to recover troops in order to do the BG's  and SH BG's .  I'm merely asking for a few more days between brawls .

To answer the question about winning brawls, yes we have won a few but mostly we lose.  However we have always ended up in the top 10 and yes this is diamond league. So we've been fortunate to win sapphires at each event.  We are a level 8 fort.  Yet we keep getting matched and re-matched over and over against level 20 teams that are top 5 every brawl event.  So that is why I question how the pairings are determined - and as I said the answer I got was that it was based on your sapphire amount in previous brawls. again, maybe something that could be modified. 
You shouldn't be throwing away all your troops in bgs to score brawl points.  There are tons of other ways to score points that don't involve losing troops.  Try upgrading your castle or lost arts, raiding for resources, building troops, etc.  
Sep 20, 2019, 20:0709/20/19
Sep 21, 2019, 18:09(edited)
04/16/16

Jelly Baby said:

What about the 100,000's of players that work on the weekends and have week days off ?   

Not every brawl has to start on a weekday, just some.  Maybe every 3rd Brawl would start on a Thursday or a Saturday.  This would give those that play on the weekends a chance to add points and have those who need a weekday to add points in the Brawl, to feel as though they are contributing to a leauge event.

Shouldn't a league be well rounded to included all of it's members that can play and not just those that play on the weekends?  But I guess there are those leagues out there that have over time (years) have kicked out enough members to be able to dictate when an event occurs based on $$ spent and when the majority of it's members play (weekends).  Kinda sucks for the newer leagues and the rest of the leagues out there, that have players who want to play during the week more.

** If you knew that you could get a free pint of beer at the pub on Fri, Sat, or Sun...  but you worked every weekend and missed out... wouldn't you feel more included if you could get that free pint on a Thurs or Mon when you were off work ? **

If this game is to evolve into something that people want to continue to play... even after Flash ends...  it should start to be more inclusive to all players more, not just a handful of players that come on to the forum and denounce every idea put forth as something "bad for all".  And to those that say "just skip one"... then that same idea should apply to you as well to "just skip one" that is started during the week.

The Duels were random... The Beacon Massacres were random...  PvP tourney's are random...  Experience Exhibitions are random...  Capture the Flag tourney's are random...   Battleground tourney's are random...

Although there is one event that is  NOT  random...   and that is the Champions XP being every Wednesday, so as not to coincide with the Brawl, since you get points for that activity

Sep 22, 2019, 12:5709/22/19
Sep 22, 2019, 12:58(edited)
02/22/16

Jelly Baby said:

Jelly Baby said:

What about the 100,000's of players that work on the weekends and have week days off ?   

I think the millions that don't work on the weekends  far out number that do work the weekend.

Although there is one event that is  NOT  random...   and that is the Champions XP being every Wednesday, so as not to coincide with the Brawl, since you get points for that activity

I find the chance of getting a Holybond during the Brawl using the hunt appears to be greater than when using the hunt during the Champion Event ! and  upgrading your champions during the Brawl also adds to your Brawl score substantially if you have enough Items to keep the hunt going in boost mode. :)  It's nice that the hunt can be used with great success in two events one after the other I think .

BiohazarDModerator
Sep 24, 2019, 15:2709/24/19
10/04/13
Wesley Pringle said:

Jelly Baby said:

Jelly Baby said:

I think the millions that don't work on the weekends  far out number that do work the weekend.

I find the chance of getting a Holybond during the Brawl using the hunt appears to be greater than when using the hunt during the Champion Event ! and  upgrading your champions during the Brawl also adds to your Brawl score substantially if you have enough Items to keep the hunt going in boost mode. :)  It's nice that the hunt can be used with great success in two events one after the other I think .

Are you sure it's not just you're doing more champ training during the brawl event so you end up winning more high level bonds during that time?  I haven't noticed that pattern myself, and I run champ training quite a bit during both events as well as randomly throughout the week.  Although admittedly the drop rate is low enough that it's difficult to tell.  
Oct 8, 2019, 17:3810/08/19
02/02/16
The rewards in the brawls are significant, so much so  that most leagues find they HAVE to participate to maintain standing.

Many people work on weekends now, and while many do not, or (like myself) can schedule their work;  the vast majority of family, social and entertainment events happen on weekends.    This sets up a conflict.   Serious players with a loyalty to their league resent having to choose between their league and real life commitments EVERY weekend.  Each player will have to resolve this conflict as best they can., but if brawls continue on Every weekend, then some (perhaps many) of the serious players are likely to resolve the conflict by leaving the game.

Oct 8, 2019, 19:1810/08/19
02/28/16

meck said:

the brawls are too frequent

I really dont understand you people.

Having full training queues gives more than 20k in the brawl, multiply that by 160 accounts and every healthy league will score 3,2M points afking. Add raids, regular and SH BGs, champs and 5M mark is a breeze without $.

It takes 20 wins in the diamond tier to earn enough orbs to max out grade IV champ. 20 weeks! 5 f... months! (if you win all) You want to make that a full year? Longer? Or you dont need orbs?

If you are struggling it's your choice. Join active league, recruit active players, merge or stop complaining. All leagues should be aspiring to be the best and not to bring the best leagues to their subpar level.

BiohazarDModerator
Oct 10, 2019, 21:1710/10/19
Oct 10, 2019, 21:19(edited)
10/04/13
Silverhand said:

meck said:

the brawls are too frequent

I really dont understand you people.

Having full training queues gives more than 20k in the brawl, multiply that by 160 accounts and every healthy league will score 3,2M points afking. Add raids, regular and SH BGs, champs and 5M mark is a breeze without $.

It takes 20 wins in the diamond tier to earn enough orbs to max out grade IV champ. 20 weeks! 5 f... months! (if you win all) You want to make that a full year? Longer? Or you dont need orbs?

If you are struggling it's your choice. Join active league, recruit active players, merge or stop complaining. All leagues should be aspiring to be the best and not to bring the best leagues to their subpar level.

Agreed.  That's also why there are different tiers in the brawl.  Smaller leagues that can't score as many points still get decent rewards for the points they do score.  At some point you just have to accept that it's not possible to have a game that rewards activity and effort without the people who are more active and put in more effort getting better rewards than those who don't.  And it's possible to score a significant number of points during the brawl even if you don't log in once during the event simply by keeping your troop queues full and starting upgrades ahead of time so they finish during the event, which gets you points for the full build/upgrade time.  
Oct 11, 2019, 17:0510/11/19
08/21/14

I can see both sides on this.  I think tournaments and events in general occur way too often.  I much preferred the way it was 5 years ago when such events lasted a week instead of a couple of days or so, but only occurred once a month.  Many players feel as though they must be involved all the time to stay competitive.   Personally, I don't feel this way.   However, I do prefer not to give an opponent an easy victory.   With this in mind, I'd suggest giving leagues the opportunity to remove themselves from being placed into the upcoming league brawl if they so choose.

For example....if a league decided to skip a week or two in order to prepare for an all out effort for points in hopes of finishing in the top 10 or at least receive maximum rewards from completing all of the point tiers, perhaps a toggle switch could be made available to the league marshal that when toggled 'off', would prevent the league from being placed into league brawls until the switch is toggled 'on'.

Use Tuesday or Wednesday reset as the cutoff point for the upcoming brawl.  Toggling on or off after the weekly deadline would have no effect on the upcoming weekend brawl.

If nothing changes, its still not bad as it stands now.    There is no requirement to participate.   Still, it would be nice if a league that wanted to skip a few could opt out so as not to give other leagues easy victories.   This might also have the side effect of increasing competition and league activity for leagues that actually intend to compete during the upcoming brawl.   Leagues will know in advance that their opponent likely intends to go all out and try to score big, which IMO adds a little 'rush' to the event.

Lets make those brawl victories feel like they were earned....or as many as possible anyway.   Blowouts due to an opponent wanting to skip that week or maybe just doesn't care about the brawls at all....well....just doesn't carry the same feeling as a nail-biter victory does.

League brawls are great as it stands, but an opt out toggle would be a nice addition as well.   Just a thought.
BiohazarDModerator
Oct 13, 2019, 07:0910/13/19
10/04/13
Aegon if you see this please change your chat settings, you have private messages from all users blocked, including forum moderators.  This is in violation of the community rules.